Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

TMMadman posted:

Yeah, that's what I figured.

I have no interest in voting Max today or probably at all during this game. He is almost certainly just disinterested town and I hope that he becomes more engaged as the game progresses.

This is a scum post.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I think Birb is actually scum at this point. He is doing an excellent job of trying to muddy the waters.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Kashuno posted:

Moat: NIGHT ACTION MAFIA BAD DONT TRUST DOC
Moat: I am a guy who got orders from another player that turned me into a brutal cop and also I ignored the orders and did something else so yeah I'm town

hey lil homie I'm reading right now and would like to formally retract the ironicat calling your posts garbage

I read your reads and generally agree, especially wrt moat. but he seems to at least be confirming what 100yrs is saying, so he probably is a real brutal cop or trying to draw a counter claim. this is also ecco game so brutal cop is probably garbage visitor anyway, but I think that 100yrs would be better than moat today. even though 100yrs just used a day action supposedly protecting non-vanilla town, it could be a boon for anyone, and:

Pinterest Mom posted:

so, the way this is claimed to work is

100yrs sends targets into the aether
people are chosen through some unknown, unclaimed mechanism
and then the targets 100yrs chooses are not in any way binding?

why does 100yrs matter in this setup

:yeah: :agreed:

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
bird and tmm calling each other scum at the same second

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Birdstrike posted:

This is a scum post.

Sorry, but you're wrong. My post is true and correct.

It's exactly why I asked Max that weird question because I had a feeling he was just disengaged vanilla town and I remembered him mentioning in a different Ecco game that he likes to send her fun/fake actions at night when he is vanilla.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Moatillata posted:

I think 100yrs is on the level

If you look at this post in the context of my earlier tirade against 100yrs it makes sense and is consistent with Moat having a reason to believe 100's claim.

It also makes sense given what Moat claimed later.

Moat is not a good vote today, despite the rhyme.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

tpink posted:

Nah Moat's claim doesn't really make sense tho

it doesn't, but does seem to corroborate 100yrs' clam, and I'm not sure we should hang the claimed cop d2

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

TMMadman posted:

Sorry, but you're wrong. My post is true and correct.

It's exactly why I asked Max that weird question because I had a feeling he was just disengaged vanilla town and I remembered him mentioning in a different Ecco game that he likes to send her fun/fake actions at night when he is vanilla.

Actually you're trying to suck up to town or excuse a scumbro

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Birdstrike posted:

Actually you're trying to suck up to town or excuse a scumbro

Actually, I'm trying to determine who is scum through process of elimination. By figuring out that Max is actually town, I have reduced my suspect pool by one.

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Yeah, life is hilariously cruel.
Grimey Drawer
I still don't know what a Brutal Cop is.

Also if someone's lying, please say why

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
brb I will explain in 1 hr because the traffic is poo poo!!!

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Spoonsy posted:

Apparently they kill if they catch scum.

I'm fine not voting Moat on the basis of the claim. It's weird that Moritz disagrees, but they are a doc that doesn't seem to receive my suggestions.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Spoonsy posted:

A Brutal Cop is someone who automatically kills any person they investigate as scum.

So for example, if Player X was a Brutal Cop and he investigated Player Y, then he would kill Player Y if he got a scum result (I believe it would happen if Player Y was scum or framed or a miller). But if Player Y was town, then nothing would happen to him and Player X would know that Player Y had a town result because Player Y is alive.

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Yeah, life is hilariously cruel.
Grimey Drawer

TMMadman posted:

A Brutal Cop is someone who automatically kills any person they investigate as scum.

So for example, if Player X was a Brutal Cop and he investigated Player Y, then he would kill Player Y if he got a scum result (I believe it would happen if Player Y was scum or framed or a miller). But if Player Y was town, then nothing would happen to him and Player X would know that Player Y had a town result because Player Y is alive.

Thanks!

(legitimately did not know that, thank you for elaborating)

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

TMMadman posted:

Actually, I'm trying to determine who is scum through process of elimination. By figuring out that Max is actually town, I have reduced my suspect pool by one.

Nothing Max has done points to him being town so once again

Birdstrike posted:

maybe mafia isn't the game for you? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
lmao at Moritz scum slopping to try and get Moat dunked

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Who are everybody's top picks right now?

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

CCKeane posted:

tired moritz. I'm iffy on uranium phoenix and spoonsy. definitely more feels there than anyone else, except maybe 100yrs still. definitely 100yrs over moat, who definitely scum irl, but maybe not in game? unclear

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Birdstrike posted:

come on

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Birdstrike posted:

Yeah don't know about that.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
I'd vote birb at this point

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Quandary posted:

This is my experience as well. Hence why I think 100yrs is probably town he's being very loud and defensive of himself

Quandary posted:

Hello game sorry it was a busy weekend.

Let me read it looks like my options are hats or 100?

Quandary posted:

Oh I guess not really just 100. I'm around to vote on someone else if hats is literally just a lurker lynch who should I read

Quandary posted:

I'd vote 100. All the stuff early on with the vanilla claim isn't damning but I don't like how he interacted with hats and somber. Makes an easy bad case on hats and votes before switching to somber and having a slap fight, then weakly changing his mind and goes back to hats (an easy lynch). Feels like he's trying to get hats lynch because it's an easy vote but felt obligated to do some more hunting and did that with a somber case

Quandary posted:

##unvote ##vote100

Would rather this than a glorified lurker lynch. If you guys want to switch to a Moritz lynch though let's go

maybe quandary too. seems to be looking for a way to justify a vote on 100yrs even after saying he's willing to, and is after 100yrs for pushing hats, who quandary is also okay with lynching

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

I was thinking TM, especially since TM seemed to be Mithross's top pick, but the doc claim does give me pause. Is there a reason we are ignoring it?

