Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

[x]

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Better than the "Tits n' rear end" thing they made Catria do.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Robin and Camilla are using the wrong hand.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

Tae posted:

The same could be said for basically any character. Most people don't read more than 2 supports in the grand fandom.

I mean, there's a reason Robin is in the final as well. The dude's personality is "generally bewildered" at best.

I like Robin in Awakening, but let's not pretend that most fans are voting on personality here.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

Reinhardt is adjusting his collar it's totally different

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

FartingBedpost posted:

I mean, there's a reason Robin is in the final as well. The dude's personality is "generally bewildered" at best.

I like Robin in Awakening, but let's not pretend that most fans are voting on personality here.

He's in the final because he was in Smash Bros, and was the self-insert for Awakening, the game that many players started with.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Time to tip the scales is a cool phrase

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

BlazeEmblem posted:

He's in the final because he was in Smash Bros, and was the self-insert for Awakening, the game that many players started with.

My point exactly? I'm just saying he doesn't have much to go on besides that. "Tip the scales" is a good phrase, though. I agree with that.

Anyways, back to the fun part of this game. I have enough feathers to promote two to gold, any suggestions? I have:

Sharena
Reinhardt
Xander
Nino
M!Robin
Ursula
Zephiel
Jeorge
and a Cherche I've been trying to meme with.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
If Reinhardt is +atk he's in the running for best character in the game

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

cheetah7071 posted:

If Reinhardt is +atk he's in the running for best character in the game

I'll need to double check, but I'm fairly sure he's a +spd. Is that still viable?

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I'd hold out on anything other than +atk. He's 4* so you'll get more eventually. On that list, Sharena is a good choice, as is +spd Nino (Nino is also good but again why waste feathers when you'll get more of her eventually)

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Alternatively, promote Cherche

Don't let your memes be dreams

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

So is this just one of the worst arena weeks in ages? lovely bonus units, plus Lava Cave, Twin Bridges, and that lovely plains map with all the breakable walls.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Xander is good

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

why do people hate lava cave

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Elyv posted:

why do people hate lava cave

It sucks if you don't have a ranged unit, I guess.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
A: Still waiting on Hector in the gauntlet... all other flags from me are "meh, they'll probably go far."

B: I'll have enough feathers to 5* someone again after this gauntlet. Who should i 5*?

My main team is usually Ursula with Dragon Gaze (didn't have enough sp to get better), stock hawkeye or camilla depending, a 40+1 lucius (I'm not fond of lucius), and either little tiki or caeda.
(Almost all of those were before inherit skill so they're stock. I play slowly.)

I do have an azura, a hector (w/bonfire), and a roy to train up.

Since i have a dearth of casters and colorless, I was thinking of promoting:
4* 40 cecilia or 4* 40 merrick (leaning towards cecilia),
4* 40 setsuna (can't give BB+ as i have no other archer 5*s) or a jeorge i am training to 40,
4* 38 (gonna get to 40) Matthew with death blow (thinking about dragon gaze)
4* 40 wrys (who had a ton of extra sp so i gave him threaten attack and defiant defense. He's my goddam all-star, has more hero merit than anyone else).

Opinions? I know I'm not optimized or min/maxed, i didn't even bother looking at IVs 'cuz I'm not that serious. I just want to round out my team with a good player.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
All of those characters are kinda garbage, I don't think I'd promote any of them

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
Oh, and a 4* 40 Sharena with Moonbow who has been kicking rear end. I kinda wanna promote her, even though i need casters more.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Promote Sharena.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
Fuckin done.

Well, once the gauntlet is over

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Sharena is good. If you're hard up for mages I would probably roll on these banners assuming you're hoarding orbs instead of running dry

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Sharena has been in my arena team since the beginning and she's never underperformed, she's great.

I just wish there was a chance to get extra units of her for merging.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Would it be too threatening to whale supremacy if you could do something like spend 20k feathers to +1 a character with 2k hero merit, and then reset their merit to 0?

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

cheetah7071 posted:

Sharena is good. If you're hard up for mages I would probably roll on these banners assuming you're hoarding orbs instead of running dry

I'm a grad student with not enough time to play to get the things i want. The only reason i could put together such a long post was because I got sick of sieving ground rock and decided to get a couple beers. Gonna head back to work now, and roll on the banners when i can.

First world problems, man.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Tae posted:

It sucks if you don't have a ranged unit, I guess.

Arena in general is pretty hard with no ranged units

My first half a dozen or so five stars were all melee and at some point I decided I'd rather run a 4 star ranged unit than an all melee comp

E: and at the time, I didn't realize it would make my opposition easier, either

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Ran into my first whale 690 team with +4/5 Nino, Roy, RobinM and Ninian.

Still an easy victory. Go go tank team!

Really glad Subaki's a bonus unit, these next two weeks should be easy.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

I have exactly none of these bonus units leveled. I don't even have most of them!

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
^^ You should at least have a four star Subaki by now. He's good.

Julia looks really high

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

What skills should I be looking to give Xander for being on a horse emblem team? I haven't given him anything besides Siegfried so everything is open.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Man, I really can't hold onto orbs

E: Bring on a month of lovely banners IS

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

TheKingofSprings posted:

Man, I really can't hold onto orbs

E: Bring on a month of lovely banners IS

After celica is gonna be a banner of generic nobodies followed by brides

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

cheetah7071 posted:

I'd hold out on anything other than +atk. He's 4* so you'll get more eventually. On that list, Sharena is a good choice, as is +spd Nino (Nino is also good but again why waste feathers when you'll get more of her eventually)

cheetah7071 posted:

cheetah7071 posted:

Xander is good

Thank you for the advice! I'm probably gonna go with Cherche and/or Nino, since she's +SPD.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

FartingBedpost posted:

Thank you for the advice! I'm probably gonna go with Cherche and/or Nino, since she's +SPD.

The only reservation is that nino requires a team built around her to be good. Sharena is really good on that team, incidentally

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

cheetah7071 posted:

Yeah but who are the brides gonna be?

Or the nobodies for that matter, could be some really cool nobodies.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Tired Moritz posted:

^^ You should at least have a four star Subaki by now. He's good.

Julia looks really high

nope, too busy giving other units Quick Riposte

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Yeah but who are the brides gonna be?

Or the nobodies for that matter, could be some really cool nobodies.

Gwendolyn/Est/Stahl/CorrinM/Sakura banner let's go.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

cheetah7071 posted:

I believe the next banners are "Vs. Lloyd" and whatever the hell the "Weapon Triangle" banner entails. Probably going to be people with the gem weapons or some other gimmick related to the weapon triangle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

cheetah7071 posted:

I'm considering properly kitting out my Cherche. I stuck her on Team Flier Emblem to try and make those 10th Stratum quests less painful. I was having a devil of a time with... part 5 Lunatic? The Mountains of Whatever map, the one you have to beat with a an axe user without losing anyone. I fielded Cherche and Subaki, and then kited the enemies around the mountain range and laughed, picking them off where I could and having Olivia Dance them out of the way. It was magical.

She already ate Raven for his Brave Axe so when I get the spare feathers I can at least make her 4*. Cherche is good.