Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

https://www.padherder.com/user/evensprkSA/monsters/

I'm running my girlfriend's account for a couple of weeks and I'm not sure about teams. I'm pushing to get Revo Kushi going and then I expect her best teams will be Kushi, Gremory and Anubis, but I'm not sure which subs I should be pushing for those teams. She has Haku and Allura for Kushi, but only one Haku. Thoughts?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

LuciferMorningstar posted:

Slap some of those devil killer latents on her, too.

Ah. And here I was happy with the effective 1100x multiplier she has on my Astaroth team in Devil Rush. Time to track down a latent...

Wait. Couldn't you use two killer latents for 81x?

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.

Sono posted:

Ah. And here I was happy with the effective 1100x multiplier she has on my Astaroth team in Devil Rush. Time to track down a latent...

Wait. Couldn't you use two killer latents for 81x?

Mito can have 3 devil killer latents, combined with her double devil killer awakenings, she gets up to 30.375x damage against devils, like in the sheet. Latents are 1.5x damage each.

Squinky v2.0
Nov 16, 2006

Behind you! A three headed monkey!

College Slice
Looking to fill my friends list, everyone of all levels feel free to add me. I run Meridionalis, Julie, You yu, Dathena, shivadra, Kaede

328 543 324

Also looking to BFF a buff Julie, ideally a triangle but if that can't be arranged I'll just add someone

Olothreutes
Mar 31, 2007

So I just started playing this game and I'm running out of space to store monsters in. I have a load of evolution materials that I can't use, is it safe to feed/sell those things? Clearly they must be pretty easy to farm if I have tons of them at rank 71 (like 60 of my levels came from two dungeons).

Read
Dec 21, 2010

trucutru posted:

So, if there is one monster evo path that lets you get, say, a devil killer awakening and then you switch to another path that doesn't allow for it do you lose the awakening? I have never actually paid attention to this.

As others have said, yes you lose the awakening - but bear in mind that you don't lose the total awakenings unlocked.

Ex: Your monster has a 3 way split evo and the 3 evos have 5, 7, and 9 awakenings respectively. You start on the 7 awakening monster and feed it 9 Tamadras.
If you change evos to the 5 awakening one, it will have all 5.
If you change evos to the 9 awakening one, it will have all 9.

Caveat: You can't pre-awaken a monster with no awakenings, like base form Kaede.

Olothreutes posted:

So I just started playing this game and I'm running out of space to store monsters in. I have a load of evolution materials that I can't use, is it safe to feed/sell those things? Clearly they must be pretty easy to farm if I have tons of them at rank 71 (like 60 of my levels came from two dungeons).

If you haven't already, then favourite all your monsters from the Rare Egg Machine so you don't accidentally sell them. But yes it's totally fine to sell excess evo materials, I keep some on hand at all times (people vary in their opinions about how many of which it is worth keeping) but it's really just for convenience not because they're super valuable. You may want to keep some jewels and tricolour fruits/masks around since they're annoying to farm, but you probably don't need to worry much about that yet.

Read fucked around with this message at 08:45 on May 19, 2017

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX

Read posted:

As others have said, yes you lose the awakening - but bear in mind that you don't lose the total awakenings unlocked.

Ex: Your monster has a 3 way split evo and the 3 evos have 5, 7, and 9 awakenings respectively. You start on the 7 awakening monster and feed it 9 Tamadras.

Caveat: You can't pre-awaken a monster with no awakenings, like base form Kaede.

lmao

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Been soloing Arena 3 with Sakuya (and ginchiyo, don't tell anyone) because why not? This game needs more things to do solo.

Here, have some official art of Saria harassing Sakuya.

RobotRob
Aug 7, 2007

Let's get weird, but not end of BSG weird.

Squinky v2.0 posted:

Looking to fill my friends list, everyone of all levels feel free to add me. I run Meridionalis, Julie, You yu, Dathena, shivadra, Kaede

328 543 324

Also looking to BFF a buff Julie, ideally a triangle but if that can't be arranged I'll just add someone

Sent you an invite. Still working on Evo mats for my Julie team but should have it up and running soon. I usually run dathena, radra, aizen, rkush, Meri, myr. Still have my bff available as well.

junan_paalla
Dec 29, 2009

Seriously, do drugs
Lmao the new descend boss has 100m hp on just legend+, and the trash mobs have at least 6m hp each (and come in groups of three).

aquaticrabbit
Aug 2, 2004

Squinky v2.0 posted:

328 543 324

I'm down for a triangle. I run Julie with a Fujin inherit. Barnaby SA - 383,716,336. Kaede and Ronove are currently in my other lead spots.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

junan_paalla posted:

Lmao the new descend boss has 100m hp on just legend+, and the trash mobs have at least 6m hp each (and come in groups of three).

I ran an all Dragon radog team and toasted it

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Read posted:

Uhm... tructru has been playing for over 4 years, and was talking about the killer latents.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Trucu claims to have been playing for 4 years but can we really say if he knows how to play???

