Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Yeah, like Sony pretty much just launched the Pro and VR. They're dumb but I still thinking even they know they have to wait a bit. It's not like there's anything rushing them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I think it's more likely that we'll get a street date for God of W4r to compete with Scorpio.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Sakurazuka posted:

There's never gonna be a PS5, just a slightly better version of 4 every couple of years.

Nah everyone wants to be iphone with like 6 and 6s and then 7.

I would not be surprised to hear about ps5 next year. I think this year would be premature

Real hurthling! fucked around with this message at 14:34 on May 8, 2017

Schremp Howard
Jul 18, 2010

What attitude problem?

exquisite tea posted:

I think it's more likely that we'll get a street date for God of W4r to compete with Scorpio.

Sony will go nuclear on the scorpio by unleashing wave after wave of exclusives.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Ineffiable posted:

Something about look lag right? The ps4 unfortunately is the inferior edition of this game on all platforms at the moment.

The dead zones are also microscopic. Any other game, just resting my thumb would be fined thus game, I'm constantly slowly drifting sideways....

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

exquisite tea posted:

The Scorpio will be advertised with all of maybe 2-3 exclusives at launch, a relatively-obscene price point that people will balk at, and Microsoft really hoping people will play Halo 5 and Gears of War 4 on it.

Sony will just rock out a line of 10-20+ new titles and deliver a brutally cruel burn to Microsoft at their presentation for the fun of it.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

exquisite tea posted:

Just what the world needs, another lovely GoW.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

GoW was my favorite Starcraft map.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

It's no DBZ Sagas.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Are MS going forward with making games that only work on the Scorpio despite the backlash when they inferred they might do that and the later assurance they totally weren't doing that?

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Prey seems pretty long to me, I'm exploring and clearing out areas and running back to the recycler with all my banana peals. Think early in a fallout game where you are selling bottles and pencils type looting. I have only seen about half the areas and about 15 hours in.

Again, combat is shiiiiiiit. Even setting up a good trap I QUICKSAVE start an encounter die immediately QUICKLOAD trap works this time I win without taking damage. Sometimes it takes 3 or 4 try's, but I know this is how the combat system works, I'm not doing anything wrong it just works or doesn't. Its weird. It really is me just trying to get through the bullshit to get to the exploring and microstory bits, which are gold.

Some exploring stuff annoys me because while you can sneak into a lot of places early, theres plenty of locks that are keycard only and you cant sequence break there because plot and it feels very out of place to the rest of the level design.
Also because its made to be completable by any build you can get anywhere by exploring. So I will scale a wall, hack a door and lift a giant cargo crate out of the way to feel badass getting to a spot, and then immediately find a sticky note that unlocked the elevator.

So I spent lots of points to explore...because I like to explore, but since Im exploring so much I end up not needing those skills.

Pro tip: DONT READ IF YOU WANT TO FIGURE OUT COOL SYSTEMS ON YOUR OWN Those things you cant lift all get destroyed by a recycler grenade. you can save 13 upgrade points by burning a grenade to get past blocked doors.
The toy crossbow tells you it works on switches, it works on computer screens too...

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
I enjoyed DBZ Sagas.

MZ
Apr 21, 2004

Excuse me while I kiss the sky.

Schremp Howard posted:

Sony will go nuclear on the scorpio by unleashing wave after wave of exclusives.

Sony has nothing to worry about. At this point it's hard to understand who the Scorpio is for.
MS already broke free of XOne by putting all it's exclusives on PC, so I can't understand why the Scorpio is shackled to it's predecessor (aren't they saying you should be able to play all your XOne games on Scorpio and vice-versa?).
I Imagine it's only a matter of time before they ditch that claim and have Scorpio-only games. It's going to be very expensive - it'll have to be to hit native 4k60fps - but unless MS have something up it's sleeve the software library has nothing going for it apart from Forza.
They should have accepted defeat with XOne and jumped fully into a new generation.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Neddy Seagoon posted:

The Scorpio will be advertised with all of maybe 2-3 exclusives at launch, a relatively-obscene price point that people will balk at, and Microsoft really hoping people will play Halo 5 and Gears of War 4 on it.

Sony will just rock out a line of 10-20+ new titles and deliver a brutally cruel burn to Microsoft at their presentation for the fun of it.

I thought everything on xbone going forward was for windows 10 as well?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Bombadilillo posted:

I thought everything on xbone going forward was for windows 10 as well?

They're on Windows 10, but a bunch of them have apparently been pretty buggy as poo poo :v:.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Neddy Seagoon posted:

They're on Windows 10, but a bunch of them have apparently been pretty buggy as poo poo :v:.

