Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Axetrain posted:

Now that I think about it Haku has stayed reliably a very good card to have over the whole time I've been playing this game. I can't think of any point where I wasn't happy to have multiples of her in my box.

I legit hate the fact that they made Leilan in to a row-based unit. If she had 2 TPAs instead of 2 red rows Id' have probably bought ShivaDra without hesitation months ago because while I understand row-heavy teams can be good, TPA is just better overall IMO. Putting a 7c passive on a row-focused unit is bullshit, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Superschaf
May 20, 2010

Evil Fluffy posted:

I legit hate the fact that they made Leilan in to a row-based unit. If she had 2 TPAs instead of 2 red rows Id' have probably bought ShivaDra without hesitation months ago because while I understand row-heavy teams can be good, TPA is just better overall IMO. Putting a 7c passive on a row-focused unit is bullshit, too.

Revo Leilan is still very strong. A lot of leads that want 7c awakenings actually don't really care much about either row or prong awakenings (though given the choice prongs are usually better).

Nosre
Apr 16, 2002

Heroine evos today; remember they really hosed with Ilmina's awakenings on the evo version, so take a look before blindly doing her.

I looked quick at the ones I've got and I think she's the only one that might be a downgrade, C/D?

Munkaboo
Aug 5, 2002

If you know the words, you can join in too
He's bigger! faster! stronger too!
He's the newest member of the Jags O-Line crew!
drat that's lovely of gungho to have the trapfest then the heroine REM.

UchihaHirou
Mar 8, 2007

Active Skill:
Solves all problems.

Nosre posted:

Heroine evos today; remember they really hosed with Ilmina's awakenings on the evo version, so take a look before blindly doing her.

I looked quick at the ones I've got and I think she's the only one that might be a downgrade, C/D?

You can't take her into Arena with those killer awakenings. The 4 SBs make her a good button sub for farming, but the new uvo is better overall for more general teams, like a Ilm, NY Yomi, or Anubis sub; or Kenshin lead pairing.

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX
the new ilmina uevo is mostly for ranking dungeon paired with ilm

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
Alright so I did a little more reading up on Dathena teams and now I have:

Dathena/Revo Haku/Durga/Okuni/Noctis

How good/terrible is that? I read that Persephone is a good choice too but I'm not seeing why. Can someone please advise?

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX

Elephant Ambush posted:

Alright so I did a little more reading up on Dathena teams and now I have:

Dathena/Revo Haku/Durga/Okuni/Noctis

How good/terrible is that? I read that Persephone is a good choice too but I'm not seeing why. Can someone please advise?

pretty terrible

leaders don't have orb change skills so you need at least 3 fast orb changers for it to not feel lovely, unless you're running REALLY easy stuff i guess

i would replace at least okuni with z8 if you have nothing better, he can haste your other orb changers and sustain dark orbs a bit

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Zo posted:

pretty terrible

leaders don't have orb change skills so you need at least 3 fast orb changers for it to not feel lovely, unless you're running REALLY easy stuff i guess

i would replace at least okuni with z8 if you have nothing better, he can haste your other orb changers and sustain dark orbs a bit

Well my only double SBR options are Durga and Awoken Loki and Durga's awakenings seem way better. Noctis can make a prong and help me get to 7 combos to help Haku plus he gives me 3 fingers.

What are some other orb change options? My z8 isn't max skilled but I have multiple Persephone versions as well as Eschamali.

I also have more Hakus. Should I just go ham on those?

Nosre
Apr 16, 2002

UchihaHirou posted:

You can't take her into Arena with those killer awakenings. The 4 SBs make her a good button sub for farming, but the new uvo is better overall for more general teams, like a Ilm, NY Yomi, or Anubis sub; or Kenshin lead pairing.

Zo posted:

the new ilmina uevo is mostly for ranking dungeon paired with ilm

Ok cool, figured there were cases like that. Just wanted to alert people that it's not strictly an upgrade in all cases :)

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Buddy what the poo poo are you doing. Hakus x3 and Loki is like the A3 team (if you have the inherits for it). Yeah go all in on those Hakus.

