Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

+ATK Reinhardt with Death blow 3 has made arena way simpler.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cosmic Afro
May 23, 2011
I did a fourth draw.

I got three Hanas from it.

I think I'm done.

Ubiquitus
Nov 20, 2011

the Orb of Zot posted:

Quick question:

For the purposes of arena, would it be better for me to stick with my current configuration (Nino + Azura + Eirika + whatever arena bonus unit I'm using) or go to work on Xander once he's released and run him in a cavalry build alongside Olwen, Reinhardt, and whatever arena bonus unit I'm using?

In between Ike and Xander, the list of reds that Nino can't kill without Desperation will be noticeably higher as a result, whereas the list of things that Olwen can't 1RKO with a total of +10 ATK and Speed buffs is going to be insanely small (49 ATK and 45 speed with a brave tome will do that sort of thing, leaving only green tomes as an issue).

EDIT: Also had a funny moment last night when I spent 60 orbs trying to get Ike, failed (getting a +Speed/-ATK 5* Merric and my 4th Lyn), did the normal stages of chapter 10, then did a hail-mary 1-pull right after and got +ATK/-RES Ike.

14 RES at level 40 is...worrying.

He won't really be surviving anything at 18 res, I don't see it as much of a loss . . .

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

LightningSquid posted:

Spring Lucina is blue, so you need Blarblade, not Gronnblade. You can get it from Odin.

Oh, right.

... I don't have an Odin, poo poo. Lucina can stay as-is I guess. :sigh:

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Cosmic Afro posted:

I did a fourth draw.

I got three Hanas from it.

I think I'm done.

Level them up to gold and merge them for stat bumps.

If you have the time for it, that is. :v:

LeafyGreens
May 9, 2009

the elegant cephalopod

I finally have a lvl 40 5* Hana.

I....I think I've finished the game??

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Octolady posted:

I finally have a lvl 40 5* Hana.

I....I think I've finished the game??

Not until your memes are +10 are you truly done with the game

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
So I drew a Lyn from my last pull.

She's absolute garbage now right?

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Yorkshire Tea posted:

So I drew a Lyn from my last pull.

She's absolute garbage now right?

Having desperation on your weapon allows you to combo it with another B slot, something which no other character can do. Brash Assault is a popular one.

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
sure is nice hitting 40 on my casual team and immediately facing absurd meta teams in arena on intermediate

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I kinda pray for Oboro now. Seal def is so good for grinding your heroes.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

ungulateman posted:

sure is nice hitting 40 on my casual team and immediately facing absurd meta teams in arena on intermediate
Wait until you get to advanced and their loving Horse Emblem meme-teams.

Tired Moritz posted:

I am hoping for a Barte more than any other Green unit at the moment simply because my Lyn needs Brash Assault.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I want a Fae so I can do the dumb healing lucina build with renewal 3

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Tired Moritz posted:

All the seals are underrated imo. Enemy phase bait & debuff units are great.

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013
What do you guys think I should do for project mega-Ike? I've already gotten quick riposte and a support slot skill, but does anyone have any ideas what I can fill his C slot with? I'm thinking either threaten Attack to ensure he can Heavy Blade just about everything, or some sort of hone in order to grant synergy with my Eirika, Nino, Ninian team. Kinda funnily, that would mean I should give him fortify Res, as that's the only skill that doesn't already have some kind of buff in that team. But... where do I get fortify Res?

I can have moments of... eccentricity and sometimes be quite curious about things. Please forgive me if I do something foolish or rude.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Andrast posted:

I want a Fae so I can do the dumb healing lucina build with renewal 3

Isn't Chrom the better pick for that build? I actually have a couple Faes and Chroms so it might be a pet project down the road.

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

Wait does Renewal 3 stack with Falchion? That's pretty dope

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

ApplesandOranges posted:

Isn't Chrom the better pick for that build? I actually have a couple Faes and Chroms so it might be a pet project down the road.
My Bunny Chrom is great, especially for these defense maps. He's kitted out with the Carrot Axe, Ardent Sacrifice, Renewal 3 and Breath of Life 3. He's +SPD too, which means his attacks are pretty awesome too. I find it funny that my best healer isn't even a healer.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Philip Rivers posted:

Wait does Renewal 3 stack with Falchion? That's pretty dope

They stack yeah. Other than turn 5, you're getting a 10 hp heal every round, and a 20 hp heal every six rounds. Combine that with Sol/Aether and it can make for a very pesky chokepoint. Or until some mage comes along and OHKOS you anyway.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
:negative: still no second Ike. I really wish we could just pay orbs to re-roll a character.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

ApplesandOranges posted:

Unlike chrom, Lucina murders everything. I want the character to be good in addition to the healing.

