Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

super fart shooter
Feb 11, 2003

-quacka fat-
Yeah, and just at a glance it looks like each pair of yellow science packs consumes something like 230 copper

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xerophyte
Mar 17, 2008

This space intentionally left blank

Alkydere posted:

Yeah, Purple (Production) Science takes a pumpjack (5 steel), an electric furnace (10 steel) and an electric engine (another steel) so each purple beaker takes 16 steel to make. Not to mention a whole lotta other stuffs.

Each craft produces 2 purple science packs, fortunately, so half of that. 52 furnaces smelting steel is still a lot, especially at 10 iron/steel on expensive. :v:

E: FWIW, my solution to purple science was to alternate researching things that require purple packs with things that don't so that the packs could buffer. Then settle for having half-ish the purple production that I do of everything else. This let me get away with having a mere 2 steel furnace columns, fed by 4 iron furnace columns, for my entire factory. Cheap!

E2: Also, note that military and hi-tech science packs are also 2/craft, which I completely failed to notice for military so I'm massively overproducing them. Oh well...

Xerophyte fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Apr 30, 2017

FISHMANPET
Mar 3, 2007

Sweet 'N Sour
Can't
Melt
Steel Beams
Inserters will only load assemblers if they're nearly empty. They'll stop once there's enough stuff for about 2 items worth of production.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Evilreaver posted:

Alright, I've been looking around and I haven't been able to find a working calculator that suits my needs, nor can I work out the math myself due to basic stupidity, so I'll ask here to hope someone has a good calc/brain:

How many of each assembler do I need for a Rocket per Minute, assuming 4 Prod3s each and 4 Speed3 Beacons each (and 4 Prod3s in the silo of course)?
Running with .14 numbers, I think .15 messed with red circuits? I forget but these are just going to be neighborhood ratios anyway.

I don't know how the rocket animation interplay fucks with it if you need more than one silo or not but on a theoretical case for one rocket silo full of prod3s, I came up with the silo itself needs 7 beacons with Speed3s for rocket part processing to hit rocket per minute. To satisfy that silo, you need 93 each of the rocket part buildings with prods. There's rounding errors in my algebra approach because of the way production bonuses shake out so maybe call it an even 100 for spergging's sake.

Raw materials I didn't grab speeds for so fuel and structure I'll leave out, but to supply the RCUs its 34 each blue circuit and speed module assemblers. Which is like 21 green circuit assemblers and 90 red circuit assemblers.

I assume the rest shakes out from there? Never said how deep you were looking for but specifying it down to basic inputs probably takes longer than it takes to vomit blueprinted modular bits of a base out and see what fills up and what has slack.

Qubee
May 31, 2013

Zaodai posted:

The Assemblers are already making things successfully, I had just been feeding them by hand like a bum. The inserters were set up in the correct direction, and if I removed the assembler, they'd happily put stuff on the ground in the slot the Assembler previously occupied. I'll double check my recipes, I might have been putting raw materials in where a constructed component need to be, I don't fully remember.

Oh, and can I take items directly from one assembler to another? I was trying that with Iron Gears to go into my Red Science assembler and it didn't seem to like that either.

Thanks for the advice on 15.5, I'll go ahead and update that now.

Assemblers can take from another assembler :) Also, if those aren't what is causing the issue, then it may very well be the fact that assemblers can only hold a certain number of items before they stop producing. If you're automating yellow belts, as soon as the assembler has 4 yellow belts made in it's inventory, it pauses. So make sure you've got inserters dumping whatever it makes into a chest. I'm pretty sure that's what is causing your problem. You're feeding them by hand like a bum, so they've probably got enough resources to make 100's of items, but nowhere to store them. I hope that's the case.

6 hours later and I still haven't migrated my factory :( Only thing stopping me is the lack of a personal roboport. I can't bear the thought of setting everything up by hand. I wish the game had an option to at least start you off with one roboport and 20 construction bots!

Xerophyte
Mar 17, 2008

Loopoo posted:

6 hours later and I still haven't migrated my factory :( Only thing stopping me is the lack of a personal roboport. I can't bear the thought of setting everything up by hand. I wish the game had an option to at least start you off with one roboport and 20 construction bots!

