Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Tired Moritz posted:

Ugh, I guess so. I suppose the best solution is let Moat live for one day and see if they can actually kill a scum. The vt turned doc should protect him, no?

here I present tm forgetting that he is a doctor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

I am a weak something too.

who did you visit yesterday? :O

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)

this is a stickup posted:

here I present tm forgetting that he is a doctor

Yeah like I want to waste my doc on someone I believe is scum.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Ernie. posted:

who did you visit yesterday? :O

Moat obviously lol

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

we theoretically have three cops a night.

me, whomever 100yrs empowers and now tobbs.

let's co-ordinate?

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Tired Moritz posted:

Ugh, I guess so. I suppose the best solution is let Moat live for one day and see if they can actually kill a scum. The vt turned doc should protect him, no?

? why

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Moat obviously lol

lmao, this game just got AMAZING

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
So my role is weak [something] and I don't get full results of my action. My role PM didn't say I'd die if I targeted scum, but is that implied by the weak prefix?

If it is, then Moat is 100% town.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

there's a like 80% chance the entire scum team are juggernaut godfathers right

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

So my role is weak [something] and I don't get full results of my action. My role PM didn't say I'd die if I targeted scum, but is that implied by the weak prefix?

If it is, then Moat is 100% town.

yes, moat is 100% town. as is keane. as is 100Yrs very likely. in fact, I'm going to assume that 100Yrs is probably some version of the queen.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Night mafia in an Ecco game this is stupid judge people on their actual posting instead of trying to game a mod known to fuckingg lie to players

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Do we have any reasoning to believe Tobbs? It's a bit of a jump to say Moat's 100% town.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

I thought about this but a scum brutal cop is so bizarre I'd prefer to think he's just lying about it through his teeth

But if 100Yrs turns a random vanilla into something else, even if it's just for a night, then it's possible that a scum team could have a goon that would be eligible for upgrades.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

TMMadman posted:

I'm kind of torn here.

I kind of want to crack open this 100Yrs/Moritz/Moat egg and see what shakes out, but I'm also kind of concerned about it. Like, say we vote Moat (or any of them really) and it turns out he isn't scum, I'm afraid we end up chasing one of the other two down the rabbit hole tomorrow and it just turns into a distraction.

I volunteered earlier. That still stands.

Ernie. posted:

we theoretically have three cops a night.

me, whomever 100yrs empowers and now tobbs.

let's co-ordinate?

I don't empower as far as I know. Considering both the doc and the cop ignored, I don't think I grant them powers. But sure, who do you want to cop?

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Tired Moritz posted:

Do we have any reasoning to believe Tobbs? It's a bit of a jump to say Moat's 100% town.

tobbs's role works exactly the same way mine does. i also get incomplete information with my role.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Tired Moritz posted:

just generally scum wouldn't go out of their way to clear other scum on day 2

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Ernie. posted:

yes, moat is 100% town. as is keane. as is 100Yrs very likely. in fact, I'm going to assume that 100Yrs is probably some version of the queen.

I am not.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Ernie. posted:

Well I'm super glad that he wasn't scum because I forgot weak meant you die when you target scum.

So we're just cops that die if they target scum?

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

Ernie. posted:

tobbs's role works exactly the same way mine does. i also get incomplete information with my role.

Yeah but we got no proof that tobbs is saying the truth.

Yeah, scums probably won't be propping their bro so early but still

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

100YrsofAttitude posted:

I volunteered earlier. That still stands.

I don't empower as far as I know. Considering both the doc and the cop ignored, I don't think I grant them powers. But sure, who do you want to cop?

well i don't know if we want to do lurkers or effort posters.

i feel like i should just visit wins tonight.

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Well I'm super glad that he wasn't scum because I forgot weak meant you die when you target scum.

So we're just cops that die if they target scum?

yeah. and since i know what my 'something' is, i'm kind of assuming what your 'something' is. and i think we need to combine our somethings to make sure there's no redirector or bus-driver that can kill us.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Tired Moritz posted:

:ironicat:

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Weak may not mean killed by scum here. I've seen Weak also used just to limit information.

