Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

CodfishCartographer posted:

I have a +Atk/-Def Hana, help me make her into the monster I know she can be.

This is my build, its considered the standard procedure for Hana. Takes advantage of the high damage and Draconic Aura essentially ensures the only thing that can stop her is an extremely tanky blue.

You can run a quad hana too but i dont like it as much

Edit: Threatens are great, I run a Hone because I run a Sanaki and Nino with blade tomes so extra buffs.

Ostentatious fucked around with this message at 18:30 on May 19, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
you feed 4 5* stars Hanas... that's commendable.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

as someone without either, can someone explain to me what makes Ninian and Hinoka particularly good in the Lloyd battle outside of being good units

even Raven seems like a bit of a stretch

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

Tired Moritz posted:

you feed 4 5* stars Hanas... that's commendable.

I fed a Hector to a 5* Jagen I am basically the hero this thread needs

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
Is a +spd/-def Reinhardt still worth promoting to 5?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

acumen posted:

Is a +spd/-def Reinhardt still worth promoting to 5?

Probably not

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

Reinhardt is still a hero that can single handedly win you gsmes regardless of IV so it might be worth it. Worst case scenario he has the best tome in the game if you catch my drift

LightningSquid
Dec 27, 2013
I'd really recommend against it. Reinhardt's speed is so bad that even a +SPD nature can't fix it. Most people tend to go for a -SPD nature. Unless you desperately need a Reinhardt immediately, I'd wait until you at least get one with neutral speed, and keep on the lookout for one with +ATK.

akulanization
Dec 21, 2013

Reposting this for new page, are these good fire emblems or bad fire emblems?

Adult Tiki is actually quite good now that everyone has more or less abandoned Lucina et al. for Ike and Ryoma in the arena. I think -speed +def is better than the average nature. If you want to invest in her she'll probably do you right until the meta changes.

LightningSquid posted:

I'd really recommend against it. Reinhardt's speed is so bad that even a +SPD nature can't fix it. Most people tend to go for a -SPD nature. Unless you desperately need a Reinhardt immediately, I'd wait until you at least get one with neutral speed, and keep on the lookout for one with +ATK.

lol any not -attack Rein is a good Rein.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
why the gently caress does Odin only have 22 atk?

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

Another point into promoting it: you can always merge later on when you get a better IV'd Reinhardt

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Tired Moritz posted:

why the gently caress does Odin only have 22 atk?

So you don't feel bad when you mulch him into blade-tome, moonbow or tomebreaker paste

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Ostentatious posted:

Reinhardt is still a hero that can single handedly win you gsmes regardless of IV so it might be worth it. Worst case scenario he has the best tome in the game if you catch my drift

I don't think you can inherit Dire Thunder, doesn't have a +

Also tbh that nature seems only slightly below average to me on paper since Rein can't take a hit anyway

Snipee
Mar 27, 2010

Ostentatious posted:

I fed a Hector to a 5* Jagen I am basically the hero this thread needs

Are you serious? I hate Jagen, and I have far too many of him... but I want to see this 5* Jagen build lol.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

Snipee posted:

Are you serious? I hate Jagen, and I have far too many of him... but I want to see this 5* Jagen build lol.

Its really bad right now and I need a 5* Shanna (I think?) To get him a Killer Lance and the Iceberg special. His damage is so low but the great thing about Iceberg is the fact that 50% of his Res is added to damage. He has 39 res buffed.

In the end I see him being an immensely helpful Mage baiter especially on defense tiles.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Ostentatious posted:

Its really bad right now and I need a 5* Shanna (I think?) To get him a Killer Lance and the Iceberg special. His damage is so low but the great thing about Iceberg is the fact that 50% of his Res is added to damage. He has 39 res buffed.

In the end I see him being an immensely helpful Mage baiter especially on defense tiles.

Isn't blue a pretty bad color for a mage baiter since Julia/Bunilla/Nino are some of the more common mages in the arena?

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

Andrast posted:

Isn't blue a pretty bad color for a mage baiter since Julia/Bunilla/Nino are some of the more common mages in the arena?

With the ridiculous amount of Reinhardts Ive run into recently I will take that risk. Besides my Kagero is the one that generally handles those three. She cannot handle Reinhardt. My Jagen has been able to withstand the few fights Ive had with Reinhardts in Arenas and killed them afterward.

Also its funny as heck

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Ostentatious posted:

With the ridiculous amount of Reinhardts Ive run into recently I will take that risk. Besides my Kagero is the one that generally handles those three. She cannot handle Reinhardt. My Jagen has been able to withstand the few fights Ive had with Reinhardts in Arenas and killed them afterward.