Ironsolid
Mar 1, 2005

Fishing isn't an addiction, it's a way of life. Everything to gain while losing everything

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Trucu claims to have been playing for 4 years but can we really say if he knows how to play???

I frustrate trucutru so much in multiplayer. :D

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Like a week ago I realized you can move the orb more than one space. Let me tell you, it makes comboing with kushi much more consistent.

Squinky v2.0
Nov 16, 2006

College Slice

aquaticrabbit posted:

I'm down for a triangle. I run Julie with a Fujin inherit. Barnaby SA - 383,716,336. Kaede and Ronove are currently in my other lead spots.

robbob posted:

Sent you an invite. Still working on Evo mats for my Julie team but should have it up and running soon. I usually run dathena, radra, aizen, rkush, Meri, myr. Still have my bff available as well.

My Julie will be done when I get a green mask for the evo, missed them this week.

Barnaby I see we are already friends, I'd definitely be willing to BFF you but maybe the tree of us can get a triangle going? Always better to have more friends.

As an aside, what are some good inherits for Julie? I'm already using my skulds and Karin on the team, don't have any other BG board makers.

RobotRob
Aug 7, 2007

Squinky v2.0 posted:

My Julie will be done when I get a green mask for the evo, missed them this week.

Barnaby I see we are already friends, I'd definitely be willing to BFF you but maybe the tree of us can get a triangle going? Always better to have more friends.

As an aside, what are some good inherits for Julie? I'm already using my skulds and Karin on the team, don't have any other BG board makers.

I'm down for a triangle. Not sure about inherits yet. My alt will probably have fujin on that julie but since I don't have one on my main I'm thinking either skuld, pirate gronia, or orochi. I need to play with this team more to get a feel for what I'm missing skills wise.

cirus
Apr 5, 2011

trucutru posted:

Like a week ago I realized you can move the orb more than one space. Let me tell you, it makes comboing with kushi much more consistent.

Have you tried focusing your attacks on it?

cheezit
Jan 9, 2004

sleep?
Is there any reason to keep a Haku with the Dragon/God killers? I've been running D.Athena and R.Kushi lately and have 2 R.Haku's already. I know the killer one wouldn't work with R.Kushi, but would there be any reason to not convert to Revo for both teams? Guessing no, just so tired of evoing haku...haha.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

cheezit posted:

Is there any reason to keep a Haku with the Dragon/God killers? I've been running D.Athena and R.Kushi lately and have 2 R.Haku's already. I know the killer one wouldn't work with R.Kushi, but would there be any reason to not convert to Revo for both teams? Guessing no, just so tired of evoing haku...haha.

Just revo the hahu already, cheezit.

cheezit
Jan 9, 2004

sleep?

Paul Zuvella posted:

Just revo the hahu already, cheezit.

BUT I ALREADY HAVE TWO ok you're right. I just wanted to see if there was any reason to keep it. Now, do I run without a bind clear on D.Athena or do I run without Loki....hmm.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

use your loki because otherwise you won't be skill bind immune. if you need a bind clear, inherit it on dathena. you don't really need to tho

aquaticrabbit
Aug 2, 2004

Squinky v2.0 posted:

Sounds good. I'll BFF robbob once he confirms his ID and in game name. Feel free to BFF me and robbob will BFF you.

Since you've already got good board changers on your team I would inherit utility, enhance, or a faster orb changer on Julie. BValk, Orochi, Sun Quan, Sheen, Scheat, Andromeda are options. Could even do Susano or Indra if you want even more mitigation.

Squinky v2.0
Nov 16, 2006

College Slice

aquaticrabbit posted:

Sounds good. I'll BFF robbob once he confirms his ID and in game name. Feel free to BFF me and robbob will BFF you.

Since you've already got good board changers on your team I would inherit utility, enhance, or a faster orb changer on Julie. BValk, Orochi, Sun Quan, Sheen, Scheat, Andromeda are options. Could even do Susano or Indra if you want even more mitigation.

Cool, lets do it that way. I just BFFd you, you to Rob, Rob to me.

RobotRob
Aug 7, 2007

Squinky v2.0 posted:

Cool, lets do it that way. I just BFFd you, you to Rob, Rob to me.

Alright. I will BFF Squinky.

My ID is 328,597,359
In Game is RobSA

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.

trucutru posted:

Been soloing Arena 3 with Sakuya (and ginchiyo, don't tell anyone) because why not? This game needs more things to do solo.

I have Sakuya. What does team building for her look like?

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

If I forget to do Hephdra tonight I will go loving bananas

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

New DMeta is a ton of fun.

Munkaboo
Aug 5, 2002

If you know the words, you can join in too
He's bigger! faster! stronger too!
He's the newest member of the Jags O-Line crew!

panascope posted:

New DMeta is a ton of fun.

