Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Birdstrike posted:

I miss JakeP

me three :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Where has he gone?

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman
Sorry, gang - had to unexpectedly go on a business trip yesterday on very short notice and have been tied up all day today, so I have not caught up. Will be participating tomorrow; sorry to be MIA.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
Well, that'll show me not to check in between interviews.

Now things get interesting.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
Shareholders, executives, and secret evil murderers alike all gathered around The Lord of Hats. "Oy she don't have a lot to say. What is she hiding?" some asked. "She sucks at posting... her opinions on the opinion board," another cried. Still others said "thinking about things is hard! Let's just vote out someone quiet and try again tomorrow."
All very good points, leading the Lord of Hats to stand on top of a chair on top of a table to escape the crowd. "You fools!" she said in her head. "Can't you see I'm innocent?" she probably thought a lot. She imagined very sternly convincing them of their errors with well-thought out ideas and postings on the opinion board. It was all very charismatic, had it ever happened.
Alas, eventually the mob descended on Hats, and dragged her to a makeshift gallows. Right before they could push her over the balcony with a noose around her neck, Hats finally, at long last, spoke.
"Cease this nonsense at once! You cannot execute me, for doing so would be an act of divine treason. For, you are right, I am not what I appear to be. I do not belong here, or anywhere near here. I made a mistake ever thinking the life of commoners is something romantic. But I did not murder anyone. For you see..." -- at this her face contorted and shifted, as if being sculpted from clay -- "...I am Queen Cornelia, Empress of Arrentia."
The businesswomen and men stared at Hats, agape. She sure looked like the Empress. One merchant held up a coin - yes, it's definitely her all right, definitely probably.
They weren't sure what to make of it. Why would the Empress be here? And she was in disguise. That can't be good. And yet, she's still the Empress. Or at least looks a lot like her.
It was all very confusing. But they did know that they couldn't in good conscience kill her.

The Lord of Hats (queen-aligned), was not executed day 1.

It is now Night 1.

Night actions! You have, let's shoot for 12 hours from this post to submit them before I get annoyed.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
:c: The Final Day 1 Votecount :c:

The Lord of Hats (13): Birdstrike, 100YrsofAttitude, Ernie., -100YrsofAttitude, 100YrsofAttitude, KhyrosFinalCut, Mithross, wins32767, Max, Pinterest Mom, Somberbrero, Moatillata, its me glenda, Tired Moritz, -Somberbrero, Tobbs Gnawed, Kashuno
100YrsofAttitude (2): Pinterest Mom, Max, tpink, -tpink, Somberbrero, its me glenda, -its me glenda, -Max, Murmur Twin, this is a stickup, -Murmur Twin, Samfucius, -Pinterest Mom, -Somberbrero, Somberbrero, -Somberbrero
TMMadman (1): Murmur Twin, CCKeane, -Murmur Twin
Max (1): Tired Moritz, TMMadman, -Tired Moritz, Tired Moritz, -Tired Moritz
tpink (1): Uranium Phoenix, its me glenda, KhyrosFinalCut, -its me glenda, -KhyrosFinalCut
Tired Moritz (1): Birdstrike, -Birdstrike, Mithross, -Mithross, Murmur Twin
Spoonsy (0): Max, -Max, Birdstrike, -Birdstrike
Tobbs Gnawed (0): this is a stickup, -this is a stickup
Somberbrero (0): 100YrsofAttitude, -100YrsofAttitude
this is a stickup (0): Moatillata, -Moatillata, Moatillata, Kashuno, -Kashuno, -Moatillata
Quandary (0): Moatillata, Max, -Max, -Moatillata, Tobbs Gnawed, -Tobbs Gnawed
Kashuno (0): TMMadman, -TMMadman
Pinterest Mom (0): Birdstrike, -Birdstrike
its me glenda (0): Murmur Twin, -Murmur Twin
CCKeane (0): wins32767, -wins32767
Moatillata (0): this is a stickup, Ernie., its me glenda, Samfucius, -its me glenda, -Ernie., -this is a stickup, -Samfucius
Murmur Twin (0): its me glenda, Birdstrike, -its me glenda, -Birdstrike, Quandary, -Quandary

Not Voting (5): Quandary, Somberbrero, Spoonsy, The Lord of Hats, tpink

:h: With 24 players alive, it took 13 votes to be executed.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
Hello! I received most but not all the night actions within 12 hours, so thank you for those of you who were prompt. I received the rest shortly after 12 hours, but alas I was out and about all day and could only send out results just now.

Thank you for your patience!

============

Come morning, the storm remains as strong as it was the previous day, and, as the townspeople suspected, they found some of their own had been murdered during the night.
Unfortunately, both were murdered in possibly the most gruesome ways. First was Murmur Twin, whose corpse was mutilated such that she was barely recognizable. Her face had been ripped apart as if eaten by wild dogs, while her hands and chest were eviscerated as well. Perhaps most tellingly, her tongue was also ripped out. Papers in her room were burned, and there was no way to identify her.

:s:Murmur Twin, ???, ??? (???-aligned), was ripped apart night 1. :s:

The second was Mithross, or what was left of him. It was like a fire had started in his belly and consumed his entire room, but stopped as soon as it reached the edges. He, too, was unidentifiable.

