Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

OwlFancier posted:

Actually that's pretty good gently caress capitalism :v: Not as good as drilling a hole in the bottom but pretty good.

yeah, imo p. much perfect

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

It's about as effective a protest as someone sneaking onto a marina and untying a docked sailboat because gently caress capitalism.

brb

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

OwlFancier posted:

Actually that's pretty good gently caress capitalism :v: Not as good as drilling a hole in the bottom but pretty good.

You're assuming the yacht is owned by some fat cat businessman instead of the more likely possibility that it's owned by some retiree who spent their savings on a cool toy they always wanted.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

You could untie more boats to increase your probability of untying a good one :v:

I call it the clustferfuck capitalism.

Unfortunately it's banned because the individual fucks are unreliable and might hit a nonfuckombatant after the fact.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Whole lotta childish, impotent rage going on ITT.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

Kafouille posted:

Given the timing and the fact the gun is aiming at the sky the gun firing is basically guaranteed to be the round in the barrel getting set off by the grenade.

first off if the tank ain't manned the guys are going to go steal it

second off it's not aimed at the sky it's slightly elevated much like you might do if shooting at a ridge/some buildings/something a bit far away

third of all it's actually hard as gently caress to see poo poo from a buttoned up tank

Zamboni Apocalypse
Dec 29, 2009

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

first off if the tank ain't manned the guys are going to go use the cannon for dick pics

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Arquinsiel posted:

Doesn't mean poo poo in Denmark (assuming that's where this happened) but if you were to pull that on a base that was launching combat ops then you just cost someone their air cover for the day.

If she pulled it on a base that was launching combat ops, she'd have probably been shot before she got near the plane.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Except all we know is that she hit a jet with a hammer a few times, apparently without getting caught. What happened next was the maintainers finding a big dent in the side of a panel on an otherwise undamaged, sighing to themselves, and replacing it without ever knowing it was some woman trying to make a point about world peace and poo poo. For all anyone except her and her friends knew, the Danish version of PFc Fuckknuckles backed a vehicle into it and drove off without reporting it to avoid getting in trouble.

It's about as effective a protest as someone sneaking onto a marina and untying a docked sailboat because gently caress capitalism.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/pounds-15m-hawk-attack-women-freed-1331285.html

1.5m in damage sounds pretty effective to me.

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug
LT vz. 38

Queue: Pz 38(t), Allied fictional tanks, crazy Soviet tanks, Hellcat trials in the USSR, Light Tank M3A3, Char B1 in German service, Renault NC, Renault D1, Renault R35, Renault D2, Renault R40, 25 mm Hotchkiss gun, LT vz 35, Praga AH-IV, Praga LTL and Pzw 39, T-60 production in difficult years, big guns for the KV-1, A1E1 Independent, PzI Ausf. B, PzI Ausf. C, PzI Ausf. F, Renault FT, Maus in the USSR, 76 mm gun mod of the Matilda, M4A2(76)W, PzII Ausf. a though b, PzII Ausf. c through C, PzII Ausf. D through E, PzII Ausf. F, PzII trials in the USSR,
Field modifications to American tanks
Available for request:

:911:
Light Tank M5

:britain:

:ussr:
T-37 with ShKAS
Wartime modifications of the T-37 and T-38
SG-122
Tank destroyers on the T-30 and T-40 chassis
45 mm M-42 gun
SU-76 prototype
SU-26/T-26-6
T-60 tanks produced at Stalingrad
SU-122 precursors NEW

:sweden:
L-10 and L-30
Strv m/40
Strv m/42
Landsverk prototypes 1943-1951
Strv m/21
Strv 81 and Strv 101
Swedish tanks 1928–1934 NEW

:poland:
Trials of the TKS and C2P in the USSR
37 mm anti-tank gun

:france:

:godwin:
Pak 97/38
7.5 cm Pak 41
s.FH. 18

:eurovision:
Tankbuchse 41 NEW

:jewish:
Israeli improvised armoured cars NEW

Ensign Expendable fucked around with this message at 02:28 on May 6, 2017

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Well if the case you're citing is the same one as Tias is describing I withdraw my criticisms entirely. That's a respectable bit of activism.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Ensign Expendable posted:

LT vz. 38

Queue: Pz 38(t), Allied fictional tanks, crazy Soviet tanks, Hellcat trials in the USSR, Light Tank M3A3, Char B1 in German service, Renault NC, Renault D1, Renault R35, Renault D2, Renault R40, 25 mm Hotchkiss gun, LT vz 35, Praga AH-IV, Praga LTL and Pzw 39, T-60 production in difficult years, big guns for the KV-1, A1E1 Independent, PzI Ausf. B, PzI Ausf. C, PzI Ausf. F, Renault FT, Maus in the USSR, 76 mm gun mod of the Matilda, M4A2(76)W, PzII Ausf. a though b, PzII Ausf. c through C, PzII Ausf. D through E, PzII Ausf. F, PzII trials in the USSR

Available for request:

Light Tank M5
Field modifications to American tanks NEW

T-37 with ShKAS
SG-122
45 mm M-42 gun
SU-76 prototype
SU-26/T-26-6
SU-122 precursors NEW

L-10 and L-30
Strv m/40
Strv m/42
Strv m/21
Strv 81 and Strv 101

37 mm anti-tank gun

Pak 97/38
7.5 cm Pak 41
s.FH. 18

Tankbuchse 41 NEW

:jewish: improvised armored cars and the rest of the US, Polish and Soviet articles please.

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

The Gavin Meme I have heard that referenced on multiple forums and what does it originate from exactly?

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

OwlFancier posted:

Probably better because sinking it just fucks up one boat, but letting it drift will likely gently caress up more than that.

chitoryu12 posted:

If she pulled it on a base that was launching combat ops, she'd have probably been shot before she got near the plane.
Depends how far out they're launching the op from. Shannon Airport has constant problems with people getting past security to mildly irritate US military flights landing there to refuel.

ETA: the other consideration is that if you can make it obvious that you got past security at all then they kind of have to assume you managed to do something serious and do a full check of everything that might cause the planes to fall out of the sky.

Arquinsiel fucked around with this message at 23:17 on May 5, 2017

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

It's not the existence of a few fighter jets that make wars happen, it's the people who throw around the authority to order attacks.

So plan your hammer strikes accordingly.

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

Jack2142 posted:

The Gavin Meme I have heard that referenced on multiple forums and what does it originate from exactly?
Some lunatic.

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

SlothfulCobra posted:

It's not the existence of a few fighter jets that make wars happen, it's the people who throw around the authority to order attacks.

So plan your hammer strikes accordingly.

There's a good bit in the internationale about generals.

ContinuityNewTimes fucked around with this message at 23:16 on May 5, 2017

spectralent
Oct 1, 2014

Me and the boys poppin' down to the shops
"Field modifications to American tanks" sounds fascinating. Unless it's just "US tankers stuck sandbags on their tanks sometimes" stuff?

LT vz. 38

Queue: Pz 38(t), Allied fictional tanks, crazy Soviet tanks, Hellcat trials in the USSR, Light Tank M3A3, Char B1 in German service, Renault NC, Renault D1, Renault R35, Renault D2, Renault R40, 25 mm Hotchkiss gun, LT vz 35, Praga AH-IV, Praga LTL and Pzw 39, T-60 production in difficult years, big guns for the KV-1, A1E1 Independent, PzI Ausf. B, PzI Ausf. C, PzI Ausf. F, Renault FT, Maus in the USSR, 76 mm gun mod of the Matilda, M4A2(76)W, PzII Ausf. a though b, PzII Ausf. c through C, PzII Ausf. D through E, PzII Ausf. F, PzII trials in the USSR

Available for request:

Light Tank M5
Field modifications to American tanks NEW

T-37 with ShKAS
SG-122
45 mm M-42 gun
SU-76 prototype
SU-26/T-26-6
SU-122 precursors NEW

L-10 and L-30
Strv m/40
Strv m/42
Strv m/21
Strv 81 and Strv 101

37 mm anti-tank gun

Pak 97/38
7.5 cm Pak 41
s.FH. 18

Tankbuchse 41 NEW

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

I like to call this page "Time Cube for Flying Boats"

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

He isn't wrong :colbert:

All combinations of flight and seacraft are excellent, the aircraft carrier is merely the starting point.