The personal roboport mk1 is pretty early now, I ran around with modular armor and a solar powered one for a long while before I got production and hi-tech science sorted. Using solar power and batteries to power it was surprisingly OK; sure, it ran out of power if I did any major projects but for those I could usually just plunk down a roboport and a storage chest on demand. It also let me make use of the new night vision goggles, which are pretty nice.

The only real annoying part was laying rails which I had to do manually since having robots lay down a long line would drain my batteries. At least I could blueprint down the signals, lights and power poles afterwards, and putting down track isn't that bad since 0.14.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
Re: red chip assembly. Two changes were made for them: the time to build is now 6 seconds instead of 10(?), and the petroleum cost of making plastic is now 20 instead of 30, so although it still takes 2 bars to make a red chip it takes less raw materials to get there.

Petroleum production is so much less of a mid game hassle now that you don't need loving batteries for blue tech and oil fields are more rich than before.

Xerophyte
Mar 17, 2008

Someone made an automated shuttle train:

super fart shooter
Feb 11, 2003

-quacka fat-

Xerophyte posted:

Each craft produces 2 purple science packs, fortunately, so half of that. 52 furnaces smelting steel is still a lot, especially at 10 iron/steel on expensive. :v:

E: FWIW, my solution to purple science was to alternate researching things that require purple packs with things that don't so that the things could buffer and settle for having half-ish the purple production that I do of everything else. This let me get away with having a mere 2 steel furnace columns, fed by 4 iron furnace columns, for my entire factory. Cheap!

E2: Also, note that military and hi-tech science packs are also 2/craft, which I completely failed to notice for military so I'm massively overproducing them. Oh well...

How are you getting 52 furnaces? When I figured out I'd need 105 furnaces making steel, I already factored in that it's a 2x science pack recipe and was calculating for steel/electric furnaces. I just wanna know cause I'm usually pretty bad at doing the math for this kinda stuff and I'd love to find out that I calculated wrong

RyokoTK posted:

Re: red chip assembly. Two changes were made for them: the time to build is now 6 seconds instead of 10(?), and the petroleum cost of making plastic is now 20 instead of 30, so although it still takes 2 bars to make a red chip it takes less raw materials to get there.

Petroleum production is so much less of a mid game hassle now that you don't need loving batteries for blue tech and oil fields are more rich than before.

Also processing units are 10 seconds now, I think they used to be 15, right?

Qubee
May 31, 2013

Xerophyte posted:

That's incredible, and the fact it's a blueprint string makes it even better. I wish he explained the logic behind it though.

How difficult would it be to get this to act as a shuttle both to and from outposts?

Xerophyte
Mar 17, 2008

super fart shooter posted:

How are you getting 52 furnaces? When I figured out I'd need 105 furnaces making steel, I already factored in that it's a 2x science pack recipe and was calculating for steel/electric furnaces. I just wanna know cause I'm usually pretty bad at doing the math for this kinda stuff and I'd love to find out that I calculated wrong.

It's 16 steel per craft of 2 packs. You want 0.75 packs per second. You need to produce 16 / 2 * 0.75 = 6 steel/second.

It's 17.5 / 2 seconds per steel smelt in an steel/electric furnace. 6 * 17.5 / 2 gives 52.5 smelters to satisfy.

I think that's correct, anyhow. I could be totally off with the time to smelt.

E: Okay, I was slightly off with the time to smelt. Not sure where I got 8.77s from.

Xerophyte fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Apr 30, 2017

Scoss
Aug 17, 2015
My Nuclear reactor puts out way way way more power than I need so I have built a field of steam storage tanks to try to capture some of the excess and give me some backup power since my supply of nuclear fuel cells is very thin and sporadic.

Since the reactor burns constantly, it seems like you could potentially save fuel by not automatically feeding it up to capacity. Maybe more like feeding it a cell only once my steam reserves dip below 50%?

I don't get how circuits work at all in this game, is there a simple way to set up a circuit that can send me an alarm when a steam storage tank goes below half capacity?

Maybe there's a smarter way to conserve fuel cells?

