Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

i fight with two guncons and two pedals plugged in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
At the local I was at a few days ago, someone said that they got their friend into fighting games. However, that friend demanded that they use Nintendo Switch joy cons.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

If you can't play any game from any genre with a Saitek X52 then :frogout:

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

I don't like the playstation d-pad because it turned my thumb into hamburger constantly charging all the time, seemed accurate enough though. I bought one of the fighting commanders so I'm gonna see if I like that, is it easy to input just a down on the d-pad? On other stock d-pads I've always had trouble doing down inputs in the air.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
I'm going to learn to play on the Rock Band drum kit, gonna be the best at pianoing inputs.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

lmao that brosnan got probated just long enough to miss the tekken 7 launch by a few days

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Babe Magnet posted:

lmao that brosnan got probated just long enough to miss the tekken 7 launch by a few days

its like poetry

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
it was Bound to happen

Cabbagepots
Apr 7, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
real men mod console controller boards into 90s stereos and use the buttons and dials on the front panel and remote control to make combos happen

Cabbagepots fucked around with this message at 08:32 on May 4, 2017

Maluco Marinero
Jan 18, 2001

Damn that's a
fine elephant.

Babe Magnet posted:

I didn't realise the imp zone was a safe space.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
brosnans posting privileges were Tekken away

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

he's really gonna be mishima'n out

MohShuvuu
Aug 26, 2010

I eat ass.

Pomp posted:

what the gently caress about fighting games renders certain people incapable of using a controller like a normal loving human being

possible smash players with their GameCube controllers trying to learn fighting games

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
I love joysticks, but I'm gonna be real a second:

Claw gripping a controller for Tekken might actually be a better way to play.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy

mango sentinel posted:

I love joysticks, but I'm gonna be real a second:

Claw gripping a controller for Tekken might actually be a better way to play.

I don't doubt this and I actually think for sf4/5 pad has some advantages over stick (stick has its own advantages too i.e. plinking and pianoing)

But for me I can never give up stick purely for comfort reasons. I can't play pad for more than an hour without feeling like my thumb has been tenderized. With stick I can play all day with no ill effects.

dhamster
Aug 5, 2013

I got into my car and ate my chalupa with a feeling of accomplishment.
I changed my mind, this is the ultimate control method.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Imp Zone confirmed esports.

Jmcrofts posted:

I don't doubt this and I actually think for sf4/5 pad has some advantages over stick (stick has its own advantages too i.e. plinking and pianoing)

Real talk, the only reason why I switched from the PS3 pad to a fightpad was because of plinking in SF4. Everything else I never had any trouble with, really. I do think if I had the choice and tried to learn KOF/GG, I would've went stick. I'unno, hopping felt a lot easier on it and so did IADs (thank god for the One True Anime having two-button dash).

dhamster posted:

You get to control your character AND the stream feed!

Flinger
Oct 16, 2012

I got a stick because Marduk's vale tudo stance cancels were too hard on a pad

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
http://i.imgur.com/m3EMvjN.mp4

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

C. Everett Koop posted:

I'm going to learn to play on the Rock Band drum kit, gonna be the best at pianoing inputs.

You laugh but one of the funnest drunken nights was a group of us playing Mortal Kombat with instruments. We, of course, called them Instruments of Destruction.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

I made way too many of these gifs so i put them in a gallery

http://imgur.com/gallery/26Lkr

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe

Jmcrofts posted:

I made way too many of these gifs so i put them in a gallery

http://imgur.com/gallery/26Lkr

This is awesome. Thank you for this.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Tekken 7 looks so cool. I can't wait to play it.

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Rutibex posted:

Looks like some people have Stockholm syndrome from too much SF2 on SNES.

No Stockholm syndrome, but I had blister scars from playing super turbo on those pads

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

I wonder if there is an equivalent in other games for Lili players, who constantly complain that their entirely viable character is trash*

*whilst frantically jerking off over her.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Spuckuk posted:

I wonder if there is an equivalent in other games for Lili players, who constantly complain that their entirely viable character is trash*

Cammy, but only if you're James Chen

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~

Jmcrofts posted:

Cammy, but only if you're James Chen

to be fair he played st and xvsf when he formed those opinions that are wrong in sf4, cvs2, and sfv

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

Spuckuk posted:

What about 3S Chun players complaining that Chun isn't good

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009

Zand posted:

to be fair he played st and xvsf when he formed those opinions that are wrong in sf4, cvs2, and sfv

good point if he had stopped saying it in 2001

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

anime was right posted:

brosnans posting privileges were Tekken away

Woah

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Zand posted:

It was mostly a good meme back in SF4 because somehow everyone believed cammy was bad, even though as time went on she kept on rising in the tier lists despite receiving mostly nerfs

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~

Jmcrofts posted:

It was mostly a good meme back in SF4 because somehow everyone believed cammy was bad, even though as time went on she kept on rising in the tier lists despite receiving mostly nerfs

she seemed unbelievably good in super

I watched James solo commentary for some st stream recently and I had to mute it when cammy got to play

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

She learned the value of rising up

Ho Chi Minh Holiday Inn
Jul 11, 2006

You may not know it yet, but I'm your worst nightmare.

mysterious loyall X posted:

She learned the value of rising up

as well as down, and left and right

Cis Lord
Nov 14, 2016
Have you guys seen those Born Free interviews? People are making GBS threads on SFV pretty hard. The best part is, you can tell they're not doing it intentionally. They always say something kind of more generic at first and Born Free just rephrases the question trying to get more details. As the process repeats, the player just says more negative things about the game, but you can tell there's no maleficence behind it. They're just saying what they think. It's a little unreal to hear so much bad stuff from top level players.

Do your characters ever heal in Shadow Mode in KI or do you have to use items?

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

dhamster posted:

From what I can tell by what's legible, it seems to be the controls for some sort of drawing program

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

AnonSpore posted:

From what I can tell by what's legible, it seems to be the controls for some sort of drawing program

http://videogamesdensetsu.tumblr.com/post/160230210495/when-graphic-designers-from-taito-snk-and-other

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Cis Lord posted:

Do your characters ever heal in Shadow Mode in KI or do you have to use items?

At the end of every turn, any character that you didn't use that turn on a mission heals back 50%

dhamster
Aug 5, 2013

I got into my car and ate my chalupa with a feeling of accomplishment.

AnonSpore posted:

It sure is.. pretty crazy right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NuclearPotato
Oct 27, 2011

AnonSpore posted:

Yeah, Taito used that to make the sprite artwork on their games back in the early 90's, from what I understand.