Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

soraka flocka flame was better when she could give mana to people and you could play ambulance soraka by stacking movespeed items and roam around the map healing people or you could play top lane bruiser soraka and since your w gave you armour and your q damage ramped up with subsequent hits you could slowly value trade with people and basically old soraka is way more fun than new soraka

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
We'll hopefully have the Rek'Sai changes in patch 7.11. It's possible those move to 7.12 instead, depending on how work on her ult animations/sound goes, 7.11 is currently looking pretty likely though. Our goals are to give Rek'Sai a more engaging ult, reduce difficulties balancing organized play and regular play and better support a fighter, rather than tank, playstyle. Core changes include:

Higher bonus AD ratios and lower bases (Q at 15-35 + 0.4 bonus AD from 15-55 + 0.2, E damage at 50-90 + 0.7 bonus AD from 80-120% AD)
W now knocks up a single target for 1s, and slightly knocks other units back from Rek'Sai, rather than being a 0.5-1.0s knockup based off distance from Rek'Sai
Tunnel CD after use drops much more with rank (10-2s, from 10-6s)
Fury generates much faster (25 per attack/ability), converts to health faster (3s instead of 5), restores less health (20-190, rather than 25-450). More in/out pattern as a fighter, using lower tunnel CDs in part.
A new ult. Short version is Rek'Sai marks targets as Prey when she damages them by any means. She can dash to marked Prey up to 1500 units away, dealing 100-400 (+1.4 Bonus AD) + 20-30% missing health. Short channel (1.1s)

Seems pretty good, not having to rely on tunnels or flash to initiate is a solid tradeoff and she becomes pretty sticky.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

22 hours ago i asked what everyones favourite role is here in this thread. the results:

http://www.strawpoll.me/12943726/r

in what is surprising absolutely nobody who has played with goons before, the vast majority of goons prefer the support role, with support having 5 more votes than the second most popular role, jungle. curiously enough, the most popular lanes with goons are the ones that do not require lane csing. are you guys not a fan of last hitting in lane? please let me know.

the marksmanbirdwoman role falls in third place out of the meta roles. the two solo lanes are tied both with 8 for the least popular meta roles, and of the two legitimate non meta roles, the only one picked was kill laner, with 3 votes. nobody preferred doing a hard roamer, which is a role where you do not have a lane or a dedicated source of income entirely and just walk around from lane to lane trying to get kills and occasionally taxing lane or stealing jungle creeps(most often the crab).

i recommend trying out a hard roam at least one time in any persons league of legends career, it will really change the way you see league of legends and brings a great deal of understanding for how important timing windows are in the game. you will probably do really poorly your first time so probably do not do this in ranked.

"freedom or jail, clips inserted, a babys being born, same time a man is murdered - the beginning and end." - Nas

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
I'm okay with some Rek'sai changes. She's a good jungler but there was always something kind of boring about her. Like I did well with her a lot of the time but it wasn't a lot of fun. I think not having to go straight tank and something closer to Kled would actually be cool

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich

pog boyfriend posted:

soraka flocka flame was better when she could give mana to people and you could play ambulance soraka by stacking movespeed items and roam around the map healing people or you could play top lane bruiser soraka and since your w gave you armour and your q damage ramped up with subsequent hits you could slowly value trade with people and basically old soraka is way more fun than new soraka

#truth

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Ezreal in lane: "Sona you're useless, go to another lane you're garbage"

Ezreal after we carry him and win the game: "Sona stop playing support"

k

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
The greatest crime of the soraka rework is that it ended mid lane burn everything battleraka. It was a stupid gimmick but drat it it was a good one.

Liandry's -> sunfire -> abyssal. Build sorc boots. Walk down midlane nonstop, burn everything.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
im curious about the bashees veil on that sona

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ToxicSlurpee posted:

The greatest crime of the soraka rework is that it ended mid lane burn everything battleraka. It was a stupid gimmick but drat it it was a good one.

Liandry's -> sunfire -> abyssal. Build sorc boots. Walk down midlane nonstop, burn everything.

Back in the days of vanilla wow the caster version of the pvp cape you bought from battlegrounds was called Battle-Healer's Cloak, and that item alone put an image in my head that made me super excited for Horde to get access to Paladins in The Burning Crusade.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Addamere posted:

im curious about the bashees veil on that sona

they swapped the stats on veil/scepter but left them with their passives, so veil has the bubble but it's got ap/mr, while scepter has the aura but has health/mr.

