Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

Keldroc posted:

After being introduced in the series he mostly functioned as a bus for the other characters to get to and from plot points, which is basically all Astrotrain ever did after "Triple Takeover," too. One presumes Jetfire, being a scientist, knows the difference between weight and mass, though.
Ah, having rewatched it not all that long ago this seems like one of those "character always did that wacky thing!" G1 memories that everyone has which is also pretty much just one episode watched over and over again as a kid. Like in my brain growing up the Dinobots wrecked Teletran I every other week, so I can see how it went from Jetfire ferrying other dudes to the action in one or two episodes all the way to "Jetfire is skybus" easily.

Also, ye know, Transformers fans.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.
The other Jetfire cliche in the fandom is how fragile he is, but I don't remember Astrotrain being particularly easy to shoot down, so I figured that wasn't the reference in this case.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
If you never managed to get one, CW Skylynx is rather reasonable on Amazon UK right now (and with free shipping): https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B017KIQRQU

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Gammatron 64 posted:

But, there is a secret, easy way to transform him. What you do, is you take MP Megatron, move him conveniently out of the field of view, then put one of those little Megatron guns that come with other MP toys in someone's hand. Presto! Then, to change him back, just put the little gun in a ziplock bag, then place Megatron back on the shelf. Easy!

Seems legit.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
I like Astrotrain because he's a space shuttle and a steam locomotive, which are both very cool in my book.

I like Springer, but he might as well be a single-changer, because he's a helicopter, and then sometimes a car that looks a lot like his helicopter. He's more like Tracks and Perceptor who kinda sorta have a third mode slapped on but aren't considered triple changers because their extra mode is so lazy and is just kind of a bonus.

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

The_Doctor posted:

If you never managed to get one, CW Skylynx is rather reasonable on Amazon UK right now (and with free shipping): https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B017KIQRQU

Thank you for bringing this to my attention.
I wanted one but got back into TFs quite recently so missed retail availability.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.
How the hell is TLK Barricade even a $15 transformer in the year 2017? I thought deluxes this nice were a thing of the past! Like even the recently good ones haven't felt this nice in hand.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

This figure really fills the police brutality vibe that I was missing among my toy hoard

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Why cookie Rocket posted:

How the hell is TLK Barricade even a $15 transformer in the year 2017? I thought deluxes this nice were a thing of the past! Like even the recently good ones haven't felt this nice in hand.
Because it's not a $15 transformer. There was a five dollar price hike.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Spiderdrake posted:

Because it's not a $15 transformer. There was a five dollar price hike.

I'm visiting Texas this week and picked it up for $15.29 at Walmart. Does it usually retail for 20? That's...less great.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
It's been spotted around here fir 27 and 28 euro :negative:

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

I'm visiting Texas this week and picked it up for $15.29 at Walmart. Does it usually retail for 20? That's...less great.
Yeah I saw them on sale the first time I saw them too, but yes, MSRP is 19.99 USD

29.99 CDN, which is currently about $22 USD as well.

Good to hear they're solid, though, feel more confident in getting the voyager Megs at least.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

If you are wondering how TLK voyager Hound can have Red Cross logos all over it but not MP Ratchet, wonder no more: https://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/changes-to-transformers-the-last-knight-voyager-hound-deco-due-to-red-cross-issues/38000/

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Spiderdrake posted:

Yeah I saw them on sale the first time I saw them too, but yes, MSRP is 19.99 USD

29.99 CDN, which is currently about $22 USD as well.

Good to hear they're solid, though, feel more confident in getting the voyager Megs at least.

The Backpack is muck like The Struggle in that it is real. But it's a good solid deluxe of the 2010-ish feel. I'd rather pay $20 for deluxes like this than $15 for warmed-over "pretty good considering how cheap everything has gotten" deluxes like we've been getting.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Except we haven't been getting that for a while now. TR has been uniformly good-to-excellent in the Deluxe class.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Keldroc posted:

Except we haven't been getting that for a while now. TR has been uniformly good-to-excellent in the Deluxe class.

Disagree. There's a lot of great deluxes in the TR line, but there's some serious missteps as well. And there's good but then again there's wrist swivels and higher-quality plastic good.

Like I have no great personal love for RTS Jazz but I'm not stupid, he's a high water mark for deluxes and Barricade reminds me of that level of quality. I'm over the moon about getting a great Topspin from the TR line and enjoy him quite a bit but he's not even in the same league as RTS Jazz or Barricade because he just doesn't have the same number of moving pieces and the plastic isn't hand-candy in that same way.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Skullsmasher and Twinferno suck hard balls. Every other deluxe is good to great.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Disagree. There's a lot of great deluxes in the TR line, but there's some serious missteps as well. And there's good but then again there's wrist swivels and higher-quality plastic good.

Like I have no great personal love for RTS Jazz but I'm not stupid, he's a high water mark for deluxes and Barricade reminds me of that level of quality. I'm over the moon about getting a great Topspin from the TR line and enjoy him quite a bit but he's not even in the same league as RTS Jazz or Barricade because he just doesn't have the same number of moving pieces and the plastic isn't hand-candy in that same way.

