Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

Lol, when did the on-color ultimate evos of the Late Bloomer dragons just Fafnir get 4 row enhances?

Every so often a JP guy (forgot who) does a bunch of pulls and they buff whatever he pulls. Fafnir was one of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maou shoujo
Apr 12, 2014

ニンゲンの表裏一体

UHD posted:

Every so often a JP guy (forgot who) does a bunch of pulls and they buff whatever he pulls. Fafnir was one of them.

That would be YamaP, the game's main director.

Fafnir was from the first time he did the YamaPull buffs, and the first set was a lot bigger than later buffs were. You might notice that it's not just G/G Fafnir, the other ults all have double killers. He was originally going to roll only once at someone's silly suggestion, and when he got Fafnir his reaction was "These things are still in the REM?" months before they actually got removed. He wound up rolling 5 times that time because all of the pulls were crap.

Many of the cards that got YamaPull buffs later saw other members of their series get buffs to match the pull buffs, but late bloomers are not among them. I wish they would get buffed, because as-is the late bloomers are bad bad bad bad bad bad cards.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

GoodBee posted:

Lol. That's what my friend was like when we made him a Revo Persephone team to run with my brother's DAthena.

He'd been kind of limping along using blue Sherias as lead with my or my brother's Revo Neptune, since he was his best leader that didn't need an evo and could bring pretty much any sub. We made him a Revo Persephone and put together a team that could work with DAthena. His team barely has any awakenings but he's still killing a bunch of stuff. If he gets to 750K MP, it's going to pretty hard to convince him to not buy DAthena even though his team would be Revo Persephone/Haku/Hamal/Zweihander.

We also got his Raoh ult evo'd and his Minerva Awoken.

Wait wait, is your friend's ign Razriael? Those leaders fit exactly with a rank 153 person that BFF'd me a couple of days ago.

GoodBee
Apr 8, 2004

Evil Fluffy posted:

Why would you try to convince him to not buy D.Athena? Sure the only really good sub there is Haku and Persephone but he'll still clear 99% of the content with those two and a pair of D.Athenas. Hamal at least provides double SBR and can clear poison orbs. Zweihander has... ummm, a pair of skill boosts and TPAs, with a 1.5x dmg boost active? :v:

How much more game can he clear with that DAthena team compared to his Revo Persephone team? I figured it wouldn't be too much more. I could be wrong.

SaffronKit posted:

Wait wait, is your friend's ign Razriael? Those leaders fit exactly with a rank 153 person that BFF'd me a couple of days ago.

Yeah, that's my friend. He noticed he had a new BFF and was going to BFF some random person on his friends list. Then I pointed out some of them hadn't played in forever and it wouldn't do him any good to BFF them. I had him send invites to people on my friends list and you were one of the first couple to accept his friend request.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

Teketeketeketeke posted:

The name seemed familiar so I checked and... I believe we're already BFFs :D

(Maybe it threw you or even others off when I said "dolphin here" - I simply was giving my status as IAPwhore, not giving my name)

BTW I highly recommend DAthena. 12/10 A+++++ would buy again.
Oooh poo poo we are yeah, haha. So many BFFs at this point. I'm like 70% of the way in my head to getting DAthena because I have fantastic dark mons and almost all the recommended inherits (Orochi/Indra, Susanoo, Ryune, Facet, etc) , but I'm the kind of RPG player who saves all his resources 'for emergencies' then never spends them so dropping 750k is making me pathological.

I wish I had a Lumiel. :(

edit 2: Also I didn't prepare my exp, Tamadras or farm my latents so she would sit in my box being weak and scrawny and gently caress that.

Pierson fucked around with this message at 11:27 on May 7, 2017

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX

GoodBee posted:

How much more game can he clear with that DAthena team compared to his Revo Persephone team? I figured it wouldn't be too much more. I could be wrong.

hmm yeah how much more could he clear with a good leader compared to a garbage tier trash can leader, i wonder, lol

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

How does the on-color assist boost work in rogues? Full benefits immediately or does it level up too?

e: On a related note, is Special Descend Rush just for Skill Delay Resists? I took a couple runs for MP before realizing that the lack of predra means I'd be better off chaining Nordis.

Sono fucked around with this message at 18:21 on May 7, 2017

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Presenting without comment

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
That's a lotta robots.

Thanks for the Arena advice. I managed to gently caress up on the 2nd turn and bring Kali to less than 5% health though.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

The amount of heras isn't what the pictures are for.

they're all max skilled

Chu020
Dec 19, 2005
Only Text
Sitting on close to 750000 MP and trying to figure out the best use of it. Finally got around to updating PADherder after the various PADlistener shenanigans on android 7. I've been fielding a Revo Minerva team (RMinerva/Gadius/ACaoCao/Antares/Tsubaki) with some success, with an APanda team as a backup. Haven't kept up too close on the meta but I think DAthena would be my best bet.