TheQuietWilds
Sep 8, 2009

Elephant Ambush posted:

Well my only double SBR options are Durga and Awoken Loki and Durga's awakenings seem way better. Noctis can make a prong and help me get to 7 combos to help Haku plus he gives me 3 fingers.

What are some other orb change options? My z8 isn't max skilled but I have multiple Persephone versions as well as Eschamali.

I also have more Hakus. Should I just go ham on those?

"I've got multiple rHakus and Loki but I can't figure out a good DAthena team" is pretty much saying "I didn't bother either thinking about this, reading the thread or looking at the multiple team-building guides floating around Reddit or PAD-Blogs."

rHaku/rHaku/rLoki/Flex is the base of the cookie-cutter "optimal" team. In solo, you need at least one double-SDR card to make up for the lack of SDR on the lead: Durga>Okuni>Castor if you don't have Loki. For the rest of the subs, various options exist if you don't have Haku but none of them are nearly as universally good - either their stats/awakenings cause some kind of problem or their active is not useful (or in the case of Satsuki, actively detrimental). Double Phys Killer on Leads, one Dragon Killer latent on each Haku. Mix/Match dark/wood resists to hit A3 thresholds (tanking big hits with Indra up mostly) and then fill the rest of the spots with SDRs. Dragon killers will cause all your Hakus and your leads to do roughly similar damage on a <7 combo against a dragon-type enemy, optimizing your damage against Radar Dragons. Phys killers allow you to punch through Awoken MeiMei's high defense easily, as well as helping considerably against Ilsix.

For A3: Flex is 3rd Haku. Lead inherits Fujin/Orochi. AOrochi is fine, although non-awoken or Zeta Hydra is marginally better. Don't get stressed if you already reincarnated your Orochi, it's less difference than putting a 6th slot on your lead for a second SDR. Other inherits: Lumiel/Indra/Typhon, Anaphon or Ryune on Hakus, Gemstone on Loki if you have it. You don't want things with killer awakenings (other than Phys/Healer really, and almost nothing comes with those) because of the potential for them to gently caress up Sopdet/Parvati/Vishnu/HeraDra - You can only use Fujin once per dungeon, and the other three are much less dangerous and can be delayed with Orochi as needed, so Fujin should be saved for HeraDra.

For other difficult dungeons with no absorb shields: Use a friend with something other than Fujin inherit (full board or gemstone). Flex in Noctis or Tsukuyomi for combo support if needed, Haku or something with on-type killers if you don't. rPersephone(Eschamali) is also a good flex, since she has prongs, high attack, and both actives create a hard punch and a skyfall bonus that can overwrite annoying 99-turn skyfall buffs to off-colors.

TheQuietWilds fucked around with this message at 14:45 on May 2, 2017

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX

Nosre posted:

Ok cool, figured there were cases like that. Just wanted to alert people that it's not strictly an upgrade in all cases :)

that's because it's a split ult, and most split ults are tradeoffs like this

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
Thanks!

I've been away from the game for several months which is why I'm not on top of all this.

I'll throw everything into my Hakus and see what I can clear.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Munkaboo posted:

drat that's lovely of gungho to have the trapfest then the heroine REM.

Plus a God Carnival starting this Friday with "increased rates" for all of the pantheon Gods. (And also Robin Hood for some reason.)

Oh, and there's probably going to be a PCGF around the end of the month.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

Kuros posted:

You can ALB it with a friend. The build isn't super hard.
Checked the 'Zeus Dragon ALB' and yeah wow. Can't get it today obviously but I'll have it up for next time at least. :)

Munkaboo
Aug 5, 2002

TheQuietWilds posted:

so Fujin should be saved for HeraDra.

Couldnt you just pair with another Dathena with Fujin (assuming you also have Fujin)?

I tried A3 out today with a rando and I flubbed a poison skyfall and died, so I didnt have a chance to get to Noah/Heradra.

