Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vasler
Feb 17, 2004
Greetings Earthling! Do you have any Zoom Boots?
I've been Groundhog Day'ing for a while now and I have no idea how it is even feasible to beat the game.

I have max quantum at 764, nutrition at 838 and I'm really unsure how to actually progress far enough in the Lambda Complex in a reasonable time. I've generally been going Quantum to 50, then starting those jobs, then working on getting nutrition to around 150, studying to maybe 50, getting stuff done to get another hour of time, then investing to 50ish. Afterwards I focus all in on Quantum until it hits 500.

Hmm. I was able to get Unmirror Anomaly to 125 during the last life. Maybe I just have to keep doing this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Vasler posted:

I've been Groundhog Day'ing for a while now and I have no idea how it is even feasible to beat the game.

I have max quantum at 764, nutrition at 838 and I'm really unsure how to actually progress far enough in the Lambda Complex in a reasonable time. I've generally been going Quantum to 50, then starting those jobs, then working on getting nutrition to around 150, studying to maybe 50, getting stuff done to get another hour of time, then investing to 50ish. Afterwards I focus all in on Quantum until it hits 500.

Hmm. I was able to get Unmirror Anomaly to 125 during the last life. Maybe I just have to keep doing this?
That's way lower maxima than I ended up winning with, honestly.

Nutrition to 250, Study Skills to 200, Getting Stuff Done to like 90 or whatever gives you an hour and a half, don't even touch investing (invest a little in Leadership to get faster promotions to effectively buy research time, but not much), Quantum to 500, and then just jam the storyline research until you hit 60 and you should have it in one or two cycles.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

dipple posted:

I'd imagine Kongregate bans it in cash shop games because of potential customer service headaches.

Nah, Realm Grinder lets you do a hard reset.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Nutrition to 250, Study Skills to 200, Getting Stuff Done to like 90 or whatever gives you an hour and a half, don't even touch investing (invest a little in Leadership to get faster promotions to effectively buy research time, but not much), Quantum to 500, and then just jam the storyline research until you hit 60 and you should have it in one or two cycles.

To add to this, once you reach the Lambda Complex I believe it doesn't matter what job title you have; just the research matters. The job titles will give you more money to spend on keeping yourself happy longer but that's about it.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Looks like SPACEPLAN is being made into a full game.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qn_VxUJ6Pkg

Poultron
May 26, 2006

It doesn't make me happy if you call me cute, you bastard!

Deakul posted:

Looks like SPACEPLAN is being made into a full game.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qn_VxUJ6Pkg

This is an incredibly poor trailer

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

It's absurdly long for sure.

Voxx
Jul 28, 2009

I'll give 'em a hold
and a break to breathe
And if they can't play nice
I won't play with 'em at all

Deakul posted:

It's absurdly long for sure.

I'm sure after a prestige or two it will be a lot shorter of a run.

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

Voxx posted:

I'm sure after a prestige or two it will be a lot shorter of a run.

Heh, nice

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Sage Grimm posted:

To add to this, once you reach the Lambda Complex I believe it doesn't matter what job title you have; just the research matters. The job titles will give you more money to spend on keeping yourself happy longer but that's about it.
This is also the case - I did end up making CEO on the run I won but the only reason I put points into leadership was to get more money, because the actual title doesn't matter at all once you get the Complex skill tree (which is also the only reason to get Quantum Mechanics to 500.)

Vasler
Feb 17, 2004
Greetings Earthling! Do you have any Zoom Boots?

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Your advice really helped - thanks! I also managed to pay attention to the game for a full run. Beat the game, prestiged and now I think I'll wait for more content.

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

Poultron posted:

This is an incredibly poor trailer

There's a free Steam code at about 35 minutes in, but it's probably already gone. :v:

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

Merijn posted:

There's a free Steam code at about 35 minutes in, but it's probably already gone. :v:

Everything about Spaceplan rules.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
It's me, I'm the guy who forgot that Mine Defense had the awful wall where you need two Majestic Gems to first unlock Alchemy.

