Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Birdstrike posted:

"uh yeah let's all decide to protect the confirmed 3P instead of you know, a town"

https://twitter.com/dril/status/473265809079693312

This is a really bad post and I'm starting to have serious doubts about you Birb.

First of all, if Tired is town then the only person he knows for a fact is town is himself. Second, we don't actually know the wincon of the Queen. It's possible that she can't win the game with scum, but instead has to meet some unknown condition in order to win with town.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Birdstrike posted:

holy poo poo if you know your alignment why would you request a cop on yourself

wait

wait

I mean

I mean,

yeah, yeah I got the cop request on 100, yeah I copped him he's scum let's dunk him

And this post is just as bad. If I'm 100Yrs and can order a cop investigation, I'd absolutely order one on myself after that D1. The reason is because even though I know my alignment, other people do NOT and getting a cop result on someone who would likely be a lynch leader the next day is always a good idea.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

100YrsofAttitude posted:

I suggested Lords for protection pretty much when I awoke the following morning and saw N1 had begun. At that time I didn't have any of your guys insight, and I think it's been pretty well-established that I'm an idiot.
My only point is that Lords was execution-proof, which I deem incredibly highly unfair for scum to have so I thought Lords could be pro-town. Because Lords was so protected, I figured that made them high-priority and that scum would want to remove a high priority pro-town individual. I think it makes sense given what I knew at the time.

Call me wrong and a liar if you like but I'm getting incredibly tired of being misunderstood time and time again. It's seriously making me doubt my abilities to express myself well.

Everything I've said so far as been sincere but I'll lay all my cards on the table. I don't really give a gently caress any more and I don't really feel like you guys getting on my case for some stupid decision I've made so I'm telling you now that I got a Day exclusive boon. I can either doc someone or myself tonight or use a roleblock on a random power role. You guys can me by bosses by committee because clearly I make terrible decisions and you're all such loving masterminds.

I continue to get the same feel from 100yrs that I've been getting since pushing him on D1 about a couple of his posts - that what he posts doesn't always add up 100% but I also don't think he's scum based on how active he is and particularly given his continued efforts to explain his reasoning and thought process with many many :words:. To me, these attempts at explanations smack of earnest (and now frustrated) town rather than scum.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
I think 100yrs is on the level

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

TMMadman posted:

This is a really bad post and I'm starting to have serious doubts about you Birb.

First of all, if Tired is town then the only person he knows for a fact is town is himself. Second, we don't actually know the wincon of the Queen. It's possible that she can't win the game with scum, but instead has to meet some unknown condition in order to win with town.

Tired may not be town but even if he is he also knows that the Queen is not town.

Why are you so desperate to concoct reasons for keeping a non town player alive?
Is it because you are also not town?
Or is it because maybe mafia isn't the game for you? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Moatillata posted:

I think 100yrs is on the level

goddamnit moat maintain emotional control

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman
Sorry, on a phone and votefinder is not coming up for me - how long is D2? Assume we still have a while?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Birdstrike posted:

Tired may not be town but even if he is he also knows that the Queen is not town.

Why are you so desperate to concoct reasons for keeping a non town player alive?
Is it because you are also not town?
Or is it because maybe mafia isn't the game for you? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I'm not really trying to keep Hats alive, I'm just trying to slow people down and think about things. I'm pushing to get more information from all parties.

We've had two kills during the night and we know there are at least 2 factions (town and Queen aligned), but we don't know if Queen aligned is actually scum. This is a big game and Ecco usually likes to use multiple alignments in them, some of which can be beneficial to (and win with) town.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

tpink posted:

Sorry, on a phone and votefinder is not coming up for me - how long is D2? Assume we still have a while?

~26hrs until deadline

If on mobile just go to the website, its what i do to check if deadline is soon

http://www.votefinder.org/game/the-aquiline-conspiracy#votecount

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

tpink posted:

Please note, only the Ecco approved vote count is the true vote count, but the deadline is correct minus any floating that may come up.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Moatillata posted:

~26hrs until deadline

If on mobile just go to the website, its what i do to check if deadline is soon

http://www.votefinder.org/game/the-aquiline-conspiracy#votecount

TMMadman posted:

Please note, only the Ecco approved vote count is the true vote count, but the deadline is correct minus any floating that may come up.

Thank you both! Bookmarked that site on my phone.

Uranium Phoenix
Jun 20, 2007

Boom.

Lord of Hats, you should fullclaim.

Town doctors, please don't protect confirmed non-town players. For gently caress's sake.

Uranium Phoenix
Jun 20, 2007

Boom.

tpink posted:

I get this and I'm not trying to be difficult - but don't you think that in a 24-player game, there are going to be at at least two different scum teams? My assumption is that this is in fact more likely than having like one big 5/6-player scum team, and from other large Mafia games I've played on SA, I think that multiple scum teams tend to be the norm. And to be clear, I am not really pushing the narrative that MMT was scum - I am just not as certain as you guys that she was town based on the N1 death. It makes sense provisionally, but I am not going to take it as a given unless we have good reason to believe that there's only one scum team.

Also, this post on top of the earlier stuff mean tpink is almost certainly scum.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Uranium Phoenix posted:

Also, this post on top of the earlier stuff mean tpink is almost certainly scum.

Your "case" on me yesterday was terrible and it continues to be terrible. Thanks.

Uranium Phoenix
Jun 20, 2007

Boom.

tpink posted:

Your "case" on me yesterday was terrible and it continues to be terrible. Thanks.
It's okay, I'm not trying to convince you.

Who do you think is scum and why?

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
The last game I played a ecco game with weird alignments was the one with the kids and I was the mason converter that converts townies to cool alignment which was basically a flavor change.