There are exactly two missteps in the TR Deluxe class, and Rhyno already mentioned them. More than satisfactory. At some point I'd love to see some chemical engineer TF nerd actually analyze the plastic through the years of TFs because I'm pretty sure the "higher/lower quality plastic" schtick is complete bullshit.

Also RTS Jazz is your example of bygone quality? The catalyst of the Great Chest-Locking Wars? Yeah, okay.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Arquinsiel posted:

It's been spotted around here fir 27 and 28 euro :negative:

I saw him in Berlin for 34 euros. No ma'am.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Rhyno posted:

Skullsmasher and Twinferno suck hard balls. Every other deluxe is good to great.

Skullsmasher would be fantastic if his joints worked, and argueably, if he had a plastic back. I don't mind the rubber back, so all I need is the future floor wax windex (which would be awesome if someone had a current label for it)

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Anora posted:

Skullsmasher would be fantastic if his joints worked, and argueably, if he had a plastic back. I don't mind the rubber back, so all I need is the future floor wax windex (which would be awesome if someone had a current label for it)

He also needs a bigger peg of his tail to attach to, it's too small for the tail to stay on properly

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Keldroc posted:

There are exactly two missteps in the TR Deluxe class, and Rhyno already mentioned them. More than satisfactory. At some point I'd love to see some chemical engineer TF nerd actually analyze the plastic through the years of TFs because I'm pretty sure the "higher/lower quality plastic" schtick is complete bullshit.

Also RTS Jazz is your example of bygone quality? The catalyst of the Great Chest-Locking Wars? Yeah, okay.

Way to skim and rage out.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

KO OS Bruticus owns. He's way nicer than the Feral/Nero Rex and scales perfectly with CW Devy

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

History Comes Inside! posted:

KO OS Bruticus owns. He's way nicer than the Feral/Nero Rex and scales perfectly with CW Devy
Got a link to a place to get him?

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Someone got Octane and Blitzwing in the US, if you guys feel like going out toy hunting.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

"Suckle on this receptacle!"
Guess I'm checking out Target before work but they've generally had jack and poo poo for months now.

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009
I just hit up the target near work and they didn't have anything new.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
Anyone know if they make dry transfer or waterslide decals for MP Ratchet or MT Downbeat? I know there's reprolabels, but I dunno, they're stickers and look kinda out of place on an MP figure in my book.

I guess if all else fails, you could always find Martini Porsche 935 Turbo decals to put on Jazz that would normally go on a model kit. What scale is he roughly?

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

Zaa Boogie posted:

Guess I'm checking out Target before work but they've generally had jack and poo poo for months now.

I still can't find anything new but Broadsides at a bunch of places. It's weird.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

Yeah, just went by my local one and wasn't there. was almost tempted by Barricade.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Captain Invictus posted:

Got a link to a place to get him?

I got him from Sirtoys when it randomly showed up in stock about 2 weeks ago. Looks like he's sold out again but most places were saying new stock was due around now

catch22
Feb 17, 2006

Gammatron 64 posted:

Anyone know if they make dry transfer or waterslide decals for MP Ratchet or MT Downbeat? I know there's reprolabels, but I dunno, they're stickers and look kinda out of place on an MP figure in my book.

I guess if all else fails, you could always find Martini Porsche 935 Turbo decals to put on Jazz that would normally go on a model kit. What scale is he roughly?

Someone on TFW made a set that you can get printed on decal sheets at...Staples? Someplace like that. They look good but the stickers for the rear wheel wells look like they can't conform to the curves of the car well.

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

Zaa Boogie posted:

Yeah, just went by my local one and wasn't there. was almost tempted by Barricade.

I just got a Barricade, he's alright-big backpack :/

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

That's what I don't get, I was looking at the new Drift re-shell and his Backpack folds up like a motherfucker, like in four parts. If they gave this Barry that we'd be looking at a top tier deluxe. He's still good but what a missed opportunity.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

Keldroc posted:

Having just recieved mine from Knormal this morning and immediately realising how the roof backpack locks the chest in place I would actually have to say I rate him higher than any Titans Return figure I've had the chance to play with.

Except Wheelie, who is actually pretty great.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

SpazmasterX posted:

I still can't find anything new but Broadsides at a bunch of places. It's weird.

Ditto for me. Incidentally, is Broadside worth picking up?

catch22
Feb 17, 2006

Xenomrph posted:

Bot and aircraft carrier modes are very good, jet mode is bad and the fan mode for his jet isn't much better than the official one. The lovely jet mode puts me on the fence about him, but if you're happy with 2 out of 3 I'd say go for it

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

I accept that plane mode more on the upcoming Tidal wave version of that mold because he'd be that type of guy to take a jet mode that egregious (both definitions even)

Zaa Boogie fucked around with this message at 07:06 on May 5, 2017

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

Xenomrph posted:

Jet mode is rear end but everything else is great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Arquinsiel posted:

Having just recieved mine from Knormal this morning and immediately realising how the roof backpack locks the chest in place I would actually have to say I rate him higher than any Titans Return figure I've had the chance to play with.

Except Wheelie, who is actually pretty great.

But but but geewun trumps engineering riiiiight...?