Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
officially better than 2016 now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
a win is better than lego

Poistra
Mar 11, 2011
Outrageous Lumpwad
It's the koori round of course Canberra had to lose. #15isbetterthan16 #Tigersforthespoon

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Packer signed for the tigers. Pretty good replacement for woods, assuming he stays out of trouble

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
it's a pretty (skull) cracking signing

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

And Mitch ducks off to parra. Good week so far.

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Adam is a wonderful example of how a player should go about his business in the NRL
Have they lined up a replacement for him? The papers here said that Lolohea has been denied an immediate release, and he was the obvious replacement for Moses.

Jono C fucked around with this message at 07:51 on May 16, 2017

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Fairly certain we've got plenty of turnstiles at our grounds we can slot right in.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Cody Walker just asked for a release from Souths, he's a better half than Moses that would do well at the Tigers

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Adam is a wonderful example of how a player should go about his business in the NRL
http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/state-of-origin-2017-latrell-mitchell-in-frame-for-nsw-blues-wing-spot-20170515-gw550d.html

So somehow Latrell Mitchell has gone form NSW Cup to Origin contender. This makes no sense to me. The right edge should be Dugan/Fergusson, and the left edge should be any two of Hayne/Morris/Morris. I guess all of this is moot when Mitchell Pearce is named captain for life.

Hammond Egger
Feb 20, 2011

by the sex ghost

Jono C posted:

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/state-of-origin-2017-latrell-mitchell-in-frame-for-nsw-blues-wing-spot-20170515-gw550d.html

So somehow Latrell Mitchell has gone form NSW Cup to Origin contender. This makes no sense to me. The right edge should be Dugan/Fergusson, and the left edge should be any two of Hayne/Morris/Morris. I guess all of this is moot when Mitchell Pearce is named captain for life.

Laurie Daley's dream team probably still has Kurt Gidley captaining it somehow, every player out of position, and all the blame for their eventual thrashing laid at the feet of a player or two who probably should have only been eligible to play for them but for some unknowable reason opted to use a loophole to escape to Queensland.

Drint Blasters
Jul 1, 2007

Nice one, Teddy.
Lmao

I hope you aren't watching this Tigers game, iajanus cause yeah....

Drint Blasters fucked around with this message at 12:32 on May 19, 2017

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Drint Blasters posted:

Nice one, Teddy.
Lmao

I hope you aren't watching this Tigers game, iajanus cause yeah....

Friday nights are soccer nights.

Thank gently caress.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
Good to see Moses is still a turnstyle.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Jesus loving Christ Penrith what the gently caress are you doing

Tigers first wooden spoon incoming :suicide:

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Knights are playing really well, hopefully we can keep it up

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
nevermind

Contra Duck
Nov 4, 2004

#1 DAD
Good post sequence right there

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Was pretty scared there for a bit. The Knights are looking a shitload better nowadays. Considerably better than our sorry sacks of poo poo.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
If we cut out the silly errors we will be a lot more competitive

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

If we cut out being a terrible football team we'll win the premiership

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Are we talking about the Warriors or the Knights?

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Vagabundo posted:

Are we talking about the Warriors or the Knights?
the same team at this point, except the Knights cost a couple of million less

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

No Billy, Guerra and Myles picked in the Maroons team, Milford straight in at 5/8 over Morgan, completely bonkers

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

cpaf posted:

No Billy, Guerra and Myles picked in the Maroons team, Milford straight in at 5/8 over Morgan, completely bonkers
Team looks strong regardless

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

It's Queensland, they'll win no matter what they do.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.
Milford is named at 6 purely for Walters to stick his middle finger up at Wayne Bennett since Bennett wasn't going to release Milford to be 18th man. Thurston will play.

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

I can't really tell what's going on. Part of me thinks that Thurston is no chance to play, another thinks that Walters is just loving with Bennett.

Best case scenario: Thurston starts, sledges Pearce at the first scrum (somehow one-upping the "take a photo with the Wally Lewis statue" shot), drops the mic, gets interchanged and spends the rest of the game on the bench laughing his rear end off as Pearce fucks up again.

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

Jono C posted:

I can't really tell what's going on. Part of me thinks that Thurston is no chance to play, another thinks that Walters is just loving with Bennett.

It's two things I guess, he's named at 6 so Bennett releases him since he refused to do it if he was named at 18, and Walters likely sees Milford as a key part of the team in the future with JT/Cronk both on the cusp of rep retirement next year so he needs experience ASAP. Honestly I think Milford will show up if he plays, and I'm keen to see him play with that spine around him.

Snubbing Billy is just insane though, just to fit ONeill or even Oates into the team? Crazy. The only way I can rationalise having Boyd at fullback is to make Milford more comfortable.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

I think they left Billy out because he's one NSW dog shot away from a medical retirement. Absolutely guaranteed that if he plays he'll get blindsided off the ball.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

ili posted:

I think they left Billy out because he's one NSW dog shot away from a medical retirement. Absolutely guaranteed that if he plays he'll get blindsided off the ball.

Wait, they'll medically retire him the next time he puts a dog shot on someone? But he does them so often, why would this be any different?

I don't think I'm parsing your post correctly...?

(e: also it has to be Origin time again, the Queensland projection and inferiority complex are surfacing again. Always a joy :) )

iajanus fucked around with this message at 23:32 on May 22, 2017

ili
Jul 26, 2003

iajanus posted:

Wait, they'll medically retire him the next time he puts a dog shot on someone? But he does them so often, why would this be any different?

I don't think I'm parsing your post correctly...?

Since when does St Slater dog shot anyone? There's no way anyone from a Craig Bellamy coached team would do anything contrary to the spirit of the game.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

ili posted:

Since when does St Slater dog shot anyone? There's no way anyone from a Craig Bellamy coached team would do anything contrary to the spirit of the game.

Post of the loving year right here. Messaging mods to change the thread title.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
qld gonna win lol

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

well duh, it's state of origin

that's what always happens

the big question is what gus' speech will be like, it's like totally the highlight every year

BCR
Jan 23, 2011

the pre origin game 1 cliche hype machine show will broadcast 100 loving minutes before the first touch

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

The first and most important lesson is to look up the scheduled kick-off time, add 30 minutes, and then tune in and you'll probably still be able to catch the anthems and last bit of the preshow. Or just skip the net two hours and tune in to see the Queensland victory interviews on Foxsports.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
it seems like NSW are playing a bunch of people out of position in the backs again, that always works out well :lol:

on the computer
Jan 4, 2012

When your best two centres are fullbacks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

woofbro
Nov 25, 2013

iajanus posted:

the big question is what gus' speech will be like, it's like totally the highlight every year

Yadda yadda yadda Modern Day Gladiators yadda yadda yadda mate against mate, state against state

• Locked thread