For example, a Weak Tracker would only know if someone left at night and not where their target went or a Weak Watcher would know how many people visited their target, but not who visited.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Tired Moritz posted:

trust me, tobbs is saying the truth. the other elaborate explanation is that: Moat, myself, and tobbs are all lying. To prove CCKeane is town.

While he'd like that, we're not humongous clowns.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

TMMadman posted:

Weak may not mean killed by scum here. I've seen Weak also used just to limit information.

For example, a Weak Tracker would only know if someone left at night and not where their target went or a Weak Watcher would know how many people visited their target, but not who visited.

Although, I can't see Weak Cops being used that way, so that usually is a role that gets killed if it visits scum.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
what if this is one of those games that just breaks with a mass claim, because we're already 25% there.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Ahhh I get you. I really don't think it hurts to claim.

I'm a weak tracker, and you're a weak watcher. I saw Moat leave his house, and you saw someone unknown visit Keane.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

TMMadman posted:

i am going to be super furious if this is actually how my role works :(

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

What's so ironicat about that? Yeah, I reveal my role quickly this game. What's stopping the scum from making a claim early in game too? Maybe Moat has a super duper good role, or maybe they're just loving around.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Even if weak doesn't mean we die if we target scum, Moat's story checks out.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

You know if I don't say who I suggest to cop Moat will be forced to guess. That'd be enough to prove he's what he says he is for those in doubt.
You know who is missing?

Quandary. And I think most of us are good with that vote and have no conflicting reason to not vote them.

What do you say?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Sure is a good idea in a game with 2 kills a night to claim power roles at each other for no loving reason.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Tired Moritz posted:

What's so ironicat about that? Yeah, I reveal my role quickly this game. What's stopping the scum from making a claim early in game too? Maybe Moat has a super duper good role, or maybe they're just loving around.

we have even less reason to believe you than any of ernie, moat, 100yrs, or tobbs

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Kashuno posted:

Sure is a good idea in a game with 2 kills a night to claim power roles at each other for no loving reason.

well we have 12 doctors it's fine

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

Ernie. posted:

trust me, tobbs is saying the truth. the other elaborate explanation is that: Moat, myself, and tobbs are all lying. To prove CCKeane is town.

While he'd like that, we're not humongous clowns.

Okay, I dig it. I will retract my push.

At thia point, I just want to kill a lurker.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Ahhh I get you. I really don't think it hurts to claim.

I'm a weak tracker, and you're a weak watcher. I saw Moat leave his house, and you saw someone unknown visit Keane.

exactly. i saw only one person visit keane. so our entire 'story' can be confirmed/unconfirmed if anyone says they visited keane that's not moat.

i think i should watch you? if i die we know i was redirected. if you die, i can tell how many people visited you (theoretically just one - a bus driver or a nightkill).

now that i lay this out loud, it's stupid.

we have even less reason to believe you than any of ernie, moat, 100yrs, or tobbs

i haven't played with stickup a lot, but this just comes off as willfully obtuse ##unvote

##vote stickup

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Ernie. posted:

i haven't played with stickup a lot, but this just comes off as willfully obtuse ##unvote

##vote stickup

go ahead and expand the thought there chief

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Kashuno posted:

Well Moat was on the block. And I get almost zero information. It's only useful in wildly unlikely situations where Ernie and I check complementary targets.

Though if weak DOES mean we die when we target scum (kind of works with Moat's brutal claim) we're not great NK targets because we will kill ourselves.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Tired Moritz posted:

Okay, I dig it. I will retract my push.

At thia point, I just want to kill a lurker.

Quandary fits your profile. Vote Quandary.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

Just because people don't believe me doesn't mean I'm scum. I'm expressing genuine scepticism, nothing wrong with that in mafia.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Tired Moritz posted:

Just because people don't believe me doesn't mean I'm scum. I'm expressing genuine scepticism, nothing wrong with that in mafia.

literally all I'm saying is that their stories are corroborated by other players, while yours is not, and thus we have less proof in your case that you are telling the truth

is that clearer?

• Locked thread