Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

ZogrimAteMyHamster posted:

After playing both RE2 and RE3 dozens of times I stop and think "just how loving incompetent was the average RPD officer?" when I see all the corpses littered around the station. Leon turns up with a hangover and kills an assortment of mutants and monsters with a high count of zombies splattered for good measure, all while procuring a ridiculous amount of ammunition in the process. The rest of the RPD officers? Too busy being pecked to death by crows, or shooting their evac pilots 25ft in the air instead of the zombies 3ft in front of them. A new high in the standards of incompetence.

A lot of theoretically competent or talented people get cutscene-merked by monsters in RE. It's not so much a commentary on them as it is a testament to the lethal power of a plot hammer.

The RPD in particular is also having to deal with Chief Irons, who scattered their ammo throughout the building, set up traps in some areas that are only lethal to humans, killed at least one of the cops himself just to be a dick, and if you take the "Desperate Times" scenario in Outbreak into account, spent most of the 29th scrupulously cleaning and replacing the furniture in his secretary's office.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
My friend always had a theory that HUNK wasn't an amazing soldier or anything, he just happened to not be poo poo.

On that note, does the PS4 version of Revelations have performance issues on some of its battle maps? I remember the PC version's frame rate dropping into single digits when snow got involved.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Chief Irons is probably genuinely the absolute worst person imaginable to have in charge during a zombie outbreak. He's a combination of corrupt, inept and actively malicious that just can't be beat when the dead are rising. if you had even a slightly more sane person in charge Raccoon'd probably have done a lot better.

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy
Articles in re2 and re3 make references to Irons doing whatever he could to minimize police efforts from spreading false info to moving ammo stores. He was a sadistic freak (or did his taxidermy and torture chambers not clue ya in)

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Spiffster posted:

Articles in re2 and re3 make references to Irons doing whatever he could to minimize police efforts from spreading false info to moving ammo stores. He was a sadistic freak (or did his taxidermy and torture chambers not clue ya in)

Playing RE2 again recently, I realized it really slipped past me as a small child just how hosed up Irons was. Like, god drat.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?

poptart_fairy posted:

My friend always had a theory that HUNK wasn't an amazing soldier or anything, he just happened to not be poo poo.

On that note, does the PS4 version of Revelations have performance issues on some of its battle maps? I remember the PC version's frame rate dropping into single digits when snow got involved.

I don't remember there being much frame rate problems in Revelations 2, but then again, I don't really remember there being snow in Revelations 2 either.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

poptart_fairy posted:

The PS4 port of Rev 1 isn't out yet.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Capcom has stated that they want to sell 10 million copies of Resident Evil 7 when all is said and done, which... er, good luck?

Source: http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2017-05-16-capcom-sets-10-million-target-for-resident-evil-7

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I mean it says lifetime sales so it's not like there's any time limit on it.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

ImpAtom posted:

Chief Irons is probably genuinely the absolute worst person imaginable to have in charge during a zombie outbreak. He's a combination of corrupt, inept and actively malicious that just can't be beat when the dead are rising. if you had even a slightly more sane person in charge Raccoon'd probably have done a lot better.
Up until the bomb hit at least :U

Spiffster posted:

I understand all this, but the fat guy who shoots the pilot? That's nothing to do with Irons being an awful murderous prick, hiding munitions or causing confusion!

Sakurazuka posted:

I mean it says lifetime sales so it's not like there's any time limit on it.
Still an unlikely target. RE5 and RE6 are games with far more mass appeal to a general audience (in no small part due to co-op (and multiplayer in general) options) and neither of them have even broken the 8m mark yet. RE7 reaching anywhere close to even that number is a long, long way off.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Didn't realise that Revelations 2 was 6.99 with all the content.

Grabbed it, proceeded to leave single player completely untouched. Something moreish about Raid mode.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition
If you read the article, it's Capcom saying that, going forward, RE7 will get released, remastered, and rereleased for anything that can possibly run it. Your grandchildren will be inhaling it as a nanotech swarm. They regard it as a potentially evergreen, generationally-appealing title, the same way RE4 is.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
The year is 4360. "Welcome to the family, son", I say to my child Capcom Residentevilseven Jacobs, the first human to be born with memories of playing RE7 implanted into their mind. Finally, Capcom has passed 10 million in sales.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

poptart_fairy posted:

Didn't realise that Revelations 2 was 6.99 with all the content.

Grabbed it, proceeded to leave single player completely untouched. Something moreish about Raid mode.

Where's that from?

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Vakal posted:

Where's that from?

Oh, PSN Store EU. Should've clarified. :v:

Was originally going to nab Banned Footage for RE7, but I still need to get Madhouse clear before I allow myself any DLC.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
Can I play a Resident Evil .wad on my toaster oven yet?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Lunethex posted:

Can I play a Resident Evil .wad on my toaster oven yet?

Google says yes

Jolo
Jun 4, 2007

ive been playing with magnuts tying to change the wold as we know it

Resident Evil 7: Family Matters with Carl Winslow, Harriett, and Steve Urkel. The daughter whose name I forget assists you in place of Zoe.

I'd buy and play this in a heartbeat.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Anything that replaces Zoe is fine by me, tbh. Her inconsistent accent aggravates me far more than it should.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

It makes me wonder if Zoe was a different kind of character at some point, since in the older versions of the demo she seemed very Ada-ish on the phone.

Jolo
Jun 4, 2007

ive been playing with magnuts tying to change the wold as we know it

I've thought more on this and I believe that Urkel is actually Eveline. In the show he was always trying to integrate himself into the Winslow family so that checks out.

