Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

He will spread chaos and destruction among humanity, favoring fellow Cybertronians over them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZltN-ibTaQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.
He totally crushed that kid's play structure on purpose. Dude is clearly still pissed about Oreobot.

whiter than a Wilco show
Mar 30, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I know that this is the thread for adults to talk about a poorly made toy advert from thirty years ago, but could we please dial the autism down enough to still at least show up on the spectrum Mr razorsaw?

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

whiter than a Wilco show posted:

I know that this is the thread for adults to talk about a poorly made toy advert from thirty years ago, but could we please dial the autism down enough to still at least show up on the spectrum Mr razorsaw?

eat poo poo, rear end in a top hat. Like, for real, gently caress off and don't post here again.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I actually do have autism, thank you.

whiter than a Wilco show
Mar 30, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

DoctorWhat posted:

eat poo poo, rear end in a top hat. Like, for real, gently caress off and don't post here again.

Tough as heck.

whiter than a Wilco show
Mar 30, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

TFRazorsaw posted:

I wasn't aware, and apologize for being a dick in a specific and on the nose way.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Please go back to GBS if you're going to be a worthless, snipey, contributionless shitposter like this.

edit:

whiter than a Wilco show posted:

I wasn't aware, and apologize for being a dick in a specific and on the nose way.
well that was unexpected.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

If you want to apologize, don't use it on anyone ever again. Don't use it as a synonym for petulance, or any other behavior you don't care for, fandom or otherwise. Don't use it or any other words for things people actually are as insults, whether they're neurodivergent or mentally ill or not.

I won't tell you to get out like everyone else but seriously just. Stop.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

TFRazorsaw posted:

As do I

really wish people would stop using autism/autistic as an insult, there's like a dozen other words one could use to get the same intent across and not be insulting a group that probably makes up a sizable minority on this site

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

SlothfulCobra posted:

Well right now there's Starscream, Soundwave hanging out with Optimus Prime, and Megatron, although he might not count technically anymore. I think the implication right now is that reintegration on Cybertron has gone pretty well, although there are an indefinite amount of Decepticon groups and outposts scattered throughout the galaxy still.

Basically I want more Megatron stuff, but with a bot that isn't Megatron.

I will also admit that I haven't read the last two months of comics due to budgeting, so maybe my issues are getting addressed.

whiter than a Wilco show
Mar 30, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

TFRazorsaw posted:

If you want to apologize, don't use it on anyone ever again. Don't use it as a synonym for petulance, or any other behavior you don't care for, fandom or otherwise. Don't use it or any other words for things people actually are as insults, whether they're neurodivergent or mentally ill or not.

I won't tell you to get out like everyone else but seriously just. Stop.

Understandable and fair enough.

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

So Sky Lynx arrived yesterday, and he is cool and good.
The back feet are a bit crap, but i knew about that going in. His neck is really loose too though.

Also, went to a TRU and found myself a Gnaw.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

mehall posted:

So Sky Lynx arrived yesterday, and he is cool and good.
The back feet are a bit crap, but i knew about that going in. His neck is really loose too though.

Also, went to a TRU and found myself a Gnaw.

With Gnaw turning up in Wave 4 too, we're going to be drowning in them. Which isn't too bad for an army builder. Might still get the Japanese variant at some point for all the pretty colours.

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

The_Doctor posted:

With Gnaw turning up in Wave 4 too, we're going to be drowning in them. Which isn't too bad for an army builder. Might still get the Japanese variant at some point for all the pretty colours.

Was hoping to find a perceptor too, but don't think it's hit UK shelves yet.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

mehall posted:

Was hoping to find a perceptor too, but don't think it's hit UK shelves yet.

Smyths keeps promising it, but it's 'Expected 2017' which I find vague and unconvincing.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
drat I saw like 40 new posts and I thought some cool new Transformer got announced or something. Then I'm saddened to come in here and find that not the case, but it was just someone being a loving rear end in a top hat. :negative:

Also, I really wish Wave 4 would hit my local Walgreens/Target/Meijer. I just see a ton of Triggerhappys and Twinfernos.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

People have started seeing Wave 4 at Target in Nebraska.

https://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/transformers-titans-return-wave-4-deluxe-figures-found-at-big-box-us-retail/38053/

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

With Octane and Blitzwing I'm willing to bet on my country's batshit insane store distribution: we skipped a lot of CW waves and even size classes but somehow the stores were drowning in Skylynxes and Onslaughts so maybe I'll see them one of these days.

Then again there's the movie coming so it'll probably be an endless mountain of TLK wave 1, forever.