Also its funny as heck

That's fair. I usually kill Reins with my own Rein so he doesn't register as a common threat to me.

I have 17 defenses with my Hector/Rein/Olivia/Subaki line up right now so it's probably pretty difficult to deal with.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Reposting this for new page, are these good fire emblems or bad fire emblems?

Your Cherche is alright if you give her a Brave Axe. Not "The Best" but not bad. The rest are kinda meh IV-wise though Tiki's a good unit even with bad IVs.

What skills do I feed Ryoma? Fury?

Snipee
Mar 27, 2010
I never knew how good Kagero was until I started borrowing her from people on my friend's list for the Mage Gauntlet. She basically one-shots every infantry in the game.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Kagero has become quite a bit worse now that there are strong common cavalry and flier units

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

I used up my extra Lon'qu (Vantage 3) and Laslow (Axebreaker 3) for my new 5* Cherche, But now I'm debating which of those B skills I use. Also, should I use a Brave Axe + or bring up my extra Michalis to give her Hauteclare?

I also don't know if I should keep the Attack +3 or give her something like Iote's Shield or something. Her C skill is a Hone Def for now, I'm not willing to melt my +atk Ephraim.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

FartingBedpost posted:

I used up my extra Lon'qu (Vantage 3) and Laslow (Axebreaker 3) for my new 5* Cherche, But now I'm debating which of those B skills I use. Also, should I use a Brave Axe + or bring up my extra Michalis to give her Hauteclare?

I also don't know if I should keep the Attack +3 or give her something like Iote's Shield or something. Her C skill is a Hone Def for now, I'm not willing to melt my +atk Ephraim.

Brave Axe is by far the best weapon for Cherche. For A-skills, Cherche really wants Death blow 3, if you don't have that keep the ATK+3.

The B-skill doesn't matter that much but I'm a big fan of drag back on fliers since it helps Cherche get back to safety after she murders someone with a brave axe. Axebreaker seems like a fine choice if you don't have anyone else to deal with Hector.

Also, Hauteclere is a unique weapon so it can't be inherited

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
I've decided to merge Cecilia's to make a stronger 4* one instead of going 5*. It'll eventually be a +10 Cecilia which is stronger than a base 5* (and worth more in the Arena).

I'm not sure how to kit out Cecilia though. She has a Gronnblade and Horse Emblem buffs but what should I do about the A slot (and maybe B slot)? Fury 3 as usual?

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

Andrast posted:

Brave Axe is by far the best weapon for Cherche. For A-skills, Cherche really wants Death blow 3, if you don't have that keep the ATK+3.

The B-skill doesn't matter that much but I'm a big fan of drag back on fliers since it helps Cherche get back to safety after she murders someone with a brave axe. Axebreaker seems like a fine choice if you don't have anyone else to deal with Hector.

Also, Hauteclere is a unique weapon so it can't be inherited

Thanks for the advice. Good call on Hauteclere, I forgot about that. Also, I gave my Cordelia Draw Back for Flier Emblem, but I have a couple of Donnells I can melt. And I have a Hawkeye for Death Blow 2, so I don't know if that's better than Atk 3.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

ApplesandOranges posted:

I'm thinking of making Ogma my next pet project after pulling a few of him. His statline is pretty impressive, the problem is which of my natures to go for.

+ATK/-SPD caps out at 38 ATK (46 with the Brave Sword+, 51 with Silver Sword+), with solid physical bulk (47 HP/28 DEF) and SPD that's still not horrendous (26 after Brave). However it means he gets doubled and killed by Nino unless he takes off the Brave and uses the Speed seal.
+SPD/-DEF has a blistering 37 SPD by taking off his Brave, allowing him to avoid being doubled by pretty much everyone that isn't Lon'qu (even Tharja fails to double). The hit to his DEF hurts a bit, but not overwhelmingly since he still has a lot of HP to take hits. He'd probably go with the Silver Sword+ or Killing Edge+ (I sill haven't pulled a Karel). I could give him Distant Counter, but I'm not sure that he's actually the best user of it.

