Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES

OMG JC a Bomb! posted:

I love how the leftist hivemind has turned against Wikileaks now that they're not making the military industrial complex look bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yogizh
Oct 12, 2015
Dumb Helicopter Joke Enthusiast
After following his story for the most of my adult life, this guy is a loving hero. No charges, no apologies, no compensation. This is why so many people hate on EU, they give asylum to people without papers and instead of protecting this man they would just let him dissapear to god knows what uncharted prison. It is sad that no country in Europe has balls like Equador.

Squashing Machine
Jul 5, 2005

I mean boning, the wild mambo, the hunka chunka

OMG JC a Bomb! posted:

I love how the leftist hivemind has turned against Wikileaks now that they're not making the military industrial complex look bad.

I found this flip pretty funny, it's great how quickly people will turn on a dime when someone like Assange stops behaving in ways they like. It's also funny how after months of howling that Comey stole the election from Hillary and is an alt-right sleeper agent, he's now some sort of martyr because of a twisted enemy of my enemy logic

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
It's possible to think Comey fumbled the ball and also think that his getting canned was not on the level

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

gently caress da Mods posted:

love how these heros expose all this but we area ll so mollified nothing happned lol

hey man people were mad about that one video of the heli gunner icing some civilians for a few weeks before we all went back to keeping tabs on the kardashians and branjelina

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

Squashing Machine posted:

I found this flip pretty funny, it's great how quickly people will turn on a dime when someone like Assange stops behaving in ways they like. It's also funny how after months of howling that Comey stole the election from Hillary and is an alt-right sleeper agent, he's now some sort of martyr because of a twisted enemy of my enemy logic

I always liked Julian Assange and I've always known what country Oceania is at war with, too.

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

Robo Reagan posted:

hey man people were mad about that one video of the heli gunner icing some civilians for a few weeks before we all went back to keeping tabs on the kardashians and branjelina

They forgot about the guy throwing puppies off a cliff just as quickly :sigh:

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
must have been a marine

Squashing Machine
Jul 5, 2005

I mean boning, the wild mambo, the hunka chunka

fruit on the bottom posted:

It's possible to think Comey fumbled the ball and also think that his getting canned was not on the level

But we wanted Comey fired? But now that he's fired we're angry about the intent behind the firing? But it's what we wanted in the first place?

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
what's this we poo poo i agree with fruit

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Squashing Machine posted:

But we wanted Comey fired? But now that he's fired we're angry about the intent behind the firing? But it's what we wanted in the first place?

Presumably it's less about Comey in particular being fired and more the idea that he is being fired in order to cover something up, and I think it's reasonable to think that changes the equation

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

assange has always been a piece of poo poo. wikileaks is a loving hosting site and nothing else. they don't source leaks, people bring leaks to them and they host it. and they do a loving poo poo job of protecting their sources too.

at least one of the times wikileaks has been 'taken down by government' was because assange didnt pay the loving hosting bills and literally said 'i'm too busy duelling with superpowers'

man doesnt do anything but interfere with the information hes given and part it out to suit himself, and leave chelsea manning to loving rot.

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

juggalo baby coffin posted:

assange has always been a piece of poo poo. wikileaks is a loving hosting site and nothing else. they don't source leaks, people bring leaks to them and they host it. and they do a loving poo poo job of protecting their sources too.

at least one of the times wikileaks has been 'taken down by government' was because assange didnt pay the loving hosting bills and literally said 'i'm too busy duelling with superpowers'

man doesnt do anything but interfere with the information hes given and part it out to suit himself, and leave chelsea manning to loving rot.

lol at expecting a hosting site, as you called it, to be able to protect its sources against the world's largest military and intelligence community. lol just lol

afeelgoodpoop
Oct 14, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

phasmid posted:

Considering the charges were made after the US told him not to release the stolen cables and he released (some of) them, after our very own Hillary Rodham Clinton warned him not to or there would be "consequences", then having those charges dropped and then re-filed a couple of days later in another country...

Yeah, I always assumed it was made up.

There was a good cartoon at the time of an ostrich with its head in the ground and Uncle Sam loving it up the rear end while pointing offpanel and screaming "Rape! Rape!"

saying this in catlady gbs would have gotten you banned lol. probably still would in D&D.

Fuck da Mods
Jun 27, 2013

fina get poz'd? :cabot: :gizz: :baby:
lol @ idiots in gbs trying to say nething on my boy assange.

guys a pimp and yall h8rs kno it

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

QUEEN OF FRANCE, SAVIOR OF LOWTAX
do you guys remember when assange was the good guy, and then he was still the good guy, then he released papers saying the democrats/clinton did bad things, and then he was the bad guy? crazy journey

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
☃️-ZE ✡️+👽-A 🍑+😠-R

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

ArtIsResistance posted:

do you guys remember when assange was the good guy, and then he was still the good guy, then he released papers saying the democrats/clinton did bad things, and then he was the bad guy? crazy journey

you either die a hero... or live long enough to see yourself become the villain....

theperminator
Sep 16, 2009

by Smythe
Fun Shoe

ArtIsResistance posted:

It's like 1984 except they don't need the hour of hate thing, people just read a tweet saying "we all hate this person now" and just believe it without question because they're brainless dullards.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

yogizh posted:

After following his story for the most of my adult life, this guy is a loving hero. No charges, no apologies, no compensation. This is why so many people hate on EU, they give asylum to people without papers and instead of protecting this man they would just let him dissapear to god knows what uncharted prison. It is sad that no country in Europe has balls like Equador.