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug

Scoss posted:

I don't get how circuits work at all in this game, is there a simple way to set up a circuit that can send me an alarm when a steam storage tank goes below half capacity?
Buffer your steam by putting tanks between the exchangers and your turbines. Attach a wire (red or green, doesn't matter) from the steam storage tank and then to the inserter that inserts nuclear fuel, then click on the inserter and set it to activate/deactivate on Any (green *) less than X amount. Use the slider/bar at the bottom not the digits. That's it. When it notices you're under that limit, it'll start shoveling fuel in. You don't have to understand combinators or do any sort of binary math wizardry. If it doesn't reach directly, you can click on intervening poles to string it along those.

Bhodi fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Apr 30, 2017

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010

Scoss posted:

My Nuclear reactor puts out way way way more power than I need so I have built a field of steam storage tanks to try to capture some of the excess and give me some backup power since my supply of nuclear fuel cells is very thin and sporadic.

The fact that the reactor burns constantly when it's fueled seems like a potential way to save fuel if I can make it not automatically load more fuel in up to the maximum it will hold. Maybe more like feeding it a cell only once my steam reserves dip below 50%?

Maybe there's a smarter way to conserve fuel cells?

The way I found is that since the heat exchanges and reactors won't connect to the circuit network, you have to connect it to the storage tank, which only outputs contents. So you'll be working with a signal of 25000 "water" in a good situation.

I have a sound emitter set to do a global alert with an annoying sound (complete with map icon) if the water signal drops below 23k.

I feel like there has to be a better way to do that, since if you are losing steam, then the reactor has cooled to below 500c and it's going to take a while to heat back up to above that (since heat pipe transmission takes time) and waste whatever fuel re-heating the reactor.

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ

Xerophyte posted:

Couldn't you make this work in both directions with only a little more effort?

Give each station a unique name, and every time you build a shuttle station tack it on to the shuttle train's route. That should allow you to get in the train at the main base and command the train to go to a specific shuttle outpost.

metasynthetic
Dec 2, 2005

in one moment, Earth

in the next, Heaven

Megamarm

Bhodi posted:

I built on your design; I have no idea if it's the most efficient but it provides way more power than i can use at present. The green circuit activates the long inserters on <2k, and I was worried about not having enough fuel but a tiny patch of uranium seems to produce enough fuel for me at present. I think buffering the steam is absolutely the way to go for nuclear.

I also wayyyyy underestimated the amount of steel and copper this would take to construct, good thing I had an entire chest full since I haven't gotten to production science packs yet.

I pulled the ratios from here https://www.reddit.com/r/factorio/comments/67xgge/nuclear_ratios/ but there wasn't enough water so I pumped it in from both sides, doubling it to 10 pumps. I also connected up all the storage from the arms so they'll auto level any minor amount.

4 Reactors
48 Heat exchangers
10 Offshore pumps
83 Steam turbines

Here's my final production design active in my real save:

Includes a control circuit (bottom right) with with indicator lights that show the current status: green is >30% steam, yellow is between 30 and 20%, and red is < 20%. Once it hits red, the arms insert 1 fuel cell apiece - which, if everything is operating correctly, will flick it back to yellow in a second or two as steam builds back up. Includes enough extra room to add belts for supply if logistics aren't available yet. Doesn't have a full complement of turbines yet, you can just add them as your needs grow since the steam will buffer and no fuel gets wasted.

Blueprint string is here if anyone wants a self-regulating 2x2 without the hassle of setup:
https://pastebin.com/YNN0S4DX

metasynthetic fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Apr 30, 2017

metasynthetic
Dec 2, 2005

in one moment, Earth

in the next, Heaven

Megamarm

DelphiAegis posted:

I feel like there has to be a better way to do that, since if you are losing steam, then the reactor has cooled to below 500c and it's going to take a while to heat back up to above that (since heat pipe transmission takes time) and waste whatever fuel re-heating the reactor.

This is not correct. Reactors are perfectly happy to idle at a steady 500 C, as long as:
1) you do not add or remove heat pipes
2) you do not add or remove heat exchangers

As long as you don't do either of these, only the initial warm up wastes fuel. They seem to equalize heat until all connected heat pipes and water (in exchangers) is up to 500C. Above that, water boils, at or below that, it's static.

