Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
Any suggestions for the fight against Meta Claws For Hands girl? I got past the first bar with MHXA but her second and third bars Mashu died on me and everything fell apart. I'm trying Mashu-Waver-Merlin now for stall.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I'm only at like 38 missions complete, though I have probably 10+ that are really close to being finished.

In terms of efficiency for grinding the event currency, is it better to use the CE that gives +1 to drops, or to use on of the CEs that increase the appearance rate of certain enemies (which I'm assuming can increase the total number of trash enemies you encounter?)?

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
I believe I'm at 63 or 64/100 missions done. Having Melt around really helps, although I wish my support list had Passionlip so I can take care of Rider/Caster/Assassin mobs more easily.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Ytlaya posted:

I'm only at like 38 missions complete, though I have probably 10+ that are really close to being finished.

In terms of efficiency for grinding the event currency, is it better to use the CE that gives +1 to drops, or to use on of the CEs that increase the appearance rate of certain enemies (which I'm assuming can increase the total number of trash enemies you encounter?)?

Drop CE if you need more chips, enemy spawner CE to get those missions done.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.

Compendium posted:

I believe I'm at 63 or 64/100 missions done. Having Melt around really helps, although I wish my support list had Passionlip so I can take care of Rider/Caster/Assassin mobs more easily.

If you have a Saetri on your friend list, I can swap out my Melt for a Lip. Although Lip's NP isn't that great damage wise.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

EPIC fat guy vids posted:

I decided to stop playing and wait for the Engrish release.

I'm not sure if it's ok to post that here but if anyone wants an account with these things, I'd gladly transfer it to you, just PM me.

- Nero Bride
- Scathach (Lancer and Swimsuit)
- Lancelot Saber
- Medusa Avenger
- Fenrir
- Zhuge Liang
- Camilla
- Ozymandias
- Saber Alter
- A bunch of Kaleidoscopes and other event stuff like santa skins and Nobunaga.

sent you a pm

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Raenir Salazar posted:

Any suggestions for the fight against Meta Claws For Hands girl? I got past the first bar with MHXA but her second and third bars Mashu died on me and everything fell apart. I'm trying Mashu-Waver-Merlin now for stall.

You're using the wrong classes. Alter Egos do 1.5x damage to Casters, Riders, Assassins and the usual Berserkers, but only 0.5x to Sabers, Archers and Lancers. Bring a knight class team and her NP won't do enough to kill them, the BB Slots heal per turn should take care of the rest. (Bring servants with evade if you want some insurance)
I used friend Bride, Liz, Orion (I wanted to take advantage of Liz's double charisma bonus forgetting that Orion counts as male) and Kuro, Robin and Cu in the backrow. Robin and Cu didn't even get a chance to play, and Kuro only showed up for the last half bar or so.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy

Endorph posted:

sent you a pm

Generated a new code and sent you a PM.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Kyte posted:

You're using the wrong classes. Alter Egos do 1.5x damage to Casters, Riders, Assassins and the usual Berserkers, but only 0.5x to Sabers, Archers and Lancers. Bring a knight class team and her NP won't do enough to kill them, the BB Slots heal per turn should take care of the rest. (Bring servants with evade if you want some insurance)
I used friend Bride, Liz, Orion (I wanted to take advantage of Liz's double charisma bonus forgetting that Orion counts as male) and Kuro, Robin and Cu in the backrow. Robin and Cu didn't even get a chance to play, and Kuro only showed up for the last half bar or so.

Thanks! Though it turned out that Mashu-Merlin-Waver did in fact out healed her ridiculous amounts of damage. :D

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012
Personally speaking, I'm hoping the events cool off in difficulty for a bit. Ever since Camelot, I feel like I've been massively punching above my weight (last night I beat Meltlilith), and there's only so long that can go on.

Certainly doesn't help I have absolutely miserable gacha luck, which means armies of 5-stars making fights simple is simply beyond my ability.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Sylphid posted:

Personally speaking, I'm hoping the events cool off in difficulty for a bit. Ever since Camelot, I feel like I've been massively punching above my weight (last night I beat Meltlilith), and there's only so long that can go on.

Certainly doesn't help I have absolutely miserable gacha luck, which means armies of 5-stars making fights simple is simply beyond my ability.

I feel like a lot of content (or at least the full extent of the content) is being tailored towards people with a bunch of 4/5* servants, since those are the people who spend money on the game.

It definitely does seem like some content would be a huge pain in the rear end with weaker servants, since even with a bunch of 5* I struggle to beat some fights without using the command seal revive. The events seem generally easier than Camelot/Babylon, though, at least in frequency of difficult fights.

