Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Thanks for pointing out the bonus maps, would have missed them behind all those escalations.

I played up to bankog over the weekend, is there any good way to wipe the cams in that level? The security room has 3 dudes which never seem to leave and cover each other, and the tapes are right in the middle of them too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

If you can get into the security room from the door nearest the main lobby, you can duck behind the desk and shoot the recorder when no one's looking. Alternately, grab a fire extinguisher and throw it at the recorder.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
Getting all zeroes on a mission (in the pre-2016 score system) was not really intended to be possible until Blood Money. It's mostly because of people trying to do it in 2 and Contracts that things like Accidents were added to ensure that perfect scores were possible on all maps.

That said, I seem to recall you only have to fire a gun once in the entirety of Hitman 2, and it isn't where you would think.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

http://www.pointandclickbait.com/2017/05/its-a-cutthroat-industry/

quote:

Square Enix’s CEO has used a press conference today to announce a sudden reversal of the decision to sell-off IO Interactive, as well as to rub at his neck and look around nervously like a man being hunted.

“Our earlier claim that it was necessary to focus our energy on key franchises other than great games like Hitman was, of course, a mistake,” explained Yosuke Matsuda, adjusting his collar to hide livid red marks on his throat.

“I have had some time to think about the issue and I now believe the way forward for Square Enix is to publish lots of Hitman games,” Matsuda continued. He paused to squint at the rooftops of nearby buildings, before adding “Maybe nothing but Hitman games. A new one every year! Why not.”

The news has taken Square Enix shareholders by surprise, some of whom may be unhappy at the sudden backflip. However, Matsuda explained that “a full list of the names and addresses of dissenting stockholders will of course be made available to any interested parties, or maybe just left on my desk while I’m out of the room,” his eyes wide and his voice strangely raised.

“Agent 47’s adventures, which are completely fictional of course, will continue for a long time to come,” he added, giving an awkward thumbs up to nobody in particular and wiping sweat from his brow with the other hand.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Uhhh, how reliable is a site named "Point and Clickbait"?

CaptCommy
Aug 13, 2012

The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a goat.

ChaosArgate posted:

Uhhh, how reliable is a site named "Point and Clickbait"?

It's not, it's meant to be an Onion like satire site but video games and poo poo

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Nakar posted:

That said, I seem to recall you only have to fire a gun once in the entirety of Hitman 2, and it isn't where you would think.

Basement :argh:

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Hmm, seems like if you knock out the chef in Sapienza, Silvio won't eat the spaghetti. Makes sense but I didn't think about that so it's pretty annoying.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

shut up blegum posted:

Hmm, seems like if you knock out the chef in Sapienza, Silvio won't eat the spaghetti. Makes sense but I didn't think about that so it's pretty annoying.

Yeah I was looking at that one before trying to SASO on pro, I think just being smart with the radio timing seems the best way to deal with him if you want to posion, but i've yet to manage it. miss those saves.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
A much easier SA/SO option for Pro is to shoot the panel by the observatory and drop the orrery on Caruso. The poison option is still there but it's a huge pain in the rear end to do so unless raw speed is your goal it's probably better to just crush him. You can also set up an extinguisher bomb in a spot in his office where no one will see and report it, if you happen to have grabbed one.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

there's also always the vcr recording.

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

Blasmeister posted:

Yeah I was looking at that one before trying to SASO on pro, I think just being smart with the radio timing seems the best way to deal with him if you want to posion, but i've yet to manage it. miss those saves.

Do another couple of challenges first, then complete the rest whilst starting as the kitchen assistant.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

Boiled Water posted:

Do another couple of challenges first, then complete the rest whilst starting as the kitchen assistant.

That wouldn't make doing it suit only any easier. It's possible I shouldn't be trying to finish him off that way at all, the telescope trick seems to not allow me a chance to get to an exit before the body is found. Maybe dropping the orrery thing on him would be a more feasible plan. Drop poo poo on target seems to be the goto SASO pro method so far.

Lareine
Jul 22, 2007

KIIIRRRYYYUUUUU CHAAAANNNNNN

Nakar posted:

Getting all zeroes on a mission (in the pre-2016 score system) was not really intended to be possible until Blood Money. It's mostly because of people trying to do it in 2 and Contracts that things like Accidents were added to ensure that perfect scores were possible on all maps.

I didn't even bother to try all zeroes, just getting Silent Assassin was good enough for me. I still have nightmares about Hidden Valley.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Boiled Water posted:

So suit only actually means don't change disguise rather than using the starter suit specificaly?

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

No, SO means starter suit and no disguise changes. He may have been referring to completing different challenges.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
In general, the best approach to Pro is to get Silent Assassin, No Evidence, Suit Only, and Silent Assassin Suit Only all at once by the easiest means possible, then do more specific challenges without worrying about your score. Your sanity is at stake. If you get 1-2 more challenges done all the better, but don't force it if there is a safe, clean kill.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Does the intro pack do an ok job of showing what the game is?

I see it comes with a full episode just wasnt sure

Wizard of the Deep
Sep 25, 2005

Another productive workday
Yes. The Intro includes two training/tutorial levels and Paris, which is one of the best maps in the Hitman series, not just Hitman 2016. That said, it's not even the best map in Hitman 2016.

