Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

Firebert posted:

How? I just opened up practice mode and I was able to fully clear the jungle from level one with refillable without problems, felt pretty good honestly. Start raptors, save smite for red, it's really a easy clear.

Yeah I took my autoattack jungler runes and started W and it was really easy to clear raptors->red->wolves->blue->gromp->scuttle and end up with about 90% health. Maybe skip krugs if you aren't until the 2nd clear, I haven't tried them but that they continually spawn smaller dudes when your level 1 W is on a 9s cooldown might make that camp more trouble than it's worth on the first clear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe
What skill order are y'all feeling for sej

slydingdoor
Oct 26, 2010

Are you in or are you out?
Old herald buff made you better at 1v1ing...

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Might as well play Sejuani support with all the free stats she gets

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Darth Windu posted:

What skill order are y'all feeling for sej

R>W>E>Q

No other way to do it really

slydingdoor
Oct 26, 2010

Are you in or are you out?
You can't really play Xayah Rakan without knowing this little known trick.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
Zac's Q is kind of neat, his ult is so much worse, idk why they changed it

Sej is tanky as gently caress but does negative damage it felt like outta the jungle

Ain't gonna play Maokai when the focus is on his saplings

Che Delilas
Nov 23, 2009
FREE TIBET WEED

Servaetes posted:

I'm at work, shithead, answer the question

I don't have Zac, so I wouldn't know, but keep on being a piece of garbage.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
lol Yes one of the only other goon besides me and meth and that nasus one trick to ever get to D1 or higher is garbo

gvibes
Jan 18, 2010

Leading us to the promised land (i.e., one tournament win in five years)
Seems like someone may be slightly overtuned:

Che Delilas
Nov 23, 2009
FREE TIBET WEED

Teikanmi posted:

lol Yes one of the only other goon besides me and meth and that nasus one trick to ever get to D1 or higher is garbo

Yeah that's what I meant. Garbage at league, instead of as a human being.

fnox
May 19, 2013

I've been doing nothing but jungle this season at plat elo. Here's some hints:

• Triple buff every time you can, it's devastating, and any jungler that plays traditionally is going to instantly panic. Champions like Nunu or Ivern can do this every game no matter what, to avoid counters, buy a pink and a pot instead of 3 pots and put it on the red buff if you're blue side, wolves brush if you're red side. If you really know what you're doing you could even steal Krugs and Raptors on top of just Red to hit level 3 in the enemy jungle.
  • To counter triple buffing, you have 3 strategies. First is to expect the late invade and invade the opposite buff yourself to get an even start, but slow junglers may still get caught in the process of doing that, you can try the second method then which is to start Raptors (Get regular pots instead of regen pot if they're kicking your rear end too hard). Third is to ward defensively with a pink and sic your laners at the invader but this is unlikely to work in SoloQ.
  • Steal enemy raptors every single time you can, keep that brush warded, this denies a whole bunch of gold and grants you a very nice deep ward.
  • Always try to be opposite from the enemy jungler unless you're Graves, Lee Sin or Shaco, in which case you want to duel the enemy jungler basically every time.
  • If lanes are pushed, counterjungle. If you have no idea where the enemy jungler is, move to the most vulnerable lane and countergank.
  • Pathing is crucial, particularly with champions like Ivern. Ivern can clear his entire jungle by minute 3 with correct pathing. If you always do the exact same route with the exact same clears every time, you will eat poo poo on the early levels. Learn the best strategies for your champion and for the enemy jungler so that you can predict where they will be every time.
  • Scuttle is a waste of time if you don't have good single target damage, leave it for when there is an actual threat to the dragon.
  • Don't gank losing lanes, countergank if all. This will lead to poo poo laners flaming you, ignore them. Your best bet is always to funnel gold towards carries and competent players.
  • Don't panic on early first bloods or 4 man invades. Don't fight 4 man invades unless you're 5 people. Usually these early roams are very inconsequential, you can prevent them all by warding pixel brush.
  • Learn to towerdive if your lanes are pushed too far in. The general strategy varies depending if you're stronger or weaker than your laner, but generally what you do is throw your full rotation at the enemy ganker, stand at the edge of the turret range, take 2 tower shots, then back off. It should be more than sufficient time for your laner to finish the enemy off.
  • Camping bot or top is actually suboptimal. The higher you go the likelyhood of someone actually ragequtting after just a couple ganks is reduced and the risk of counterganking increases the higher your elo is. If you're going to camp, camp a side of the map, not just a lane.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that counterjungling is Very Good, and very unappreciated. It's not just stealing raptors every now and again, it's the whole package, it's playing against the enemy jungler instead of "for" your team.