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010
Fair enough. My small two reactors are powering 64 steam turbines at 2 turbines/exchanger. It has been complete and utter overkill through purple science. They idle at 900c since I guess I have never put the system under heavy strain I guess.

gently caress the 5k packs of everything to get the enrichment process...

emoji
Jun 4, 2004
I'm assuming the heat pipe bug stuff has been posted to the official forums? They'd probably have it fixed and released within a day lol

Qubee
May 31, 2013

I've really cocked up my save. Trying to migrate so early to a brand new megafactory screwed up so many things. I was building with the mind of "this is only temporary" so everything is a janky mess. I built my oil outpost next to no water, so I had to shuttle water in, which isn't too bad. But then I realized I need iron / copper plates to make sulfuric acid / batteries. I was gonna ship sulfuric acid into my base but drat my starter base can't handle that cause it doesn't have the space for a train stop. I saved and quit and will tackle this when I have more time, cause my base doesn't have the space to ship iron / copper plates out either.

I JUST WANT A PERSONAL ROBOPORT SO I CAN REALLY START WORK ON THE FUN STUFF.

Also, to everyone who is confused by logistic circuits and all that stuff, the basic stuff is really simple to set up. You only ever need combinators and the smart poo poo if you're trying to get something really accurate done, like "I want my steam engines to cut off when accumulators have enough energy stored to power the entire factory". I'm absolutely rubbish with combinators / etc, but I still use logic circuits everywhere else for simple stuff. For example, my straight pipes / underground pipes assembly, I used basic logic to pretty much force my underground pipe assembler to prioritize filling it's chest first before the straight pipe chest fills it's chest, so my inserters weren't fighting each other trying to fill up the underground pipe assembler.

Select the conveyor belt just after where my underground pipe (UP) inserter picks up straight pipe (SP). Wire up the belt to the UP chest, and set the condition so the belt only runs when there's more than 100 UP in the chest at any one time. It'll hold all the SP I make right where the inserter can pick it up.

I also use logic to prevent my belts being chock full of items when the chest reaches it's limit, so as to save resources. I just wire the chest to the inserter feeding the assembler, and tell the inserters to stop working when the chest reaches near to the chest limit. That way, they stop sucking up resources and my chests get filled perfectly with minimal amount of backlog stuffing up the belts. I've also been using it to shoot all my throughput via splitter to gear assembly lines, it works great.

Qubee fucked around with this message at 00:03 on May 1, 2017

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013
You don't really need a personal roboport for laying tracks, besides using construction bots to clear forest. The new rail-laying modes are very powerful. Remember, there's 3 of them:

- Ghost tracks: Shift-click on the end of a placed track to design a rail of (infinite?) length. This is the one you need robots for.
- Short tracks: Regular click on the end of a placed track, very similar to ghost tracks but is limited to ~12 tiles in length.
- One-piece-at-a-time: Regular click on the arrow of a placed piece of rail in the middle of the track. Will place a piece of track in the direction of the arrow. As far as I know, is not limited in length, meaning you can click here and lay track over there.

To clarify the last one:
code:
Every '=' is a single 2x2 piece of rail:
  ======
Hover over the end of one one to see arrows:
  ==>==
    ^ hovering over the right-hand end of this piece
Click on that arrow to start placing track in that direction.
It doesn't do turns at all, but if you need to just lay a straight stretch of track, it'll do it.

Qubee
May 31, 2013

I don't want the PR for rails, I've got FARL for that. It's for all the modulated parts I wanna build in my new base, it'd be an absolute bitch to lay it all out by hand. I wanted to plan it all with ghost beforehand, and then once I've made sure it all meshes nicely and will still allow space for expansion, I'd just waltz in with my PR and lay it all down way quicker than I ever could by hand.

I wanna plop stuff down as ghosts and let the robots handle it. It's an absolute pain in the rear end building belt-balancers, smelting areas and assembly lines by hand.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
You really don't need construction bots for deforestation, everyone should be automating grenades now and they demolish trees super fast.