If you're on the fence, the Intro pack will either push you to getting the Full Experience immediately, or show you that you and 47 are fundamentally incompatible.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Well I loved Absolution so nothing can be bad to me

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

SASO on Sapienza complete, 4/4 on dropping poo poo on my targets so far in pro mode. Now it's time to have some fun.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

verbal enema posted:

Well I loved Absolution so nothing can be bad to me

Just get the whole thing then. It makes the previous entries in the series seem like they were made in the stone age.

pogothemonkey0
Oct 13, 2005

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:
I personally think it's pretty safe to say this game is better than Absolution in every way. I kind of wish they refined mark and execute from Absolution rather than just dumping it entirely though. I'm pretty garbage at aiming so I mostly end up just throwing poo poo at people (either a lethal thrown or a non-lethal followed by a shot). It seems kind of weird that they would give auto-aim to thrown weapons but not the pistol (ie 47's signature weapon). Even being able to mark and execute a single target at thrown range would be fine and would balance out the options so that a pistol isn't strictly-speaking worse than a knife.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Absolution has a complete if submoronic story, whereas the story of season 1 is entirely groundwork and setup that is now never going to be paid off.

I had to think for a significant amount of time to find an area in which absolution is even arguably marginally better

pogothemonkey0
Oct 13, 2005

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:
Have faith, friend. IO claims we're definitely getting a season 2 even if the time frame is unclear now.

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

Welp I missed the suit only bit. For that the easiest murder of him is dropping a solar system on his head.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.

Blasmeister posted:

SASO on Sapienza complete, 4/4 on dropping poo poo on my targets so far in pro mode. Now it's time to have some fun.

FYI Sniper Assassin on Pro can be a bitch. Don't be dumb and do what I did trigger the investigator stuff and then race against the clock to the ruins to take out both targets from the canons and instead you should take the much easier route of getting them both from the church tower

You don't realize how annoying Sniper Challenge becomes on Pro now that no disguise allows you to carry the sniper without being suspicious.

Jolo
Jun 4, 2007

ive been playing with magnuts tying to change the wold as we know it

I was really pleased that the method I used for SASO in Sapienza actually worked. I opened the observatory roof and hid in the box right in front of the telescope. Caruso looks through the telescope and even though he's facing you directly he won't see you if he's actually looking through the lens. He kind of alternates between looking through the lens for several seconds and then leaning back and looking in the room. If you climb out and get behind him quickly you can fiber wire him without being seen.

I was impressed that the coding for his sight was set up to factor in him looking through a telescope with one eye closed.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
Just out of curiosity, do people play Hitman 2016 with the keyboard and mouse or a controller on PC? I tried mouse and keyboard at first but didn't care for it much, but the harder challenges make me think i should be using KB+M

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
I use a controller but switch to M+K if I'm sniping.

e: or really using guns at all.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

CascadeBeta posted:

Just out of curiosity, do people play Hitman 2016 with the keyboard and mouse or a controller on PC? I tried mouse and keyboard at first but didn't care for it much, but the harder challenges make me think i should be using KB+M

KB+M here.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

I use a controller but switch to M+K if I'm sniping.

e: or really using guns at all.

I do this too. Trying to ledge snipe the virus in Sapienza is a bitch on controller.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
If a game has shooting, I'll be using KB+M. Except Shadows of Mordor because it slowed down time when you aimed.

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

Respect the power of the wind
Steam Controller, with Xinupt controls and gyro aim nudge. The only thing preventing me from switching everything over to K+M controls on the controller is analog movement, which is pretty gosh darn useful and important in a stealth game!

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
Full speed sneak forever. It never occurred to me I would want anything else.

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

Respect the power of the wind
You want slow analog walk so you can be in Sapienza wearing the Italian Suit with Gloves and own the motherfukkin' city

stranger danger
May 24, 2006
The slower sneak speed in the older games was a good source of tension and actually took some practice to get things right. It was only egregiously bad in SA where your sneak speed was slower than the guard walking speed. Now you can clomp up to anyone while sneak-running and all the tension is gone.

What this game is really missing is a Jesper Kyd soundtrack. As technically good as the game is, the music and the timing of it are a key part of The Hitman Experience and IMO Blood Money is still the best. If they do end up making a Season2, they should bring Kyd back or at least let the new guy loose instead of burying the music under ambient sounds.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

stranger danger posted:

What this game is really missing is a Jesper Kyd soundtrack. As technically good as the game is, the music and the timing of it are a key part of The Hitman Experience and IMO Blood Money is still the best. If they do end up making a Season2, they should bring Kyd back or at least let the new guy loose instead of burying the music under ambient sounds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71yVu6T2vxM&t=97s

ad infinitum

Wizard of the Deep
Sep 25, 2005

Another productive workday
Bad Boy Elusive Target Trip Report: I've already got the Winter Suit, and I got caught by head-turns too many times trying to SA the target, so I threw a Pale Duck at him and booked it.

10/10, would explode again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

stranger danger posted:

The slower sneak speed in the older games was a good source of tension and actually took some practice to get things right. It was only egregiously bad in SA where your sneak speed was slower than the guard walking speed. Now you can clomp up to anyone while sneak-running and all the tension is gone.
It's kind of a necessary evil because people are vastly more perceptive in HM16 than in previous games.