I need to make one of those memes with the glowing brains that goes boat > plane > flying boat > ekranoplan > flying boat where the boat is an aircraft carrier that has more flying boats on it.

OwlFancier fucked around with this message at 23:23 on May 5, 2017

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth
My first father in law was training for Vietnam when a tank hatch somehow fell on his back and kept him out of the war. That's my tank story.

It too bad. Maybe he could have done something else with the sperm that made my ex-wife.

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe

effective at what?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Probably a bit annoying for BAE.

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME
life before the bayonet was lmao

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

My god that webpage title graphic is so 90's internet it hurts.

Quinntan
Sep 11, 2013

Well if the case you're citing is the same one as Tias is describing I withdraw my criticisms entirely. That's a respectable bit of activism.

If that's a respectable bit of activism, what about the attack on Bagram airbase?

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug

spectralent posted:

"Field modifications to American tanks" sounds fascinating. Unless it's just "US tankers stuck sandbags on their tanks sometimes" stuff?

Sandbags, spaced armour, sharpened bits of German anti tank fortifications to cut up the bocage. Still interested?

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe

Quinntan posted:

If that's a respectable bit of activism, what about the attack on Bagram airbase?

that's bad rear end poo poo imo

edit: not that I wouldn't have shot them had I been there

spectralent
Oct 1, 2014

Me and the boys poppin' down to the shops

Sandbags, spaced armour, sharpened bits of German anti tank fortifications to cut up the bocage. Still interested?

Okay yeah that sounds pretty dope. I knew about sandbags but not so much the other two.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Fangz posted:

How *would* you best sabotage a fighter jet?

Asking for a friend.

Build the runway out of substandard concrete that spells easily. :getin:

It's like the screws idea but keeps on giving!

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

You're assuming the yacht is owned by some fat cat businessman instead of the more likely possibility that it's owned by some retiree who spent their savings on a cool toy they always wanted.

Heh heh...this fatcat mister...*squints* "Walter Taxi" is going to be pissed when he finds out

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

I've been watching the Viva Villa! on TCM and I'm under the impression Pancho Villa owned

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Quinntan posted:

If you can't tell the difference between some civilians sneaking onto a private installation and smashing a plane with hammers and an armed guerilla attack on a military base in a war zone then I don't have any loving clue how to explain it to you.

Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer

Nebakenezzer posted:

I've been watching the Viva Villa! on TCM and I'm under the impression Pancho Villa owned

He's my favorite personality from that era, and its also interesting to see how fast public opinion in America turned against him. I wish he was more well known in America other than "bandido who attacked us that one time"

My grandpa in Mexico City also calls him the Centaur of the North, and when I was a kid I thought this meant he was literally a gun wielding centaur. Words can not describe my disappointment when I found out the truth.

Quinntan
Sep 11, 2013

If you can't tell the difference between some civilians sneaking onto a private installation and smashing a plane with hammers and an armed guerilla attack on a military base in a war zone then I don't have any loving clue how to explain it to you.

"Private installation" meaning a Danish air force base. It's still an incredibly dumb thing to do.

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

Smashing aircraft is pussy poo poo go for the nukes http://archive.kitsapsun.com/news/local/five-arrested-for-breaking-into-navy-base-ep-420343821-357878251.html

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

Arquinsiel posted:

What she did is the very essence of guerilla warfare. It pissed off a bunch of people and slowed things down without actually hurting anyone, while she gets to go back to her friends and they all have a good laugh at how pissed off the techs are gonna be in the morning and the dude on guard who's getting chewed out for not catching her.

What

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
And this has what to do with muskets now?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Quinntan posted:

"Private installation" meaning a Danish air force base. It's still an incredibly dumb thing to do.

It wasn't a Danish air force base I'm talking about, it was some BAE facility near Liverpool. I'm presuming that Tias's friend was one of the women arrested in the 90s for beating up a jet due to be shipped to Suharto's Indonesia.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Shoulda blown up the jets but I guess peace activists wouldn't do that