Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

cant cook creole bream posted:

So, is next week the season finale?

No, the one after it is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
2 episodes left I think. I can kinda understand Daisy not forcing Mack through the exit seeing as how after she had the Hive mind control stuff burned out of her by Lash she went back to Hive trying to get re-controlled so she could fill that emotional void she had.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

two more episodes.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Ojjeorago posted:

Blackagar Boltagon, King of the Inhumans, looks like he poo poo his pants just as that photo was taken.

It was to distract people from his terrible name.

Mylan
Jun 19, 2002

So they were hooked up to the Framework for 10+ days? Because I was wondering how they eat and breath, and other science facts.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Mylan posted:

So they were hooked up to the Framework for 10+ days? Because I was wondering how they eat and breath, and other science facts.

IV?

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Mylan posted:

Remind yourself it's just a show and relax

kater
Nov 16, 2010

They never do show Daisy breathing, I'm concerned.

lol but
Feb 24, 2007

body is a dinosaur
Slippery Tilde
I don't know where people are getting this impressionistic simulacrum stuff. It seems far more likely that they simulated the entire history of the world in exact detail modulo a half dozen ironic evil genie wish grantings using magic.

homullus
Mar 27, 2009

lol but seriously I posted:

I don't know where people are getting this impressionistic simulacrum stuff. It seems far more likely that they simulated the entire history of the world in exact detail modulo a half dozen ironic evil genie wish grantings using magic.

This but unironically

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
Season 4, Episode 20: Farewell, Cruel World!

http://i.imgur.com/2ZuV7OC.gifv
http://i.imgur.com/mr0Y6tQ.gifv
http://i.imgur.com/DdxvvCr.gifv
http://i.imgur.com/5xJst6G.gifv
http://i.imgur.com/q9jkvxf.gifv
http://i.imgur.com/QiTLShd.gifv
http://i.imgur.com/r7H801W.gifv
http://i.imgur.com/dFl4w8M.gifv

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

Mr Beens posted:

If you wake them up from the outside improperly you fry their brains. This was stated when Jemma and Daisy went in, it's why they needed their exit thing. Aida shut that down. As far as Aida was concerned the only way out was at the source via the machines linking them in. The backdoor was a way round this.

Radcliffe also mentioned it multiple times, although, possible hint, one of those times was right after Aida pulled him out abruptly and he didn't have his brains fried.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Avalerion posted:

Though by this argument they should have left Fitz, too.

Well, that's a different choice. Mack was choosing the fantasy because it keeps his daughter alive. Fitz was choosing the fantasy because he didn't believe it was a fantasy, in no small part because the person who created the fantasy went through great effort to manipulate him emotionally.

There's probably a philosophical debate we could have about Fitz and forcing him to face reality but it's a totally different one than Mack and Daisy had. Mack, at the very least, had accepted that there was a choice and that he was choosing the fantasy over reality. Yeah, we could debate over whether he had enough knowledge or time to make a sound judgment but it's still a different thing.

I'm not saying Mack made the right choice. I'm saying if Daisy had made it for him Mack may never have forgiven her for taking away his "daughter".

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Also Fitz is one of the brains behind the fascist Hydra leadership so removing him from the Framework works out for everyone in and out of it.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Gwaihir posted:

Radcliffe also mentioned it multiple times, although, possible hint, one of those times was right after Aida pulled him out abruptly and he didn't have his brains fried.

Exactly. That's what made me question it.

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax
Brain frying isn't certain but it was likely with all the changes to the framework going on all the time. Anyways, gently caress everyone else, I'm just glad we got May back after like 8 episodes. If anyone was going to be hosed up, it would be her for having to do the cavalry mission 20 times until she got the worst possible ending where she bombs the children from a clockwork orange.

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

"Nothing a shitload of bleach won't fix"

Kheldarn posted:

Exactly. That's what made me question it.

I think that was a different kind of abrupt, like instead of the power dying and your computer shutting off it popped up a notification and said "You are leaving now, please prepare." Just unplugging is bad, but AIDA going through the exit sequence early is fine.

nelson
Apr 12, 2009
College Slice
I for one am glad Mack got his happy ending. He always seemed too tense in the real world and now he can finally be at peace.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

The MSJ posted:

Also Fitz is one of the brains behind the fascist Hydra leadership so removing him from the Framework works out for everyone in and out of it.

"Hey doesn't the Framework move at like a huge fake versus real time clip?"
"Yeah"
"It's been like fours hours"
"...okay..."
"so who's in charge now"

*smash cut to the framework*

Soliders: Hail HYDRA
Bakshi: :smug:

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

Ojjeorago posted:

Blackagar Boltagon, King of the Inhumans, looks like he poo poo his pants just as that photo was taken.

Jesus that name sucks. Why couldn't his actual name just be Black Bolt? They're already insular weirdos whose identity is based on terrigenesis. Superhero names make as much sense as anything.

I find it funny Anson Mount found a role even more laconic than Hell on Wheels, though. No Sorkin roles for him.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I have no idea what that weird name is. The EW article as well as the Wikipedia page just says "Black Bolt." Whatever the gently caress "Blackagar Boltagon" is supposed to mean I assume its just some nerd internet whatever.