I also have two perfect IV Lucinas

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Murderion posted:

Microtransactions are based around a psychological niche price that a person considers to be trivial (under $5 roughly, but it varies), so it looks like they thought people were going to drop cash on single pulls :psyduck:

The microtransaction model is different from the gacha model. The latter encourages mass purchase of currency. The pricing model in FEH is the same as pretty much any other gacha game (volume discounts). I bet all pricing decisions were built around the idea of 20 orbs per 5-roll and then added the discount and pity counter features to encourage people to roll until the end.

Of course they then undermined themselves by releasing color-unbalanced banners and making colorless underwhelming, which encourage people to focus on specific colors. (Although thinking about it the former was maybe on purpose too since it means the player will on average spend more per roll than originally designed)

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!
Just starting out and rolled a 5 star hero named Titania. Should I re-roll a couple more times or stop worrying and just jump into the game ?

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
I only spent money on Dokkan Battle a couple of times, when the currency was discounted to the point where you could do a full pull (10 characters in that game) for less than £4/5, and the banners themselves were particularly exciting (new range of super power creep units, bonus free stuff when doing a full pull etc.)

Unless Heroes starts doing little events like that I won't ever spend money on it.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I'm never going to spend money on a gacha game

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
I've logged into dokkan battle for 281 consecutive days now. Slipping them £10 towards their Christmas party is the least I should do.

But there are people on these forums who have spent thousands on it.

LeafyGreens
May 9, 2009

the elegant cephalopod

Merging question, so whenever you merge two units of the same rarity you get all the inherited skills the lost unit knows right? Does it matter what level the two units are? Does the unit you keep have to be lower?

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

sassassin posted:

But there are people on these forums who have spent thousands on it.
no way, you're fuckin with me.

... who? :allears:

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Hammerstein posted:

Just starting out and rolled a 5 star hero named Titania. Should I re-roll a couple more times or stop worrying and just jump into the game ?

It's up to you whether you want to reroll, but general consensus is Titania is kinda meh. If you want to reroll, reroll for Ike since he's the best focus character from this banner. That said if you roll a Ryoma, Hector, or to a lesser extent Azura, it's a good idea to keep them since they're the most wanted units.

Also, if you want to bother with it, most units have an internal +/- to their stats, you can punch in their level 1 stats on a stat calculator online and find out which stats get an increase/decrease.

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

Octolady posted:

Merging question, so whenever you merge two units of the same rarity you get all the inherited skills the lost unit knows right? Does it matter what level the two units are? Does the unit you keep have to be lower?

Yeah you get them all, and if the unit being eaten has the skills learned the eater inherits them learned as well. Skills that have not been learned/inherited but not learned transfer as well, but unlearned. Doesn't matter what level they are.

I merged a buff Eirika yesterday with a new one with better IVs and it was hard to find clear information about it, since they've only just changed it maybe? But its very generous.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
I got another 20 orbs so I did a pull on 2 reds and 2 greens chasing Ike and Titania. I got a Karel, do I use him or turn my Hana into that dumb Wo Dao+ meme machine and does she handle multiple Hectors without dying (though as long as she's not merged, I might not be in whale territory again)?

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

The White Dragon posted:

no way, you're fuckin with me.

... who? :allears:

People in the mobile gaming thread in the anime subforum are open and honest about their spending habits.

Dokkan battle had an event recently where you got a ticket for every 50 stones you had spent (10 characters, rrp ~£25) over the lifetime of the game. Largely f2p players like myself got 40-60 tickets, depending on when they started playing.

One SA forums poster received 628. edit: And another got 850 wow.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Hammerstein posted:

If you're really set on re-rolling, go for an Ike with +attack. Distant counter is a super useful skill and it's baked into his weapon.

LeafyGreens
May 9, 2009

the elegant cephalopod

cpaf posted:

Yeah you get them all, and if the unit being eaten has the skills learned the eater inherits them learned as well. Skills that have not been learned/inherited but not learned transfer as well, but unlearned. Doesn't matter what level they are..

Woohoo, thanks! I'm gonna farm extra skills on low lvl same rarity characters and smush em into my buff units.

SpaceCadetBob
Dec 27, 2012

Octolady posted:

Woohoo, thanks! I'm gonna farm extra skills on low lvl same rarity characters and smush em into my buff units.

Just for clarity, they don't even need to be the same rarity. You can feed 3* dudes with skills into a 5* no problem.

Neutral Zone Trap
Nov 6, 2011

It's in the garbage. Where it belongs.
The game's still fun but I really wish they would add more content more often. There needs to be something that's not Arena to work towards. Something "gently caress off if you don't have 3 +10 Hectors for this map" challenges or something

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Like the grand hero battles and constantly changing quests?

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

SpaceCadetBob posted:

Just for clarity, they don't even need to be the same rarity. You can feed 3* dudes with skills into a 5* no problem.

Octolady posted:

Yeah I was talking about the unit merging changes they added to inheritance; you can only merge units that are the same rarity even though you can inherit skills between rarities.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
wtf, how much free time do you have to complain about the content? there's literally 6/7 sets of quests right now. I'm swamped.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Should I sacrifice Soren to nino for waterstep