Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

One of the most illustrative moments in Goblins history was when Thunt, the author, posted about a Goblins wallpaper he'd made. He posted a low-quality version on the Goblins website, while a high-quality version was available if you donated to him on Patreon or something.

This was the image shown to illustrate the difference between the website version and the donor version:

Couldn't say it better myself.

BravestOfTheLamps has a new favorite as of 21:15 on Apr 25, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011
I'm sad

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
new kelly

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Cicadas! posted:

someone post dwarfroll.jpg from before he "fixed" it

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

What the gently caress is happening

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

oldpainless posted:

More like oldclueless

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

This is the best thing I've seen all day.

Edit: ~fwisp~

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

oldpainless posted:

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.
skubb

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
The sad thing is that I used to enjoy that comic. I thought it was an interesting POV and was curious about the Heavily Armoured dwarf's deal (He was a Paladin who had somehow retained his status instead of becoming a lapsed/fallen paladin despite becoming a murderous psychopath, and I was curious how that worked). However, it's clear that everything he tried to do, the Overlord games did infinitely better, partially because they gave each hero a unique and appropriate way of being corrupted that matched the stereotype as well as linking them to the 7 deadly sins quite nicely (The Hobbit had grown Gluttonous, the Elf had succombed to Sloth, the Dwarf was Greedy and covetous, the Human Knight was Wrathful, the Femme Fatale that joined the main character was representing Lust and the Wizard who caused it all was consumed by his own Pride) as opposed to Thunt's version of "Everyone is just a crazy murderer"

dumb.
Apr 11, 2014

-=💀=-

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.

Oh god my kitchen towel can relate, but I only do that if it goes disastrously and needs heavy cleanup as KT can survive being wet far better than TP.

quidditch it and quit it
Oct 11, 2012

Jesus Christ I wish I'd never mentioned Goblins.

BooLoo
Oct 18, 2010

SLAM TIME

BioEnchanted posted:

Oh god my kitchen towel can relate, but I only do that if it goes disastrously and needs heavy cleanup as KT can survive being wet far better than TP.

Gooniest post I've seen for a while.

funktopus
Jan 11, 2009

BooLoo posted:

Gooniest post I've seen for a while.

There's never been a shortage of goons who jump at the opportunity to tell other goons how much trouble they have taking a poo poo.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007
I remember the good* old days, when GBS was full of pantshitting threads.

*good compared to modern GBS, not objectively good

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

Baba Yaga Fanboy posted:

Jesus Christ, this guy has been doing this terrible comic for SO LONG and yet has STILL never learned basics of comic art like layout, silhouette clarity, or line of action.

Could you explain this stuff to me, and how it applies to that page?

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

paradoxGentleman posted:

/

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

paradoxGentleman posted:

It doesn't apply to that page. Or any page of Goblins that I recall. "Trash mob attempts to circumvent their fate by becoming PCs" is a good base for a story. The absurdly contrived death traps that make up old-school D&D is good grist for a setpiece. Thunt is incapable of making that story engaging, or blocking that action sequence. Or maybe he is, and he's just lazy who gives a poo poo gently caress you for making me think about Goblins again

ClothHat
Mar 2, 2005

ASK ME ABOUT MY LOVE OF THE LUMPEN-GOBLITARIAT
protip: trust no links I post
Did somebody say Goblins?

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Request. That comic about Dark Souls about how dumb casuals run in and die and superior cautious supersamrt players win.

Then the spin to win shows up.

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

That's it. Without the spin to win edit

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

funktopus posted:

There's never been a shortage of goons who jump at the opportunity to tell other goons how much trouble they have taking a poo poo.

Sometimes people might have a reason to boast. (from the healthcare stories thread)
:nms: http://i.imgur.com/QQrl0ay.jpg

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth
This one?

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Yeah that's the stuff.

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

Thank you.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

ClothHat posted:

Did somebody say Goblins?

"Tarol"

he needs terapy

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Why is there an H in the fwisp panel? Or is that part of :thejoke: ?

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Cartoon Man posted:

Why is there an H in the fwisp panel? Or is that part of :thejoke: ?

I halfway remember the reason for the H

it's the first initial of the dwarf's god...who's also the DM

god i loving hate goblins

Quidam Viator
Jan 24, 2001

ask me about how voting Donald Trump was worth 400k and counting dead.

OK, gently caress you, you have severely injured me with this thing. Do I read it from right to left? Is there a zoom-out function? Who is getting hit with what? What the gently caress is that thing? What the gently caress is the other thing?

WHY DOES IT SAY FWISP

Telegnostic
Apr 24, 2008
SKUBB

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Quidam Viator posted:

OK, gently caress you, you have severely injured me with this thing. Do I read it from right to left? Is there a zoom-out function? Who is getting hit with what? What the gently caress is that thing? What the gently caress is the other thing?

WHY DOES IT SAY FWISP

I think its like a road flare he is lighting? After that I have no idea what is going on, or why that axe in the 3rd panel is so tiny.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
Thunt doesn't have an update for us today, so instead he's posting tips on how to draw :irony:

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Has this person ever actually seen an ear.

e. Holy poo poo that first one has one ear, I was staring at it for the longest time wondering whether someone had peeled open the top of his head like a can.

Hardcordion
Feb 5, 2008

BARK BARK BARK
Jesus Christ. Now I've got to see "fixed" version Cicadas mentioned.

dumb.
Apr 11, 2014

-=💀=-

Blind Sally posted:

Thunt doesn't have an update for us today, so instead he's posting tips on how to draw :irony:

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Hardcordion posted:

Jesus Christ. Now I've got to see "fixed" version Cicadas mentioned.

i think it might be this:

http://www.goblinscomic.org/01292014/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
I have no idea what is happening in any of these terrible comics, whoever draws them is absolutely awful at communicating action visually.