JuniperCake
Jan 26, 2013

ToxicSlurpee posted:

If we are talking about horrible abominations, I wonder what the game would be like if they brought back shaco's clone replication of all aura effects and made sunfire not unique again. 4X sunfire/GA shaco was very interesting times.

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

JuniperCake posted:

If we are talking about horrible abominations, I wonder what the game would be like if they brought back shaco's clone replication of all aura effects and made sunfire not unique again. 4X sunfire/GA shaco was very interesting times.

Can you still disjoint things with Clone? I know the timing was tight but there used to be a few frames where he was off the map and couldn't be hit by stuff.

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
The best Abomination was innervating locket Alistar, break down the first bot tower then 5 man push mid until you win

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
all your lovely magic the gathering or whatever card game analogies fall apart when a non-grognard tries to parse what the gently caress you nerds are saying

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

el dingo posted:

The best Abomination was innervating locket Alistar, break down the first bot tower then 5 man push mid until you win

Oh man, Innervating Locket was some poo poo. Locket Udyr was hot fire too.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
honestly the best league of legends fuckery was when you could stack black cleavers and one shot every single champion in the game by shredding 100% of their armor

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

How Rude posted:

all your lovely magic the gathering or whatever card game analogies fall apart when a non-grognard tries to parse what the gently caress you nerds are saying

You're playing League of Legends.

You best start believing in grognard stories, How Rude. You're in one.

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

How Rude posted:

honestly the best league of legends fuckery was when you could stack black cleavers and one shot every single champion in the game by shredding 100% of their armor

Stacking 3.5K gold items should be silly. Like stacking Divine Rapiers, hah

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

ImpAtom posted:

You're playing League of Legends.

You best start believing in grognard stories, How Rude. You're in one.

league is casual as hell

dota 2 however...

Coco Rodreguiz
Jan 12, 2007

Peckerhead isn't used enough as an insult if you ask me.
Garen build: Merc Treads, 5x Sunfire cape

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Coco Rodreguiz posted:

Garen build: Merc Treads, 5x Sunfire cape

Karthas Build: Sorcerer's Shoes, 5x Sunfire Cape

JuniperCake
Jan 26, 2013

Rygar201 posted:

Can you still disjoint things with Clone? I know the timing was tight but there used to be a few frames where he was off the map and couldn't be hit by stuff.

I think i've seen a shaco do that to karthus ult not that long ago so I think you can still do that? not sure tho.

Twitch + 5x Sunfire capes, Stealth then hug people to death.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
oops wrong thread hey league is a game huh

Turtle Sandbox
Dec 31, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
I still miss wriggles lantern, the best item in the game.

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

Turtle Sandbox posted:

I still miss wriggles lantern, the best item in the game.

Does that dude still post ITT? Name started with an M, had an anime avatar?

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
He exists but hasn't posted here for many years, like Violentlycar, legendary Dominion hipster

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

Servaetes posted:

He exists but hasn't posted here for many years, like Violentlycar, legendary Dominion hipster

Violently Car is a DotA2 goon now, I think I see him on steam playing DotA most days

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe
I miss libertines meta analysis

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Me too but I think he's busy having a life and playing heroes of the storm these days.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Libertine killed himself after he realized that he'd been tracking every possible stat in order to play the best champions with the best builds at all times but had never once turned smart cast on. Today he's a ghost.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

I still don't use smart cast :)

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

I still don't use smart cast :)

THE. gently caress

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

Even better: I use smart cast with range indicators.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

el dingo posted:

THE. gently caress

I started playing dota in 2003 it's far too late to change now

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

My bindings for past several years have been Q normal, WER smartcast, T ability 1 smartcast. I'm sure this is weird as hell, but I have become used to. Summoners on Smartcast too, iirc.

Turtle Sandbox
Dec 31, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Having a team not vote for a remake and dragging out a 4v5 is the worst thing this game has.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

kingcobweb posted:

Reported for calling it MBC which is very obviously mono-black control and any real magic player would know that it's mono-U control

tbf the analogy works for both, the overall point being that they moved away from land-go play cause people whined hard enough

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Turtle Sandbox posted:

Having a team not vote for a remake and dragging out a 4v5 is the worst thing this game has.

lol Who does that

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
everything is always smartcast for me. if i really really really actually need precision i just left click the actual icon to precision send a thing, which works enough for stuff like wards or long range snipes (ashe ult, xerath ult, etc.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Teikanmi posted:

lol Who does that

People who want to show they can carry a 4v5 (they can't)

• Locked thread