Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

this is a stickup posted:

go ahead and expand the thought there chief

sure, not hard :)

there's no reason NOT to trust a claim on d2. scum don't play like this. and scum certainly don't all 'fake claim' just to protect one of their players.

but why i think you're scum is you said 'we have even less reason to'. that's too many fluffy modifier words for your opinion. it's a post intended/designed to swing opinion, not make an argument.

you and anyone may disagree, but i've been pretty successful over the years with the 'unnecessary modifiers = scum' rule in my head.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Ernie. posted:

sure, not hard :)

there's no reason NOT to trust a claim on d2. scum don't play like this. and scum certainly don't all 'fake claim' just to protect one of their players.

but why i think you're scum is you said 'we have even less reason to'. that's too many fluffy modifier words for your opinion. it's a post intended/designed to swing opinion, not make an argument.

you and anyone may disagree, but i've been pretty successful over the years with the 'unnecessary modifiers = scum' rule in my head.

it is a direct reply to tm saying there is no proof to trust tobbs when his claim has even less proof than tobbs'

I even used the same fluffy modifier words for you. they imply that if there is no proof that tobbs is telling the truth (there is - you), there is less than no proof that tm is

hope this helps!

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Well Moat was on the block. And I get almost zero information. It's only useful in wildly unlikely situations where Ernie and I check complementary targets.

Though if weak DOES mean we die when we target scum (kind of works with Moat's brutal claim) we're not great NK targets because we will kill ourselves.

ehh not exactly. killing us creates a false positive investigation.

ideally i'd be targeted by someone who allows me to see my full results tonight. that way i can see who visits you and you can 'cop' someone.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

100YrsofAttitude posted:

You know if I don't say who I suggest to cop Moat will be forced to guess. That'd be enough to prove he's what he says he is for those in doubt.
You know who is missing?

Quandary. And I think most of us are good with that vote and have no conflicting reason to not vote them.

What do you say?

I'm wondering if the person who becomes a cop/doc changes at night. It feels like your power should either affect either someone who was already a cop/doc. If it does turn a vanilla into a doc/cop, then I'd think either they would have to be only for that night or you'd be limited to only being able to create one if the other ones had died. Otherwise, I think you'd have a game with like a shitload of cops/docs and that just seems like it would quickly become unbalanced.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)

literally all I'm saying is that their stories are corroborated by other players, while yours is not, and thus we have less proof in your case that you are telling the truth

is that clearer?

At the point where I was confused, they were just going "im weak. Me too!!!"

Like come on. And a group of scum can collaborate with each other more easily so that's a moot point.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

it is a direct reply to tm saying there is no proof to trust tobbs when his claim has even less proof than tobbs'

I even used the same fluffy modifier words for you. they imply that if there is no proof that tobbs is telling the truth (there is - you), there is less than no proof that tm is

hope this helps!

i'm an idiot ##unvote

i completely misread your post, i missed the 'you'

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Tired Moritz posted:

Like come on. And a group of scum can collaborate with each other more easily so that's a moot point.

none of this is ever going to be moot in a game about determining ones sincerity based on their posts

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Tired Moritz posted:

scum wouldn't go all in on corroborating someone's story if it means that the entire scum team gets exposed once the janitor flips (or gets NKed by the second faction)

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Also guess what? I don't expect anyone to believe my claim. But that doesn't mean I'm not allowed to be sceptical to other players' claims.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
we still need like extra 8 votes to hammer get on it people

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Ernie. posted:

ehh not exactly. killing us creates a false positive investigation.

ideally i'd be targeted by someone who allows me to see my full results tonight. that way i can see who visits you and you can 'cop' someone.

Yeah it didn't post my post but claiming our targets is bad for that reason. Best to try and visit people we think are town and get more confirmations (if weak means we die visiting scum, which isn't 100%). I guess I should PM Ecco?

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

is it bad that i still want to vote wins? i know people like quandary more for scum, but wins just empty-voted keane and hasn't expressed opinions on anyone else. to me it comes off as confident play, not ... investigative play.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

Pinterest Mom posted:

scum wouldn't go all in on corroborating someone's story if it means that the entire scum team gets exposed once the janitor flips (or gets NKed by the second faction)

Yeah, I know. That's why I said I believe them.

But in a different game, in a different day, a bunch of people collaborating with each other to inno each other doesn't mean that they're town. (Katamari mafia, feb 2016, somethingawful forums)

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Ernie. posted:

is it bad that i still want to vote wins? i know people like quandary more for scum, but wins just empty-voted keane and hasn't expressed opinions on anyone else. to me it comes off as confident play, not ... investigative play.

i'll vote either

##unvote

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Pinterest Mom posted:

i'll vote either

##unvote

:same:

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Tired Moritz posted:

Also guess what? I don't expect anyone to believe my claim. But that doesn't mean I'm not allowed to be sceptical to other players' claims.

you're allowed to do whatever dumb poo poo you want, it'd true.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

Somberbrero posted:

you're allowed to do whatever dumb poo poo you want, it'd true.

Hell yeah hell yeah hell yeah (repeat 100×)

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Town calls and an empty vote, I could see wins, would switch if necessary (though my phone is dying).

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
the only reason i see not to vote glenda is that they MIGHT get modkilled but at this point that is true for a lot of people.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Somberbrero posted:

the only reason i see not to vote glenda is that they MIGHT get modkilled but at this point that is true for a lot of people.

they asked for a replacement, it'll get here.

##vote wins

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Fine for wins. it's even less to go on than if quandary dies, but it's not a bad vote.

Just say where and we can lay these down and move on with our lives.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Look I'm about to log off quandary or wins someone tell me which ##invote for the record I'm pretty sure most is scum but gently caress another day of this no info idiot jerk session

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
##unvote

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I think ##vote Quandary is the better vote.

I'd vote wins to avoid the no lynch, but it'd just be a lurker lynch for me.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
##unvote
##vote Quan

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
yeah I'm good with quandary
##unvote
##vote quandary

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

##vote quandary

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Works for me ##vote Quandary

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

##vote quandary

i feel this way less than i should to place a vote, but it's getting late enough tonight that i want to be done with this day

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Hey Ernie you need to unvote. Also looking at votefinder... is tired voting themselves?

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

ah sorry

##unvote
##vote quandary

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Wtf?

##unvote ##voteQuandary

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
I think we're at -3? Votefinder still has 24 alive but I think we have 22.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

I think we're at -3? Votefinder still has 24 alive but I think we have 22.

Uranium Phoenix
Jun 20, 2007

Boom.

why are people mass claiming, what the hell

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
I hate phone posting.

##unvote
##vote Quandary

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Tired Moritz posted:

Wtf?

##unvote ##voteQuandary

Need a space in your vote.

And it looks like at some point you voted for Quan and someone attached name to you.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

That puts us roughly at -5. I figure the people voting Moritz can shift. As should the two voting Glenda and Keane. Between those it should be doable.

Keane Max Spoonsy, if you guys are around you can do something at least to get us closer to sleep.

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Yeah, life is hilariously cruel.
Grimey Drawer
We're doing this?

##vote quandary

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Now it's -2.

• Locked thread