Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
i was never clear why they couldn't smuggle him out in a comically oversized diplomatic pouch

maskenfreiheit fucked around with this message at 16:15 on May 20, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.

afeelgoodpoop posted:

saying this in catlady gbs would have gotten you banned lol. probably still would in D&D.

I stuck up for Assange/wikileaks/Snowden in cspam and got insinuated to be a pedo so I stopped posting there

i like that
May 22, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Freestyle posted:

So I'm counting at least 9 cia interns/propagandists itt. Or are you guys nsa?
Accusing the other person of being what you are, a strategy employed by 45 amongst others. The cia taught you good.

Moxie
Aug 2, 2003

Ape Fist posted:

If people in France were more inclined to bring up their cold sores to doctors than the rest of the world then you'd say there was a COLD SORE EPIDEMIC in France.

This is plausible as gently caress

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES

theperminator posted:

It's like 1984 except they don't need the hour of hate thing, people just read a tweet saying "we all hate this person now" and just believe it without question because they're brainless dullards.

Yvershek
Nov 15, 2000

and there are no
diamonds in the
mine
Too bad he became a Russian Stooge.

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Americans buttmad that someone may have a chance to escape extrajudiciary cia revenge

Khorne
May 1, 2002

yogizh posted:

After following his story for the most of my adult life, this guy is a loving hero. No charges, no apologies, no compensation. This is why so many people hate on EU, they give asylum to people without papers and instead of protecting this man they would just let him dissapear to god knows what uncharted prison. It is sad that no country in Europe has balls like Equador.
The hosed up part about the charges is there are only charges because two women he banged in the same week while visiting sweden met up, somehow talked about how they slept with him, and then decided to press charges. It doesn't even make sense to have that publicly known, and yet here we are. I don't know if it's a conspiracy or not, there are a lot of pieces that fall into place and hint "it's just a thing that happened without any conspiracy because life is real weird sometimes", but I definitely think the US would have used it to extradite him either way.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 07:59 on May 20, 2017

Svartvit
Jun 18, 2005

al-Qabila samaa Bahth

Raldikuk posted:

Didn't the statute of limitations (whatever the Swedish equivalent is of course) run out and that's why they're being dropped? That was the prognosis of the charges before the election even that they only had a limited amount of time left to get him back to officially arrest him and prosecute him.

The investigation was discontinued because of lack of progress. The statute of limitations runs out 2020, so the investigation could be re-opened until then.

Svartvit
Jun 18, 2005

al-Qabila samaa Bahth
"Charges" have not been "dropped" since that's not a part of the process to begin with.

lllllllllllllllllll
Feb 28, 2010

Now the scene's lighting is perfect!
When Lawfare became Lalwfare

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Toadvine posted:

I stuck up for Assange/wikileaks/Snowden in cspam and got insinuated to be a pedo so I stopped posting there

Sometimes I think some of GBS should get liquored up and invade some of the lovely little sub-forums and take a metaphorical dump on their rug.

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Blazing Ownager posted:

Sometimes I think some of GBS should get liquored up and invade some of the lovely little sub-forums and take a metaphorical dump on their rug.

The last time that happen didn't like 60 GBS posters get purged?

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.

Blazing Ownager posted:

You shall have my fingers and rear end

yoloer420
May 19, 2006
Let's be honest, Assange looks like a rapist. I'm sure he's raped before but maybe not in Sweden?

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
DANK LEAK: his old okcupid profile

(I like the part where he mentions loving Russian books, movies, and music, and slicing up brains)

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017
What's happening? Dri fu an only two? what is this?
Is this an avatar? I don't know rm dunk

would

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
He's also a heartthrob as well?

No wonder people want him dead.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Snatch Duster posted:

The last time that happen didn't like 60 GBS posters get purged?

RIP

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
GBS hates... men!?!?

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

maskenfreiheit posted:

DANK LEAK: his old okcupid profile

(I like the part where he mentions loving Russian books, movies, and music, and slicing up brains)

I'm skeptical, to say the least.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Freestyle posted:

So I'm counting at least 9 cia interns/propagandists itt. Or are you guys nsa?

I'm CSIS. I can come right out and tell you that, because no one is afraid of CSIS. Yet.

Cursed Lumberjack
Nov 14, 2006
A rather unfortunate logger indeed.

yogizh posted:

It is sad that no country in Europe has balls like Equador.

Oh my god its adorable that you think this

He has dirt on equadors powers-that-be, that's why they sheltered him

HerStuddMuffin
Aug 10, 2014

YOSPOS

Colonel Cancer posted:

GBS hates... men!?!?

GBS hates everything and everyone, as long as someone else holds it dear (barely tolerating it counts.)

yogizh
Oct 12, 2015
Dumb Helicopter Joke Enthusiast

Cursed Lumberjack posted:

Oh my god its adorable that you think this

He has dirt on equadors powers-that-be, that's why they sheltered him

I have looked up some of the diplomatic letters from the times when Czechoslovakia ceased to exist. The communication from US embassy in Prague during the Velvet revolution was amazing to read and shined a light on things that are still very shady after nearly 3 decades.
The real journalism is a dangerous job even after years in EU here and the powerful still prosecute them for free speech. Few dissapeared, or suddenly moved abroad, lately one (bit corny but independent registered press guy) got a court order to pay 60 000 € to a former politician for saying truth about his connections with communist secret service while acting as a Christian dissident. For that kind of money you can buy a huge apartment or a small house here. I doubt that his news ever made him that kind of money.

Reading is hard and Honey Boo Boo is on so nobody has time to change this hosed up planet.

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

yogizh posted:

I have looked up some of the diplomatic letters from the times when Czechoslovakia ceased to exist. The communication from US embassy in Prague during the Velvet revolution was amazing to read and shined a light on things that are still very shady after nearly 3 decades.
The real journalism is a dangerous job even after years in EU here and the powerful still prosecute them for free speech. Few dissapeared, or suddenly moved abroad, lately one (bit corny but independent registered press guy) got a court order to pay 60 000 € to a former politician for saying truth about his connections with communist secret service while acting as a Christian dissident. For that kind of money you can buy a huge apartment or a small house here. I doubt that his news ever made him that kind of money.

Reading is hard and Honey Boo Boo is on so nobody has time to change this hosed up planet.

Tldr

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

I bet that cupboard he was hiding in stinks

• Locked thread