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

Oh man I can almost drive there, I'm sure Topspin sells out first

strangehamster fucked around with this message at 15:59 on May 9, 2017

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

picked up TR Megatron and with an Autobot sticker he'll be a perfect fit for my IDW collection. Just a great triple-changer with perfect proportions for Comics Megatron.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool
I got Skyshadow the other day and aside from him pinching the poo poo out of me when turning him into a jet, he is very cool and fun. The tank mode can be a bit of a bitch if you get the legs on just right but nothing too bad. Real good looking Japanese robot dude, like you can just tell he is from an 80s mech anime.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Good Listener posted:

like you can just tell he is from an 80s mech anime.

It's his Galactus horns and shoulder cannons.

I've only seen one wave 4 deluxe, and oddly enough it was Topspin. He was gone the next day. I didn't get him cause I just play with my TFs so infrequently any more, it didn't feel right adding another one to the pile that wasn't a total standout for one reason or another.

Meanwhile I've been going through my display case and reminding myself how good some of these guys were. I got DOTM Skyhammer out again. Holy poo poo, that is a good Transformer. It's a real shame he's only ever been remolded as Creepy Face Drift.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

i wish Skyhammer had thigh swivels, he's so nearly perfect.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
This drat movie is trying to trick me into being interested in watching it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GyCujMv8muQ

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

TF Legends is releasing Brawn, Kickback, and Triggerhappy.

Like other legends-class toys in the Legends line, Kickback and Brawn come with Headmasters. Brawn comes with Repugnus, but Kickback comes with "Crowbar".

Who could that be, I wonder? I mean, Crowbar is a Decepticon from DOTM, but I doubt it's him.

EDIT - also, Triggerhappy is listed as a Target Master, so he'll probably have a new mold gun buddy like Hot Rodimus and Chear.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Gammatron 64 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GyCujMv8muQ

I get why the tank is losing parts when he transforms, but why is Not Rod?

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

It amazes me how will have that moment where, in spite of this being the fifth movie, we ask "Why does stupid thing happen? wtf, movie?"

Then you remember: Movie, Stupid.

TFRazorsaw posted:

Who could that be, I wonder? I mean, Crowbar is a Decepticon from DOTM, but I doubt it's him.
That's actually really weird, I feel like they haven't run out of headmasters to reference, but maybe they did?

I mean they've only released what, five or six of the legends and there's tons of headmaster juniors?

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

There's like six.

and they already released Bullhorn, Cancer, and Go-Shooter. They could still do Minerva and Cab but no TM mold exists that suits them. That just leaves Wilder from Fangry.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons

Phy posted:

It's his Galactus horns and shoulder cannons.

His face also reminds me of Voltron. I think it's the lines and the yellow eyes.

Spiderdrake posted:

It amazes me how will have that moment where, in spite of this being the fifth movie, we ask "Why does stupid thing happen? wtf, movie?"

Then you remember: Movie, Stupid.

I saw the trailer in the theater the other day for it and I woulda thrown popcorn if there weren't people in front of me. As I've said before, sooooo not a fan. Especially when the trailer had maybe 20 seconds of identifiable* robots out of the 2 or 3 mins it lasted.

*Identifiable meaning Optimus, Bumblebee and maybe Grimlock and Megatron???

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Gammatron 64 posted:

That trailer did nothing for me. Is it just me, or does the talking bit between the two humans feel weird? Like it's edited too tight.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

The_Doctor posted:

Beats me. Why does anything happen in these movies?

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

Maybe they're finally getting close to meeee

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

I was lucky to see Krok, Quake and Topspin in the wild but sadly no Kup or Perceptor

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I'll rip out your optics!

Gammatron 64 posted:

I was lucky to see Krok, Quake and Topspin in the wild but sadly no Kup or Perceptor

FYI - casepack for these is 2 Kup, 2 Perceptor, 2 Topspin, 1 Krok, 1 Quake

edit for clarity

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
It's very tempting to not pick up a Quake if only cuz man those colors look real nice. Also Hardhead is good already which is also why I'm like ehh do I need another? Especially when it's the same general tank mode.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

The_Doctor posted:

I think those are Laura Haddock's stuff.

Any bets on whether deluxe Hot Rod will be a Bumblebee remolded into a Lamborghini or a Lockdown remolded to resemble Bumblebee?

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Good Listener posted:

It's very tempting to not pick up a Quake if only cuz man those colors look real nice. Also Hardhead is good already which is also why I'm like ehh do I need another? Especially when it's the same general tank mode.

The answer is: Yes, of course.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons

pubic works project posted:

poo poo. I think you're right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

pubic works project posted:

drat it, I thought I only had Topspin left from this wave to get.