There's also the option of making him into a tough durable tank that avoids getting doubled, so I could feed him Renewal to go with his native Sol.
Here's my advice on Ogma (speaking from someone who runs a +HP/-DEF edition):

--Your max Resistance for both versions will be utter horseshit. No matter what, Ogma wants to stay away from mages/healers unless he can successfully OHKO them. Yes, even without Wrathful Staff, healers will able to easily wear down Ogma and set up their buddies to dogpile on him. Lord knows I've lost too many "All allies must survive" maps because everyone dogpiled on the badly injured unit.
--The -DEF one will carry some risks involved due to the low Defense. But, if you run someone with Hone/Fortify/Rally Defense as an ally, the damage issues can be patched up. Just keep that buddy near Ogma to ensure he doesn't get torn up by a sword or even an axe unit. Fighting lances are not recommended unless Ogma can do enough damage to kill it, much like with mages/healers above.
--Get him one of the position assist skills (i.e., Swap, Reposition, etc.) pronto. I run Swap, which lets me have Ogma spend one turn using Spur Attack, then swap places with someone else if needed on the next turn. Draw Back is another useful skill for him to have on hand.
--Noontime is okay, but if you want Sol or even one of the damage-affecting specials like Luna or Moonbow, go for it. Skip Astra and Aether, mostly because 5 charge specials are not very good for how quickly combat flows. Defensive specials are okay, but not exactly useful, especially on you -DEF one.
--His sword option is up to you. Pick whichever you want to go, and based on what else you're bringing to the table with the rest of your team.
--Ogma's A slot is up to you as well. Given you have a collection of lovely Hectors, Distant Counter shenanigans might be your best way to go. Otherwise, experiment with what you have. Even his base Defiant Attack can be useful at times.
--Ogma's B slot wants to have a -breaker skill in it. I run the crazy option of Green Tomebreaker because that gives him a tiny buffer against Nino or Spring Camilla where he can't be doubled by them at first. Usually this gives him a chance to take one blast, then hopefully (provided the terrain hasn't screwed Ogma over) smash their faces in. But things like Axebreaker or even Swordbreaker would work.
--Ogma's C slot should gel with the rest of the team. C slots are really dictated by team composition, and should compliment everyone else. If you have someone with Hone Attack, have him run Hone Speed for instance. Spurs may be less effective than the Hones/Fortifys, but they do come in handy.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Anyone try Life and Death 3 on Lyn?

akulanization
Dec 21, 2013

TheKingofSprings posted:

Anyone try Life and Death 3 on Lyn?

I went LaD 2 and it works well. +speed -hp on my Lyn.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Wow, lloyd really let himself go after the events of Tales of Symphonia

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

And this is why you don't do meth, kids.

In non-questionable artwork news, I joined two clubs today. The "has a Reinhardt" club and the exclusive "has a +ATK Reinhardt" club (he's -RES, in case you're curious).

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

I have a perfect nature Reinhardt (+atk/-spd) and no sources of Death Blow to give him. At least none that I would be willing to part with. (I have the other Ursula from way back plus a 4* Effie. Neither of those give all 3 levels of Death Blow so it hardly seems worth it.) Plus he's only 4*. It's either gonna be him or Anna getting the 5* treatment next.

To you Ursula users, do you think it would be worth it to merge the two Ursualas I got from her GHB together? They're both at 4*.

SpaceCadetBob
Dec 27, 2012

Silver Falcon posted:

I have a perfect nature Reinhardt (+atk/-spd) and no sources of Death Blow to give him. At least none that I would be willing to part with. (I have the other Ursula from way back plus a 4* Effie. Neither of those give all 3 levels of Death Blow so it hardly seems worth it.) Plus he's only 4*. It's either gonna be him or Anna getting the 5* treatment next.

To you Ursula users, do you think it would be worth it to merge the two Ursualas I got from her GHB together? They're both at 4*.

I did this after piling a second set of c skills and an extra assist skill onto the 2nd usrula. Now I can choose between hone cav, fortify cav, or threaten resistance on her depending on team comp.

bumble
Oct 15, 2012

R U HOT YET?

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

oliveoil
Apr 22, 2016
If I give brave axe to someone, can I level it up to brave axe+ or do I actually have to raise my 3* barst to 5* if I want to pass his brave axe+ to my cherche?

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

oliveoil posted:

If I give brave axe to someone, can I level it up to brave axe+ or do I actually have to raise my 3* barst to 5* if I want to pass his brave axe+ to my cherche?

You do

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
https://twitter.com/Arbys/status/865643242410303488

Literally Arby's Twitter feed :psyduck:

i don't know how to embed tweets

edit: OH. nevermind apparently I do

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
The Arby's twitter is a huge nerd. He did Persona 5 and Nier Automata earlier.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Silver Falcon posted:

The difference is 4 damage and some arena points, just give him Death Blow 2 for now.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
100 orbs into the new banner and the best unit I've gotten is a sole 4* (Claire).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gensuki
Sep 2, 2011
Is the Lloyd banner the best banner to expect for a while, or should I hold orbs to summon for The Next Thing?

I hear something about a Bride banner? Is that a costume thing (like awakening's bride class), or just the unabashed Waifu banner?