So on par with every other PC game.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

I think the XBox is just going to become a proprietary Win10 gaming machine while never saying it in those exact words.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Two palaces down, kind of silly how much easier the second was than the first. Still have way too much I feel like I need to do with no time to do any of it.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Nephzinho posted:

Two palaces down, kind of silly how much easier the second was than the first. Still have way too much I feel like I need to do with no time to do any of it.

The first palace was by far the hardest for me. And the time management gets a little easier as you go along, leveling up certain confidants gives you abilities that help out

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I found the first palace to mostly be a breeze and I'm just starting the second. Disappointing to know it'll be easier

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Pablo Gigante posted:

The first palace was by far the hardest for me. And the time management gets a little easier as you go along, leveling up certain confidants gives you abilities that help out

Right now I'm just trying to focus on relationships I have a Persona bonus for, taking advantage of things that get bonuses for Rain, etc. Just hard when there are multiple good choices. That and making sure to grind in Palaces until I'm bored/out of SP - both of my trips into Palace 2 I was done with progress well before running out of energy and was bored of grinding (plus only seemed to get a level above what was "natural").

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

I found persona 5 to be noticably easier than P3, which is the only other one i've played. Don't know how much of that is the game or just me having prior experience with the series.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

So when people are talking about how bad the controls are in Prey, are they talking about input lag? Like there's an actual delay between joystick movement and screen movement? Because I really can't tell the difference between this and any other first-person game I've played on the PS4. Like, I have about as much trouble aiming as I did in Resident Evil 7

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

P5 is much easier than other personas. I havent hit anything i would call a level check yet at all and im on the true ending boss.

MZ posted:

Sony has nothing to worry about. At this point it's hard to understand who the Scorpio is for.
MS already broke free of XOne by putting all it's exclusives on PC, so I can't understand why the Scorpio is shackled to it's predecessor (aren't they saying you should be able to play all your XOne games on Scorpio and vice-versa?).
I Imagine it's only a matter of time before they ditch that claim and have Scorpio-only games. It's going to be very expensive - it'll have to be to hit native 4k60fps - but unless MS have something up it's sleeve the software library has nothing going for it apart from Forza.
They should have accepted defeat with XOne and jumped fully into a new generation.

They sold their fans a 150 dollar controller they will buy anything

uncle w benefits
Nov 1, 2010

hi, it's me, your uncle

Scorps posted:

I can't wait to play 3 games worth of DLC when we climb the Shinra tower, I hope they add some kind of stamina endurance minigame or make me stop to cook food for my team

Maybe they will use Rachael Ray products instead of Coleman

Scorps
Feb 24, 2008

Oh, lighten up Mr. Dooms-and-Gloom, "embezzle" is metal.
Been playing NieR: Automata all weekend and loving it, finished Route A and just got fast travel back on Route B, really enjoying all the small differences and trying to guess what the next Routes will be like. The main complaint I have though is the game just seems super unoptimized and has a ton of FPS drop and occasional choppiness that gives me a headache :(

How much better does it run on the Pro? Not thinking of upgrading just curious if it's remedied at all, I'm going to complete the game either way but I have to take breaks pretty frequently and let my eyes rest for some reason with that game that just doesn't happen with others. It seems insanely bright also. I originally had an issue with the vignetting but that seems to have faded and now it's just straight up frame tearing that gets to me.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Does a much better job of sticking to 60 but still drops sometimes. Doesn't help with the aesthetic decision to make the entire game the same color, though.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Real hurthling! posted:

P5 is much easier than other personas. I havent hit anything i would call a level check yet at all and im on the true ending boss.

They sold their fans a 150 dollar controller they will buy anything

A $150 controller that works on every game they already have. They're gonna try to get their only market, people who already own an XBone, to buy a second one for what could be anywhere up to twice the price of the original (probably like 1/3rd or 1/2 the price on top of the original, realistically). That poo poo is not going to fly, it is going to fall out of the nest and traumatize small children when it hits the ground dead.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Scorps posted:

Been playing NieR: Automata all weekend and loving it, finished Route A and just got fast travel back on Route B, really enjoying all the small differences and trying to guess what the next Routes will be like. The main complaint I have though is the game just seems super unoptimized and has a ton of FPS drop and occasional choppiness that gives me a headache :(

How much better does it run on the Pro? Not thinking of upgrading just curious if it's remedied at all, I'm going to complete the game either way but I have to take breaks pretty frequently and let my eyes rest for some reason with that game that just doesn't happen with others. It seems insanely bright also. I originally had an issue with the vignetting but that seems to have faded and now it's just straight up frame tearing that gets to me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRlGlMMn830

In summary: A Pro can reach 60fps @ 1080 but Nier has hitching and slowdown problems on all platforms.

