Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
aejix
Sep 18, 2007

It's about finding that next group of core players we can win with in the next 6, 8, 10 years. Let's face it, it's hard for 20-, 21-, 22-year-olds to lead an NHL team. Look at the playoffs.

That quote is from fucking 2018. Fuck you Jim
Pillbug
SKD charged with drug possession after getting done with half a gram of coke at Ivy nightclub. What an idiot, half a gram is like one line for a first grade footballer, just finish it off at that point jesus christ.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
Roosters cap problem solved.

Dirty Frank
Jul 8, 2004

Azerban posted:

https://twitter.com/Oxford_RL/status/860224893660606465

this is going to be an event of the highest quality, and i'm hyped

An Oxford fan? Are you going? Take photos!

As far as I can tell from the fixture list Workington don't get an away game in Toronto, which sucks.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

aejix posted:

SKD charged with drug possession after getting done with half a gram of coke at Ivy nightclub. What an idiot, half a gram is like one line for a first grade footballer, just finish it off at that point jesus christ.

Happy to see Teddy is going to a club with less prescence in the news.

Thel
Apr 28, 2010

Wow that was one of the worst renditions of the NZ anthem I've ever heard.

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Adam is a wonderful example of how a player should go about his business in the NRL

Thel posted:

Wow that was one of the worst renditions of the NZ anthem I've ever heard.

The Australian one matched it. Holy gently caress both were terrible.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Every time I see Rapana I hope someone punches him. He just strikes me as being a massive oval office.

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Adam is a wonderful example of how a player should go about his business in the NRL
I'd poo poo myself if I had to tackle Taumololo.

Thel
Apr 28, 2010

Wow that defence was Bad-Warriors-esque. I mean when you let Sam Thaiday into open air you know you done hosed up good and proper.

Azerban
Oct 28, 2003

Dirty Frank posted:

An Oxford fan? Are you going? Take photos!

As far as I can tell from the fixture list Workington don't get an away game in Toronto, which sucks.

I am going, but down the street, not across the ocean!

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

hell i didn't even know oxford were allowed to play rugby league

Dirty Frank
Jul 8, 2004

Puckish Rogue posted:

hell i didn't even know oxford were allowed to play rugby league

They play in jaunty scarves!

Dirty Frank
Jul 8, 2004

Azerban posted:

I am going, but down the street, not across the ocean!
A Canadian then, whats your story?

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

The plan was to turn the Warriors into the Kiwis but it turns out they turned the Kiwis into the Warriors

Red_Museum
Apr 17, 2011

Shredded Hen
NRL Cocaine Round continues

"Damian Keogh stands down as Cronulla Sharks chairman after drugs charge"
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-05-06/damian-keogh-cronulla-sharks-ceo-charged-over-drug-possession/8502698

"Kiwis captain Jesse Bromwich allegedly bought cocaine after Anzac Test, Canberra man charged"
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-05-06/man-allegdly-sold-cocaine-to-kiwis-captain-after-anzac-test/8503142

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

I am the Wizard Master
News is saying Thurston will miss origin

https://twitter.com/7NewsSydney/status/860678909385351168

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Red_Museum posted:

NRL Cocaine Round continues

"Damian Keogh stands down as Cronulla Sharks chairman after drugs charge"
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-05-06/damian-keogh-cronulla-sharks-ceo-charged-over-drug-possession/8502698

"Kiwis captain Jesse Bromwich allegedly bought cocaine after Anzac Test, Canberra man charged"
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-05-06/man-allegdly-sold-cocaine-to-kiwis-captain-after-anzac-test/8503142

Kevin proctor, too

Great weekend so far

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
Cook Islands vs PNG has been pretty good.

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:
I think the NRL must single-handedly keep a few drug cartels in business.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Fanatic posted:

I think the NRL must single-handedly keep a few drug cartels in business.

I think vice versa

Azerban
Oct 28, 2003

Dirty Frank posted:

A Canadian then, whats your story?

soccer got too popular, and/or it's nice to watch a toronto team win a game

i have a picture or two but apparently i'm too dumb to do it from my phone

Azerban fucked around with this message at 00:17 on May 7, 2017

Dirty Frank
Jul 8, 2004

Azerban posted:

soccer got too popular, and/or it's nice to watch a toronto team win a game

i have a picture or two but apparently i'm too dumb to do it from my phone

I watched the first half, crowd looked decent what's with everyone coming late?