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Teikanmi posted:

Serv never got to D1. I think he slummed it up in D5/D4 like I got to.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Imo I still don't understand why they want to change Zac. He's already good.

I mean if you have Rammus in your roster...

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
I found the new zac ult to be irritating as hell. I was ashe, he'd just slingshot out of the brush, then R on top of me bringing me back to his team. Couldn't do poo poo if I didn't have flash up. Its a very good pick ability.

The one where he drags two team mates together didn't seem to do much but I could see it being useful to set up someone else's followup like a shockwave or an Ashe arrow

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

CERTIFIED PRE OWNED TESLA OWNER

gvibes posted:

Seems like someone may be slightly overtuned:

Which champion is this? It's not zac or sej or maokai, at least not on op.gg.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

Mikujin posted:

Serv never got to D1. I think he slummed it up in D5/D4 like I got to.

Yeah, kudos to people that played it out to get that high, I got to where I wanted to get to and didn't wanna push any more. Ranked is slog.

Che Delilas posted:

I don't have Zac, so I wouldn't know, but keep on being a piece of garbage.

Then why volunteer such a useless answer? I'm sorry for the hostility but if every question in the thread was answered with "Google it" or equivalent it'd be even more dead than it already is

But I digress, who is that in the graph?

voodoo dog
Jun 6, 2001

Gun Saliva

Servaetes posted:

But I digress, who is that in the graph?

http://lolalytics.com/champion/Sejuani/

Top Lane Sejuani has a 56% win rate according to that.

voodoo dog fucked around with this message at 13:31 on May 4, 2017

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

There's no way that passive remains untouched, especially the part about minions do not affect it, goddamn. You have to wonder if they ever prepare for people using their reworks out of a lane they designed them to do. Doesn't seem it!

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

Servaetes posted:

There's no way that passive remains untouched, especially the part about minions do not affect it, goddamn. You have to wonder if they ever prepare for people using their reworks out of a lane they designed them to do. Doesn't seem it!

Support Malzahar rides up in his voidwagon to say "gently caress no"

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Are you that illaoi player?

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Teikanmi posted:

Excuse me I made it to D1 and I am not a nasus one trick

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

Taciturn Tactician posted:

Support Malzahar rides up in his voidwagon to say "gently caress no"

Does Riot still get all pissy about players using heroes in roles they weren't designed for?

Action George
Apr 13, 2013

Servaetes posted:

Riot: Unintended consequences? What the gently caress does that mean?

Rygar201 posted:

Does Riot still get all pissy about players using heroes in roles they weren't designed for?

No, they seem to mostly be okay with it and in some cases even want to encourage it (bot lane Ziggs for instance)

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions

Rygar201 posted:

Not on the outside. They say 'we totally encourage stuff that breaks the meta you guys!' but then tend to nerf them in such a way that makes it impossible (see lulu in mid or top). But then sometimes they don't, iirc zyra was designed as a mid but they seem to fully accept her as a support now.

Tanky support hombres: what's your attitude to adc's insisting you block skillshots coming at them? I do it when I can but I had someone raging at me for not blocking jihn snares and I'm like poo poo, maybe try moving out the way. I think if you eat a binding or zyra root at max range you're kinda bad but I could be wrong

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

The big issue with Riot's approach to off label use was they seemed to frequently wind up nerfing the hero to discourage it, but also make them worse at their intended role. Hopefully that has improved a little bit since they have made more finely tuned jungler items and things like that

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I mean generally when a champion ends up in a role more often than intended it's because there is a favorable meta or some broken mechanic that no one noticed before and it's too strong, so there's nothing else to do besides nerf them and hope it doesn't affect their other roles

The only reason a champ suddenly starts showing up a lot in a role is because it works too well

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

fnox posted:

I've been doing nothing but jungle this season at plat elo. Here's some hints:

<jungle words>

I guess what I'm trying to say is that counterjungling is Very Good, and very unappreciated. It's not just stealing raptors every now and again, it's the whole package, it's playing against the enemy jungler instead of "for" your team.