Scorps
Feb 24, 2008

Oh, lighten up Mr. Dooms-and-Gloom, "embezzle" is metal.
drat that sucks, looks like I'll just push through it since I am enjoying the game quite a bit I'll just continue to break it up into shorter pieces. I picked up Odin Sphere over the weekend also and only tried a short bit of it but I really think I'm going to like that as well, seemed like a really tightly controlling fun brawler RPG. Now I just need to stop buying games until I finish my current shortlist which continues to grow longer.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Real hurthling! posted:

I'm doing to go back to P4G after P5, it has been on my to do list for years.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Nephzinho posted:

I'm doing to go back to P4G after P5, it has been on my to do list for years.

Enjoy

Neddy Seagoon posted:

A $150 controller that works on every game they already have. They're gonna try to get their only market, people who already own an XBone, to buy a second one for what could be anywhere up to twice the price of the original (probably like 1/3rd or 1/2 the price on top of the original, realistically). That poo poo is not going to fly, it is going to fall out of the nest and traumatize small children when it hits the ground dead.

I agree but It will sell as mainly a trade in unit like pro

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Nephzinho posted:

Two palaces down, kind of silly how much easier the second was than the first.

I think that's true for Persona in general. The first dungeon is the hardest to get through, but with a little bit of early grinding until your characters can't go on any further for that session everything will fall into place later on. I needed two trips to get to the end of the first palace, but since then I've been able to get through them in the minimum number of trips.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I still need to finish my playthrough of P3P. Lady protag is so much better that I wish they always had they option, even if it would make the best friend/sidekick character even worse in every game if how Junpei comes off is any indication. Hell, I'd bet playing a girl would make Teddie come off way less likable

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Paracelsus posted:

I think that's true for Persona in general. The first dungeon is the hardest to get through, but with a little bit of early grinding until your characters can't go on any further for that session everything will fall into place later on. I needed two trips to get to the end of the first palace, but since then I've been able to get through them in the minimum number of trips.

Same. I was able to bulldoze through most of the dungeons even without the SP-regen accessories, but in the first Palace, if an enemy got a pre-emptive strike on me all I could was think "oh Lord, down I go."

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
Are you guys playing persona 5 on hard? Because that's normal rpg difficulty mode. I'm barely in palace 3 but I've more or less been on my toes for 50 percent of the fights because I can get easily wiped out if I get even a little careless.

I don't know if I'd say it's harder than p4 or p3 on hard, but it's not the cake walk yall seem to imply it is. I really have to think about my skills, personas, and party members to avoid getting a game over (or grind), especially during the second half of any given palace.

I also seem to be perpetually underleveled by one or two levels when comparing myself to the average player level in any given day, even though I try to kill a ton of enemies and spend more than 3 or 4 days in any palace (sp management is lame).

Don't not play on hard.

Schpyder
Jun 13, 2002

Attackle Grackle

So I've got a three-ish week old Pro, after skipping this console generation so far, on which I've been mostly playing P5, Horizon, and Bloodborne (with TLOU Remastered waiting in the wings). Great games all.

Is it bad that since I picked up both Gravity Rush games on the Golden Week sale they're literally all I want to play now? I just finished GRR last night and am already several hours into GR2 and they've got their hooks into me something fierce.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

KingSlime posted:

Are you guys playing persona 5 on hard? Because that's normal rpg difficulty mode. I'm barely in palace 3 but I've more or less been on my toes for 50 percent of the fights because I can get easily wiped out if I get even a little careless.

I don't know if I'd say it's harder than p4 or p3 on hard, but it's not the cake walk yall seem to imply it is. I really have to think about my skills, personas, and party members to avoid getting a game over (or grind), especially during the second half of any given palace.

Don't not play on hard.

I didn't have any trouble on hard after the first palace. The only time I died was to a unlucky Hama.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

the first dungeon of p5 is probably the hardest in any of 3-5

3 and 4 are very easy games from the start. just having free healing is a huge downgrade in difficulty

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
Weird, I'm currently level 27 and at the third palace boss.

Any encounters with shadows at or slightly above my level can quickly end my poo poo, and I start sweating bullets if I don't de-buff them or target their weaknesses because 2-3 well-placed hits will absolutely kill my MC. Maybe I'm just a little under leveled but my experience so far has been "save often cuz you gon die."