Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

Reene
Aug 26, 2005

:justpost:

no no no nO NO

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D.Ork Bimboolean
Aug 26, 2016

Reene posted:

no no no nO NO

I like where this is going

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
the Heretic's Court aint in such great shape these days either, from the look of things

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Ahahahahaha

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

I feel like some kind of game changing event that shakes up the entire throne is about to happen.

Alison is gonna do something stupid like decide she wants to talk to Himself.

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

blade of want + himself's prison = good times

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Alison's crown doesn't come from confidence, it comes from resolve. Fake confidence doesn't give you resolve, it undermines it. And what little she still has is getting chipped away bit by bit.

Pureauthor posted:

A Series of Increasingly Bad Decisions

ConanTheLibrarian
Aug 13, 2004

dis buch is late
Fallen Rib

Ashcans posted:

This is fine, Alison does her best work when she is way over her head and losing it.

So far. For the sake of drama, that pattern will have to be interrupted at some point.

Poltergrift
Feb 16, 2014

"When I grow up, I'm gonna be a proper swordsman. One with clothes."

PMush Perfect posted:

Alison's crown doesn't come from confidence, it comes from resolve. Fake confidence doesn't give you resolve, it undermines it. And what little she still has is getting chipped away bit by bit.

Yeah, that's one of the main points of Meti's Sword Manual, as far as I can tell -- confidence cares about winning and erodes if it faces difficulties it can't overcome easily, where resolve doesn't care about winning or losing, just Doing as hard as possible. The weak swordsman clings to victory, and becomes attached to reputation and beauty and their sword; the good swordsman wants only to make each Cut as Platonically perfect an expression of their Will as possible.

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

https://twitter.com/Orbitaldropkick/status/858808713351544832

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Hmm, there are a lot less hole-faced muties in this comic than advertised.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

I just noticed that Zoss has the White Rabbit's time piece.

He's also made "late" in like the third panel he appears.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

SniperWoreConverse posted:

Hmm, there are a lot less hole-faced muties in this comic than advertised.

Also, there's only been one demon killed so far. Unless the pace is picked up, this is going to take forever!

Poltergrift
Feb 16, 2014

"When I grow up, I'm gonna be a proper swordsman. One with clothes."

Say Nothing posted:

Also, there's only been one demon killed so far. Unless the pace is picked up, this is going to take forever!

Might have to revise that number soon!

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Even if she killed on average even one a second, starting now, we'd finally get done in about 190 years + change. That's cramming basically the entire background of every panel with tens of thousands of freshly dead demons.

Talk about a long running series

E: ffuu

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Can you kill a devil by cracking its mask and drinking the substance behind it? That seems like a possible thing for some reason

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Well, no mouth-nipples, but we did get eye-nipples.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
What's the odds on Allison trying to cut through this situation? I'm thinking pretty good. 50/50 minimum.

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

Boy howdy I hope so.

Cryophage
Jan 14, 2012

what the hell is that creepy cartoon thing in your avatar?

What's the odds on Allison trying to cut through this situation? I'm thinking pretty good. 50/50 minimum.

That last one's giving me serious Dark Souls flashbacks.

Reene
Aug 26, 2005

:justpost:

PMush Perfect posted:

Well, no mouth-nipples, but we did get eye-nipples.

Discord posted:

[7:44 PM] OrbitalDropKick: I have answered your important question about nipples
[7:44 PM] OrbitalDropKick: you solved my nipple puzzle

:negative:

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Wonder why eyeballs didn't have a red symbol over his head. Everyone else up there has one.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
According to the alt-text he's a higher class of Devil than the others sitting on the pillars so he doesn't need to project a halo as a symbol of authority.

So is Allison gonna step up here (and make another horrible decision) and is she going to cower?

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
so is there some deep-cut lore that explains why none of these brosephs have masks?

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges

paranoid randroid posted:

so is there some deep-cut lore that explains why none of these brosephs have masks?

they do but it looks like ebon masks are usually the same color as their body and come in an even more diverse number of forms than most types

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Eyeballs is about to get blue..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGp9P6QvMjY

M. Propagandalf
Aug 9, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Huh, so you can be blue-masked demon, and still be powerful enough to be part of the inner court. I naturally assumed it would be an ebon/gold exclusive club.

Truly, Eyeballs is a pioneer in showing what one can achieve in spite of your demon caste.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I don't think Eyes is a blue devil. That form reminds me of the pale ones, really, but obviously that's the wrong color. A weird ebon, maybe?

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Roland Jones posted:

I don't think Eyes is a blue devil. That form reminds me of the pale ones, really, but obviously that's the wrong color. A weird ebon, maybe?

He's about to be black eyes when Allison steps up.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

These are all Ebon devils on the Heretic's Court. We've seen all of 2 Ebons before this, and they're much more varied than other devils. With only one name holding them down, they can look like almost anything.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

What they're saying is, Eyeballs isn't a blue devil yet.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Can you kill a devil by cracking its mask and drinking the substance behind it? That seems like a possible thing for some reason

I suspect that would probably kill you. The black flame is insatiable.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.
What's interesting is that they don't look like ebon devils. One looks like a human wearing a thorn angel's armor, another looks like a fallen angel, and yet another looks like a hosed up Servant.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
I'm guessing but when you are an Ebon devil who subsists on human meat you can look like whatever the gently caress you want

Honestly, the higher a devil gets the less "bound" it seems to be and closer to what they look when unbound - evil angels.

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
gay bug elf

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

DarkCrawler posted:

I'm guessing but when you are an Ebon devil who subsists on human meat you can look like whatever the gently caress you want

p much, the whole devil heirarchy's never been all that rigid and clear-cut in practice in the comic, and it makes sense that these guys would ignore what loose rules there are for the lesser devils

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Tenebrais posted:

I suspect that would probably kill you. The black flame is insatiable.

if ur bad enough of an rear end it could be done. i'm convinced of it. Gotta be thirstier than hunger.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
nobody is thirstier than Cio tho

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
Allison can out drink them all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Allison should probably obliterate eyes guy from existence, to show she doesn't tolerate rudeness to her staff.