:s: Mithross, ???, ??? (???-aligned), burned up night 1. :s:

It is now Day 2
:h: With 22 alive it takes 12 to execute.
:d: Day 2 deadline: Thursday, April 27th, ~11PM EDT. That's in slightly less than two days from this post. (Tighter deadlines encourage more posting!)

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
kept us waitign huh

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
Hats what's your deal

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
bad.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
hats is probably unkillable scum with a specific, bullshit death condition.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
i'm really mad and pissed off someone had the balls to kill murmur night one.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
I'm less interested in Hats' specific qualities as opposed to their flavour / background. I wouldn't vote today.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Somberbrero posted:

?

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Sorry about not claiming last night. It wasn't an ultimatum or anything, all the clues are there. But as usual no one really listens to me.

If I didn't it claim it's because I felt optimistic about surviving at the time, and I don't think claiming is really productive for town.

Somberbrero posted:

Is it common to have scum be execution-proof? Isn't that particularly broken, depriving the town of their one weapon?

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I bet hats is more of a unkillable town? Idk a unkillable scum sounds dumb.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Third party???

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Sorry about not claiming last night. It wasn't an ultimatum or anything, all the clues are there. But as usual no one really listens to me.

If I didn't it claim it's because I felt optimistic about surviving at the time, and I don't think claiming is really productive for town.

that you breadcrumbed it 'obviously' and called that out without explicitly claiming was an anti-town move. if one scum figures it out, they all know it, but the same is not true for town.

i have a guess but i don't know for sure.

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Is it common to have scum be execution-proof? Isn't that particularly broken, depriving the town of their one weapon?

ecco game.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Somberbrero posted:

that you breadcrumbed it 'obviously' and called that out without explicitly claiming was an anti-town move. if one scum figures it out, they all know it, but the same is not true for town.

I see. Well in that case as a sign of good-will I'm a boss. Hence the Baby Boss gif and

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Boys make up the majority of my friends.
On the other hand girls make up the majority of my friends.
Still, twice two gives you five.

I thought the gif would clinch it but whatever.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
wrong, based on his posts 100 was obviously breadcrumbing baby

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
##vote 100yrs

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
jesus

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Wtf is a boss

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Tired Moritz posted:

Wtf is a boss

I was one in a previous Eccogame (Insulting Inquiry), instead of performing the NK each night I submitted a kill target via mod to a mystery person who could either accept or reject the kill contract.
There were negative consequences for the killer if they rejected multiple kill assignments iirc

Also I knew who my scumbuds were but didn't have access to a doc so couldn't talk OOT.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
...that's not very town.

##vote 100yrs

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Birdstrike posted:

I was one in a previous Eccogame (Insulting Inquiry), instead of performing the NK each night I submitted a kill target via mod to a mystery person who could either accept or reject the kill contract.
There were negative consequences for the killer if they rejected multiple kill assignments iirc

Also I knew who my scumbuds were but didn't have access to a doc so couldn't talk OOT.

I feel like using previous Ecco games as explanations is probably not a good idea

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Somberbrero posted:

Unironically this. :(

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

100YrsofAttitude posted:

I see. Well in that case as a sign of good-will I'm a boss. Hence the Baby Boss gif and

I thought the gif would clinch it but whatever.

A little surprised by the very quick 180 turn from you not claiming yesterday to immediately claiming today.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Somberbrero posted:

Why do you think this is more likely than something like a one-shot lynchproof town? Or is this also an Eccogame(TM) thing?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Somberbrero posted:

Somberbrero posted:

these posts read to me as scum faking anger.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Kashuno posted:

these posts read to me as scum faking anger.

yeah it's weird to me too

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
honestly I'm weirded by the jump that hats is scum? like I don't think a scum that can't die via lynching makes much sense unless it's a shot system.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Tired Moritz posted:

honestly I'm weirded by the jump that hats is scum? like I don't think a scum that can't die via lynching makes much sense unless it's a shot system.

All I know is that it isn't town and that makes me so mad I did something I regret last night

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Pretty whacky that two kills were janitored.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

CCKeane posted:

Pretty whacky that two kills were janitored.

Sounds like something a robot would say...

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman
Beep boop. Who scum.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
hm ##vote Somberbrero

This feels right.

KhyrosFinalCut
Dec 16, 2004

Get it?
Ecco, Why can't you have games with a shred of normalcy? You know, where people who are executed actually die and people who die actually flip?

Birdstrike posted:

I was in this game I can vouch for the fact that it was as dumb and bad as it sounds.

Kashuno posted:

I feel like using previous Ecco games as explanations is probably not a good idea

For explaining the basics of a role that I never heard of before that other game? What's your beef?

I have trouble fathoming that anyone would fakeclaim this because it's ridiculous and I never ran into it before that other game.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I'm just saying, an exact duplicate of a role from a different game is a good way to use meta reasons to justify a bad lynch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

KhyrosFinalCut posted:

Ecco, Why can't you have games with a shred of normalcy? You know, where people who are executed actually die and people who die actually flip?

I was in this game I can vouch for the fact that it was as dumb and bad as it sounds.

For explaining the basics of a role that I never heard of before that other game? What's your beef?

I have trouble fathoming that anyone would fakeclaim this because it's ridiculous and I never ran into it before that other game.

This fake.

• Locked thread