Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

chiasaur11 posted:

Fun fact.

In the "Choose Your Hero" poll, Leo came in nineteenth overall.

Henry came in 20th.

They were less than fifty votes apart.

Are you serious?

I really underestimated Henry's popularity.

But seriously, Merric.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AzureSkye
Mar 4, 2010
Is there a massive difference between QR2 and 3? The only access I have to QR3 is a Leo I'd rather not mulch if I can just feed Ike a Subaki and call it good enough.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Airspace posted:

I'm on Team Julia.

I keep running into Julias on the enemy teams.

I know that if you know yourself and know the enemy, you can win 100 battles, but what happens when you're your own enemy?

Trust nobody, not even yourself. Or your waifu.

Amaryllis
Aug 14, 2007

Nobody makes a fool out of Rohan Kishibe!

AzureSkye posted:

Is there a massive difference between QR2 and 3? The only access I have to QR3 is a Leo I'd rather not mulch if I can just feed Ike a Subaki and call it good enough.

Higher-level skills improve your arena score, apparently. It matters more if you're running teams with lower base stat totals (like mounted units). 2 is good enough if you don't care about that.

Today's arena rewards got me back up to 20 orbs and I got a +SPD/-RES Mae for my troubles. Her art seems kinda garbage but I finally have a blue tome user who isn't Reinhardt, and she has a good boon/bane for a Desperation build, hurray! I focused pulled on green all last banner to get Titania and it's kind of cool to just do complete sessions for skill fodder and/or someone cool because I don't really care as much and all the colours have a focus unit. So: Life and Death + Ardent Sacrifice or another HP-moving skill to get Mae into Desperation range safely, maybe? I use Fury on a couple of units who would benefit from it. How are other people building her?

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

cheetah7071 posted:

Julia got the triple bonus too early, rip

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

So you're saying that the unjust mechanics of the voting gauntlet will give Julia an upset victory over Tharja despite having fewer supporters?

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

cheetah7071 posted:

So you're saying that the unjust mechanics of the voting gauntlet will give Julia an upset victory over Tharja despite having fewer supporters?

I'M SAYING that hrc's campain logo is really easy to edit :v:

edit: also tharja's gonna win it all so it isn't really 1:1 anyway

THE FUCKING MOON fucked around with this message at 00:38 on May 16, 2017

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
First week I've failed to get any defenses. But the 3 orbs made up for that I guess.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

ChronoReverse posted:

First week I've failed to get any defenses. But the 3 orbs made up for that I guess.

I only ever get defense wins on the first and last days of the arena, but I guess that might change now that I'm getting bumped from Tier 4 to 7. I really need to roll a Lon'Qu so I can vantage Hector.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.

akulanization posted:

If Boey isn't -Attack he's probably a better version of FRobin, or a green version of MRobin. He's got a really good skill set and the tome is powerful.

I'd agree on that. If you get something like -HP, +literally anything else, he should be able to do some good tanking of blues with a T-Adept + G-Raven set.

It'll be interesting to see what potential stuff the -Owl tomes might do, since they seem like the kind of stuff mages with balanced/tanky statlines could want.

EDIT: Also, for once, I picked correctly on the russian roulette and got another Sanaki, who was +Res, -Atk compared to my +Res, -Def one. She got immediately mulched into my +Atk, -HP Cecilia so that she could get Triangle Adept 3, so now I can have a T-Adept Cecilia once she's 5*ed while simultaneously taking my time to 5* a trash Nino for Gronnblade+ on her... eventually. Also not too long until I can 5* a Hawkeye so I can get Death Blow on my +Atk Reinhardt.

Folt The Bolt fucked around with this message at 01:16 on May 16, 2017

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
THE CURSE IS BROKEN

I finally got a good mage out of the banner. -HP +SPD Tharja?

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Julia didn't pass Tharja during the bonus round welp

Gensuki
Sep 2, 2011
Does anyone want to post their gauntlet strategies?

Mine is;
"small investment during triple while using the Team Leader" for round 1 (500 flags put me in the top 5,000)
"All but 200 flags in the second round" (Looking like I'll finish in top 1,000)
"Use the 200 flags and the triple times to win out over anyone who overcommit in the first and second rounds"

I planned to pick Lose, Lose, Win, so that I could maximize my Cumulative score when the values would be shaky, and finish with the "free" win, when the matches would be closer/ I might not get the chance to spend my flags (seriously, you get like 1600 flags a leg, how many times has Julia even been "weaker"? 10?).

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !
I have whaled like an idiot cause I really wanted a Celica.

In the end I got 6 of them. But 4 (!!!) were -ATK, one being normal ATK but -SPD and only one having no ATK or SPD Bane being +HP -RES.

Enough whaling. But I still enjoy this silly game too much.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

My strategy is "pick my favorite character and throw flags at them because I'm too lazy to optimize for like 500 feathers"

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
My strategy was to not spend anything beating Sanaki and spend everything desperately trying to beat Tharja

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

Still looking for a Julia; last four sets gave me exactly two green orbs and both coughed up garbage :argh:

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

If I die before I Wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.

Next arena set. As expected it is Celica banner + Xander + Randoms. Roy is the first non-trio to repeat.

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

I want to pull for Celica, but I've gotten 4/6 3-star Hinatas from red orbs. The other two were 4-star Hinatas.

