Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

OH NO

e: ffs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Wait, matcha is what you use to make green tea. What's the additional "Fresh Tea" part? A mix?

(Would regardless.)

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Matcha is powdered tea. I'm assuming it's that + whole loose leaf + ... cheese.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

Oh, good, leaf cheese

von Braun
Oct 30, 2009

Broder Daniel Forever
loose pre sliced cheese

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Nuevo posted:

You asked for it.

hrrrrghhhhh why

why

Xen Tricks
Nov 4, 2010
Cam anyone more versed in presumably Chinese explain what is going on there and why

Horse Clocks
Dec 14, 2004

The grandest of the fromages.

verymoldy
May 23, 2004

Xen Tricks posted:

Cam anyone more versed in presumably Chinese explain what is going on there and why

Sure, it's cheese tea.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Cheesy teas, yes please

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Xen Tricks posted:

It's cheese tea. The Chinese really doesn't explain anything interesting. The cheese is Australian if that helps.

As for why, it's China there's no point in asking.

Carnival of Shrews
Mar 27, 2013

You're not David Attenborough

Xen Tricks posted:

Being totally ignorant of Chinese, I Googled my way to enlightenment. Mercifully, I think the ''cheese" is something like cream cheese, in a thick layer on top of the tea:

http://www.thatsmags.com/shenzhen/post/15093/we-drink-it-and-so-should-you-cheese-tea

I don't think it contains literal wedges of Emmental. But apparently pairing cheese with tea, not wine, to finish a meal is the new taste sensation, so it's probably just a matter of time.

Warning: The article includes the phrase 'Cheese Whiz-root beer float'. But there's no photographic evidence, so I'm going to assume it's just a very dark joke.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

This is what happens when a culture that doesn't traditionally use cheese decides to start incorporating it as an exotic foreign ingredient in their local food, right?

*has a sushi burrito with sriracha potato chips*

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

If its like, whipped mascarpone then i might relent but anything other than a non savory cream cheese whipped until fluffy and light is just....

Good lord

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

China Starbucks was selling a cheese and lemon coffee a while back.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

I can only imagine it was a curdled mess.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Loss edits etc

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Dabir posted:

Loss edits etc

:effort:

Mr. World
May 6, 2007
Working undercover for the man . . .

:golfclap:

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

A model of a blastocyst constructed from malformed erythrocytes?

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

not too bad friend.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
https://twitter.com/trev4president/status/857787891573022720

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

:colbert: good.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Oh gently caress you I saw this like three times and only now realized what I was seeing! :mad:

:discourse:

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
Who's ready for the weekend? I am.

Ceciltron
Jan 11, 2007

Text BEEP to 43527 for the dancing robot!
Pillbug

zedprime posted:

I hear it works well as a cpu thermal paste.

Hoover Dam
Jun 17, 2003

red white and blue forever

Rigged Death Trap posted:

If its like, whipped mascarpone then i might relent but anything other than a non savory cream cheese whipped until fluffy and light is just....

Good lord

Nope, it's salty. I've had it. It's weird and it mixes into a milk tea, which I don't really like. http://www.happy-lemon.com/en/activity/product-article.php?id=23

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Ceciltron posted:

I hear it works well as a cpu thermal paste.

You really have to slather it on though

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

Grand Fromage posted:

The cheese is Australian if that helps.

It does not. :colbert:

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮

TontoCorazon posted:

You really have to slather it on though

NO! You're supposed to use a small bead, a little bigger than a pea.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

You're all wrong.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b85h_ujZ_vg

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

:allears: I love howtobasic

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

zedprime posted:

I've got one of those buckets. Begged it from the kitchen of a burger joint a few years ago and I use it as my camping food/kitchen bucket. They're sturdy as gently caress, have good handles, and the lids snap on nicely. They're square, too. I took all the labels off except the MAYONNAISE HEAVY DUTY because it makes me giggle. Well, that's my story, hope you liked it.

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn

Synthbuttrange posted:

Jelly and carbonation are not two sensations that should go together at all.

Yawgmoth posted:

Reminds me of the "champagne jello" they put out in the 90s. instead of cold water, you poured in cold carbonated water. It was weird and not good.

You take that back, it was weird and good as heck!! :colbert:

There was either a ginger ale flavor or my mom used ginger ale instead of carbonated water, but it was fantastic. Especially if you were home sick with the flu and could barely keep anything down other than jello, broth, or ginger ale.

Glorpy smooth carbonated jelly, now that sounds kind of hideous. Not sure I would enjoy.

Chef Bourgeoisie
Oct 9, 2016

by Reene
"Donuts with cheese sauce and hot Cheetos"

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

Chef Bourgeoisie posted:

Cool content and also gently caress you for thinking of that username first

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

cash crab posted:

Cool content and also gently caress you for thinking of that username first

God, its so descriptive

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Chef Bourgeoisie posted:

Well, if they're not glazed or otherwise sweetened, then maybe? Then again I assume that is American sliced cheese so maybe not.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Well, if they're not glazed or otherwise sweetened, then maybe? Then again I assume that is American sliced cheese so maybe not.
Perhaps you'd prefer a nice Wensleydale with your crushed Flamin' Hot Cheetos?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Wenslydale and spicy flavour Wotsits