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012

Ytlaya posted:

I feel like a lot of content (or at least the full extent of the content) is being tailored towards people with a bunch of 4/5* servants, since those are the people who spend money on the game.

It definitely does seem like some content would be a huge pain in the rear end with weaker servants, since even with a bunch of 5* I struggle to beat some fights without using the command seal revive. The events seem generally easier than Camelot/Babylon, though, at least in frequency of difficult fights.

I'm using more Quartz to revive than I thought I would, but when you're not getting anything out of gacha, might as well. It's very frustrating, but that's also why I'm not fighting the final boss of this event before I debuff her fully and even get the right to use Command Spell / Quartz to revive. I have a very antagonistic relationship with the game. Love / hate would also be appropriate.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
Or if you didn't grail your servants?

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
I haven't grailed any, dunno who I want to grail.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Can't go wrong with wellfare servant.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Grail whoever you want to marry the most

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Compendium posted:

Grail whoever you want to marry the most

*BREATH HEAVILY*

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I've grailed Cu Lancer, Lancelot Saber, and Lancelot Berserker to 90. I decided to do the last one after failing to get Cu Alter and figuring he's good enough as a Buster Berserker substitute.

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

...She's behind me, isn't she?
Saving my grails for when I get Gorgon (never) and if Swimsuit Medusa comes out this Summer (please don't my poor wallet).

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
I grailed Kiyo Lancer to 100, and then got Helena, Saint George, and Ibaraki to 90. I'll probably throw some grails at Liz too, since her tail whap is cute and it's not like i'll ever pull a good 5-star worth getting to 100 anyway

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Mah boy!

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Freak Futanari posted:

I grailed Kiyo Lancer to 100, and then got Helena, Saint George, and Ibaraki to 90. I'll probably throw some grails at Liz too, since her tail whap is cute and it's not like i'll ever pull a good 5-star worth getting to 100 anyway

I would probably grail Ibaraki if I had her. She's a good girl and a single target Zerker.

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012
Assuming I *ever* get Artoria, she's going up to level 100 like crazy. The once and future queen of Type-Moon, and the truest waifu.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Sylphid posted:

Assuming I *ever* get Artoria, she's going up to level 100 like crazy. The once and future queen of Type-Moon, and the truest waifu.

Blue saber best saber

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

Sylphid posted:

Excuse you but Arcueid is the best OG Type Moon waifu.

(Ryougi is an acceptable substitute.)

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Sylphid posted:

You can do it, through the power of rerolling in the Eng version! I will trade you for waver reroll.

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012

Nyaa posted:

You can do it, through the power of rerolling in the Eng version! I will trade you for waver reroll.

See, that is an idea, but that require me to start a new account *without* Astolfo, and that, I cannot abide.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Sylphid posted:

See, that is an idea, but that require me to start a new account *without* Astolfo, and that, I cannot abide.
Astolfo is four stars, you will get him eventually.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
I grailed up Cu Lancer for maximum survival up to 100 and I finally decided to grail up Ryougi at least up to 90 bc I'll never have a 5* Assassin. I think I have a 5* in almost every class except that one and Saber.

Archer 5* - Arjuna
Lancer 5* - Swimsuit Tamamo
Saber 5* - zilch
Berserker 5* - Vlad the Rad
Rider 5* - Iskander
Caster 5* - Da Vinci
Assassin 5* - dammit
Other 5* - Meltlilith

It's kinda funny bc the only 5* I was super determined to get was Iskander and I had to save up free quartz for months before the F/zero event and that drained me dry. Pretty much every other Servant I rolled for sincerely, it was just middle fingers from the gacha.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Compendium posted:

Archer 5* - Arjuna
Lancer 5* - Swimsuit Tamamo
Saber 5* - zilch
Berserker 5* - Vlad the Rad
Rider 5* - Iskander
Caster 5* - Da Vinci
Assassin 5* - dammit
Other 5* - Meltlilith

*Gazes at this list with pity*

Except Swimsuit Tamamo, she seems pretty good. I also have Arjuna and he seems kinda underrated to me. His second skill is really good and gives him very good survivability.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
Who needs 5-stars when you can throw grails at all the 1 and 2 stars you pull

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

Ytlaya posted:

*Gazes at this list with pity*

Except Swimsuit Tamamo, she seems pretty good. I also have Arjuna and he seems kinda underrated to me. His second skill is really good and gives him very good survivability.

