Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Fangz posted:

I kinda suspect the AI always had that second stack, he just replaced the general with Franz once he recovered from wounded status.

Spoiler, I only JUST realized it was possible to swap generals without trading armies. I've abused it a little to warp generals to places they'll need to be in a few turns. Back when I actually did Quests in their entirety.

Why, Volkmar. Why do you want me to go fight my Buffer to Chaos?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

RentACop posted:

Sigmar, in a vacuum, is kinda middling. It's got a Moorcockian vibe to it, and there's some individual interesting parts (mainly involving the lizardmen) but everything feels super pointless and it's vastly less interesting than the previous setting. Also, Archaon grows even more powerful and recieves a prophetic vision of him killing Sigmar. Yes, he wins the Age of Sigmar

For gently caress's sake, GW will never learn. Nobody cares about their stupid goddamn supah-evul bland-rear end chaos antagonists. Chaos undivided was a mistake.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Perestroika posted:

For gently caress's sake, GW will never learn. Nobody cares about their stupid goddamn supah-evul bland-rear end chaos antagonists. Chaos undivided was a mistake.

This is the same group that spent 8 editions trying to tell players that Failbaddon the Armless was a serious threat. Retconning multiple points of lore to make their big bad not seem utterly incompetent.

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Ready for the fashy circle jerk
Why does chaos even need a singular champion? Isn't having the lure of chaos and the constant threat of corruption creating new foes out of old allies more interesting than Abbadon/Archaeon constantly failing because they are terrible?

And why would gods mostly based around conceptual ideas need a single "champion"?

I guess I'm saying WFRP 1st edition (The Enemy Within campaign in particular) was peak Warhammer. I jumped ship at the end of 5th edition, but in retrospect it had already mostly gone to poo poo.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Because GW needs to sell fancy overpriced models.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
They don't hire the best writers. They don't hire good writers. They hire "enthusiastic" and "motivated" ones, because (modern, at least) GW doesn't pay their employees well compared to what they could make elsewhere. They work at GW either because they're ridiculously diehard fanboys, or because they're too garbage to work elsewhere. This accentuates a problem that other industries have with long running things, where the fans end up writing for the things they grew up consuming, and turn it into an uncanny homunculus of what they thought things always should have already been.

Archaon is GRIMDARK personified, so he gets pushed for the above reasons.

Tiler Kiwi fucked around with this message at 08:40 on May 11, 2017

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Archaon also does admittedly look cool.

Afriscipio
Jun 3, 2013

DOWN JACKET FETISH posted:

lol you're arguing about dates in the warhammer thread

We're in the warhammer thread. We'll never get dates.

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

Devorum posted:

Just 4 RoR. A cannon, a rocket battery, some cavalry and some swordsmen. The rest were all normal troops, all with at least 1 gold bar of XP. Luckily, I was able to distract them with my brayherd while I ran off to heal up from the previous battle.

Okay then it was probably what Fangz said above. The AI does cheat for extra money and public order, but it doesn't cheat units out of thin air.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
Wonder if Total Warhammer II's time played meter is shared with Total Warhammer's. I'm counting on them to beat out Rome 2 for total playtime on my Steam account :black101:

madmac
Jun 22, 2010

toasterwarrior posted:

Wonder if Total Warhammer II's time played meter is shared with Total Warhammer's. I'm counting on them to beat out Rome 2 for total playtime on my Steam account :black101:

Probably not, given that a lot of CA employees have already racked up dozens of hours in Warhammer 2 on their steam accounts.

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE

madmac posted:

Probably not, given that a lot of CA employees have already racked up dozens of hours in Warhammer 2 on their steam accounts.

That's quite surprising, since I figured the Shogun 2/Fall of the Samurai standalone-but-integrated approach would be the guideline for how this would be handled.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
Apparently it is not possible to mod fortress walls in custom campaign maps? That's too bad, I was looking forward to having actual tiny fortresses to defend as Dwarves, but instead you get maps that while give you favorable terrain, do not have walls/gates/towers helping you defend.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

John Charity Spring posted:

That's quite surprising, since I figured the Shogun 2/Fall of the Samurai standalone-but-integrated approach would be the guideline for how this would be handled.

My computer will cry if it has to update two independent installations of Warhammer at the same time.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

MonsterEnvy posted:

Archaon also does admittedly look cool.

He looks like a generic evil dude in armor.