Now that Trump is threatening to cut off the gravy train, suddenly Sweden decides he is not a suspect

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
note that wikileaks releases its things out in dribs and drabs for media attention rather than just dumping it all out for people to analyze for themselves

he's probably not releasing everything he has

totally not a narrative to run, guys

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Panzeh posted:

note that wikileaks releases its things out in dribs and drabs for media attention rather than just dumping it all out for people to analyze for themselves

he's probably not releasing everything he has

totally not a narrative to run, guys

It's almost as if the purpose of the site is to not only collect secret information, but publicize it for maximum exposure as well

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

theperminator posted:

It's like 1984 except they don't need the hour of hate thing, people just read a tweet saying "we all hate this person now" and just believe it without question because they're brainless dullards.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

It's almost as if the purpose of the site is to not only collect secret information, but publicize it for maximum exposure as well

there's a lot of potential explanations for the method of publicity other than simply 'maximum exposure' of the information

i mean, reasonable people can disagree on this because i don't have any proof, but i believe his reaction to the panama papers shows me there's something more going on here

World Kraid Center
Oct 18, 2009
Silly goons. Sweden is a perfect country! Just ask Ebba Akerlund.

What's that, Ebba? You're dead because a feminist minority government let an unidentifiable economic migrant near you?

Nonsense. You're being a racist, Ebba. Sweden is paradise.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
The right wing dopes that think Sweden is some kind of Mad Max hellscape overrun by howling musselman hordes are extremely hilarious to me. like that infowars dipshit who is too afraid to leave his home in Britain because an immigrant might try to get him. he at one point offered to pay airfare for journalists so they could go to Sweden and see for themselves the horror but he unfortunately never followed through.

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer
so what does this all mean?

can he walk out of the ecuadorian embassy? i heard that the brits will still arrest him? under what charge? missing a trial in another country?

i mean, i get that he would probably be arrested and deported to the US/disappeared anyway

just wondering what the official line is

Beeswax
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

World Kraid Center posted:

Silly goons. Sweden is a perfect country! Just ask Ebba Akerlund.

What's that, Ebba? You're dead because a feminist minority government let an unidentifiable economic migrant near you?

Nonsense. You're being a racist, Ebba. Sweden is paradise.

lmao what is this post even christ almighty

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

RaySmuckles posted:

so what does this all mean?

can he walk out of the ecuadorian embassy? i heard that the brits will still arrest him? under what charge? missing a trial in another country?

i mean, i get that he would probably be arrested and deported to the US/disappeared anyway

just wondering what the official line is

Apparently the official line is he skipped bail so they're still charging him for that

Freestyle
Sep 2, 2014

by R. Guyovich
Godspeed Julian. Those of us who aren't mentally neutered by american media know you're a hero.

Freestyle
Sep 2, 2014

by R. Guyovich
So I'm counting at least 9 cia interns/propagandists itt. Or are you guys nsa?

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Freestyle posted:

So I'm counting at least 9 cia interns/propagandists itt. Or are you guys nsa?

Sadly no they're just ordinary people whose brains were broken by the last election and/or total media control

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer

CharlestonJew posted:

Apparently the official line is he skipped bail so they're still charging him for that

i'm sure it has some kind of insane max punishment

but who put the bail out for him? wouldn't it be sweden or is it a separate one the UK put out to extradite him?

Raldikuk
Apr 7, 2006

I'm bad with money and I want that meatball!
Didn't the statute of limitations (whatever the Swedish equivalent is of course) run out and that's why they're being dropped? That was the prognosis of the charges before the election even that they only had a limited amount of time left to get him back to officially arrest him and prosecute him.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Justice got served

i like that
May 22, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Assange was still a human too so he may have assaulted a woman and I don't know why it couldn't be both. You can get someone on real charges since most people break the law.

Drunk & Ugly
Feb 10, 2003

GIMME GIMME GIMME, DON'T ASK WHAT FOR
he still a bitch boy

Drunk & Ugly
Feb 10, 2003

GIMME GIMME GIMME, DON'T ASK WHAT FOR

ArtIsResistance posted:

i would be all for wikileaks but
when's the last time theyve focused on anything about corporations or trump or the russians or the gop? clinton lost, who fuckin cares haha jesus christ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

phasmid posted:

Considering the charges were made after the US told him not to release the stolen cables and he released (some of) them, after our very own Hillary Rodham Clinton warned him not to or there would be "consequences", then having those charges dropped and then re-filed a couple of days later in another country...

Yeah, I always assumed it was made up.

And despite this being a very real possibility a number of people in this very thread irrationally have torches out because of an accusation.

Getting accused is the same as being guilty in the court of public opinion.

• Locked thread