Yeah, I'm like ehhhhhhh at Da Vinci being my 5* Caster when I'd prefer a Waver for best support or a Sanzang for kung fu action. I actually like Iskander a lot, his NP gain isn't half bad and his crits can be deadly and his first two skills are are okay buffs. I prefer using Ibaraki over Vlad as a single target Berserker.

Tamamo is okay if for nothing else, but to kick male Archers in the nuts and that's all I really need.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Freak Futanari posted:

Who needs 5-stars when you can throw grails at all the 1 and 2 stars you pull

I'm gonna grail Kojiro on my eng account.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
In the FGO anime is Archer's and Cu's conversation about "will that shield resist that sword, or will that sword pierce that shield?" and Emiya says he heard something similar a long time ago an allusion to the vn? I vaguely recall it but I'm not sure which chapter or route it refers to.

Are there other allusions to the vn?

MonsieurChoc posted:

I'm gonna grail Kojiro on my eng account.

I'm tempted to do this considering I probably won't be spending any money on quartz. Unless my regular income increases a lot or something.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

The 'shield/sword' thing is a reference to the scene in UBW where Lancer tosses Gae Bolg at Rho Aias, I think.

As for the CCC event's difficulty, eh. I have 4/5 stars, but I tend to try and beat events with my bronzies/silvers first and haven't had too much trouble. They're grailed, naturally, but here's some good servants to try raising if you have trouble with events and don't have golds.

F/SN Cu (Insanely survivable, good NP, can often just cheese bosses with his survivability + instant death)
Hans (A support servant on par with Merlin and Zhuge.)
Shakespeare (He has a powerful Buster Up, only slightly weaker than Merlin's, but his hits the whole party and has a shorter cooldown. Only lasts 1 turn, tho.)
Mozart (His third skill just craps 40 stars on you.)
Mash (She's Mash. A powerful tank.)
George (He can tank forever, and his NP hits surprisingly hard believe it or not.)
Blackbeard (Voyager of the Storm is a very strong buff, and he has a full party heal for 4,000 on a 6 turn cooldown, with the only catch being they have to be female. Most bronzies/silvers are male, but Mash exists, not to mention your gold support will probably be female)
Hundred-Faced Hassan (She's just a very powerful single target assassin. Only weakness is her self-buff is pretty RNG heavy.)
Caesar (Incitement is a pretty strong buff, especially combined with his NP being Quick)
Robin Hood (His NP does amazing damage to poisoned enemies, and hardly anything resists poison)
Jaguar Man (Strong single target buster Lancer. She does more damage than 4 star buster lancers, like Elizabeth, due to her entire skillset just being self-buffs.)
Ushiwakamaru (Tengu tactics is a great party buff, her NP does good damage, and Charisma is bland but never a bad thing to have.)
Asterios (His NP is a debuff that lasts 6 turns - with the right party, he can just chain it and debuff the enemy into the ground.)

When grailed to level 80ish, these servants are on par with most 4 stars in most ways, and it only takes a couple of grails.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Alright, Kiara beatened. Melt is good.

At some point, I should really start bringing up the bronze and silver rarity servants. Some of them are a whole lotta more useful than some gold ones, that's for sure.

InfinityComplex fucked around with this message at 07:12 on May 9, 2017

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I rolled Nightingale. I'm not sure how to feel about this.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

Pureauthor posted:

Anyone here plan on playing the localized version?

I don't plan on discarding my JP account (partially because I can bug Robin for TLs if need be :v: ), but I'm very curious about the EN version and will be trying it out. If nothing else, this stupid game is my favorite mobile RPG by light years and, as of stuff like this CCC event and some other stuff, is actually starting to crack my list of Actual Games That Are Good poo poo, Period. I really, really hope the EN version gets the love it deserves. If it goes the way of Chain Chronicle or Monster Strike I'll be heartbroken; there's no reason it should, aside from being kind of heavily behind Japan at the moment.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

ISIS CURES TROONS posted:

I rolled Nightingale. I'm not sure how to feel about this.

I always wanted Nightingale and i kind of hoped i had gotten her when i ended up spooked by NP2 Vlad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

SpaceDrake posted:

I don't plan on discarding my JP account (partially because I can bug Robin for TLs if need be :v: ), but I'm very curious about the EN version and will be trying it out. If nothing else, this stupid game is my favorite mobile RPG by light years and, as of stuff like this CCC event and some other stuff, is actually starting to crack my list of Actual Games That Are Good poo poo, Period. I really, really hope the EN version gets the love it deserves. If it goes the way of Chain Chronicle or Monster Strike I'll be heartbroken; there's no reason it should, aside from being kind of heavily behind Japan at the moment.

Hopefully the english version doesn't start off with the very original build.