Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

QUEEN OF FRANCE, SAVIOR OF LOWTAX

theperminator posted:

Lol if you think gender studies is real, the people doing all the work are the mentally ill people who claim to be 12 genders at once.
What's next? A child abuse taskforce run by pedophiles?

32, single, probably seldomly leaves the house

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Loden Taylor
Aug 11, 2003

DrPlump posted:

Rape in the 23rd century and the rise of the digital penis dimension.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_JrCU8F-vs

Repo Man
Nov 19, 2005

Some people get very annoyed when you point out the emperor's nudity.

theperminator
Sep 16, 2009

by Smythe
Fun Shoe

ArtIsResistance posted:

32, single, probably seldomly leaves the house

Lol sick burn bro, this poo poo always makes me laugh because it's like calling bill gates a poor.

Also lol at "lol you pathetic loser you probably don't ever leave the house" *posts from their safe space* "so as I was saying all sex is rape"

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

theperminator posted:

Lol sick burn bro, this poo poo always makes me laugh because it's like calling bill gates a poor.

bill gates is a poor

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

theperminator posted:

Also lol at "lol you pathetic loser you probably don't ever leave the house" *posts from their safe space* "so as I was saying all sex is rape"
U... u mad...

funktopus
Jan 11, 2009

Les Os posted:

my penis is literally responsible for the Armenian genocide I'm sorry everyone

Hammerite posted:

do turkish women pretend your penis doesnt exist or do they just all do that regardless

DrPlump
Oct 5, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Hella jelly. Why can't I be a college professor that just calls women sluts and says their the problem all day. Also any controversy would only make me richer as I came out with books about my oppression.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
EVERY DAY I SIT ON A BEAR TRAP SO NO ONE CAN ACCUSE MY WORLD WIDE WEB POSTING AS BEING DONE IN A SAFE SPACE

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

QUEEN OF FRANCE, SAVIOR OF LOWTAX

theperminator posted:

3 "lol"s in one post, you're like the bill gates of meltdowns

theperminator
Sep 16, 2009

by Smythe
Fun Shoe

ArtIsResistance posted:

3 "lol"s in one post, you're like the bill gates of meltdowns

Nobody will ever have the need for more than 3 lols in one post.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

theperminator posted:

Lol if you think gender studies is real, the people doing all the work are the mentally ill people who claim to be 12 genders at once.
What's next? A child abuse taskforce run by pedophiles?

Lol

DrPlump
Oct 5, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Like imagine if reddit.com/r/theredpill was a college major called Mender Studies.

Repo Man
Nov 19, 2005

Beard Dandruff
May 10, 2017

Want to win a consultation with Tiffany? Click
here.
Pick you so cray.

Repo Man
Nov 19, 2005
My conceptual penis is detachable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=byDiILrNbM4

Salem Saberhagen
Feb 23, 2009
Where can I get a free gender studies degree? Online preferred. I have a long term plan that I think I can pull off before the entire gender ology science falls into the laughable domain next to astrology and phrenology.

Masturbasturd
Sep 1, 2014
We had a company meeting to introduce ourselves. Several new hires advised us of their pronouns. The bossman was wondering wtf with all the dudes in skirts.

I'm gonna stick with "y'all"

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Repo Man posted:

"Sokal exposed an infatuation with academic puffery that characterizes the entire project of academic postmodernism. Our aim was smaller yet more pointed. We intended to test the hypothesis that flattery of the academic Left’s moral architecture in general, and of the moral orthodoxy in gender studies in particular, is the overwhelming determiner of publication in an academic journal in the field. That is, we sought to demonstrate that a desire for a certain moral view of the world to be validated could overcome the critical assessment required for legitimate scholarship. Particularly, we suspected that gender studies is crippled academically by an overriding almost-religious belief that maleness is the root of all evil. On the evidence, our suspicion was justified."

This owns

Repo Man
Nov 19, 2005

Chlamyllionaire posted:

We had a company meeting to introduce ourselves. Several new hires advised us of their pronouns. The bossman was wondering wtf with all the dudes in skirts.

I'm gonna stick with "y'all"

As Christianity declines, the vacuum is being filled with something nearly as bad.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

DrPlump posted:

Like imagine if reddit.com/r/theredpill was a college major called Mender Studies.

mens studies is called "history"

Argh
Feb 15, 2005
Actually, the paper is good. Seems like the author's claims about the penis are perfectly valid and they in fact inadvertently contributed to the development of The Gender Studies. Thank you, hoaxers.

Looks like the hand is truly on the other foot

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

GBS hates penises.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Argh posted:

Actually, the paper is good. Seems like the author's claims about the penis are perfectly valid and they in fact inadvertently contributed to the development of The Gender Studies. Thank you, hoaxers.

when the fake post-modern "philosophy" paper got published they heralded it as a brilliant subversion of subversion, the most post-modern thing of all

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
im about to grab my dip cup and get skoal affair'd

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Pawn 17 posted:

GBS hates penises.

im gay

Cumslut1895
Feb 18, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Argh posted:

the people insisting this are hilarious

canpakes
Jul 26, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

ArtIsResistance posted:

wow an article was published in an open access journal so insignificant that it doesn't even have an impact factor

not that any of you will care since you all gotta rush in here to do risky move of insulting gender studies on the internet

these GBS guys don't get it.

SpaceClown
Feb 13, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
I'm the part that places the blame of female on male rape on the victim's penis

Bold move.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

man I haven't heard this in years, thanks

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
people used to think that song was by primus because that's how it was listed on kazaa

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

Tried to figure out where those dudes got their phds but neither have a cv i could find in 5 minutes, seem like a couple of weirdos?

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
a pathetic pair o' peripatetics

Rasta_Al
Jul 14, 2001

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
Fun Shoe
Well ive studied the genders and determined that theres only two

Salem Saberhagen
Feb 23, 2009

Rasta_Al posted:

Well ive studied the genders and determined that theres only two

Astute science for sure, but gender studies is about determining which gender is better.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

Psycho Society posted:

people used to think that song was by primus because that's how it was listed on kazaa

I knew better because I'm old enough to have stumbled in high as gently caress late at night and I saw it on 120 Minutes

The Dipshit
Dec 21, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Repo Man posted:

Unfortunately, this isn't a hoax:

I attended (and trolled) one of her presentations when she came to my uni. She's really, really fixated on roadside adverts of pork butt BBQ that haven't been up since the 1990s. It was pretty funny.

Repo Man
Nov 19, 2005

Triangle Shirt Factotum posted:

I attended (and trolled) one of her presentations when she came to my uni. She's really, really fixated on roadside adverts of pork butt BBQ that haven't been up since the 1990s. It was pretty funny.

I was blissfully ignorant of her until one day in 1990, when my local college radio station played this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egigkKBMLOo

Yech.

Repo Man
Nov 19, 2005

VikingSkull posted:

I knew better because I'm old enough to have stumbled in high as gently caress late at night and I saw it on 120 Minutes

This was my favorite thing ever by John Hall (lead "singer" of King Missile):

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xpb335_john-s-hall-kramer-real-men_music

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound
I'm always going to think it's "conceptual" instead of "detachable" now.

• Locked thread