Box is here. Thoughts?

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

Chu020 posted:

Sitting on close to 750000 MP and trying to figure out the best use of it. Finally got around to updating PADherder after the various PADlistener shenanigans on android 7. I've been fielding a Revo Minerva team (RMinerva/Gadius/ACaoCao/Antares/Tsubaki) with some success, with an APanda team as a backup. Haven't kept up too close on the meta but I think DAthena would be my best bet.

Box is here. Thoughts?

DAthena.

You've got Haku, Eschamali, Typhana, Lumiel, Okuni, and Durga.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Typhana doesn't get anything from DAth (she's a good inherit, though).

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

they're all max skilled

HGH posted:

That's a lotta robots.

Televisio Frankus
Jun 8, 2010
If I were to use Izanagi, I assume that I should just sit on him until I can put together a team that can farm materials for Awoken Izanagi, right? Also finally beat the Hera normal dungeon then got wrecked on Two Heroes, so no Highlander for my green team yet.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Televisio Frankus posted:

If I were to use Izanagi, I assume that I should just sit on him until I can put together a team that can farm materials for Awoken Izanagi, right? Also finally beat the Hera normal dungeon then got wrecked on Two Heroes, so no Highlander for my green team yet.

I mean, if you can put together a team of just any decent God-types and have friend leaders who boost God-types, you should be able to clear Two Heroes and get the Descended mats you need for Awoken Izanagi with a 1st evo Izanagi lead.

A 3.5x multiplier that isn't contingent on orb setups or the color of your subs isn't bad at all for the level of content you're on, just try to bring at least one heartmaker of some kind (in case you get dunked by a pre-emptive attack) and save Izanagi's active for bosses.

Baku fucked around with this message at 23:25 on May 7, 2017

isndl
May 2, 2012
I WON A CONTEST IN TG AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS CUSTOM TITLE

wizard on a water slide posted:

A 3.5x multiplier that isn't contingent on orb setups or the color of your subs isn't bad at all for the level of content you're on, just try to bring at least one heartmaker of some kind (in case you get dunked by a pre-emptive attack) and save Izanagi's active for bosses.

He's in normals, there are no preemptives. :v:

3.5x means combo hard though, it's enough to clear trash floors but not one shot most mid bosses. Though maybe the power creep on base stats and awakenings has offset that by now.

Televisio Frankus
Jun 8, 2010

wizard on a water slide posted:

I mean, if you can put together a team of just any decent God-types and have friend leaders who boost God-types, you should be able to clear Two Heroes and get the Descended mats you need for Awoken Izanagi with a 1st evo Izanagi lead.

I should have enough god types to put together a decent enough team, just need to wait for the keepers daily so I can stock up on light keepers again and evolve Izanagi. My best team for it right now would probably be Izanagi/RHaku/LIsis/Ult. Apocalypse/either Ult. Allura or 1st evo Osiris.

GoodBee
Apr 8, 2004

isndl posted:

He's in normals, there are no preemptives. :v:

3.5x means combo hard though, it's enough to clear trash floors but not one shot most mid bosses. Though maybe the power creep on base stats and awakenings has offset that by now.

I think it probably does. Didn't that dungeon first appear pre-awakenings? That was before I started playing.

If he can clear it once, it's really easy to run in Challenge Mode with a 3x leader. Even easier with maxed out goon friends as subs.

Sassmined
Aug 18, 2009

Paul Zuvella posted:

Dark Athena is pretty cool, guys.

277,822,996 damage.

I tried to add you using that number and then felt like an idiot.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Pretty glad I still had an unleveled non plussed Dantalion on my friends list somewhere. Whew

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing

Not all +297, not all fully Awoken, please get out with your garbage waifu parade

Kilson
Jan 16, 2003

I EAT LITTLE CHILDREN FOR BREAKFAST !!11!!1!!!!111!

boo_radley posted:

Not all +297, not all fully Awoken, please get out with your garbage waifu parade

Not sure how you think they got to max skill without being max awoken.

isndl
May 2, 2012
I WON A CONTEST IN TG AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS CUSTOM TITLE

Kilson posted:

Not sure how you think they got to max skill without being max awoken.

They were all skilled with Badpys! :shepface:

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

GoodBee posted:

I think it probably does. Didn't that dungeon first appear pre-awakenings? That was before I started playing.