And thanks to the Wikipedia page I also learned that Triton and Lockjaw are characters as is some human with an interest in the moon. So it seems like they're still going to be on the moon having left Earth generations ago, which I hope keeps to my idea that they're drawn back to Earth by the rise of the Inhumans and return of Hive. And I imagine that Triton being absent from that cast photo means he and Lockjaw are CGI.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...

nelson posted:

I for one am glad Mack got his happy ending. He always seemed too tense in the real world and now he can finally be at peace.

But a happy ending for Framework Mack means sad times for Yo-yo :(

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
There are so many better ways Daisy could've handled that.

"Mack, you have a hot superpowered girlfriend waiting for you out there, and if you don't come out of this fake world, she's going to drag you out by your ears. Also our world is not loving controlled by Hydra. AND you have a goddamn shotgun axe!"

tetrapyloctomy
Feb 18, 2003

Okay -- you talk WAY too fast.
Nap Ghost

Mylan posted:

I didn't pay attention later, but when May first pulled herself out if the simulation she had an IV as well as a Dobhoff (nasogastric feeding tube). They're not paralyzed, so they breathe on their own.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
Someone said on the other page that Mack was of sound mind when he made the choice to stay and I don't feel like trying to find it now on my phone.

But how can you seriously say that? Mack, inside the Framework when he made that choice, literally didn't remember anything about the actual real world. He didn't remember Yo-Yo or that his daughter is dead. He didn't remember Daisy or any of his friends.

I'm pretty sure that qualifies as not being of sound mind.

e: I could have misread the post I'm thinking of.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

STAC Goat posted:

I have no idea what that weird name is. The EW article as well as the Wikipedia page just says "Black Bolt." Whatever the gently caress "Blackagar Boltagon" is supposed to mean I assume its just some nerd internet whatever.

Are you blind?

kater
Nov 16, 2010

So it's like Theodore but for the moon?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Ojjeorago posted:

Are you blind?

You are very bad at sarcasm.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
Blackagar Boltington is up there among the dumbest comic book names ever.

I can just see momma Boltagon cradling her newborn baby, looking into his eyes and saying "He looks like a Blackagar, what do you think honey?" and stoic daddy Boltness smiles and nods in agreement. "After your father." he says.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
It's that awful 60s comic logic where everyone's real name is an extension of their code name, just like it's pretty convenient that a woman named Harleen Quinzel who ended up the Joker's sidekick had a name that sounded vaguely like 'harlequin' and not like Bertha Schlanski or something.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

sticklefifer posted:

It's that awful 60s comic logic where everyone's real name is an extension of their code name, just like it's pretty convenient that a woman named Harleen Quinzel who ended up the Joker's sidekick had a name that sounded vaguely like 'harlequin' and not like Bertha Schlanski or something.

But that's at least a pun based on a real name.
Unlike Blackagar, Boltagon, or Medusalith. But it's a comic thing. I've never met a person called Jubilation either. Most people probably don't even know that Jubilation Lee is her actual name.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Boris Galerkin posted:

Someone said on the other page that Mack was of sound mind when he made the choice to stay and I don't feel like trying to find it now on my phone.

But how can you seriously say that? Mack, inside the Framework when he made that choice, literally didn't remember anything about the actual real world. He didn't remember Yo-Yo or that his daughter is dead. He didn't remember Daisy or any of his friends.

I'm pretty sure that qualifies as not being of sound mind.

e: I could have misread the post I'm thinking of.

I'm the one who used the phrase sound mind and my point was the same as yours. Mack was not of sound mind. In my opinion a brainwashed version of him does not have the right to make a decision that could cause the death of the non brainwashed version of him. That's why any means necessary to get him out of there were justified. Just because Fitz was bad and Mack was good doesn't mean Mack is in any less need of rescuing from what the Framework did to him.

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

sticklefifer posted:

Or like how X-Men's Jubilee's (which is a pretty stupid codename already) real name is Jubilation Lee

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

counterfeitsaint posted:

Blackagar Boltington is up there among the dumbest comic book names ever.

I can just see momma Boltagon cradling her newborn baby, looking into his eyes and saying "He looks like a Blackagar, what do you think honey?" and stoic daddy Boltness smiles and nods in agreement. "After your father." he says.

Yeah I mean, compared to Otto Octavius the Octopus or Harley Quinn the Harlequin which are borderline funny, BLACKAGAR BOLTINGTON just sounds loving dumb. It's like one step above Coldsteel the Hedgehog.

And I mean this is the setting where most people have normal people names like Tony Stark or Bruce Banner so it sticks out even more.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
I mean...the guy's literally from the moon. He's got a moon name. You're not gonna call a moon guy Ted.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Teddious Bearus.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
Yeah well if he was called Selenius or Tsukino Usagi or something I probably wouldn't have raised an eyebrow, but BLACKAGAR BOLTINGTON is a pretty stupid name, and it's not exactly moon related either.

Dracorion
Jul 23, 2013
It's Boltagon, actually, but yes it's a ridiculous name and I enjoy it as such. It amuses me to no end that one of the most powerful characters in the Marvel universe is called Blackagar Boltagon and people say that with a straight face.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Mymla posted:

Yeah well if he was called Selenius or Tsukino Usagi or something I probably wouldn't have raised an eyebrow, but BLACKAGAR BOLTINGTON is a pretty stupid name, and it's not exactly moon related either.

I'm Canadian but my name isn't Mapleton Poutineron. Stop being a moon racist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

Phylodox posted:

I'm Canadian but my name isn't Mapleton Poutineron.

hosed up if true.

You know you can change your name, right?

• Locked thread