Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
God Hole
Mar 2, 2016

Wafflecopper posted:

Wait, you can still practice law after doing time?

I know of a lawyer who was convicted of loving one of her clients in jail during a "consultation" and she's still practicing in my city.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

God Hole posted:

I know of a lawyer who was convicted of loving one of her clients in jail during a "consultation" and she's still practicing in my city.

No one deserves to live in the The Night Of universe.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

God Hole posted:

that should fall under client/attorney priviledge imo

Golli
Jan 5, 2013

Sounds like rape, she was abusing the power dynamic - and rape is about power not sex, right?

I thought rape was a felony.

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

Golli posted:

Sounds like rape, she was abusing the power dynamic - and rape is about power not sex, right?

I thought rape was a felony.

Without more information, we don't know what the lawyer was actually convicted of.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

California was talking about passing some kind of law outright prohibiting all lawyers from having sex with clients just a few months ago. Apparently it actually is a relatively widespread issue, or at least enough for there to be a somewhat public debate about it.

Raxivace fucked around with this message at 19:26 on Apr 29, 2017

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Raxivace posted:

California was talking about passing some kind of law outright prohibiting all lawyers from having sex with clients just a few months ago. Apparently it actually is a relatively widespread issue, or at least enough for there to be a somewhat public debate about it.

Class action lawsuits plummet in CA.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
why did i get this drat jd if i can't use it to pick up LADIESSSSS

:goonsay:

RJWaters2
Dec 16, 2011

It was not not not so great
Wonder how HHM and D&M are progressing on that Sandpiper case. I hope that residual hits Jimmy before the finale.

Necroskowitz
Jan 20, 2011

Raxivace posted:

Most states already have similar rules in place. CA is actually an exception right now in permitting the shtupping of clients.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Russel Crowe bangs his lawyer in American Gangster

Rassle
Dec 4, 2011

Rock LobsterSquat Cobbler.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I would try to bang Kim Wexler if she were my attorney.

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014

TBeats posted:

I would try to bang Kim Wexler if she were my attorney.

Well, as of this moment in the show she's banging at least one of her clients.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

I don't know about that. We haven't seem Kim and Jim really acting like a couple this season, that I can recall at least. All of their interactions have been platonic and professional. For that matter have we even seen where Jimmy lives at this point in the show? Is it still in the broom closet at the nail salon?

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Sagebrush posted:

I don't know about that. We haven't seem Kim and Jim really acting like a couple this season, that I can recall at least. All of their interactions have been platonic and professional. For that matter have we even seen where Jimmy lives at this point in the show? Is it still in the broom closet at the nail salon?

:goonsay:

They're obviously a couple, you loving goon.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:
Is that going to get her in trouble during the trial if it comes out that her and Jimmy are a thing? Or is it ethically a nonissue if they were already dating and THEN she began representing him in a trial?

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
we should probably have a sex scene with them just to be safe

CaptainCaveman
Apr 16, 2005

Always searching for North.

Secret Agent X23 posted:

So, any chance Hamlin would put some pressure on Chuck to drop the charges?

Even if he did, I don't think Chuck would listen. This sure seems to be him thinking he's finally found a way to put Jimmy in his place help his brother.

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011

CaptainCaveman posted:

Even if he did, I don't think Chuck would listen. This sure seems to be him thinking he's finally found a way to put Jimmy in his place help his brother.

Chuck really is very, very ill. He's got a severe obsessive compulsive fixation with loving over his brother.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

maskenfreiheit posted:

we should probably have a sex scene with them just to be safe

I bet Bob Odenkirk fucks

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
also how much will jimmy's residuals from the sandpiper case be, out of curiosity

GobiasIndustries posted:

I bet Bob Odenkirk fucks

AMC refuses to show his... Odenkirk-face :rimshot:

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
I wonder who voiced this commercial. Being Saul fits him like a glove.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KweD1Bxjt9w
I want a t'ird, too!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AyNqspyXtoI

Tenzarin fucked around with this message at 04:11 on Apr 30, 2017

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:

maskenfreiheit posted:

also how much will jimmy's residuals from the sandpiper case be, out of curiosity

"20% of the common fund proceeds" whatever that means, but it's a case worth tens of millions so it'll probably be a FUCKLOAD.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Tenzarin posted:

I wonder who voiced this commercial. Being Saul fits him like a glove.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KweD1Bxjt9w
I want a t'ird, too!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AyNqspyXtoI

The story of how Bob became involved with Tim & Eric is kind of funny. They sent him an unsolicited DVD of their stuff, which he apparently gets all the time and was planning on just throwing away. Except they included an itemized invoice of all the expenses incurred by creating and mailing the DVD.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

Javid posted:

"20% of the common fund proceeds" whatever that means, but it's a case worth tens of millions so it'll probably be a FUCKLOAD.

then why is he saul, why not gently caress off to thailand?

