Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Hal Incandenza posted:

but what about third parties???

also 50/50, obviously

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

Hal Incandenza posted:

Still fits, theyre either town or scum, 3rd party isnt town therefore they're scum.

We live in a binary world hal, as depressing as that is.

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

:pcgaming: :pcgaming: :pcgaming:

Hal Incandenza posted:

If you ain't with us you against us

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
##vote YPM

Probably better than the Hal vote, now that I've played some Yooka Laylee and feel happy again.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Mr. F! posted:

Either they are or they aren't. 50/50

I don't want to live in your cruel binary world.

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

Mr. F! posted:

Still fits, theyre either town or scum, 3rd party isnt town therefore they're scum.

We live in a binary world hal, as depressing as that is.

Only a scum deals in absolutes....

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
:redhammer: If I'm to believe votefinder.

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

And thats hammer, yorkshire that was bad.

:redhammer:

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman
No posting after the hammer, y'all. (that includes me so I'll stop too)

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
:redhammer: Hey, that's a hammer for Your Personal Muse!

Votecount for Day 3
With 9 alive, it's 5 votes to execute. The current deadline is April 25th, 2017 at 8 p.m. CDT -- that's in about 29 minutes.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
The attic of Ravenswood was a cavernous affair, even on a fair day the light from the East and West windows would have just barely touched its center. At that heart of darkness, five of our remaining Agents, mostly Rockports, stood at attention. Bertram was arguing passionately, surrounded on all sides by the others. He stood in front of Jenny Lind style stagecoach trunk, his Ghost Lamp reflecting its sterile light off the brass tacks.

"Don't you see?" he cried. "This is unlike anything in the history of The Problem! We can't
destroy this, are you crazy? We... we have to observe it, preserve it for our researchers. This could change everything!"

Slyvia glared at him, taking a step forward and putting a hand to her rapier, "Get out of the way, Coleman. You're mad." Agent Sleighton stepped forward with her, backing up his fellow agent. From behind them, Marissa gave a pleading look, and Agent Litkin coughed politely.

Bertram looked stunned, then angry. "What good," he whispered, "was stealing all this flesh, if you still won't listen to me?" The assembled agents turned in surprise as the collective detritus of the Leonard family began to rise in the air behind them, rattling violently.

Bertram raised his arms, the skin split at the seams of his host and ghostly tendrils whipped out through the flesh and all about the room. Objects started flinging themselves at head level, a teapot from the 1920's that was probably worth a month's salary narrowly avoided taking Agent Hodges full in the face as she dropped to the floor. Bertram's cackling seemed to be turning the air colder and colder as it echoed throughout the attic, until a flash of steel cut through. The Ghost of Coleman hissed and disappeared, sending the raised objects crashing to the ground. Agent Chaplin stood panting behind the flapping skinsuit that had been their companion moments ago, a rapier in his hand.

"Oh my God you guys, I totally lost you. Did you see that thing attacking Coleman?" He looked down at the disfigured body. "I think I was too late."

Before the spirit could reform, the trunk was popped open. There was a whole life inside, letters and photos and keepsakes, and a crisp footman's uniform, somehow still immaculately pressed. A flare was lit and tossed inside, the lid quickly shut. The temperature in the room began to rise. Another ghost, put to rest, or at least put away.

Your Personal Muse, Bertram Coleman, Ravenswood Poltergeist was purged day three!

quote:

When you perform the scum kill, you may choose to use the ability ##levitate. This may circumvent any ghost-specific protections that could prevent the kill from occurring.

You have the ability to assign Beacons. When you target a player to become a Beacon, you may choose from one of two options, Watch or Track. From that point forward, each night you will be forwarded a list of either who visited that player, or who that player visited.

Votecount for Day 3

Your Personal Muse (5): Mr. F!, Mr. F!, this is a stickup, Flamander, Flamander, Hal Incandenza, Yorkshire Tea, this is a stickup, Yorkshire Tea, tpink, Mayor Glowku, Flamander, Yorkshire Tea
Mayor Glowku (2): Retro Futurist, Flamander, this is a stickup, this is a stickup, Flamander, Flamander, Your Personal Muse, Your Personal Muse, Your Personal Muse, Flamander
Retro Futurist (1): Mayor Glowku, Flamander, Flamander, Mr. F!, Mayor Glowku
tpink (0): Flamander, Flamander
Hal Incandenza (0): Your Personal Muse, Your Personal Muse, Yorkshire Tea, Yorkshire Tea
Lynch No One! (0): Flamander, Flamander
Yorkshire Tea (0): Flamander, Flamander

Not Voting (1): this is a stickup

With 9 alive, it's 5 votes to execute. The current deadline is April 25th, 2017 at 8 p.m. CDT -- that's in about 0 minutes.