If he can clear it once, it's really easy to run in Challenge Mode with a 3x leader. Even easier with maxed out goon friends as subs.
Two Heroes was literally the stepping stone into Hera for my Isis team with a Horus friend, so that's 3x and 4x for a total of 12x, ever so slightly less than two 3.5 paired. 2014 nostalgia :allears:

(seriously, he can plink the mystic mask down and stall on the other two for skills if he needs to - get something with a laser inherit or just bring an Ilmina friend and that'll kill one of the two at the end right away as well)

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

figured I'd give one roll on the heroine machine per account just in case I got incredibly lucky and pulled uruka or something

mito, mito. yea that's about what I expected. honestly it'd probably have been better to roll twice on the god carnival if I had to spend the stones at all, but w/e

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX
well one mito is great, she is the only card in the game that can be latent awokened to do 30x killer damage (ignoring multi type killer cards on multi type enemies) and it's on a useful type, devil

it comes useful in a lot of niche areas like ranking dungeons and ganesha setups, it's pretty insane damage on devils and i made one on both of my accounts

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I rolled mito twice per account last time heroines was around

maou shoujo
Apr 12, 2014

ニンゲンの表裏一体

Zo posted:

well one mito is great, she is the only card in the game that can be latent awokened to do 30x killer damage (ignoring multi type killer cards on multi type enemies) and it's on a useful type, devil

it comes useful in a lot of niche areas like ranking dungeons and ganesha setups, it's pretty insane damage on devils and i made one on both of my accounts

One time in 3p Descend rush I encounted a Fenrir player. His team was Fenrir/Viz/Viz/Viz/Mito/friend, all of them had Aten inherits, and he was a god at both comboing and damage control. He carried us through the run , one-shot Nyarlathotep after someone else cleared the sticky blind, and Mito did most of the damage in the OHKO. It was amazing.

So yeah, almost everything has a use in this game if you understand why and are clever. Mito is solid.

YerDa Zabam
Aug 13, 2016

"Main" (soon to be given back, boo) - Romia

Alt (soon to become main)- Julie, Momiji, Mito

No idea how good these are tbh, bar the above Mito info

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Said gently caress it and rolled once since we're getting plenty of stones this month:

Elgenubi / Fire Eschamali.

My first non-terrible collab roll in years???

Happy Noodle Boy fucked around with this message at 10:34 on May 8, 2017

Munkaboo
Aug 5, 2002

If you know the words, you can join in too
He's bigger! faster! stronger too!
He's the newest member of the Jags O-Line crew!
Momiji and Uruka.

Wait doesn't Uruka do the same thing as Fujin?

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

I had 20 stones, figured I'd spend them because why the gently caress not.

:stonk:

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

fujin ignores damage absorb shields (ie, sopdet) and has a 1 turn haste; uruka is a dkali board and ignores damage absorb shields

Munkaboo
Aug 5, 2002

Does anybody use her dark version for Dathena? I already have Fujin.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

she seems like she'd be a pretty solid sub choice unless you already have 3 haku's or something

TheQuietWilds
Sep 8, 2009
7 rolls, nothing worth reporting :(

Munkaboo
Aug 5, 2002

Manatee Cannon posted:

she seems like she'd be a pretty solid sub choice unless you already have 3 haku's or something

Running haku x2, Loki, Persephone right now.

maou shoujo
Apr 12, 2014

ニンゲンの表裏一体

Adolf Glitter posted:

"Main" (soon to be given back, boo) - Romia

Alt (soon to become main)- Julie, Momiji, Mito

No idea how good these are tbh, bar the above Mito info

Romia's 7x6 LS is useful, she's not the strongest 7x6 out there but it's a useful gimmick. She's also a great sub for Acalanatha with her Zuoh active and lots of fingers.

Julie is a good leader, 4/56.25/1.77 if you consider her shield LS as HP/RCV. She has a wide subpool when you can run both blue and green cards after ulting. I like her a lot for farming A3, she's the leader who finally made that dungeon fun for me. Her Balboa active is also useful in 3-player Arena, as you really really really will want a defense void to deal with Metatron.

Momiji's awakenings as a base are kinda meh, but her active is excellent. Tricolor board changes that have Heart as one of the colors will never go out of style. Even if you don't find room for her as a direct sub, she's still an excellent inherit for any green or light team that can still activate their LS afterwards. Myr for instance, there's still plenty of people using her, or in JP 3p I see people using Momiji for Yog-Sothoth. Good card she is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Said gently caress it and rolled once since we're getting plenty of stones this month:

Elgenubi / Fire Eschamali.

My first non-terrible collab roll in years???
I use the hell out of my Elgenubi, but I'm one of those weirdos who still uses shivadra sometimes.