Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sexpot
Nov 12, 2016

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

8-Bit Scholar posted:

Hillary Clinton would have shot down Russian fighters and caused WW3.

A-hyuk a-hyuk :jerkbag:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boner Zone
Jan 14, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
http://thehill.com/policy/national-security/333569-european-official-country-might-stop-sharing-intel-with-us

whoops!

theperminator
Sep 16, 2009

by Smythe
Fun Shoe

I'm sure European intelligence is really useful what with the constant terrorist attacks and them doing nothing about them except for saying "we tried nothing and it isn't working!"

Europeans are naive babies

Boner Zone
Jan 14, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo

theperminator posted:

I'm sure European intelligence is really useful what with the constant terrorist attacks and them doing nothing about them except for saying "we tried nothing and it isn't working!"

Europeans are naive babies

you're australian

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!
Not reading this whole thread, how many Russian Trumpets are defending this twat?

theperminator
Sep 16, 2009

by Smythe
Fun Shoe

Boner Zone posted:

you're australian

No terrorist attacks and no illegals, were doing alright thanks.

sexpot
Nov 12, 2016

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Boner Zone posted:

you're australian

Shameful

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

theperminator posted:

you can bet your rear end that the unnamed European country isn't a member of the Five Eyes

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

theperminator posted:

Wrong on both counts dipshit

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

theperminator posted:

lmao

theperminator
Sep 16, 2009

by Smythe
Fun Shoe

Mr. F! posted:

Wrong on both counts dipshit

Citation needed

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?

theperminator posted:

Yeah Tony was a bit of an idiot but at least he stopped the boats

This seems problematic

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

theperminator posted:

Those spiders though.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

theperminator posted:

Citation needed

https://www.google.com

theperminator
Sep 16, 2009

by Smythe
Fun Shoe

Lol yeah sorry if you're gonna say "there have so been terrorist attacks" you'd think someone could link just one but I don't need google because I live here and know there hasn't been any.

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Australia is under constant Terror attack by itself.

Boner Zone
Jan 14, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo

VikingSkull posted:

you can bet your rear end that the unnamed European country isn't a member of the Five Eyes

otoh the intel source was probably Jordanian but it's not like we could use a trusted source of intel across the border from ISIS so whatevs

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

theperminator posted:

Lol yeah sorry if you're gonna say "there have so been terrorist attacks" you'd think someone could link just one but I don't need google because I live here and know there hasn't been any.

The guy who took the cafe hostage and Indonesian refugees who sneak into the country.

theperminator
Sep 16, 2009

by Smythe
Fun Shoe

Mr. F! posted:

The guy who took the cafe hostage and Indonesian refugees who sneak into the country.

Monis was mentally ill and wasn't a terrorist and what indo refugees? we put everyone in camps.

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

NotWearingPants posted:

So the theory is this guy leaked to Wikileaks and the Russians killed him to cover their tracks?

lol, russians

lol

it was podesta tha molesta and the other moral bulwarks present at the dnc. there's nothing incriminating about russia in the email leaks. there's shitloads of incriminating dirt on the DNC

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

nigga crab pollock posted:

lol, russians

lol

it was podesta tha molesta and the other moral bulwarks present at the dnc. there's nothing incriminating about russia in the email leaks. there's shitloads of incriminating dirt on the DNC

O rly?

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

theperminator posted:

who would want to attack or flee to australia

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
what even is there to attack, the giant part that's always on fire and a few guys on walkabout so they can skip work?

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

VikingSkull posted:

yo this is a crazy thought but maybe the US shouldn't be in the business of deciding whether another country has an "acceptable" government

After America's pervasive (and often very violent) interference in Syria, Iran, the Congo, Guatemala, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Turkey, Russia, Iraq, Honduras, and Libya- among countless others- having a foreign government infiltrate the US political sphere and destroy it would be entirely justified. I fully support Russia/China/DPRK/Mexico/Britain/whoever is working to bring down the US. Burn!!

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Lumpy the Cook posted:

After America's pervasive (and often very violent) interference in Syria, Iran, the Congo, Guatemala, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Turkey, Russia, Iraq, Honduras, and Libya- among countless others- having a foreign government infiltrate the US political sphere and destroy it would be entirely justified. I fully support Russia/China/DPRK/Mexico/Britain/whoever is working to bring down the US. Burn!!

cool great now the nsa is going to read this thread

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
what I don't understand is we all heard about this laptop bomb poo poo weeks ago so how could him talking about it be a secret?

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

do the email leaks contain evidence that russia rigged the democratic primary, or that the russians were unethically providing journalists with pre written stories to run, or that russia was paying people to commit acts of violence at political rallies?