God Hole
Mar 2, 2016

maskenfreiheit posted:

Yeah if he saw any of that money by Breaking Bad, he wouldn't be operating out of a strip mall. Then again maybe he really does enjoy rolling around in the muck.

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."

maskenfreiheit posted:

I think Saul Goodman and Jim Brockmire being in the same place might rupture the fabric of spacetime and destroy us.

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014

Sagebrush posted:

Dude.

God Hole posted:

Yeah if he saw any of that money by Breaking Bad, he wouldn't be operating out of a strip mall. Then again maybe he really does enjoy rolling around in the muck.

To be fair, he obviously does enjoy that. He also has a certain image he wants to project to his clientele.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Saul was making hundreds of thousands on each of Walt's drug deals that he made $80 million on.

I don't think a lack of funds is what was keeping him in that strip mall.

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."
He also does poo poo for Gus firing from time to time, doesn't he? I don't think Gus is a stingy client

Edit: this means old gene is probably rich as gently caress. Is he really just going to poo poo himself at the cinnebon? Just flee the country.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007
Jimmy doesn't really care about the money. Remember the thing with his fancy new german car? He hated the drat thing. He'd gotten used to his lovely old car, it was what he was used to and it was what he liked driving. What Jimmy likes is being a lawyer. It's just like scamming rubes, but a little bit more legal. That's why as Saul he'd operate out of a lovely little stripmall no matter how much cash he was raking in. Cash was just something to keep score, he didn't seem to have any particular interest in living a lavish lifestyle.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

You know how Gus was untouchable to everyone aside from Walt? The sniper thing, Mike saying "Do you have any idea what you've done?' when he learned about what happened? I think it'd be pretty neat during a Gene scene to see some sort of headline or news report regarding whatever trouble that caused bubbling to the surface.

Secret Agent X23
May 11, 2005

Dave, this conversation can serve no purpose anymore.

CaptainCaveman posted:

Probably so, really. But then what does Hamlin do? Seems to me that Chuck isn't going to have to push this much further for Hamlin to see that it's probably in his best interests to distance himself from the whole thing.

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011

Secret Agent X23 posted:

Probably so, really. But then what does Hamlin do? Seems to me that Chuck isn't going to have to push this much further for Hamlin to see that it's probably in his best interests to distance himself from the whole thing.

At some point Hamlin is going to cut his losses. This has the potential to drag HHM down, and I don't think Howard is willing to throw the firm onto a pyre for Chuck's sense of moral indignation over his brother actually being successful.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Howard is funny to me because he just looks and has this demeanor like he is going to be a douchey villain, and I was waiting for him to turn into one for like 1.5 seasons, but he is probably the most well rounded, sane person on the show and generally a good guy.

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011

veni veni veni posted:

Howard is funny to me because he just looks and has this demeanor like he is going to be a douchey villain, and I was waiting for him to turn into one for like 1.5 seasons, but he is probably the most well rounded, sane person on the show and generally a good guy.

He has some sympathetic elements, and sometimes it seems like he feels that he's been pushed into being in charge of the firm by his dad and never really had a choice in life, being a boss is a role he plays (his suits are essentially a costume, look how fussy he is about them!) and a sort of mild awkwardness. When he is being a dick its always in the context of being manipulated by Chuck or lashing out because of the Chuck/Jimmy drama and who could blame him?

He doesn't seem to twist the knife or go out of his way to be evil, so I guess on the whole he's more...normal. I don't think he's extreme enough on either side to call him a hero or a villain.

Unlike Chuck. That dude is evil.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I'm sure I'm not the first person to say this, but it just occurred to me that this show is mostly about people doing what they think is right, but they are all sort of mental and each persons idea of the right thing tends to clash with another's. Obviously with the exception of Hector/Gus who are still just the same villains they were in BB. Even Mike though. I never really thought about how much of a nut he kind of is in BB but his entire driving force is doing the right thing, but he's so deep in this criminal underworld he doesn't seem to realize that everything is pretty much his own fault and he does nothing but dig himself deeper.

Also, yeah gently caress Chuck. He's my favorite person to hate on TV right now. Michaal Mckean is so great as Chuck though.

veni veni veni fucked around with this message at 18:03 on Apr 30, 2017

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!

veni veni veni posted:

Even Mike though. I never really thought about how much of a nut he kind of is in BB but his entire driving force is doing the right thing, but he's so deep in this criminal underworld he doesn't seem to realize that everything is pretty much his own fault and he does nothing but dig himself deeper.

Even Mike is doing it for the sake of supporting family, though. Most of the money he was getting was being set aside to fund a good live for his granddaughter. Even when that gets lost, his main concern is immediately trying to build it back up. That and taking care of his employees.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Yeah that's what I meant. He has all of the right intentions. His way of going about it is totally warped though.

• Locked thread