Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neutral Zone Trap
Nov 6, 2011

It's in the garbage. Where it belongs.

Tired Moritz posted:

wtf, how much free time do you have to complain about the content? there's literally 6/7 sets of quests right now. I'm swamped.

I don't know, I've gotten all of this month's quests done on the same day they came out. Ike took two days with the high stamina Lunatics.

But the hero battles are the type of content I mean but they are far cry from 3 +10 Hectors or gently caress off difficulty

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

It's a lousy gameplay mechanic but the game needs items worth farming for, the HM stuff seems like a step in the right direction but those as well as the promotion badges seem like afterthoughts. Even if it was a bunch of materials to craft a seal or something it might add a few more carrots to keep people playing the game

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I don't want challenges that expect 3 +10 Hectors.

Edit: I mean any decent red would destroy that team but still.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I just want to chill with my mobile game. :(

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

This game isn't really built for high difficulty anyway. It's really hard to design difficult stuff that isn't just "Do you have X unit with Y stats?" check since the team and map sizes are so small.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

I think grand hero battles are anout right with difficulty. They take a day or two, but if youre short on tools to tackle them you can usually raise them up just in time to finish them

Neutral Zone Trap
Nov 6, 2011

It's in the garbage. Where it belongs.

Andrast posted:

This game isn't really built for high difficulty anyway. It's really hard to design difficult stuff that isn't just "Do you have X unit with Y stats?" check since the team and map sizes are so small.

Let's see what if anything comes out of the survival mode. Multiple maps in row with limited units, maybe force unit changes between maps anyway? Would require you to build several working teams. There's definitely room to explore if they want to.

FoolyCharged posted:

I think grand hero battles are anout right with difficulty. They take a day or two, but if youre short on tools to tackle them you can usually raise them up just in time to finish them

If you have the tools the two fights take three minutes combined. Why not have more difficulty levels? Just need to watch out for the rich getting richer thing so have them reward something nice but not necessary.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Tired Moritz posted:

wtf, how much free time do you have to complain about the content? there's literally 6/7 sets of quests right now. I'm swamped.

The Robin and Navarre quests took me 18 minutes in total to knock out, Ike was about 25

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

TheKingofSprings posted:

The Robin and Navarre quests took me 18 minutes in total to knock out, Ike was about 25

How the gently caress did you level a Robin from 1-40 in 18 minutes?

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
This game lacks upward progression at the moment. There's nothing (worthwhile) in the game that can't be beaten after a couple of days play and 4 level 40 characters.

Our teambuilding adventures are largely just a masturbatory exercise for use in an arena that provides us with more lube.

I would be happy to junk everything I have and reroll tomorrow if a banner with characters I liked came out, and for as many hours as I've put into it that's kind of sad. I've not built x so I could get y which allows me to do z which meant I could farm f to create x+1 which opened up #a*. I've just got Reinhardt, now and forever God King of the universe (I've not even given him good skills).

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Yorkshire Tea posted:

Already had her from the first run?

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Is there any chance that someday we'll be able to like prestige a unit and change their IVs?

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

Yorkshire Tea posted:

Yeah. I already had a Robin and Navarre leveled up in case I wanted to use them as bonus units (I pretty much always level up the GHB units in advance because of that). Took me till this morning (no stamina refills) to beat all the chapter 10 quests. I'd like more content, but I haven't put a cent into this game so I can't complain. I don't really mess with arena though. I just try to get a 4000 score, and don't care about any characters that die.

Edit: I will say skill inheritance has given me a lot more to play around with though, and I really enjoy it. Still haven't gotten an Barst or Eliwood though, who I'd like to mulch for skills (and I'd want two before I mulch though).

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Andrast posted:

Hmmm I dunno, I think a horde mode could be cool, or gauntlet style maps. There's definitely ways to spice the game up.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
6 barsts here

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
I gave my 5* Jaffar Savage Blow 3 from Camilla and Poison Strike 2 from a 4* Matthew the other day. So that should be fun when I get him to 40 :shepface:

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

Tae posted:

6 barsts here
I want reposition so bad! Can't complain though, I have lots of great 5 stars.

GLAAD trash bags
Jan 4, 2015
Today I realized even though I've pulled 7-8 natural 5 stars, including 2 hectors. I've never pulled any rarity of Nino, ever. Which I suppose is why I've never really seen the hype of full buff teams.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

GLAAD trash bags posted:

Today I realized even though I've pulled 7-8 natural 5 stars, including 2 hectors. I've never pulled any rarity of Nino, ever. Which I suppose is why I've never really seen the hype of full buff teams.