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Why we're ignoring the doc claim? I feel that it's the thing keeping alive as it hasn't been countered. That said he hasn't corroborated my suggestion, so I feel that he might not be THAT doctor, but no one else has come forward, nor should they.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

CCKeane posted:

I was thinking TM, especially since TM seemed to be Mithross's top pick, but the doc claim does give me pause. Is there a reason we are ignoring it?

personally, the way that he claimed it. I'm very much open to leaving him alive and moving on down the list, but that, and the rest of his posting, is just so ????

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
Because the "doc" claimed to visit a confirmed non town player for absolutely no reason and is now trying to ensure the claimed cop (corroborated by at least one other player) gets dunked today.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

CCKeane posted:

Probably Quandry/Birb right now. Somber/Moat are in third/fourth now (pending any more info from Moat/TM), longshots for me would be tpink/glenda (because I still think one of those first 5 votes on 100Yrs is scum). I'd also consider pretty much any lurker except for Phoenix/KFC.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

CCKeane posted:

Quandary for sure. After that Glenda or lurkers. Maybe Max. I trust Moat for now, and I'm not sure about Moritz but I'm not opposed to voting him off. He's been weird and his claims don't really match up perfectly, though there're reasons why that may be.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Birdstrike posted:

Nothing Max has done points to him being town so once again

Sometimes you have to read between the lines.

Plus, as I said before, I think if Max was scum, then I would have been killed on N1, especially since I was going after Max at the time.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

TMMadman posted:

Sometimes you have to read between the lines.

Plus, as I said before, I think if Max was scum, then I would have been killed on N1, especially since I was going after Max at the time.

would max kill you if you're both scum?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

this is a stickup posted:

would max kill you if you're both scum?

Well that's something we don't have to worry about since I'm not scum.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i think ecco missed it but i requested to replace out a couple days ago.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

EccoRaven posted:

the deadline tomorrow is hecka floating as I will likely be on the road.

also I need a replacement for John Cena/grody/gif , PM me if you're interested.

I am sorry for being such a non-entity as a mod this game so far, but this vacation was unexpected (but far from unappreciated!). I'll be back to being my regular self day 3 and onwards.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Okay guys, I'm here to explain to you why I believe Moat is lying. Phoneposting.

1. We assume that based on yrs's claim and Moat's claim, that Moat is a vt first who got randomly selected to becomes a brutal cop.

We can assume that the same thing should happen to the doc (vt turned doc)

Isn't that a tad strange? If yrs had been killed day 1, then we wouldn't had any cops. Isn't it imbalanced to have a game where 1 person dying can entirely gently caress up a setup? I believe yrs is a boss. I don't believe Moat is vt turned cop.

2. with this new information, we now can believe that there is 2 docs/1 cop in the setup. Now imagine that you're the vt turned doc. Wouldn't you be suspicious of the goon that claimed doc d1? You know you are the doc, and now it would definitely put a different light on my claim.

And yet there's no one that's pushing hard at me. I find that questionable, as if... the vt turned doc don't exist.

3. If we assume that what Moat is saying is true, then what's the problem of lynching Moat? There doesn't seemed to be a limit on how many orders yrs can give out, what are the chances that yrs can just sit back and keep generating docs and cops?

4. Brutal cop is an ez claim. Just sit back and go "well, i visited etc and they didn't die" it's way too convenient. Now read Moat's posts remembering that he's cop. There's a lack of conviction in it.

I'm bad at mafia but 1 thing I'm good at is recognizing fake claims. I remembered the katamari game and TMM claim which just conveniently inno'd a bunch of lurkers. I said it was obviously fake and it was.

Juat think of the chances that one of all the townies, Moat the lynch leader just happened to turn to a brutal cop "randomly" and give us a result that basically means nothing since we can't even clarify if he's actually a cop.

It's a convenient claim, and definitely fake if you look closely.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
wow makes u think

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
##unvote
##vote sombrero

Uranium Phoenix
Jun 20, 2007

Boom.

Spoonsy posted:

Spoonsy isn't reading the thread, since that question was answered here. This is a scumtell because scum don't need to find the scum.

CCKeane posted:

It's possible scum are doing the thing where they murder anyone who fingers them, which is always worth keeping an eye out for.

The doc claim doesn't make sense. Almost never do you want to claim doc unless it would 1) save you from a lynch or 2) save someone you protected from a nightkill (who is therefore probably town). Neither of these were happening.

I'm in agreement that TM is probably scum. The stupider thing is that we're ignoring the confirmed not-town aligned flip, but I guess I'm the only one who seems to give a poo poo about that, and hell, they'll probably get modkilled at their current rate of posting.

Also I just read the hilarious crap that TM posted and it didn't change my mind at all. Like, he's "100% sure" Moat is lying because of his own unimaginative/illogical setup speculation? Right.

I'm now leaning town on Kash and putting cckeane in the town category unless something changes.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Considering how often people disregard what I say I have no right saying this but what?

I don't think I generate cops and docs. There's nothing in my role that describes it like that.

Uranium Phoenix
Jun 20, 2007

Boom.

Tired Moritz posted:

##unvote
##vote sombrero

Wait, you think moat is lying and you go with this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
STOP EVERYTHING I HAVE CRITICAL INFORMATION

*drives home an hour and a half, rushes to the computer, logs into the something awful forums*

WHAT IF

MOAT WAS LYING???

• Locked thread