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

Loopoo posted:

I don't want the PR for rails, I've got FARL for that. It's for all the modulated parts I wanna build in my new base, it'd be an absolute bitch to lay it all out by hand. I wanted to plan it all with ghost beforehand, and then once I've made sure it all meshes nicely and will still allow space for expansion, I'd just waltz in with my PR and lay it all down way quicker than I ever could by hand.

I wanna plop stuff down as ghosts and let the robots handle it. It's an absolute pain in the rear end building belt-balancers, smelting areas and assembly lines by hand.

Yeah, my post wasn't really aimed at you :) I actually just abandoned a save that was in basically the same position you are. Well, except I had put off developing oil refining at all, because I still think of that as "late game" when it's now much earlier. Fluid Handling is a red science! So weird.

My new save is going much better except there's no oil nearby. I've found a couple promising patches, now I have to decide how to get the oil back to base. (Fluid wagon? Fluid wagon.)

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

zedprime posted:

Running with .14 numbers, I think .15 messed with red circuits? I forget but these are just going to be neighborhood ratios anyway.

I don't know how the rocket animation interplay fucks with it if you need more than one silo or not but on a theoretical case for one rocket silo full of prod3s, I came up with the silo itself needs 7 beacons with Speed3s for rocket part processing to hit rocket per minute. To satisfy that silo, you need 93 each of the rocket part buildings with prods. There's rounding errors in my algebra approach because of the way production bonuses shake out so maybe call it an even 100 for spergging's sake.

Raw materials I didn't grab speeds for so fuel and structure I'll leave out, but to supply the RCUs its 34 each blue circuit and speed module assemblers. Which is like 21 green circuit assemblers and 90 red circuit assemblers.

I assume the rest shakes out from there? Never said how deep you were looking for but specifying it down to basic inputs probably takes longer than it takes to vomit blueprinted modular bits of a base out and see what fills up and what has slack.

RyokoTK posted:

super fart shooter posted:

Also processing units are 10 seconds now, I think they used to be 15, right?
Updating for those cuts the circuit numbers down to 23 blue circuits and 69 red circuit assemblers.

While we're talking about home made spread sheets, I originally got my recipes from some git dump from an associated git script that makes the game. If any of you lua wizards know how to make a call to text dump the recipes, I would owe you. IIRC the original source and set up of the call gave something where every entry was a line, it was in the form of an entry per line, an entry was in the form of "[input quant] [input name] [output quant] [output name]" delimited by spaces, and outputs with multiple inputs gave multiple entries. But I could work with anything that has something resembling a data structure but isn't a raw database.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

RyokoTK posted:

You really don't need construction bots for deforestation, everyone should be automating grenades now and they demolish trees super fast.

The correct answer is fire.

emoji
Jun 4, 2004
Recipes are in Lua files in <Game Folder>/data/base/prototypes/recipe and look like this which should be easily parseable:
Lua code:
data:extend(
{
  {
    type = "recipe",
    name = "long-handed-inserter",
    enabled = false,
    ingredients =
    {
      {"iron-gear-wheel", 1},
      {"iron-plate", 1},
      {"inserter", 1}
    },
    result = "long-handed-inserter",
    requester_paste_multiplier = 4
  },
  {
    type = "recipe",
    name = "fast-inserter",
    enabled = false,
    ingredients =
    {
      {"electronic-circuit", 2},
      {"iron-plate", 2},
      {"inserter", 1}
    },
    result = "fast-inserter",
    requester_paste_multiplier = 4
  },
}
)

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

Kinetica posted:

What are people's solar farm blueprint builds? I have one that's great, and allows me plop them down from the map, but doesn't allow me to clear the full area remotely. I need something a bit smaller that I can stagger without having to go down there myself and clear the area.

Mine isn't perfect either since I need to manually clear where the concrete is placed if I want to move through there, but I just love the look and simplicity of placing it that I don't care. It could use some minor redesigning since .15 changed the substation range, but with nuclear being a thing I haven't felt the need to.

It uses a 25:21 solar:accumulator ratio to place 100 solar panels and 84 accumulators on the individual setup along with roboports to facilitate building, then scales that up to 400 solar and 336 accumulators, halves the roboports and adds some space to move through. If you want radar coverage, one will cover a little more than a 2x2 block of the 400 solar blueprint.

