Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
theperminator
Sep 16, 2009

by Smythe
Fun Shoe

Yep

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005
I FUCKING HATE POOR PEOPLE BUT I LOVE BEING FUCKED IN THE ASS and having two dishwashers in my CONDO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Three-Phase posted:

1. Isn't HIV pretty manageable nowadays?

Yes and no? Depends? I know several HIV positive people, they are all doing fine and have been for years, decades in some cases. I also have lost two friends to HIV, sometimes the poo poo hits the fan and there is nothing you can do with comorbidities.

AEMINAL
May 22, 2015

barf barf i am a dog, barf on your carpet, barf

Three Olives posted:

I bareback my partner so I guess him if he cheats on me or something?

careful i almost just died from reading this post :gonk:

Repo Man
Nov 19, 2005

Three Olives posted:

Yes and no? Depends? I know several HIV positive people, they are all doing fine and have been for years, decades in some cases. I also have lost two friends to HIV, sometimes the poo poo hits the fan and there is nothing you can do with comorbidities.

I've a gay cousin who is seven or so years older than me who came out in the late seventies, lived in San Francisco all along, and has somehow survived to this day. I know he's HIV+, though I don't know at what point that happened - almost certainly no earlier than early to mid nineties, because before that I think your lifespan was two or three years max. He's a cool guy, very zen. But I have to imagine he has many sad stories about losing friends in the eighties.

Rasta_Al
Jul 14, 2001

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
Fun Shoe
You bro. Way to harsh my fun aids buzz with your sad gay uncle stories

BLARGHLE
Oct 2, 2013

But I want something good
to die for
To make it beautiful to live.
Yams Fan

Rasta_Al posted:

He's doing a lot of that tonight

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem
C'mon guys we're all trying to make HIV more positive here.

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem
Signing a sexual death pact with someone else is the highest form of romantic commitment.

ozza
Oct 23, 2008

I remember hearing some (possibly apocryphal) story about a doctor examining a guy with AIDS and finding that there was fungus growing in his throat. ANyway that's the story I have for this thread, I don't want mushrooms in my throat, not for nobody, no way, no how

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

ozza posted:

I remember hearing some (possibly apocryphal) story about a doctor examining a guy with AIDS and finding that there was fungus growing in his throat. ANyway that's the story I have for this thread, I don't want mushrooms in my throat, not for nobody, no way, no how

Did you know that pneumonia is a condition and not a disease? One of the possible causes is a fungal infection.

Gross.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

I probably don't have all the details right but you hosed up if you have fungal poo poo going on in your lungs.

Rasta_Al
Jul 14, 2001

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
Fun Shoe
Fungal poo poo. In my lungs?

Nah, I vape weed. My lungs are healthy as a fuckin two year old ox.

BLARGHLE
Oct 2, 2013

But I want something good
to die for
To make it beautiful to live.
Yams Fan

...and the pitch! posted:

Did you know that pneumonia is a condition and not a disease? One of the possible causes is a fungal infection.

Gross.

You can also get it from inhaling food or other non-air things

Repo Man
Nov 19, 2005

Rasta_Al posted:

Hey, he's still alive and doing reasonably well. All things considered, that's not too sad.

I would also take the HIV bullet for 1960s Dawn Wells

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64mAgL8G4-E

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005
I FUCKING HATE POOR PEOPLE BUT I LOVE BEING FUCKED IN THE ASS and having two dishwashers in my CONDO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ozza posted:

It's not, in fact it is an incredibly common complication of immunosuppressed people (AIDS, Cancer, Transplant patients, etc). It's called thrush and it's an overgrown colony of yeast that naturally exists in the mouth.

Humans and giant breeding grounds for all sorts of bacteria, fungi and viruses. Like you probably have herpes unless you are some untouched virgin and it's probably asymptomatic with you. It's really amazing how the immune system keeps everything in check. But that's the thing with AIDS, when your immune system collapses it's not a matter of catching anything, all the poo poo already in you that was doing fine will eventually get out of control and kill you.

http://www.npr.org/sections/goatsandsoda/2015/11/04/454066109/a-man-in-colombia-got-cancer-and-it-came-from-a-tapeworm

Guy in Colombia with an HIV suppressed immune system actually got tapeworm cancer. As in a tapeworm inside of him got cancer and the tapeworm's cancer spread all over his body and killed him.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Hugh

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem

him?

Not Adri-Bro?

Rasta_Al
Jul 14, 2001