TheQuietWilds
Sep 8, 2009

Munkaboo posted:

Couldnt you just pair with another Dathena with Fujin (assuming you also have Fujin)?

I tried A3 out today with a rando and I flubbed a poison skyfall and died, so I didnt have a chance to get to Noah/Heradra.

You could, but 1) Fujin is rare enough at this point that the people who have her are mega whales or super lucky, 2) if you have a Fujin BFF for soloing you can use your Fujin more optimally on a different lead* and 3) the Orochi is probably more generally useful since Sopdet is stupidly easy with DAthena (make one dark non-prong combo, don't match blue, don't combo too hard) and Vishnu/Parvati are not too hard if they're delayed. If you don't get any of them, you can pop it on whatever you get for the Beelz floor and stall a few turns to make sure your full boards and shield are up for Radar/Kali floors.

*BFF me for hyper DAthena(Fujin) with double Phys Killer, she'll have 6-slot expansion and double SDR once we get SDR invades back or I am available during predra dungeon

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Just soloed C10 (regular one) with DAthena and I think against Kali I managed to kill her 6 times over with a silly half locked Ryune board and Facet. :stare:

How's everyone doing C10 no awoken skills? Myr, I'm guessing? Unless you get heart starved you can pretty much stall forever around the first 3 floors and you can tank everything except World's End.

isndl
May 2, 2012
I WON A CONTEST IN TG AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS CUSTOM TITLE

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Just soloed C10 (regular one) with DAthena and I think against Kali I managed to kill her 6 times over with a silly half locked Ryune board and Facet. :stare:

How's everyone doing C10 no awoken skills? Myr, I'm guessing? Unless you get heart starved you can pretty much stall forever around the first 3 floors and you can tank everything except World's End.

There's a strat where you coop Myr, both sides bring gravs and Trails, you slog your way towards the second to last floor where you stall until all skills are up to unload everything and kill with skills only. :staredog:

UchihaHirou
Mar 8, 2007

Active Skill:
Solves all problems.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I used Aizen. Stalled a little on each floor that I could. Stored Dark orbs as needed before going for the kill. Definitely 1-shot Michael. I didn't realize he had 120 HP as opposed to his normal 20ish HP, so died once to it. His leader bind means it's game over if he gets it off on you. I brought Claire as a short CD Dark Orb maker for Michael's floor.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

this is how I solo'd C10 because I didn't really want to try. 25% rcv badge. Phoenix took forever
Myr (Zeta Hydra) / Paimon (Saria) / Re Venus (Lakechi) / Re Ra / Zera / Myr (A Thor)

Also this was a good way to spend my morning commute:

Zoness fucked around with this message at 15:48 on May 2, 2017

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD
What's the resolve strategy for the C11? I don't have anything that can punch through so I'm going to have to cheese.

Also, I don't have any Trailo, so am I screwed?

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

SweetJahasus posted:

What's the resolve strategy for the C11? I don't have anything that can punch through so I'm going to have to cheese.

Also, I don't have any Trailo, so am I screwed?

you can use 3 zeras (.55 * .55 * .55 = .166375) and a friend ammy or ogre with trailo inherit

you use ammy or odindra with an ogre to heal up between hits and 1c or 0c for 999 turns.

Munkaboo
Aug 5, 2002

I am assuming you can just Dathena/Fujin C11?

TheQuietWilds posted:

You could, but 1) Fujin is rare enough at this point that the people who have her are mega whales or super lucky, 2) if you have a Fujin BFF for soloing you can use your Fujin more optimally on a different lead* and 3) the Orochi is probably more generally useful since Sopdet is stupidly easy with DAthena (make one dark non-prong combo, don't match blue, don't combo too hard) and Vishnu/Parvati are not too hard if they're delayed. If you don't get any of them, you can pop it on whatever you get for the Beelz floor and stall a few turns to make sure your full boards and shield are up for Radar/Kali floors.