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

If you don't want to dip your hands into a bowl of colored powders and slap prints onto the bloated belly of a giant frog then just get out of my life

shalcar
Oct 21, 2009

At my signal, DEAL WITH IT.
Taco Defender

John Charity Spring posted:

I suspect that's exactly how it will be and the employees have been on a different steam game ID because otherwise they would have to be updating or running a beta build of the released Warhammer. Once Warhammer 2 gets released, I would expect that it becomes a Fall of the Samurai style patch to the base Warhammer game.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
I would also like some Skink-Twinks to rub my belly.

Wait what were we talking about again?

vvv: Oh my god, that Skink was adorable.

Kokoro Wish fucked around with this message at 14:11 on May 11, 2017

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3CmxjTFv_Y

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

gently caress yes

GuardianOfAsgaard
Feb 1, 2012

Their steel shines red
With enemy blood
It sings of victory
Granted by the Gods

Babe Magnet posted:

gently caress yes

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
that elf was about as rekt'd as I've ever seen

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
That dinosaur roar in the end is :black101: as all hell.

EDIT:

Tiler Kiwi posted:

that elf was about as rekt'd as I've ever seen
Made me feel warm and fuzzy inside, it did

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

I'm kind of loving how the elf bolt throwers seem to be basically arrow-shotguns.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Perestroika posted:

I'm kind of loving how the elf bolt throwers seem to be basically arrow-shotguns.

That's actually a giant magazine because they're repeater bolt throwers.

GuardianOfAsgaard
Feb 1, 2012

Their steel shines red
With enemy blood
It sings of victory
Granted by the Gods

Kanos posted:

That's actually a giant magazine because they're repeater bolt throwers.

No he's right, watch the trailer again.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
I'm looking forward to Slann grumbling in some Hutt language.

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

full nerd chills

hype af

Gejnor
Mar 14, 2005

Fun Shoe
So many amazing things.

The lazer dino shoots a lazerbolt in the background.

Stegadons charging in first.

A shotgun arrow thing.

What seems to be forward momentum dropped rocks with the dinofliers.

The goddamned t-rex at the end.

The cute loveable skink whom we all love and wish no harm to.

pnutz
Jan 5, 2015

Gejnor posted:

So many amazing things.

A shotgun arrow thing.

also

Gejnor Mcswipe posted:

Mazdamundi: Prince Tyrion, my dear Mage Lord Teclis... Welcome.. to Jurassic Park!

not bad

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Panfilo posted:

I'm looking forward to Slann grumbling in some Hutt language.

English?

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS
That Skink would gently caress you up in a heartbeat if his preprogrammed instincts said to do so.

It'd be like the T-Rex going apeshit on that elf except adorable

Also I am continually amazed at how much variety the campaign has between factions. Playing as the main Bretonnia faction and Carcassone is a world apart. Bretonnia at large is all elite cavalry all the time and here with the Enchantress i'm leading a horde of unwashed peasants and religious chivalry obsessed fanatics into battle to die in droves. Hell, the Enchantress basically gets a buff that makes her units get warded too.

Ditto with the Von Carsteins. Hell, they're the epitome of difference. Vlad favors elitist and tactical oriented gameplay while Isabella favors heroes and zerg rushing with super buffed monsters.

Archonex fucked around with this message at 15:16 on May 11, 2017

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Gejnor posted:

So many amazing things.

A shotgun arrow thing.

Elves dying by the score.

GuardianOfAsgaard
Feb 1, 2012

Their steel shines red
With enemy blood
It sings of victory
Granted by the Gods
I finished this guy literally right as the trailer dropped:

At the end you see an un-mounted Carnosaur too, so we should be able to recruit them like forest dragons.

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow
That trailer honestly looked worse than their earlier in-engine ones for Warhammer. Not sure if they rushed it out or something.

e; it's more accurate to how the actual game looks though so maybe it's intentional.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Mordja posted:

Elves dying by the score.

Can't wait to play this loving game as Lizardmen and begin the great work of destroying all of the elves everywhere.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

So since they're adding the southlands too, it's fair to assume we're getting Tomb Kings as dlc right?

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
So judging by that video, it looks like they're gonna fudge the terrain so that you're not fighting under rainforest cover as much as you probably should be. By the by, anyone have a timestamp of the lasersaur in action?

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

So since they're adding the southlands too, it's fair to assume we're getting Tomb Kings as dlc right?

Almost certainly!

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Mordja posted:

So judging by that video, it looks like they're gonna fudge the terrain so that you're not fighting under rainforest cover as much as you probably should be. By the by, anyone have a timestamp of the lasersaur in action?

I'm glad they do, the fights against Wood Elves in fully forested terrain are goddamn annoying. Lasersaur is fairly early around 0:35, look to the lower right. Looks a bit like the Luminark projectile.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Awwww, was hoping for more of a beam laser, like something out of Supreme Commander.

• Locked thread