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

do the email leaks contain evidence that russia rigged the democratic primary, or that the russians were unethically providing journalists with pre written stories to run, or that russia was paying people to commit acts of violence at political rallies?

i dont think putin is capable of any of this. have you seen his cute dog?

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

neither

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
because that's what the dnc did, and denying it in favor of some lame rear end russia yarn is pretty much willfully acknowledging that you're more willing to open your mouth and willing let a bunch of lying hacks poo poo in your mouth just because it's their job and its what you're supposed to do

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

I cannot accept this Russian talk because that would mean I have to agree with L-L-L-lib--LIBERALS

We cannot have that, what would my red pilled friends say?

Boner Zone
Jan 14, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Russia sucks rear end even if they had nothing to do with the election

We tried a Russian reset starting in 2009 and then they invaded Ukraine, annexed Crimea and destroyed a civilian airliner, on top of increasing their lovely NATO provocation tactics with their military aircraft. At the very least they ain't our bros who we should be sharing intel with cuz they'll just turn around and gently caress us with it

tsa
Feb 3, 2014

Mozi posted:

you're pretty blatantly wrong

Russia knows about it, and our spies that spy on them know about it, and eventually Jordan or whoever it was would have found out we blabbed

This was codeword classification stuff. Once it's leaked, the asset can't be used anymore. So if there were any more plots to get discovered we can't get them that way.

I feel that this is all very very obvious stuff that you too would realize if the president wasn't somebody that you've bound up your own sense of self-worth with. Just admit you were wrong, you will have to at some point.

It's v. Funny how morons like this dude pretend like they became security and intelligence experts overnight when really they are just regurgitating some wapo article they barely understand. Lol!!!

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

lol, russians

lol

Lol sorry but that so called dirt is illegal for your eyes sir

bag em and tag em
Nov 4, 2008
I bet the Russians could trick Trump by teasing him that he doesn't know the real nuke codes.

CaptaiNova
Jan 27, 2009

VikingSkull posted:

no one would have known this happened had it not been leaked and plastered all over the news, and nothing in the report leads me to believe he put the United States' national security at risk

in fact, it's possible that him providing the intel to Russia saved lives, who knows

Bringing this back because it is ridiculous and highlights an ongoing problem in this thread/GBS.

Trump himself has confirmed that he gave out classified info at this point (on his Twitter), and all signs point to him telling Russian officials of the city where this intel came from. By giving out this location to a nation that is not one our allies and has the potential to work against us, there is potential they put a foreign undercover operative in that location at risk. Even worse and much less speculative, this set the example that the US could not be trusted with intelligence from our allies, likely hurting our relationships with some of them and making it less likely in the future that important intel regarding terrorist activity will be told to us.

These are all pretty much facts, especially after Trump's Twitter admission that gave credence to media reports on the situation. So our National Security was definitely put at risk in this situation.

The idea that this may have, "saved lives, who knows," is baseless, and a dangerous throwaway comment. You did not give any reason to believe this, but you seem confident in that belief. By utilizing no logic, you just demonstrated a thoughtless allegiance and made it obvious that not only will you support everything Trump does but that it is too easy for you to ignore even possible mistakes.

I know this is GBS and the bar for intellectualism can be set pretty low, but if we are throwing all logic out the window there is no way we can have an argument. Like that aussie in here trying to say no terror attacks happen in Australia, and then when someone brings up a terror attack that happened in Australia they responded along the lines of, "they were mentally ill not a terrorist," as if the two are mutually exclusive. What? Failing to admit you were wrong doesn't make you correct, it just makes you annoying and still wrong.

We can shout back and forth about whether we're a leftist, a rightist, or some special place in-between all day. But can we bring this back to the actual story here? Because if someone wants to have a real argument and make me think differently, show me evidence that either 1. The media reports are false and what Trump told Russian officials was minor compared to what was reported 2. Russia is becoming an honest ally that will only use the intel in ways that will put the US in no danger, or 3. Regardless of what Trump told the Russians, no undercover operatives will be found out/harmed and our relationships with our allies will be unaffected. I do not think anyone will find evidence corroborating any of those three things, but if you can I am willing to admit where I am wrong.

Shoot.

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta
lol "there is potential"... "these are facts"

You're an idiot.

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
thats a whole lot of doublethink pseudointellectual drivel to drive home the point that you've already made up your mind that the media reports on this are factual despite the fact that no reasonable person could come to that conclusion and are basing your entire understanding of this situation on information that is pretty much completely worthless by your own admission

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

you've already made up your mind that the media reports on this are factual despite the fact that no reasonable person could come to that conclusion
What would a "reasonable person" conclude from these tweets?

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/864436162567471104
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/864438529472049152

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

maybe if you look deep enough you'll find secret messages meant for the KGB dude

• Locked thread