(Remember, flavor is just for fun!)

Night time, actions please!

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
As clocks throughout Ravenswood strike midnight, the remaining Agents discover that Agent Litkin is no longer with them. In fact, all traces of them have vanished altogether, at least until moments later, when the whispers creep in. The survivors look at each other and know that they're all hearing it, there's no escaping this voice. Over and over, it chants "Slyvia, Georgia. Binnes, Stokes. Slyvia, Binnes. Stokes, Georgia."

tpink, Alan Litkin, ??? ????? disappeared night three!

In no order, the following players visited tpink over the course of the game:

code:
Hal Incandenza
this is a stickup
The reason for Sleighton missing the hourly check-in becomes apparent, as they find him near the second floor bedrooms, crudely suspended a short distance from the floor by his own rapier. Even as the remnants of the party make the necessary preparations to prevent his ghost from rising, they hear Litkin's whispers all around them. Some Agents look desperate, others determined. The challenges they endured this night would have driven a weaker soul mad, but now they must surely be at an end. Sunrise was closer than it had ever been, now all that remained was to see it.

Mayor Glowku, Daniel Sleighton, Rockport Duelist was found dead night three!

quote:

You have a Vigilante kill! You may ONLY kill at night, once per game. Do this by simply submitting ##duel player.

Day 4 Begins!

Not Voting (6): Flamander, Hal Incandenza, Mr. F!, Retro Futurist, this is a stickup, Yorkshire Tea

With 6 alive, it's 4 votes to execute. The current deadline is April 29th, 2017 at midnight CDT -- that's in about 1 day, 23 hours.

Somberbrero fucked around with this message at 20:14 on May 1, 2017

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

Was someone looking for eggs?

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

Also I 0wn3d you YPM, work on your scum game. I saw through you from d1.

Flamander
May 4, 2009
Last night, I protected Hal and RF. Former because I'm sure he's town, latter for investigative reasons.

Let's do a roundup of who's town and scum - there has to be at least two scum:

Town:

Me (was almost sure I was gonna get nightkilled last night - but x2 protect each night)
Hal (Ghost result on YPM seems pretty clear he's on the town's side)
RF (Last night, I tried to protect RF again and got a positive - this suggests that there is a roleblocker among us, and roleblockers are scum)

Scum/3P:

this is a stickup (visited tpink N3 who disappeared - and the only other player who used his action on him is Hal, who we already know the action of)
Mr. F! (Hasn't posted very much - if stickup is the one who nightkilled tpink, Mr. F! is probably RF's roleblocker? It could have also been tpink.)
York (Most shady out of all the cases, but since he hasn't come forward with evidence for a role yet, I'm reckoning he's a hiding SK? Could be scum or town, also, but SK seems most likely.)

To me, it's pretty clear that stickup is the player with the highest chance of being scum; so, unless there are any good opposing arguments, I'll vote for him.

##vote this is a stickup

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.
My thoughts are that there are three scum and a serial killer.

The remaining scum is a roleblocker.

The serial killer can janitor dudes.

The reason I think there's an SK is because certain players "Disappear" when they die whilst others are just killed. I only noticed this N2, but it happened again N3.

Hal is def town.

RF and Flam are town if one of them is town.

Since I'm pretty sure I'm going to die tonight, this is all my data on the game. I don't see much of a reason to keep it hidden any more.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
uh

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
what the gently caress is going on this gane

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
I am a telepath, a one shot mason recruiter. I recruit as a day action, don't have a night action. can always recruit one person when not in a masonry. I'll recruit Hal and he can confirm later

I have been in a mason doc with tpink the whole game. his action is just loudmouth when killed. he didn't talk for 90% of the game, but yesterday we were in agreement about not believing glowku

I'm pretty sure he was scum and stole glenda's flip. remember there are death millers in this game.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

this is a stickup posted:

I am a telepath, a one shot mason recruiter. I recruit as a day action, don't have a night action

for either of you two logic powerhouses this means I don't visit anyone

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Recruit me!