What's the javascript autoclicker again?

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

iirc it was something like:

code:
setInterval(MD.dig, 10)
where 10 is the # milliseconds before it would run it again, lower numbers means more autoclicks but more CPU usage.

e: This is just the dig autoclicker, idk poo poo about any other autoclicker for Mine Defense

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
That's all I need - autobuying and whatnot can wait until I'm back at my computer and auto-later-stuff I'm not up to yet. Thanks!

Phssthpok
Nov 7, 2004

fingers like strings of walnuts

DACK FAYDEN posted:

It's me, I'm the guy who forgot that Mine Defense had the awful wall where you need two Majestic Gems to first unlock Alchemy.

What's the javascript autoclicker again?

code:
autoDig = setInterval(function(){
    MD.dig(200+100*Math.random(), 200+100*Math.random())
}, 35);

autoQuarry = setInterval(function(){
    if (get("quarry-discovery").style.display == 'inline')
        MD.findQuarryReward();
}, 5*1000);

autoLearn = setInterval(function(){
    if (MD.getPopulation() == MD.getPopulationMax()) {
        MD.addScholars();
        $('#construct-dialog-10').dialog('close');
    }
}, 5*1000)

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Is Trimps/Realm Grinder still the go to, or what?

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
Steam SpacePlan is out.
Expanded content is sorta meh.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
Got started on Realm Grinder a little while back. Game is good! It's got a very nice rate of uncovering new facets of the game, and they all play pretty interesting (although I'm basically never touching the evil factions anymore except for unlocks.)

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

I'm stuck on R16, trying to get enough for my first unique building

Falcon2001
Oct 10, 2004

Eat your hamburgers, Apollo.
Pillbug

The Lord of Hats posted:

Got started on Realm Grinder a little while back. Game is good! It's got a very nice rate of uncovering new facets of the game, and they all play pretty interesting (although I'm basically never touching the evil factions anymore except for unlocks.)

Realm Grinder is probably one of the best designed idlers given the huge paradigm shifts you can go through and the fact that there's actual legitimate playstyle variances. That being said the new UI turned off a bunch of people (including me, honestly, even though I'm not like super mad about it) so it stopped getting as much traction here.

I'm going through Reactor Idle and Swarmsim right now and quite liking it. On Swarmsim I made it to Ascension for the first time this playaround and other than the remarkably slow energy buildup it's pretty fun and a good exponential growth system.

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

Steam SpacePlan is out.
Expanded content is sorta meh.

I just bought it so I could support the dev. A++ game.

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

space plan standalone has a memory leak for me and slows way down after a couple hours. still owns.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

The Lord of Hats posted:

At least as I've found it, just about every faction has a reason to play as it at some point or another in the game, which is really nice.

susan b buffering
Nov 14, 2016

I've been playing RG again after quitting a bit before the interface update. Just about to finish up R16 research and I'm glad that longer builds make sense now. Was getting a bit tired of how often I was abdicating/reincarnating with mercs :v:

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

skull mask mcgee posted:

I've been playing RG again after quitting a bit before the interface update. Just about to finish up R16 research and I'm glad that longer builds make sense now. Was getting a bit tired of how often I was abdicating/reincarnating with mercs :v:

"Please let lightning strike hit blacksmiths this time AW FOR FUCKS SAKE"

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

Emron posted:

"Please let lightning strike hit blacksmiths this time AW FOR FUCKS SAKE"

http://dox4242.github.io/rws/index.html

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Does this work with the iOS version?

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

Emron posted:

If the iOS version has a save export function that gives you a string, it should.

ijzer
Apr 12, 2013

it's friday i'm in love with ice cream

Emron posted:

it definitely works on android, so i assume ios works too. i did have a problem where selecting the entire save string was difficult, so if it doesn't work make sure you're not missing a chunk.

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011
Yeah, it works with ios. I downloaded it on my phone a while back and it's a real nice phone game. If I didn't already know the factions, and their ordering, by heart it would be annoying on the phone ui though.