I was going to PM you about this, but I see you do not have PMs.

1. Do you mean pink ward your Red/Wolves, or theirs? It's not clear from the text

Are there any good places to read text posts like this about current play, or is it all it watching some dude's streams or youtube videos about it?

Freaksaus
Jun 13, 2007

Grimey Drawer

el dingo posted:

Tanky support hombres: what's your attitude to adc's insisting you block skillshots coming at them? I do it when I can but I had someone raging at me for not blocking jihn snares and I'm like poo poo, maybe try moving out the way. I think if you eat a binding or zyra root at max range you're kinda bad but I could be wrong

I only ever do this when I know it'll either kill them or start a fight that will kill them. It's not so much that I don't want to block skillshots, but it often ends with you blocking something that they would've dodged anyway and now you've taken unnecessary damage.

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

My Summoner name is Rygar201 as well, hit me up if you are open to queuing with a chill but rusty goon. I'll check out the Discord tonight

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

Teikanmi posted:

I mean generally when a champion ends up in a role more often than intended it's because there is a favorable meta or some broken mechanic that no one noticed before and it's too strong, so there's nothing else to do besides nerf them and hope it doesn't affect their other roles

The only reason a champ suddenly starts showing up a lot in a role is because it works too well

Riot has basically given up on a resting balanced state and their nerfs/buffs are more in keeping with cyclical balance where they weaken whatever's strong and strengthen whatever's weak so that nothing remains dominant long term. Champions performing well outside their role tends to be because of one particular number, interaction, or intersection of conditions. If a good toplaner gets nerfed top they tend to still be okay top, whereas if you pull the key building block away from a support being played top it tends to make them god awful top. So Riot doesn't directly stop offrole stuff as much, but their balance philosophy tends to squelch it pretty consistently.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Teikanmi posted:

deadinternal got to D1 or higher but he never posts even though i got him to make an account like a million years ago

el dingo posted:

unless your adc is an lcs player there is no excusing them being shithead divas like that so usually just tell them to gently caress off out loud but not in game and then just continue to do whatever it is you do. if they really get on your grill about that just say sorry but again change nothing about your playing and if it gets really bad roam or something

pog boyfriend fucked around with this message at 18:05 on May 4, 2017

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Just had a Vayne get lowest kills and most deaths, Vaynespotting at its finest

Still won because I took Sejuani top and built HP items and that stupid new Gargoyle Stoneplate item and I was unkillable, probably did most of the damage I dealt to their carries just sitting on them with Sunfire Cape. When I got under 50% hp I just popped the Stoneplate and got all my HP back.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i enjoy that the new tank items have already introduced the several thousand true damage cho'gath ult

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

I saw a midlaner in a game just now (Akali) tell our jungler (Warwick) never to come near mid lane. Then they constantly roamed bot to try and gank our lane. People who care about KDR are weird.

misguided rage
Jun 15, 2010

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

rabidsquid posted:

i enjoy that the new tank items have already introduced the several thousand true damage cho'gath ult
I'm surprised his win rate hasn't jumped because the one game I had against him he seemed ludicrous. He had 5-6k hp when everyone else was running around with 2-3k. We couldn't teamfight at all because he'd either one-shot a carry or zone them out of the fight so hard they might as well have been one-shot. Every fight ended with the unkillable cho'gath tottering around grinding down the last few people alive. We were doing pretty well split pushing but then we got a catch on their midlaner and thought we could take a well-positioned 4v5. Nope!

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

rabidsquid posted:

Was gonna mention this lmao

Imagine Syndra ult but on a tank the size of the whole screen. And it does true damage so you can't even really build anything but health for it which you're never gonna see a mage or ADC do

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

Cho still has many, many bullies in lane, has no escapes, and shoves the lane with every ability so he's not gonna climb up winrates too much. This whole round of items is probably wonderful for Tahm Kench top too, but your have to get past the whole painful lane phase against most meta champs atm

Gray Matter
Apr 20, 2009

There's something inside your head..

rabidsquid posted:

:confused:

Is his ult not affected by the 60% reduced damage dealt portion of the stoneplate?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

Gray Matter posted:

:confused:

Is his ult not affected by the 60% reduced damage dealt portion of the stoneplate?

Why would it be? It's True Damage

• Locked thread