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

It gets better. Jesse Bromwich was so drunk, it seems like he genuinely does not remember snorting cocaine. He has also donated the $20000 match fee to charity.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=11851399

Abalone Malone
Jul 26, 2002

White Line Fever boys!!!!

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Vagabundo posted:

It gets better. Jesse Bromwich was so drunk, it seems like he genuinely does not remember snorting cocaine. He has also donated the $20000 match fee to charity.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=11851399

I don't believe that, it sounds like an attempt at a convenient excuse. Regardless, the damage has been done.

Kidwell has said that Bromwich and Proctor won't be considered for the world cup squad. That seems like an overreaction to me, but this could be Kidwell trying to appear strong to save his job.

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

I bet the coke wasn't even cut with steroids, the big girl.

E: In my head, because I am on the other side of the world from you lot, I envision a bunch of headlines and Hot Takes about New Zealand players having a cocaine problem, rather than the much more correct rugby league having an everything problem.

BCR
Jan 23, 2011

To be honest, at that level of society, coke is pretty everyday weekend and special occasions experience.

I'll give him credit for not bashing his partner, kids, drunk driving, molesting a dog, molesting a child, threatening to kill a child, hijacking a golf cart, etc

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

As they're both Melbourne Storm nurtured and raised I think we should all give them the benefit of the doubt.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Puckish Rogue posted:

As they're both Melbourne Storm nurtured and raised I think we should all give them the benefit of the doubt.

As they're both Melbourne Storm nurtured and raised I think we should search for the second, hidden, bag of drugs containing the real amounts they bought.

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

ili posted:

As they're both Melbourne Storm nurtured and raised I think we should search for the second, hidden, bag of drugs containing the real amounts they bought.

Okay fine I guess we just have to find the root cause and figure out which of the multiple drug dealers on the Roosters sold them the drugs.

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:
http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/sharks-and-roosters-lose-1-million-sponsorship-report-20170510-gw1fmt.html

Lol, sponsors are walking out on Roosters and Sharks. Thread title is very relevant this season it seems :v:

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

yeah but they make way more dealing drugs

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Speaking of league druggies and in "Where in the World is Ben Barba?" news, he's just been sacked by French glamour rugby club Toulon after a disastrous season by their standards, at one point flirting with relegation.

Should Barba return to the NRL, he still has a 12-game suspension to serve, which could be something that could be used by another cashed-up French club or UK Super League team may use to lure him over.

Oh, and the ARU are trying to get Cooper Cronk into the Waratahs.

Abalone Malone
Jul 26, 2002

Vagabundo posted:

Speaking of league druggies and in "Where in the World is Ben Barba?" news, he's just been sacked by French glamour rugby club Toulon after a disastrous season by their standards, at one point flirting with relegation.

Should Barba return to the NRL, he still has a 12-game suspension to serve, which could be something that could be used by another cashed-up French club or UK Super League team may use to lure him over.

Oh, and the ARU are trying to get Cooper Cronk into the Waratahs.

Roosters love Fullbacks, and Cocaine
seems like a no brainer

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Abalone Malone posted:

Roosters love Fullbacks, and Cocaine
seems like a no brainer

He's perfect for them, he can serve his suspension for the first half of the season and then seamlessly slot in when teddy does his ACL mid year.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
the Knights are also going hard for Cronk apparently

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

bowmore posted:

the Knights are also going hard for Cronk apparently

how does that work with him wanting to live in sydney? who in their right mind would want to play for that basket case would want to make that commute every day?

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

iajanus posted:

how does that work with him wanting to live in sydney? who in their right mind would want to play for that basket case would want to make that commute every day?
i think they are giving him the option of living in Sydney and meeting the team for captain run training going into game day

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

I've been hard for him for years.

I had honestly forgotten Ben Barba was even gone. It seems like the whole season of being the most electrifying man in NRL entertainment just sort of disappeared into the mists of time. Like Boyd being Daly M player of the year or Jarrod Mullen as a thing that exists.

Puckish Rogue fucked around with this message at 08:21 on May 11, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Lots of talk that this is Moses' last Tigers game tonight, which naturally leads to the assumption that we must be getting someone in as a replacement. Apparently he's been pretty apathetic at training, too. Our big target has been Lolohea atm so who knows what might be in the mix in the next couple of days.

• Locked thread