I feel like it's punishment for getting Takumi, Tharja, and Kaguro in one pull.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Is the arena already changing? For some reason I thought I had another week to get enough feathers for xander

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

cheetah7071 posted:

Is the arena already changing? For some reason I thought I had another week to get enough feathers for xander

It's been 2 weeks of Clarine for me, that's enough thanks

Is that blue haired one Shanna? I made a 40+1 four star one a long time ago before I knew any better and she's actually been a solid unit on the flier quests so :toot: I guess

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

KnoxZone posted:

Next arena set. As expected it is Celica banner + Xander + Randoms. Roy is the first non-trio to repeat.
I really want to use my brand-new +ATK/-RES Genny, but I just 5*'d Alphonse and his Noontime/Brash Assault/Death Blow/Gay Sword/Threaten DEF combo has actually turned out to be really, really good and fun (and he has higher BST).

Decisions.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
20 orbs on this banner, three 3* hanas, some blue 3* pegasus idiot with a heavy spear, and 4* green haired archer guy. Pretty dang cool!

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
I wonder if Julia's going to get another x3 modifier before this round is up. She could come away with an upset if she does.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Looks like I'm gonna need to either scrounge up 800 feathers by sending people home or wait until after the third round of the gauntlet to start arena-ing

Or grind hero merit I guess but afaik there aren't any non-miserable ways to do that

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009

PlasticAutomaton posted:

Three weeks. So last week of the PoR bonuses, and then we'll switch to the Rite of Shadows bonuses. Pretty much guaranteed to have Sharena as a bonus unit, but other than her, no idea.

two weeks, JUST LIKE EVERY OTHER SET OF BONUS UNITS

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

cheetah7071 posted:

Looks like I'm gonna need to either scrounge up 800 feathers by sending people home or wait until after the third round of the gauntlet to start arena-ing

Or grind hero merit I guess but afaik there aren't any non-miserable ways to do that

Did you check what you're at HM, though? Maybe you're at like 490 or something on someone, you may be surprised.

Hmm, I should probably get those last 3 levels on Alfonse, good thing I got him that far, at least.
Xander isn't happening this week...

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
I've actually got one of the bonus units leveled this time. Roy was my second or third five star pull. My very first non Virion pull was a 5* Marth. I thought you were just guaranteed a 5* Marth when you start the game since A: It was my first pull, and B: It's Marth. I went weeks before finding out that it was just serendipity. :shepface:

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

OddObserver posted:

Did you check what you're at HM, though? Maybe you're at like 490 or something on someone, you may be surprised.

Hmm, I should probably get those last 3 levels on Alfonse, good thing I got him that far, at least.
Xander isn't happening this week...

This is a good point, Sharena and Lucina are both pretty close to a threshold

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009

THE loving MOON posted:

I've actually got one of the bonus units leveled this time. Roy was my second or third five star pull. My very first non Virion pull was a 5* Marth. I thought you were just guaranteed a 5* Marth when you start the game since A: It was my first pull, and B: It's Marth. I went weeks before finding out that it was just serendipity. :shepface:

This happened to be too! My first 5* was a neutral Marth so I thought it was scripted

Shinji117
Jul 14, 2013
Wait, only one green next arena and it's the one from the new banner?

Urgh.

My standard policy so far has been a Red (Lucina), two Blues (MRob and Azura) and slotting in whichever green is the arena focus but looks like this time that's not going to work.

That's...aggravating, esp given the whole ranking and deranking system and how I just jumped two up into the 17th bracket with like 6kish people.

Also, am out of orbs so either going to have to spend money, drop ranks or slot out Lucy for Xander and waste my saved feathers to 5* him when I never use Cavalry Emblem.

Shinji117 fucked around with this message at 02:56 on May 16, 2017

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

KnoxZone posted:

All right. It'll be Team Horse Emblem in the Arena this week, then! I'm at 16,000 feathers. Wonder if I'll get enough to promote Xander this cycle.

LightningSquid
Dec 27, 2013

FartingBedpost posted:

I want to pull for Celica, but I've gotten 4/6 3-star Hinatas from red orbs. The other two were 4-star Hinatas.

I feel like it's punishment for getting Takumi, Tharja, and Kaguro in one pull.

I would do anything for my weird character that I constantly pull to be Hinata, I desperately need more Fury. Can I interest you in trading for my 1800 Florinas?

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

KnoxZone posted:

Elyv posted:

Is that blue haired one Shanna? I made a 40+1 four star one a long time ago before I knew any better and she's actually been a solid unit on the flier quests so :toot: I guess
Hey, me too! Also my one good healer, Wrys.

I have no idea why he turned out to be my best healer, he just is. I find 4* lvl 40 wrys to be more useful than 5* lvl 40 lucius. Sadly, my lucius was up most of the way to 40 before skills could be inherited, or else I'd have given him rehabilitate...

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

LightningSquid posted:

I would do anything for my weird character that I constantly pull to be Hinata, I desperately need more Fury. Can I interest you in trading for my 1800 Florinas?

I mean, the fury's have been nice. I'm just out of people I want to use fury on. lol I got two Shannas too, but I like Desperation a lot.

I've never gotten Florina. What does she have that's good?

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
I rolled a Peri

I miss Tommy Pickles Peri

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

so I assume the -hp +atk Julia I just rolled is a lot better than the -atk +res Julia I already had

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Ended up getting a second Ryoma from the Celica banner, surely this one will be better than my +HP -Atk???

....+HP -Def. I mean I guess it's mildly better...?

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Elyv posted:

so I assume the -hp +atk Julia I just rolled is a lot better than the -atk +res Julia I already had

She is very, very good and my friend

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

I'm starting to get near the people-cap and need to grind up some dudes to make space and trick out the main waifus.

What purple skill for Olivia, Eirika, and Hector are ideal? Moonbow, Moonbow, Bonfire? I have a lot of pallas from failing to get Ike (rip).

Then I need an A skill for Eirika, and I'm assuming Draw Back is good on Reinhardt? Or is there a better Green skill for him?

What does a fresh babby Ryoma need to become the best generic lobsterman he can be?