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

I am a telepath, a one shot mason recruiter. I recruit as a day action, don't have a night action. can always recruit one person when not in a masonry. I'll recruit Hal and he can confirm later

I have been in a mason doc with tpink the whole game. his action is just loudmouth when killed. he didn't talk for 90% of the game, but yesterday we were in agreement about not believing glowku

I'm pretty sure he was scum and stole glenda's flip. remember there are death millers in this game.

Wait when did we ever confirm there are death millers?

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.
And additionally, if what you say is true, why would tpink loudmouth you visiting him?

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
already sent the action to recruit hal

yorkie please go read the original post of this thread in its entirety. rule number 11 is the reason I jumped at the chance to join.

one flip was janitored. I believe one flip is false. I dunno why I'm in the list but I don't trust any of the info from last night. tpink claimed his role in our mason doc as loudmouth when killed. no one that knew that would nk him :ssh:

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.
gently caress okay, well town's hosed.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.
Wait the mafia wiki is unclear. Are death millers mafia aligned or do they just reveal as mafia when they die?

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Yorkshire Tea posted:

Wait the mafia wiki is unclear. Are death millers mafia aligned or do they just reveal as mafia when they die?

typically it is town that reveals as mafia when they die, but what you should be reading here is there will be false flips

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.
gently caress my life I just suggested an entire set of actions based on the idea that flips were actually worth a poo poo at revealing information.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I kind of doubt there are false flips given how involved the flavour is, AND a janitor.

Flamander
May 4, 2009
Reading over this new information - I'm withdrawing my vote.

Either RF or Mr. F are scum, because I am definitely a chainer. Here is my reasoning. There is already a protection from humans only flip in Inf. Logically, this means that there has got to be another role that is protection from ghosts. That's my role - I imagine the reason why it's two rather than one, is because that there is an SK. Scum (the ghosts) is larger than the SK (the human) in this case by two (three if fpink was scum, which would round it out to an even four), providing a reason for the protection from ghosts to be two, instead of one.

##unvote

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Retro Futurist posted:

I kind of doubt there are false flips given how involved the flavour is, AND a janitor.

it literally says death millers in the rules

I don't have any night actions. I recruited hal and the mason doc is up, he hasn't said anything yet

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

it literally says death millers in the rules

I don't have any night actions. I recruited hal and the mason doc is up, he hasn't said anything yet

Sorry at work for a bit, give me some time.

I also have results from last night to share

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Yorkshire Tea posted:

The reason I think there's an SK is because certain players "Disappear" when they die whilst others are just killed. I only noticed this N2, but it happened again N3.

this might be significant, though, rather than the flavor which somber has repeatedly told us to ignore, but it doesn't make sense that this is why you think there is an sk. if anything, it should be that a type of kill was unique but consistent across all nights that leads you to believe there is an sk

you should believe there is an sk because there were two kills each night, and one was scum (plus ssv's vengeful kill)

Hal Incandenza posted:

Sorry at work for a bit, give me some time.

I also have results from last night to share

no worries :buddy:

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

Flamander posted:

Reading over this new information - I'm withdrawing my vote.

Either RF or Mr. F are scum, because I am definitely a chainer. Here is my reasoning. There is already a protection from humans only flip in Inf. Logically, this means that there has got to be another role that is protection from ghosts. That's my role - I imagine the reason why it's two rather than one, is because that there is an SK. Scum (the ghosts) is larger than the SK (the human) in this case by two (three if fpink was scum, which would round it out to an even four), providing a reason for the protection from ghosts to be two, instead of one.

##unvote

I don't really understand this post, but I think RF is scum so. . .

##vote RF

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

Where is everyone?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

My Internet is down and I have the flu so I'm just using my phone/crying

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

Retro Futurist posted:

My Internet is down and I have the flu so I'm just using my phone/crying

Sorry to hear about that

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
hi I'm here now but have 2 deadlines tonight and also hockey!

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

So you're going to spend all your time posting in this thread right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I am here now.

Stickup did indeed recruit me into a masonry, but I can't see any of the old convos so I can't verify anything he said about tpink and what he knew about the role.

Last night I listened to Mr F, tpink and Flamander and got NOT GHOST which probably isn't too helpful since there could be a godfather ghost or human SK.

I hope DEATH MILLERS was a joke in the OP but maybe not...

• Locked thread