Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

May need to stop playing MK8 tonight and get back on the IW wagon to try out the new poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
I really wish Activision would cut the crap and just make old CoD games' map packs free, or at least really discounted. Advanced Warfare's DLC maps were mostly great and I only got to play them a handful of times.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Opened the earlier epic hack we had from the first contract:
- Erad - Cyclopean. gently caress yeah mini steel dragon gimmick time
Had 400 keys laying around so I bought the triple play:
- Erad - Cerberus from one of the 10 boxes.
- VPR - Yokai MK 2 from the hack :getin:

Yeah, I'm definitely playing tonight.

marathon Stairmaster sesh
Apr 28, 2009

ALL HAIL CEO NUGGET
1988-PRESENT

Hello System Hack from Blops 2, I missed you even if you're in counter UAV legendary form this game. :allears:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I'm looking forward to COD's yearly schedule no longer being profitable and so Activision releases one Call of Duty every few years maybe but supports that CoD heavily with free DLC and reasonable microtransactions (lmao fat chance of this happening).

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I said come in! posted:

I'm looking forward to COD's yearly schedule no longer being profitable and so Activision releases one Call of Duty every few years maybe but supports that CoD heavily with free DLC and reasonable microtransactions (lmao fat chance of this happening).

Honestly all they need to do is just alternate between two well supported games. One past/modern and one advanced/future. Go all in on supplies / cosmetics (actual cosmetics, not this calling cards are camps now poo poo) and make the maps free. If you want to be dicks about it, make it so season pass holders get them a month ahead before being added into everyone's rotation. then do season pass only skins and poo poo to still sell that to idiots like me. The "third" developers should be a dedicated "COD Experience" group that handles the basics/essentials. Servers, UI, leaderboards, web and apps (I miss MW3's app so much), pro/esports casting, and basically everything that isn't the game but should be in every fucknig call of duty and it should be improved upon every year instead of having 3 developers attempting to do what's been done over and over and over again.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I like how you think. I want CoD to just be one game that is supported long term and is multiplayer only. Single player COD hasn't been fun in a long time.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Hello who would like to play this now good game.

Diabetes Forecast
Aug 13, 2008

Droopy Only
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WdXoLgU7U30

New guns are pretty cool

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

It's 2017, I have 160 down, why in the gently caress is it going to take 20 minutes to download and install an update to this dumb game?

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Lazyfire posted:

It's 2017, I have 160 down, why in the gently caress is it going to take 20 minutes to download and install an update to this dumb game?

That's its way of telling you not to play.

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

Bumper Stickup posted:

That's its way of telling you not to play.

It's incredibly effective. I just realized what time it is and I have maybe one game in me. Goddamnit.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I don't usually upload videos but I just had to share this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOrDOUOZyN4

There's two highpoint to the video:
1. My amazing flawless pro start (30 seconds in)
2. My life that begins at 2:54. Seriously, just look at the quality of cubbies that currently populate Infinite Warfare.

This is what you're missing. Oh and also the Bomber if you don't have it. I took me a couple more matches to get the hang of the recoil again.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Lazyfire posted:

Because the PS4 has to verify the entire game first. It only uses a small part of your internet speed, anyway. PSN's servers are slow as gently caress, too.

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I don't usually upload videos but I just had to share this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOrDOUOZyN4

There's two highpoint to the video:
1. My amazing flawless pro start (30 seconds in)
2. My life that begins at 2:54. Seriously, just look at the quality of cubbies that currently populate Infinite Warfare.

This is what you're missing. Oh and also the Bomber if you don't have it. I took me a couple more matches to get the hang of the recoil again.

but I can play against potatos in BO3 and I don't have to use or play against that broken robot???

A lot of people are gonna buy Dad CoD and be kinda disappointed.

https://twitter.com/charlieINTEL/status/859134783720497156

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

Mill Village posted:

Because the PS4 has to verify the entire game first. It only uses a small part of your internet speed, anyway. PSN's servers are slow as gently caress, too.

This is all insane. I thought it was because of my various port settings that I had to configure to get an open NAT on the PS4 and PC at the same time. poo poo's bad.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
Now I have a 32" monitor.

Ho. Ho. Ho.

(Holy poo poo, it arrived fast. I ordered it from the States 1:00am Monday, and it was here at noon today.)

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Cool are you going to use that to browse the forums while you use a bigger, better television to play COD?

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Input lag takes priority over screen size.

I love my 51" plasma, but it just isn't as responsive as my old VH236H.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Lazyfire posted:

This is all insane. I thought it was because of my various port settings that I had to configure to get an open NAT on the PS4 and PC at the same time. poo poo's bad.

You would think the money from PS+ would fix that but Sony doesn't seem to care.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Apparently Zombies is getting remasters. And they're prob gonna use the Blops 3 weapons/gums/fairy dust too.

Not only is the appeal lost upon me, but also it's probably gonna be outside of the Season Pass coverage.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

widespread posted:

Apparently Zombies is getting remasters. And they're prob gonna use the Blops 3 weapons/gums/fairy dust too.

Not only is the appeal lost upon me, but also it's probably gonna be outside of the Season Pass coverage.

There were other good maps in blops 2 zombies! :argh: Still gonna get this because drat that sounds great.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Bumper Stickup posted:

There were other good maps in blops 2 zombies! :argh: Still gonna get this because drat that sounds great.

But yeah, should be alright. Some youtuber got one of the Zombie guys tomorrow so.

Meanwhile, I'm just contemplating key usage in space cod.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Do it. Then join up and play with me. Actually everyone get online lets play space shootymans.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

In the home stretch. About another hour.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

So uh... remember when I said apparently DLC 5 is a thing? Well...

It's real.

May 16th for PS4 users. Livestream Monday about it, prob gonna be $15-$30 with no Season Pass benefits.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

I just deleted MWR a few weeks ago and Prop Hunt got added to the game as an official game mode. I'm downloading it again. :negative:

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

It was a weekend-only mode, unfortunately. A lot of fun, though

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

That and the Michael Myers weekend they did should be a permanent playlist.

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

Flankensttein: A name given to a FPS gamer who constantly flanks to get kills.

"So I was playing COD yesterday, and some flankenstein came up from behind and shot me."
Will there be more anti IW shootin parties later on tonight?

jase1 fucked around with this message at 00:41 on May 7, 2017

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I'm going to make a Pro IW party right now gently caress y'all.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Consistency.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

I had a 23-1 game but I can't post the screenshot because the PS4 OS is still poo poo on the PS4 Pro.

I also tried to play MWR and my PS4 crashed when I put the IW disc in. :bravo:

Manxome Foe
Apr 6, 2005

Beware the Jabberwock, my son! The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!

What was flank doing that match? Taking a poo poo?

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

Flankensttein: A name given to a FPS gamer who constantly flanks to get kills.

"So I was playing COD yesterday, and some flankenstein came up from behind and shot me."
Sniping terribly or drunk or falling asleep. Its usually one of those 3 or a combo of 2. Im a really terrible player most of the time unless im using a shotgun.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

You should only be using a shotgun in BLOPS3 as it has no good guns with the exception of the BRM.

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

You ever do the chicken dance at a wake? That really bothers people.
I'm liking the Garand so far. Pulled it out of a rando box last thing before heading to bed.

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

Its still the best crate gun IMO.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

:agreed:

Despite a maximum twelve round capacity, it's still the best gun I've ever seen at getting triple kills.

And stupidly accurate. I think my accuracy is around 35% in spite of mag dumping whenever I'm at six rounds or less.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae
I think the M16 is better.

• Locked thread