Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

Random question about Dragon Rush M+: Padx says that if Ilsix resolve triggers he uses a 50% heal that also damages you. Does this happen in an order? Would an active counterattack kill him before he heals (ala Zeus / Hera) or is it simultaneous?

I know this dungeon is old as poo poo but I'm happily clearing out like two years of missed content.
It does happen in order but since it's one move, it will add in the heal on top of the counter attack damage. Zeus and Hera are just an oddity because they tried to make it feel like both of them are taking a turn so they are essentially taking two moves instead of one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

I already have a Diaochan so stop voting for her please

RobotRob
Aug 7, 2007

Let's get weird, but not end of BSG weird.

Paul Zuvella posted:

I already have a Diaochan so stop voting for her please

But everyone needs 2 so you should vote for her. What I don't understand is everyone saying not to vote for 6* GFE's and then going and voting for a 6* pantheon card.

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011
Your dad's in the Russian Mafia, that's the jumpoff!

robbob posted:

But everyone needs 2 so you should vote for her. What I don't understand is everyone saying not to vote for 6* GFE's and then going and voting for a 6* pantheon card.

I'm planning on using ny Alt accounts vote for a 5* panethon god that goes well with Persephone, or barring that, a better leader than Persephone.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

The Jumpoff posted:

I'm planning on using ny Alt accounts vote for a 5* panethon god that goes well with Persephone, or barring that, a better leader than Persephone.

people are already gonna vote for haku don't worry

fairlight
May 18, 2007

Rolled a julie with challenge stones :waycool:

Not really better than dathena, radra or kushi, and those cover a pretty diverse range of playstyles. Who's the best row/blob lead these days? I use Meri.

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011
Your dad's in the Russian Mafia, that's the jumpoff!

Manatee Cannon posted:

people are already gonna vote for haku don't worry

I'll probably vote for Castor or Pandora then. Or Akechi.

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House
vote Diaochan and be sad when you don't roll her

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

Random question about Dragon Rush M+: Padx says that if Ilsix resolve triggers he uses a 50% heal that also damages you. Does this happen in an order? Would an active counterattack kill him before he heals (ala Zeus / Hera) or is it simultaneous?
I don't think the Zera-style resolve attack has happened again after everyone figured out you can cheese it

isndl
May 2, 2012
I WON A CONTEST IN TG AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS CUSTOM TITLE

iPodschun posted:

I don't think the Zera-style resolve attack has happened again after everyone figured out you can cheese it

Crocodile dude from JTTW? I think that's the only other place where counterattack is useful, but he's not status shielded like Zera so it's less necessary.

When Pigs Cry
Oct 23, 2012
Buglord
I'm just going to keep voting for Isis so I can keep being angry that I still don't have one.

TheQuietWilds
Sep 8, 2009
There are basically four cards that would make a difference to me: Kushi, Anubis, DiaoChan & Liu Bei. They'll all be in there anyways, so I'm saving my vote until near the end of voting so I can help something stupid slide in last minute.

UchihaHirou
Mar 8, 2007

Active Skill:
Solves all problems.

robbob posted:

6* Pantheon has a higher chance of being pulled than 6* GFE. JP has the statistics listed somewhere.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Help I can't clear ch10 because I'm bad at making 9-combos.

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I did it running coop with my alt using RMinerva teams.

Sweep FL 1
Stall FL 2 a few turns
Sweep FL 3 using A.CaoCao
Sweep FL 4
Use Charite on FL 5 and wait
Stall FL 6 as long as possbile
Reduce to 50% HP, wait out the 9 combo skill and kill on FL 7. With the resists, you can practically 1 combo and stay alive. You can resist the bombs with 5 jammer res between all cards.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I don't have Minerva :negative: I can probably clear it with a better Haku board on the last floor (I inherited Maeda on Persephone to clear the locks) since getting to it isn't really that hard.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Lol, bring a gravity you scrub.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

trucutru posted:

Lol, bring a gravity you scrub.

Too late, I worked that board like a real pro got a nice skyfall and I'm done with the dumb dungeon.

pankus
Jul 30, 2003
Even though I have dathena I like using kush a lot more. Was having trouble on c10 with a dark team so I put these 2 xm to use with a red healer team. Will hit a little harder when awoken uriel gets here. Shame about the weak (relative to haku) hp though.

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
Now that I've gotten my feet wet (it's fun, even if I'm mostly just getting carried by Vajrayaska and friend helpers) . A few questions from reading the last pages:

1. Should I save all of my stones for the next Godfest, and eschew the 10 magic stone one? I pulled once from it and got Barbara, who seems neat. Are there any other ones worth trying for, or is the upcoming event super worth it?
2. The newbie guide says to save vampires, mermaids, and other stuff. I got 3 vampies and 1 mermaid. What should I be doing with them?
3. What are the key dungeons I should be running per day?

Thanks!

Also, who wants to be bestest friends? =p

GoodBee
Apr 8, 2004

Dragongem posted:

Now that I've gotten my feet wet (it's fun, even if I'm mostly just getting carried by Vajrayaska and friend helpers) . A few questions from reading the last pages:

1. Should I save all of my stones for the next Godfest, and eschew the 10 magic stone one? I pulled once from it and got Barbara, who seems neat. Are there any other ones worth trying for, or is the upcoming event super worth it?

