Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

Trite, contrived, mediocre, milquetoast, amateurish, infantile, cliche-and-gonorrhea-ridden paean to conformism, eye-fucked me, affront to humanity, war crime, should *literally* be tried for war crimes, talentless fuckfest, pedantic, listless, savagely boring, just one repulsive laugh after another

But what will she grace Jack with?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

I do want to watch this, but I think they're overestimating how iconic these characters' legs are.

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.

Low Desert Punk posted:

Give us a report after you watch it, I've never actually talked with anyone else about it.

First thoughts: I love the intercutting of still photography in the opening of Mikadroid. Gave me vibes of The Terminator-meets-La Jetée.

Second thoughts: The poster, while great, doesn't really do it justice. (Neither does the overly long subtitle.) It's a simultaneously more spontaneous and restrained film. And it's not just B-movie economics, either. As it goes on, you begin to feel its pretenses progressively giving way to a very sober and even kind of jaded view of the concept. Ex: The film's version of Chekov's gun is that "The robo-soldier has a parachute." And then when the gun goes off, it's basically the equivalent of the robo-soldier farting. It does nothing and actually hammers home the nuance of the story that this 'unstoppable killing machine' is actually just a nightmarish stand-in for a regular old, 'expendable' imperial Japanese soldier.

Best shot:

Keith Haring had only died the year before.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Erebus posted:

Why do movie studios keep giving exclusive reveals to Entertainment Weekly when they always end up looking like poo poo?

https://twitter.com/Dammit_Mike/status/860174054191493121

The costumes and actors are what they are, but they're always shot as flat and goofy as possible to do them no favors.
Mmm, just how I like my Inhumans, looking indistinguishable from normal humans aside from goofy outfits.
e: Lockjaw played by Mr. Muggles from Heroes.

Darthemed fucked around with this message at 07:05 on May 6, 2017

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
Boy, they're really exciting and dynamic characters that will definitely be just as good and popular as the X-Men

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Improbable Lobster posted:

Boy, they're really exciting and dynamic characters that will definitely be just as good and popular as the X-Men

God, that's damning with faint praise considering how bad all the X-Men/Wolverine movies are.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
It's especially bad because Legion just wrapped up its first season and was a visual tour de force on top of being an amazing show that was also ostensibly an X-Men spinoff. When some people in vaguely anachronistic 60s clothing look more interesting than actual costumes you messed up somewhere along the line.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Guy Mann posted:

It's especially bad because Legion just wrapped up its first season and was a visual tour de force on top of being an amazing show that was also ostensibly an X-Men spinoff. When some people in vaguely anachronistic 60s clothing look more interesting than actual costumes you messed up somewhere along the line.

It's also bad when Shadow King managed to be sexier than Medusa and Crystal.

The MSJ fucked around with this message at 14:00 on May 6, 2017

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

flosofl posted:

God, that's damning with faint praise considering how bad all the X-Men/Wolverine movies are.

Inhumans is gonna be real bad

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Outside of Ms. Marvel and the dog, aren't all the Inhumans eugenics-practicing space-racists? You'd have to show them through the lense of them being morally-grey royals because they sure as gently caress aren't underdogs.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Inspector Gesicht posted:

Outside of Ms. Marvel and the dog, aren't all the Inhumans eugenics-practicing space-racists? You'd have to show them through the lense of them being morally-grey royals because they sure as gently caress aren't underdogs.

There's more of them that are not now, but yes mostly.

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...
To be fair, the eugenics thing is a recent development. Comics Backstory, a bunch of Inhumans banged some humans at some point in history, resulting in a bunch of secret Inhuman hybrids that are impossible to tell are different from humans. And the Inhumans have a giant cloud that, if it comes in contact with said descendants, turns them into full blown Inhumans with superpowers and such. This is very much an active effort to decrease the X-Men brand as Fox, and not Marvel Studios, holds the film rights.

In another Marketing Driven story line, it was retroactively revealed that the Inhuman's Cloud was actually killing mutants. And apparently any and all attempts at diplomatic resolution to the issue was met with, 'We Inhumans like our cloud, and you Mutants can suck it!', presumably with the only goal of wanting to kill off all of the X-Men. This lead to conflict, where the X-Men attempted to destroy the cloud, and the Inhumans fighting them to save it. It is very much a story designed only to sell comics, and wasn't very good. resolution was arbitrarily the Inhumans going 'Oh, our cloud was killing your Mutants? Oh, a thousand apologies. We will take care of this.' And the cloud was destroyed. It was, very much, not a good comic.