100 Solar

400 Solar

(Also, just in case you're not aware, shift+click will let you place blueprints down and will queue trees and rocks for removal.)

Onean fucked around with this message at 01:59 on May 1, 2017

Qubee
May 31, 2013

there's a symmetrical accumulator / solar panel array that has perfect ratio balance and it looks even cleaner than what you've come up with. The gaps are a bit ehhh

it'd be nice if devs added an option to permanently delete ore patches. I hate building a base and then having a big copper ore patch under everything, especially when it's only got 300k units or something and isn't worth the time or effort mining it all out. Patches that are bigger I typically invest effort into turning into an outpost and mining away, cause they'll last ages and also output enough ore to overstock my smelters.

Qubee fucked around with this message at 01:43 on May 1, 2017

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
...do you have a link to that setup? Come on, don't just drop that and leave.

Telarra
Oct 9, 2012

Loopoo posted:

there's a symmetrical accumulator / solar panel array that has perfect ratio balance and it looks even cleaner than what you've come up with. The gaps are a bit ehhh

I'm guessing it's probably MadZuri's you're thinking of:

Sadly I don't have the blueprint string for it, 'cause I never use solar.

Qubee
May 31, 2013

Nah, not MadZuri's, I use:

It's my fav. I don't have a blueprint string for it I'm afraid. I build it by eye, but I haven't build it in my new save yet. I never use the Roboport in the middle, so I usually replace it with something else that fits the slot, either accu's or solar panels, I can't remember which. I might stick a radar in as well, if the array is far enough away that I need to get a view of the surrounding area.

Was browsing FactorioPrints and came across this beauty of a blueprint: https://factorioprints.com/view/-KYpWpPzU2MW56wDabTt

Award for laziest motherfucker goes to this guy, that's hilarious. A pocket of 27 oil wells? No worries, stamp down this blueprint of ~500 pumpjacks.

Qubee fucked around with this message at 02:41 on May 1, 2017

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

DD: Fondly regard abomination.

I guess none of these are optimal any more, though, since substations were buffed from 14x14/range 6 to 18x18/range 8.

Telarra
Oct 9, 2012

Combine that square of pumpjacks with a square of pipes so you don't have to waste time linking 'em up either.

Kinetica
Aug 16, 2011

Onean posted:

Mine isn't perfect either since I need to manually clear where the concrete is placed if I want to move through there, but I just love the look and simplicity of placing it that I don't care. It could use some minor redesigning since .15 changed the substation range, but with nuclear being a thing I haven't felt the need to.

It uses a 25:21 solar:accumulator ratio to place 100 solar panels and 84 accumulators on the individual setup along with roboports to facilitate building, then scales that up to 400 solar and 336 accumulators, halves the roboports and adds some space to move through. If you want radar coverage, one will cover a little more than a 2x2 block of the 400 solar blueprint.

100 Solar

400 Solar

(Also, just in case you're not aware, shift+click will let you place blueprints down and will queue trees and rocks for removal.)

Much appreciated. My problem was mostly with the range of the existing roboport. Does the shift click also start laying the new stuff while simultaneously so I can benefit from the new roboport range?

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
It won't immediately place the roboports, but as long as your new roboport is in construction range of another your robots will keep building.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.
I'm having trouble wrapping my head around boilers in 0.15. How many steam engines can a single boiler support? Does connecting another boiler to the liquid side of the first boiler gently caress with how much steam is made?

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
One boiler can support two steam engines. They are made to be daisy-chained lengthwise like that. One pump will supply ten boilers enough water to operate at full capacity.

e: They are meant to be daisy-chained but you will be better off spacing them out with one tile of pipe connecting them so you have a gap between rows of steam engines to put power poles.

Pi In The Sky
Dec 31, 2015

RyokoTK posted:

One pump will supply ten boilers enough water to operate at full capacity.

Double that. One offshore pump can keep 20 boilers satisfied.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dootman
Jun 15, 2000

fishbulb
MadZuri made a new solar blueprint for 0.15: http://imgur.com/vv9lxQL blueprint string included.