There's some decent stuff in it. Some of it is really nice for a new account, even if it doesn't hold up later game. The problem with rolling a bunch on it on a new account is that it costs twice as many stones.

I think it's probably better early on to have twice as many monsters to choose from.

quote:

2. The newbie guide says to save vampires, mermaids, and other stuff. I got 3 vampies and 1 mermaid. What should I be doing with them?

Those are rare farmable monster with potentially useful active skills. It's easier to hang onto one than go farm one up if you need it. You want to keep one of each and feed the rest for skill ups.

It's easier to just say keep them all than evaluate their potential usefulness.

quote:

Thanks!

It really depends on how you want to play. Half the time I don't know what the hell I should be doing.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Dragongem posted:

1. Should I save all of my stones for the next Godfest, and eschew the 10 magic stone one?

Yes, absolutely.

Read
Dec 21, 2010

Dragongem posted:

1. Should I save all of my stones for the next Godfest, and eschew the 10 magic stone one?

Yes and yes.

You're still pretty new, so you can mostly focus on doing normals and techs - but besides that you should be doing the daily evo dungeons as needed to evo your monsters, and daily metal dungeons to level them. You can solo some of that, but you'll need a coop partner to carry you through the harder evo dungeons (pretty much anyone who's played for a while can do this).

If you want help keeping track of what evo materials you need, you can use https://www.padherder.com/ to track your monsters. You'll probably have to manually upload your monsters unless you can finagle and get padlistener/padproxy to work. Once you have your monsters uploaded you can check the materials page to see what you need. You'll also get daily reminders of what evo materials you need from that particular day, ex:

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.
Hm, I remembered that I have Armored Batman and that he would be a great assist for a Kush team.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

fairlight posted:

Rolled a julie with challenge stones :waycool:

Not really better than dathena, radra or kushi, and those cover a pretty diverse range of playstyles. Who's the best row/blob lead these days? I use Meri.
Julie is just a lot of fun to play. Same difficulty as Athena, but more tanky. She finally let me use my badass blue prong subs.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

yea the ability to actually make use of blue prong stuff seems to be the real use case for julie. they need to add a summer version of dathena in the beach event so I can finally make use of my scheat and horde of scheat shinji dupes (which I can't even use with julie because they eat green orbs)

Ironsolid
Mar 1, 2005

Fishing isn't an addiction, it's a way of life. Everything to gain while losing everything
How often does the Pad Z collab come around?

Manatee Cannon posted:

yea the ability to actually make use of blue prong stuff seems to be the real use case for julie. they need to add a summer version of dathena in the beach event so I can finally make use of my scheat and horde of scheat shinji dupes (which I can't even use with julie because they eat green orbs)

Considering the beach REM is one of the only real good REMs, that would be neat to see. It would almost be like You Yu becomes a usage of box space instead of a lead I use once in a while.

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

pookel posted:

Also I keep seeing "favorite every pull!!" but you start with 50 slots and you also have to stock up on evo materials. I have fed a ton of crappy rares away because I just didn't have room. How many slots do you guys expand to?

1200 on main, 1000 on alt.

Both have about 200 spots of flex space after accounting for favorites, evo mats, and pis.

Early on, 5 stones for 25 box space is worth more than selling something you might want 3 years from now.

Late, 25 box space is worth more than another G I R L G O L E M.

There's probably some wiggle room in the middle, but unless you have excessive box space and nothing good, buying box space has more long-term benefits than rolling another piece of trash from the REM. Unless you're feeling lucky.

Are you feeling lucky, punk?

Enjoy Cinderella #7!

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I'm at like 825 with 60-70 floating/empty. I have a ton of poo poo I probably should have left in the mail and an ever growing stack of pys for colors i don't use.

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.
I'm a sheep. Tell me who to vote for in PCGF.

junan_paalla
Dec 29, 2009

Seriously, do drugs
Just pick the monster you'd want to pull out of that REM. Simple.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

vulturesrow posted:

It literally doesn't matter because your one vote won't matter.

TheQuietWilds
Sep 8, 2009

vulturesrow posted:

Wait until the last day and then vote for the most ridiculous card that has a chance of sliding in.

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.

TheQuietWilds posted:

Wait until the last day and then vote for the most ridiculous card that has a chance of sliding in.

Winner.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Don't vote, your rolls will be trash regardless.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
always vote for waifu

algedi imo

WalrusWhiskers
Nov 1, 2010

He's got no teeth, see?
Fun Shoe
I feel like there's a joke to be made comparing the PCGF to the presidential election, but I'm not smart enough to make it.

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD
Any idea what the invade rate is on the Orpharion parts in the associated dungeons? I've done about 50 runs in the past 2 days hunting for parts and have seen zero invades, despite it being an advertised part of this event. Feels bad man.

Ironsolid
Mar 1, 2005

Fishing isn't an addiction, it's a way of life. Everything to gain while losing everything

Paul Zuvella posted:

It literally doesn't matter because your one vote won't matter.

US elections

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Make NA servers great again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House

SweetJahasus posted:

Any idea what the invade rate is on the Orpharion parts in the associated dungeons? I've done about 50 runs in the past 2 days hunting for parts and have seen zero invades, despite it being an advertised part of this event. Feels bad man.
PDX has them at ~2% normally so you're having some bad luck but that happens with low % drops! Also, they're not invades; you get the body part instead of the boss drop