Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DMW45
Oct 29, 2011

Come into my parlor~
Said the spider to the fly~
So I apparently had a second Deluxe pack in today, alongside the Super Deluxe thingamabob.

Long story short, I got the Piranha and Crusader right as shotguns got a buff.

:v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
My asari duelist is messed up now, the point investments for Backlash and Charge were switched so now I have 6 in Backlash and 1 in Charge. I heard that the same thing happened with the human soldier's Concussive Shot and Frag Grenade too.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

How are people finding assault turrets now? Sussing out on ranking up a Krogan Engineer?

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Did they fix the shotgun smart choke? Or the sound bug?

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

They fixed the ammo bug.

Krogan Engineer is fun now because incinerate. Turret seems okay too but I only tried bronze and I am low level.

Snipers seem mediocre now. Kinda sad about this.

Ushior is decent but i still prefer Talon.

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005
For those of you wondering, the X5 Ghost assault rifle is a slightly weaker Revenant with 40% more magazine, less weight, and better accuracy. Definitely is great with Turbocharge.

Tasoth
Dec 13, 2011
Played with my Ruzad X and Disciple X as my first two matches after the patch. Holy poo poo, they're loving murderous at short range on silver. You don't have to stand on an enemies feet to actual do damage. They also hit like trucks at range if you get lucky on the pellet spread. Especially the Ruzad. Mattock also feels way better.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
I haven't played in a few weeks and now my Soldier has all his points in Concussive Shot instead of Turbocharge? What the gently caress?

Androc
Dec 26, 2008

Trip report: The new Hesh and Naladen are both good and cool now. Anybody with turbocharge is going to be pretty happy in general.

Rocketpriest
Nov 28, 2006
Alias: Non-Demoninational Minister Capable of Sub-Atmospheric Flight

Thor-Stryker posted:

For those of you wondering, the X5 Ghost assault rifle is a slightly weaker Revenant with 40% more magazine, less weight, and better accuracy. Definitely is great with Turbocharge.

So the buff to the Revenant this patch was an entirely new gun, okay sure. As long as I can finally have a full auto rifle worth using. I am so loving sick of sniper rifles. I hate sniper gameplay with a loving passion.

I need to see if the Mattock is finally at least a shadow of its former self - I unlocked it in ME3 multiplayer over the weekend, and man. What did they loving DO to you Mattock? How could they hurt something so beautiful :(

edit: Well, I haven't tried it in silver yet because I wanted a couple levels on my shiny new turian infiltrator or whatever he's called, but Mattock confirmed to feel loving GREAT on bronze :v:

I'm really looking forward to getting more ranks of the shadow now too - the damage ramp mechanic encouraging more dangerous sniper play is a nice change of pace. Also, the audio for the gun is just fantastic. I hope they design a character with a special passive or something designed specifically to make use of the remnant weapon with a built-in effect similar to the shadow's new mechanic (and maybe they could make the sweeper not dog poo poo, but one dream at a time).

edit 2: Anyone else having this issue? It's starting to bug me, and there doesn't seem to be any ui options to fix it

Rocketpriest fucked around with this message at 02:34 on May 11, 2017

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Digirat posted:

Did they fix the shotgun smart choke?
Yes (I thought I'd test fortify's accuracy bonus while I was at it).

Shumagorath posted:

I haven't played in a few weeks and now my Soldier has all his points in Concussive Shot instead of Turbocharge? What the gently caress?
Same thing happened to me.

tooterfish fucked around with this message at 01:59 on May 11, 2017

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I would hope they'll hop on that problem real quick by giving everyone a few free Respec Cards (not that they're a problem to get anyway)

Gonna hop on here and probably play a ton tonight, PS4 goons let's go (psn: zerodrone)

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005

precision posted:

I would hope they'll hop on that problem real quick by giving everyone a few free Respec Cards (not that they're a problem to get anyway)

I don't think you get bonus points back though? Which sucks for anyone that's maxed out or near max level already.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Thor-Stryker posted:

I don't think you get bonus points back though? Which sucks for anyone that's maxed out or near max level already.

Bonus points? A respec card just refunds you every point spent, leaving the three points in the three active skills you can't remove. There's no downside to re-speccing at all.

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005

precision posted:

Bonus points? A respec card just refunds you every point spent, leaving the three points in the three active skills you can't remove. There's no downside to re-speccing at all.

If you reach lvl 20, you can continue to receive points to spend via character cards. However, I believe if you respec, those character card points will disappear.

Rocketpriest
Nov 28, 2006

Thor-Stryker posted:

If you reach lvl 20, you can continue to receive points to spend via character cards. However, I believe if you respec, those character card points will disappear.

That's not a thing at all, no.

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005

Rocketpriest posted:

I dunno, I was 6/6/4/6 on my lvl 20 Turian Havok trooper and could only go 6/6/1/6 after the respec.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Rocketpriest posted:

You get X amount of points from levelling 1-20 and Y points from collecting cards I-X.

But yeah once you max X+Y, a respec just gives you those back, you dont gain or lose any points.

Source: I respecced a level 20 rank X earlier, and had the same number of everything I was supposed to.

Rocketpriest
Nov 28, 2006
There was a bug where you could lose 1 skill point after a respec, but I've respecced a few characters today and they've all gotten all the points they should have :shrug:

DMW45
Oct 29, 2011

Come into my parlor~
So I am loving the Crusader, just like I loved it back in ME3MP.

Chucked that thing on Salarian Architect, maxed out Incinerate, (waiting for more points to max out Remnant VI) and just went hog wild.