So that means Theo replaces Lucas.

Mostly I just want to be stalked around the house while Reginald Vel Johnson talks about the contents of a Twinkie.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Jolo posted:

I've thought more on this and I believe that Urkel is actually Eveline. In the show he was always trying to integrate himself into the Winslow family so that checks out.

So that means Theo replaces Lucas.

Mostly I just want to be stalked around the house while Reginald Vel Johnson talks about the contents of a Twinkie.

I think Cosby Show would work better in this context. Maniac human biohazard Cliff Huxtable forces you to drink his weird drugs cocktail before hunting you through the house while rambling about pudding pops

Also occasionally Denise phones up from College and asks for money, which could act as a save game mechanic

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
Just beat RE7. Pretty cool game. I just wish the end reveal and boss weren't so underwhelming. I figured out the reveal after the dinner scene, and the final fight was extremely short and scripted. Also, I checked the alternate ending I chose Zoe and if they're going to be so lazy with the alternative endings why even bother?

I did enjoy the reveal about Mia's "babysitting" job. And the fact that Lucas weren't under Evelyn's control, even if it made no sense (he still had the regenerative abilities, so apparently the company found a non-lethal partial cure somehow?)

The boat felt very much like Revelations, and is actually one of my favorite parts of the game.

How's the DLC? Worth it? Seems overpriced.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
I enjoyed both dlc titles and thought they were worth it.

I'd advise against the season pass since they've made not one peep on what or when it is for several months. Probably scrapped or going to be an absolute turd.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Haven't bought it yet but I do love how diverse the DLC actually is. It's like they're just throwing out a ton of stuff and seeing what the engine can do. Like, card games and room escapes? :v:

clockworx
Oct 15, 2005
The Internet Whore made me buy this account

poptart_fairy posted:

Haven't bought it yet but I do love how diverse the DLC actually is. It's like they're just throwing out a ton of stuff and seeing what the engine can do. Like, card games and room escapes? :v:

Yeah, there's a lot of diversity. I thought Jack's Birthday was a blast, and enjoyed Nightmare even though progressing was kind of a grind. Bedroom was really clever and fun.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Renoistic posted:

Just beat RE7. Pretty cool game. I just wish the end reveal and boss weren't so underwhelming. I figured out the reveal after the dinner scene, and the final fight was extremely short and scripted. Also, I checked the alternate ending I chose Zoe and if they're going to be so lazy with the alternative endings why even bother?

I did enjoy the reveal about Mia's "babysitting" job. And the fact that Lucas weren't under Evelyn's control, even if it made no sense (he still had the regenerative abilities, so apparently the company found a non-lethal partial cure somehow?)

The boat felt very much like Revelations, and is actually one of my favorite parts of the game.

How's the DLC? Worth it? Seems overpriced.

Yeah I loved the boat too. A lot of people seemed to hate it and I don't get it. Nice change of scenery at least.

DLC 1 is totally worth it imo. I was pretty luke warm on 2 and find it baffling that it costs more because it's less content that feels lower effort. Don't expect to be blown away by either but they are fun little distractions is you want to extend the game. It is overpriced though probably.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

clockworx posted:

Yeah, there's a lot of diversity. I thought Jack's Birthday was a blast, and enjoyed Nightmare even though progressing was kind of a grind. Bedroom was really clever and fun.

There's even dialogue trees in Bedroom!

Really though, I just want a DLC that has Mr X chasing you. Dude would be even loving scarier in first person, lumbering around like Jack. He's still feel my favourite Tyrant in the entire franchise.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

poptart_fairy posted:

There's even dialogue trees in Bedroom!

Really though, I just want a DLC that has Mr X chasing you. Dude would be even loving scarier in first person, lumbering around like Jack. He's still feel my favourite Tyrant in the entire franchise.
Resident Evil Survivor is in first person and has you fight like a million Mr. X's.

It's not very scary IMO.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Well yeah, that's because Mr X runs on ninjitsu rules. :colbert:

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

RE Revelations graphics comparison video for PS4 vs PS3.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3UrPOBBfyk

Seems to be slightly darker and more detailed?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Looks like higher rez textures and the lighting is a bit different, wasn't expecting much else really.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

There's probably only so much you can do with a 3DS game before you're just putting it into a brand new engine.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Policenaut posted:

Is that supposed to be scar tissue on the back of Jill's neck, or just some texture issue?

I never noticed that on the 3DS version, but that's not surprising.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Oh, the first Revelations is actually coming to PS4. :psyduck:

I still need to finish the Revelations 2 campaign. Raid Mode is life.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i really like rev 2 but once you hit the sewer everything after that is a slog

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
I just blitzed the story to unlock characters for raid mode...

And for Barry. :allears:

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
I really enjoyed Rev 2. Story was fun and the mechanics were more in line with RE4. It also worked really well as a single player experience. Also spent over 100 hours in Raid mode, it's a lot of fun once you unlock the sword and super dodge moves!

Hated the final boss though.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

It's just occurred to me that I've made no progress at all in my Revelations playthrough on the hardest difficulty since that post I made here way back when, describing how infuriating a certain bullshit boss is. I'm also only about halfway through the entirety of Raid Mode (all maps on all difficulties), because gently caress that swimming map, gently caress it to hell.

Maybe I'm just really bad at Revelations, as some sort of divine punishment for being not-poo poo at every other RE game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Policenaut posted:

it looks like the pc version with a sweetfx sharpening and contrast pack i used when i played it.

still a bad resident evil game tho. god i hope we get jakes rev 3 at e3.