Lmeta is not.

Olothreutes
Mar 31, 2007

Read posted:

If you haven't already, then favourite all your monsters from the Rare Egg Machine so you don't accidentally sell them. But yes it's totally fine to sell excess evo materials, I keep some on hand at all times (people vary in their opinions about how many of which it is worth keeping) but it's really just for convenience not because they're super valuable. You may want to keep some jewels and tricolour fruits/masks around since they're annoying to farm, but you probably don't need to worry much about that yet.

Oh, don't worry, I already stupidly decided to feed a bunch of things to other things because I thought they weren't any good. :rip: Da Qiao & Xiao Qiao.

I do have a Sacred Texts Researcher, Mito, which maybe is good? Also Sheena, Lumiel, Arthur, and Guan Yu. I'm not sure if any of these are good at all beyond Mito, who I am using as my leader because I am bad at the game and the extra two seconds of orb time are really helpful. Also, should I pull from the 10 stone thing right now? I can maybe get two or three more pulls before it goes away, or I can save my stones for something cheaper? And are PAL points worth stockpiling for events or should I just spend them all now to get things and worry about saving them later?

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

Olothreutes posted:

Oh, don't worry, I already stupidly decided to feed a bunch of things to other things because I thought they weren't any good. :rip: Da Qiao & Xiao Qiao.

I do have a Sacred Texts Researcher, Mito, which maybe is good? Also Sheena, Lumiel, Arthur, and Guan Yu. I'm not sure if any of these are good at all beyond Mito, who I am using as my leader because I am bad at the game and the extra two seconds of orb time are really helpful. Also, should I pull from the 10 stone thing right now? I can maybe get two or three more pulls before it goes away, or I can save my stones for something cheaper? And are PAL points worth stockpiling for events or should I just spend them all now to get things and worry about saving them later?

Now to be clear, did that DQXQ come out of the Pal point machine or the REM? Because the pal point one is fodder, while the REM version is one of the best light subs in the game.

Also don't roll any more on the heroine machine, save your stones for a godfest instead.

Olothreutes
Mar 31, 2007

Tarezax posted:

Now to be clear, did that DQXQ come out of the Pal point machine or the REM? Because the pal point one is fodder, while the REM version is one of the best light subs in the game.

Also don't roll any more on the heroine machine, save your stones for a godfest instead.

Oh, it was from the Pal machine. I feel less bad now, thank you. Are there any good monsters in the Pal machine or are they all just fodder?

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.

Olothreutes posted:

A couple of rules:

Rule 1: Don't feed/sell anything from REM or Collab machines unless if you have way too many dupes of them. Typically this means more than you can make a team of them.

Rule 2: Pulling from collabs for the most part is ill advised unless if you really like the collab, you have been playing a long time or if you want to IAP.

Rule 3: In terms of PAL Points: GungHo (the one that just ended yesterday) >>>>>>>>>>>>> Enhance >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Evo (the current one) >>>>>>>>>>> Rare. I would save PAL points, pulling 10 pulls when you reach 50 pulls so you don't waste them. Save PAL point emails until GungHo PEM rolls around again. If you need specific evo mats and can't beat the dungeon, you can ask for a carry and I'm sure someone will help.

Save your stones for now.

Edit: In response to your post above, mons from GungHo can function as cheap subs if you really could use one of them on your team.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Olothreutes posted:

Oh, it was from the Pal machine. I feel less bad now, thank you. Are there any good monsters in the Pal machine or are they all just fodder?

sakuya and kali from the pal machine are alright if you're new and don't have much. they'll get you through all of the normal dungeons and most of the techs at least. I think arthur has some uses as well

just don't feed rem monsters and you'll be fine

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

drat, I missed out on the Julie triangle.

Looks like a bunch of the card buffs also dropped with the Metatron, Angel 2 and Nepthys split ults. 7c You yu, might actually use him on my Julie team

Ever Disappointing
May 4, 2004

Was messing around with the new Dmeta and she seems pretty neat

Good damage, tanking, damage control

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

No bananas tonight, great. Got some more stuff to collect now. Lots more dragons. Dublits today though. New Friday dungeon is nice

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.
Trying to collect as many stones as I can before PCGF. I've cleared all the normal content and technicals. What is my best bet teamwise right now for clearing easier descends?

https://www.padherder.com/user/vulturesrow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoodBee
Apr 8, 2004

vulturesrow posted:

Trying to collect as many stones as I can before PCGF. I've cleared all the normal content and technicals. What is my best bet teamwise right now for clearing easier descends?

https://www.padherder.com/user/vulturesrow

Did you clear all the normals and technicals in Challenge Mode also?

It hop over to the Coin Dungeons and work on some of those for easy stones. The Coin Dungeons will go back to costing a lot more than 5 coins after the PCGF.

Edit: you can kill Satan now, if you haven't already.

GoodBee fucked around with this message at 03:01 on May 20, 2017