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

i picked up clicker heroes again, is there an active clan still?

baram. fucked around with this message at 02:36 on May 6, 2017

Gandor
Apr 22, 2008
This game is pretty neat, was originally made for one of those game dev thingies in two days, but has been expanded and updated with more stuff: http://www.kongregate.com/games/Gumrok/revolution-idle-2

Only downside is that it's on kongregate but at least it's really scratchin my need for numbers itch. And the colors!! The only tip I can offer is that you need one million prestige multiplier to unlock promotions, and it's worth doing right away (pick the top left upgrade!).

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

Gandor posted:

This game is pretty neat, was originally made for one of those game dev thingies in two days, but has been expanded and updated with more stuff: http://www.kongregate.com/games/Gumrok/revolution-idle-2

Only downside is that it's on kongregate but at least it's really scratchin my need for numbers itch. And the colors!! The only tip I can offer is that you need one million prestige multiplier to unlock promotions, and it's worth doing right away (pick the top left upgrade!).

Second this, it's pretty fun for a while with the different prestige systems they added.

RVWinkle
Aug 24, 2004

In relating the circumstances which have led to my confinement within this refuge for the demented, I am aware that my present position will create a natural doubt of the authenticity of my narrative.
Nap Ghost
Tap Titans 2 had a pretty cool patch this week and our goon clan is still very active. Tap That Grenade is recruiting and you get a huge head start by simply joining with your fellow goons! Check it out if you're into dumb and free cell phone tapping games.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3801833

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice
I was enjoying Heart of Galaxy until I couldn't conquer any more planets because I can't make a strong enough fleet. But I can't make a stronger fleet until conquer more planets so I can make nanotubes. :negative:

Axiem
Oct 19, 2005

I want to leave my mind blank, but I'm terrified of what will happen if I do

Chakan posted:

Yeah, it works with ios. I downloaded it on my phone a while back and it's a real nice phone game. If I didn't already know the factions, and their ordering, by heart it would be annoying on the phone ui though.

This is the problem I'm having with it, where I don't really have any idea what anything does because it's so annoying to figure it out. I just keep mashing random things and hope something happens.

Though that also might be why I can't figure out how to reincarnate...

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011
You just need enough gems, the first reincarnation is 1 octillion.

The factions and their colors:

pink - Fairy (boost to first 3 buildings)
green - Elves (boost to faction coin rate)
light blue - Angel (boost to spells and mana regen)

tan - Titan (random bursts of huge gains)
brown - Druid (mana capacity and innovative builds)
blue purple - Faceless (time spent as faceless, incrementalism)

yellow green - Goblin (short, powerful gains, random rolls for large gains)
purple - Undead (slow and steady gains)
red - Demon (big boosts to top tier buildings)

Deep Blue - Dwarves (more buildings, growth over time
Maroon - Drow (mana regen grows over time, spell bonus to production grows with casts)

I can type up a thing about how I play or explain mechanics because I know the UI can be an uphill battle. but if you wanna play your own way, that's cool. I'm phoneposting so some of this is probably wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Axiem
Oct 19, 2005

I want to leave my mind blank, but I'm terrified of what will happen if I do
I'm currently working on getting Drow and Dwarves, but it's quite a slog for either of them.

Chakan posted:

You just need enough gems, the first reincarnation is 1 octillion.

Jeez. I only just hit 1e18 gems recently. I think it might still be a while...

quote:

innovative builds

I'm...not really sure what you mean by this? Should I not just get every upgrade and get as many of each building as I can?

quote:

blue purple - Faceless (time spent as faceless, incrementalism)

That probably explains why Faceless is the only faction that gets me in the e40's ranges.

quote:

I can type up a thing about how I play or explain mechanics because I know the UI can be an uphill battle. but if you wanna play your own way, that's cool. I'm phoneposting so some of this is probably wrong.

I've tried finding some guides, but they all seem to assume some entry-level knowledge I'm simply lacking in, or want me to do random things to get trophies, and I'm still in the phase of "I still don't understand why people say this game has depth. How do I shot web?"