It's pretty good and fun.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Things are definitely a lot more fun. I got the Turian Agent and the X-8, the latter seems like a really solid gun for anyone, it seems similar to the Phaeston in ME3; no recoil, tons of ammo.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Am I imagining it, or was the old rank 6 evo for Vanguard a 30% power cooldown reduction? It doesn't seem to be there anymore.

Houdini
Sep 13, 2007

Official terrible game purchaser of the SomethingAwful forums.

precision posted:

Things are definitely a lot more fun. I got the Turian Agent and the X-8, the latter seems like a really solid gun for anyone, it seems similar to the Phaeston in ME3; no recoil, tons of ammo.

It's a shame every time a great weapon from previous games is mentioned that didn't make it in to this. I remembered the harrier which I'm sure was the fully automatic Mattock that had the most amazing sound when you spent two seconds firing it. :v:

I realised the Reegar shotgun wasn't in multiplayer (unless I'm mistaken). Are there any other single player weapons that never made it across? Reegar screams some sort of Quarian update to multiplayer in the future but after reading that Kotaku article, who knows

ZombyDog
Jul 11, 2001

Ere to fix yer gubbinz
I miss the Phaeston, and while the Geth Assault Rifle was a gimmick I thought it was great with elemental ammo.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
Geth shotgun was cool too. No idea if it sucked in mp, but it was fun in sp for 2 and 3.

Zakmonster
Apr 15, 2010

Two Finger posted:

Am I imagining it, or was the old rank 6 evo for Vanguard a 30% power cooldown reduction? It doesn't seem to be there anymore.

Which skill? If you're talking about Apex Training, they changed it from a 25% CDR to 25% weapon weight increase.

Apparently the buffs to evolutions in the powers themselves more than make up for the loss.

Houdini
Sep 13, 2007

Official terrible game purchaser of the SomethingAwful forums.

Error 404 posted:

Geth shotgun was cool too. No idea if it sucked in mp, but it was fun in sp for 2 and 3.

Nah that was pretty much the best gun in multiplayer

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Geth Shotgun was really good on classes with a burst attack like the Batarian Soldier because it could be charged and released at the same time for megadamage.

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
The Geth Javelin owned because you could headshot an entire spawn. Through the walls. In a single shot. (if they happened to line up nicely)

MarshyMcFly
Aug 16, 2012

GenericOverusedName posted:

The Geth Javelin owned because you could headshot an entire spawn. Through the walls. In a single shot. (if they happened to line up nicely)

That brings back one of my favorite memories from ME3 multiplayer which was headshotting 3 Cerberus troops with one bullet from the Black Widow!!! It was amazing! The drell assassin with armor piercing rounds was a goddamn wall hacking machine. He could penetrate like 5 meters of solid wall with his sniper and mods. Also see through them with his sensor array. I would just wait for them to line up behind a wall and head shot them one by one!

MarshyMcFly fucked around with this message at 17:22 on May 11, 2017

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Is the human infiltrator voiced by Jennifer Hale? It sounds like her.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

After playing this for a bit last night I determined two things:

1: Man did relying on the human vanguard to do literally anything make me bad at this game. I'm sure not playing for a couple months didn't help either but jeeze.

2: Man do I need better guns.

I still had fun though :unsmith:

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

It's a perfect day for some mayhem!

IcePhoenix posted:

1: Man did relying on the human vanguard to do literally anything make me bad at this game. I'm sure not playing for a couple months didn't help either but jeeze.

Same, but Asari Adept.

Also, didn't crash once in like 4 games!

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

To save the world from the expanding Zone.
So the game is mostly fixed now?

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005

Monolith. posted:

So the game is mostly fixed now?

Not by a longshot.

However, it is playable now.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

IcePhoenix posted:

Yeah, me too bigly. The Katana is actually a serviceable weapon now which is a surprise.

Rocketpriest
Nov 28, 2006

Two Finger posted:

Yeah, me too bigly. The Katana is actually a serviceable weapon now which is a surprise.

I was super impressed by the 'new' katana. The mattock is a loving killing machine on silver too; probably serviceable on gold on a soldier kit too now although I haven't tried. The Halberd's kind of a mixed bag still though. From cover it is perfectly accurate, like the reticle doesn't even bloom, but it's still too weak. Maybe a beefy weakpoint bonus? Make it into a real marksman rifle. I still couldn't make much use of it because my aim is poo poo, but it would be good for other people :v:

Does anyone know if the new turian's tactical visor stacks with weapon receiver mods? I wouldn't mind being able to fire through a wall and then a decent distance into a room. I'm loving in love with that skill; I can't wait to get this guy maxed out. Between the new one and the turian soldier I think turians are just my favorite classes alongside the asari adept. I just need to try the havoc trooper now that I finally have her to see if turians are great across the board.

edit: turbocharge, new improved incinerate and weapons training; yeah she's gonna be juuuust fine.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

Rocketpriest posted:

edit 2: Anyone else having this issue? It's starting to bug me, and there doesn't seem to be any ui options to fix it

The invisible hand of the market is coming for your RPGs!

The Asari Adept is good, shotguns are good. Pistols and combos are good.

Game is...good!?

DMW45
Oct 29, 2011

Come into my parlor~
The Geth Turian Infiltrator just makes me want the Reegar to be in MP now. I miss the Flamethrower-Reegar combo that just made things melt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

I did seriously consider making the thread title RIP Reegar since that was probably the most-used gun in ME3.

• Locked thread