Take 3 of my spare Ninos

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.

Yorkshire Tea posted:

So I drew a Lyn from my last pull.

She's absolute garbage now right?

She's not as good as she was before, but there's probably decent stuff/builds that you can do with her, so use her if you like her.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Folt The Bolt posted:

She's not as good as she was before, but there's probably decent stuff/builds that you can do with her, so use her if you like her.

Idk, Fury 3/Life and Death were a pretty big deal for her and she's one of the best Moonbow users in the game

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism

GLAAD trash bags posted:

I've been playing since day one and have also never pulled a Nino.

Instead I have countless Berukas.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

I have two Nino, one neutral and one something else, and I use neither because I have a 5* Tharja instead. :smugdog:

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

UHD posted:

I have two Nino, one neutral and one something else, and I use neither because I have a 5* Tharja instead. :smugdog:

Reinhardt Thundercock thanks you for your service in using a red ranger, friend

SpaceCadetBob
Dec 27, 2012
I will always have a soft spot for Tharja since she was the first character I 5'd and fully skilled out. But when I was bored one week I leveled up a 4* Nino, and honestly she seems better at 4* and Tharja does at 5*. She just covers the meta so much better, where Tharja always has to struggle vs endless blue mages. The few red opponents that Nino might struggle with are easy to handle with any of the massively good blues you can put on your team to cover the weakness.

LeafyGreens
May 9, 2009

the elegant cephalopod

I recently 5*'d my Nino, my murder daughter is perfect. She's the only useful green unit besides maybe Anna I have. Got a 5* Fae too, but screw trying to bring her into arena.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Everytime you bring a dragon to arena

LightningSquid
Dec 27, 2013
Fae is good and is my friend

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

Tae posted:

Julia mulches any dragon. Granted I haven't gotten an Falchion users at 5* to compare, but it is glorious all the same.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

Whenever I inherit Fae's Drag Back I feel like I am history's greatest monster

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

Tae posted:

Unless that dragon is Nowi...
http://dragonith.deviantart.com/art/FE-Heroes-The-Divine-Falchion-670229490

GLAAD trash bags
Jan 4, 2015

LornMarkus posted:

Julia mulches any dragon. Granted I haven't gotten an Falchion users at 5* to compare, but it is glorious all the same.

Julia can murk dragons without eating counters, which makes her better than Chrom and fury-less Marth in that regard, but being anti--dragon without being gimped if they have any level of swordbreaker is the best part about her I'd guess.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
The best part is when she hits 99 damage on a No'wi or Ninian, IMHO

GLAAD trash bags
Jan 4, 2015
Big numbers are always good and cool for sure, I love having Hector just walking up v.slowly and destroying them in a single massive axe swing.

LeafyGreens
May 9, 2009

the elegant cephalopod

LightningSquid posted:

Fae is good and is my friend

Fae is super cute but she's Falchion food :(

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

Also I accidentally threw away my Florina that has been filling space on my team, so I guess it's time to figure out who to toss in her place. Probably a Blue to keep my team balanced. I was training up my Sharena but I'm hesitant to field a full team of Infantry. I did pull some Effie recently but I'd probably need to slot a movement skill on Julia to help get her around . . .

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

LornMarkus posted:

I'm hesitant to field a full team of Infantry

Why? Kagero isn't that common and she can be dealt just fine by infantry too

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

LornMarkus posted:

Also I accidentally threw away my Florina that has been filling space on my team, so I guess it's time to figure out who to toss in her place. Probably a Blue to keep my team balanced. I was training up my Sharena but I'm hesitant to field a full team of Infantry. I did pull some Effie recently but I'd probably need to slot a movement skill on Julia to help get her around . . .

Jagen

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!
Dodged two 690+ Reinhardt teams for my last game in my arena run. Third one offered was a 688 Olwen and I just went with it.

Turns out that was Olwen, Cecilia, Eldigan... and Reinhardt, because of course. Full set of cavalry buffs, all heavily merged, Olwen with Blarblade and Cecilia with Gronnblade. (Cecilia hilariously had Close Counter for some reason.)

If I hadn't lucked out with the forest map, I doubt I could have done that one deathless. Finished the run at 4790. Hopefully that's enough to keep me in the 5k-10k bracket.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cosmic Afro
May 23, 2011
I've dunked the rest of my orbs to try to get Ike, because I've come to realize I don't fully care about the game that much to economise my orbs anymore and just got for characters I actually know about.

100 down the drain. 5 more Hinatas.

Well. I guess that's the price with gatchas. Also my two Reinharts earlier.