*BFF me for hyper DAthena(Fujin) with double Phys Killer, she'll have 6-slot expansion and double SDR once we get SDR invades back or I am available during predra dungeon

I'm in the super lucky boat. Took me a year to get 750k MP. I havent spent any $$$ in like 2 years and I only pull about 2-3 times each godfest, unless I am well prepared and it's a PCGF.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Munkaboo posted:

I am assuming you can just Dathena/Fujin C11?

No you cannot as Mega Satan has a damage void rather than a damage absorb.

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD

Zoness posted:

you can use 3 zeras (.55 * .55 * .55 = .166375) and a friend ammy or ogre with trailo inherit

you use ammy or odindra with an ogre to heal up between hits and 1c or 0c for 999 turns.

Hmm, I'd have to get him to a threshold first though because doesn't he void > 100M? That usually includes gravities and 45% of 600M is 270M. I'd have to get him super low with plinking before any gravities. I guess I could just fit in some low percentage gravity guy in the final slot to plink with.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

You stall out the void. All 999 turns.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

SweetJahasus posted:

Hmm, I'd have to get him to a threshold first though because doesn't he void > 100M? That usually includes gravities and 45% of 600M is 270M. I'd have to get him super low with plinking before any gravities. I guess I could just fit in some low percentage gravity guy in the final slot to plink with.

yeah look at my picture thats after 999 turns of stalling

Permotriassic
May 29, 2007

Feed me and tell me I'm pretty
Hey, so I'm a terrible player that happened to luck into an Ilmina, is the 7+combo Awakening worth losing the killer awakenings? It does seem like it would be easy to activate with her active...

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

You stall out the void. All 999 turns.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugWoMrpP-qs

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

This stupid game is pretty cool sometimes.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Pro as heck click right there

The Hebug
May 24, 2004
I am a bug...

Permotriassic posted:

Hey, so I'm a terrible player that happened to luck into an Ilmina, is the 7+combo Awakening worth losing the killer awakenings? It does seem like it would be easy to activate with her active...

I'm having a hard time deciding whether it's worth losing the two skill boost awakenings for my push button team (it's not). I mean I guess the leader skill is better, but am I really going to ever run an Ilmina team in the age of D.Athena?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

10 no awakening cleared in the first try:

Saria on my Myr, LAkechi on friend (thanks, Dirk!). Awoken Thor on Ra. Stalled for Zeus on Phoenix and got him close to 50%, popped Thor and Apoc to kill the bird then gravity, saria & akechi for an easy combo board.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Heyo, I need a Zeus Dragon. Someone run it with me w/ Dark Athena.

Room's ID is Dark 7270 7392

e: Whoever you are Lokidog I apologize for how poo poo that was lmao

Paul Zuvella fucked around with this message at 19:29 on May 2, 2017

Battle Pigeon
Nov 7, 2011

I am dancing potato
give me millet

The Hebug posted:

I'm having a hard time deciding whether it's worth losing the two skill boost awakenings for my push button team (it's not). I mean I guess the leader skill is better, but am I really going to ever run an Ilmina team in the age of D.Athena?

I'm keeping Ilmina as is-for push button teams, and because I've never really used her as a leader, but as a nice sub on AMinerva/Ilm teams

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

The amount of progress I've made in pad the past two days is pretty unreal.

I just need the golems and a Bunch of Zeus for my Ra Dragon and have a nearly full ready Revo Kushi team for when she arrives.

I'm gonna be going from running Krishna and Ronove for everything to Dathena/RaDragon/RevoKushi lmao

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

DaveWoo posted:

Plus a God Carnival starting this Friday with "increased rates" for all of the pantheon Gods. (And also Robin Hood for some reason.)

Oh, and there's probably going to be a PCGF around the end of the month.

well if I wasn't regretting rolling that godfest before, I sure am now

guess I can get more challenge stones from the tech dungeons...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.

Pierson posted:

Checked the 'Zeus Dragon ALB' and yeah wow. Can't get it today obviously but I'll have it up for next time at least. :)

The only catch I noticed is if you get unlucky skyfalls, your Dios can go over 20mil damage and you just have to quit and restart.

Fujin or a sub with skill boosts and Fujin would be ideal on P1.