That aside, I might watch the show just cause I want to see Lockjaw. Who is a goodboy who I want to pet.

SomeJazzyRat fucked around with this message at 21:08 on May 6, 2017

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The stuff with the primitive slave class and exclusive selection of who's allowed to become a proper inhuman and get their powers goes way back.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
This got posted to Marvel's Defenders' Facebook site. Any bets on how long it stays up?

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.

Guy Goodbody posted:

This got posted to Marvel's Defenders' Facebook site. Any bets on how long it stays up?

No it didn't, you can see the stupid "@spideymcu" watermark in it showing it's from a fan page. A very obviously antisemitic one.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

GonSmithe posted:

No it didn't, you can see the stupid "@spideymcu" watermark in it showing it's from a fan page. A very obviously antisemitic one.

Official pages do share fan stuff sometimes.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

GonSmithe posted:

A fan owns https://www.facebook.com/marvelthedefenders/ ?

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.

Yes? Verified pages have check marks next to their name. Also, if you read the "About" section

quote:

Marvel's The Defenders premieres August 18 on Netflix.

A dedicated page for the heroes of New York. Not affiliated with Marvel.

https://www.facebook.com/defenders/ is the official page

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Actually yes. The real one is just /defenders

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Well nevermind then. I thought Facebook didn't allow that sort of thing.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
It's been like a year since I watched Daredevil S2. Does the costume REALLY look like that?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

It's been like a year since I watched Daredevil S2. Does the costume REALLY look like that?

That is the season 1 costume.

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck

After years of working near a TV blaring daytime television I have a Pavlovian response to the number 2:22.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GOvI76_hV2M

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 7 days!)

Guy Goodbody posted:

"should i move jessica's head so it reads JEWEL? Nah, people will understand what JEW means"

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

muscles like this! posted:

That is the season 1 costume.

I honestly don't even remember that.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

I honestly don't even remember that.

It was only in the last half of the last episode of season one

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.
The season 2 costume still looks like rear end too. Black scarf was great.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Peanut President posted:

"should i move jessica's head so it reads JEWEL? Nah, people will understand what JEW means"

You do realize that the whole thing is emphasizing "Evil", "Jew", and "Po Man", right?

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

feedmyleg posted:

You do realize that the whole thing is emphasizing "Evil", "Jew", and "Po Man", right?

Jessica Jones is Jewish?

Also, what's an Iro ist?

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 7 days!)

feedmyleg posted:

Is it on purpose?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I feel like it was meant to be a gif that was just saved under an unfortunate frame.

Ominous Jazz
Jun 15, 2011

Big D is chillin' over here
Wasteland style
are we gonna be this purposefully obtuse or what
here's a poster

EmptyVessel
Oct 30, 2012

And More posted:

Jessica Jones is Jewish?

Also, what's an Iro ist?

I read that as "Ironist"

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Ominous Jazz posted:

are we gonna be this purposefully obtuse or what
here's a poster

Is that a fan poster? Text at the top could have a better font.

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

davidspackage posted:

I don't think the English is official as it's title here is Spiral, but the artwork is at least from the official DVD.

I didn't actually realize Uzumaki/Spiral had been adapted until I looked this up. I guess it's probably not very good? Japanese live action manga adaptations never are...

Bugblatter fucked around with this message at 07:01 on May 8, 2017

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

davidspackage posted:

Seems legit. There are a bunch of versions in different languages. That first poster makes Uzumaki look like a Jean-Pierre Jeunet flick.

I feel these two are slightly more representative of the actual film.

While I'm at it, Exte is a great film with thematically similar posters:

These other posters are too decent. How about we tone it down a bit:

And More fucked around with this message at 07:26 on May 8, 2017

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

No ring, 2/5.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

Chris Knight posted:

No ring, 2/5.

uh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LonelyMudkip
Jul 19, 2016

Bugblatter posted:

I didn't actually realize Uzumaki/Spiral had been adapted until I looked this up. I guess it's probably not very good? Japanese live action manga adaptations never are...

It's been a while since I saw it, but I remember the visuals and direction being okay. Overall it's pretty bad, though. I think the movie was made before the manga was actually finished, which is always an issue.

Here's a poster to contribute, cause I like posting kiwi movies.

Man its been ages since I watched this, I wonder if it's as good as I remember it being.