I don't care as long as the queen win con aligns with town.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
This whole thing doesn't make any sense. Yesterday I said Max and Somber votes on 100yrs were bad, to which Hats replied

The Lord of Hats posted:

What's your objection in particular? He's certainly made bad enough points going after Pmom that votes on him are warranted. They don't come across super bandwagon-y to me.

I flipped out after this and went after Hats because it was demonstrably wrong.

Birdstrike posted:

I reread 100yrs again and I don't see him "going after" PinMom apart from the role-fishing comment

Hats' take is either insane or scum (probs both)

Okay, we dunked Hats, we're not doing that again today.
But why after Hats yesterday concocted reasons to defend people voting 100yrs - why would 100yrs think that this is a good person to waste a doctoring on??

this is insane I don't understand it ##unvote

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Well it's not like hats knew 100yrs's role/alignment. How spiteful would you be to not order a doc on someone just because they try to vote on you yesterday?

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Uranium Phoenix posted:

It's okay, I'm not trying to convince you.

Who do you think is scum and why?

:viggo:

I don't have strong enough reads on anyone as of yet today, which is also why I haven't voted yet and why I was asking how much time is left in the day. The N1 flips were not very helpful and today has been relatively quiet. I've moved on 100yrs as more likely town but haven't read anything today that's giving me strong scum feels. My guess is that given the size of the game and the lack of info in the flips so far, scum are more likely to try and lay low today and not attract much attention. But I dunno.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
I knew it. Tobbs is scum

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

tpink posted:

I don't have strong enough reads on anyone as of yet today, which is also why I haven't voted yet and why I was asking how much time is left in the day. The N1 flips were not very helpful and today has been relatively quiet. I've moved on 100yrs as more likely town but haven't read anything today that's giving me strong scum feels. My guess is that given the size of the game and the lack of info in the flips so far, scum are more likely to try and lay low today and not attract much attention. But I dunno.

I am also finding this "don't try to solve this through night Mafia" eccogame thing rough :(

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Tired Moritz posted:

Well it's not like hats knew 100yrs's role/alignment. How spiteful would you be to not order a doc on someone just because they try to vote on you yesterday?

If somebody misrepresented my posts to get me dunked I'd be salty as hell and when they flipped not town I sure wouldn't doc them

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
If hats died, this day would even have less content.

I'm just waiting for them to post.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman
HATS SHOW YOURSELF :toughguy:

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
We're going nowhere fast, time to Archerize this plan

Assuming that 100yrs is the dumbest townie ever (highly probable), who wanted them dead? Max, Somber, PinMom.

Scum would've been happy to vote 3P Hats yesterday, so when they couldn't get town 100 dunked they moved to Hats.

##vote Pinterest Mom

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Tired Moritz posted:

I knew it. Tobbs is scum

Lol wrong

Uranium Phoenix
Jun 20, 2007

Boom.

tpink posted:

Huh. Scum are likely to lay low. You mean like, lurking?

Sort of, like, you know, how you played yesterday?

Uranium Phoenix
Jun 20, 2007

Boom.

Birdstrike posted:

Assuming that 100yrs is the dumbest townie ever (highly probable), who wanted them dead? Max, Somber, PinMom.

Scum would've been happy to vote 3P Hats yesterday, so when they couldn't get town 100 dunked they moved to Hats.

##vote Pinterest Mom

No, this is dumb. You're assuming way too much poo poo and the logic doesn't follow.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Uranium Phoenix posted:

You're tunneling me for reasons that I can't really figure out, but you are also just doing it in a really bad way - by disregarding posts that I made that specifically address the points that you are trying to make:

tpink posted:

Sorry, gang - had to unexpectedly go on a business trip yesterday on very short notice and have been tied up all day today, so I have not caught up. Will be participating tomorrow; sorry to be MIA.

What's your deal?

Uranium Phoenix
Jun 20, 2007

Boom.

Uranium Phoenix posted:

Maybe not lurking. Huh, maybe scum trying to lay low might want to say absolutely nothing of substance, such as guessing the setup and not saying who they think is scum.

*Camera pans to tpink, zooms in*

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

Birdstrike posted:

##vote Pinterest Mom

...and how would they know hats is 3p?

Totally down with murdering pin but your logic don't follow.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Uranium Phoenix posted:

No, this is dumb. You're assuming way too much poo poo and the logic doesn't follow.

Birdstrike posted:

welcome 2 the danger zone

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Tired Moritz posted:

they wouldn't, but they'd know they're not scum and would happily vote

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Also lurking is a legit scum tactic and the fact people don't believe it is wrong.

Especially in huge as gently caress games.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Uranium Phoenix posted:

Maybe not lurking. Huh, maybe scum trying to lay low might want to say absolutely nothing of substance, such as guessing the setup and not saying who they think is scum.

*Camera pans to tpink, zooms in*

Ok now we are moving the goalposts, cool. There are like 4 people posting today. If I were lurking / trying to stay low, this is a really lovely way of doing it.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Tobbs literally made just one post because I called him scum.

Where are you, Tobbs?!!!!

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Tired Moritz posted:

Also lurking is a legit scum tactic and the fact people don't believe it is wrong.

Especially in huge as gently caress games.

Yup, that is true.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Max posted:

Yup, that is true.

It's not your usual tactic though, so this is strange

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Tired Moritz posted:

Tobbs literally made just one post because I called him scum.

Where are you, Tobbs?!!!!

I am here :)

I would v much like to see more pressure on mote I think there is something there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Tired Moritz posted:

Why are you down with murdering me tho

• Locked thread