Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FiestaDePantalones
May 13, 2005

Kicked in the pants by TFLC
Redline is one of the few I would describe as "good poo poo."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I liked the music, it was good.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

I'm also going to see if I can find a legal stream or order the bluray because that looks loving rad.

I don't even like the animes.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

It's like $8 on iTunes.

AfroGunsou
Dec 8, 2009

:yeah:
redline is one of the best looking animated movies ever and the soundtrack is baller as heck
If only the switch had a bd drive i could watch my bluray on it

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
It warms my heart to see so many people recommending Redline. It's not a perfect movie in any way but it's so much fun. Even the slow parts are entertaining.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Redline indeed rules. As does Speed Racer, another underappreciated gem. That one must be watched on blu-ray though, it can't be streamed. Gotta watch it as uncompressed as possible.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

I would play the poo poo out of a Redline game tbh

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Detective No. 27 posted:

Redline indeed rules. As does Speed Racer, another underappreciated gem. That one must be watched on blu-ray though, it can't be streamed. Gotta watch it as uncompressed as possible.

Watching Speed Racer on the big screen when it came out still is one of the highest points of cinema for me. Holy poo poo was that movie an overdose of colors and speed.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

AfroGunsou posted:

redline is one of the best looking animated movies

Nope. It's anime.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Anime. Is. Good.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

W-Wait. Redline is anime? And I enjoyed it?!

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Dr. VooDoo posted:

I would play the poo poo out of a Redline game tbh

Get Fast RMX in the eShop if you haven't.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

Dr. VooDoo posted:

W-Wait. Redline is anime? And I enjoyed it?!

/

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Not Switch news, but video games are cool and good and this is video game related..

:siren: Reminder, you have until TODAY to log into Heroes of the Storm and claim one of the FREE 20 Character Mega Bundles! :siren:

If you like MOBAs you should do it, because HotS is pretty cool.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Infinitum posted:

Not Switch news, but video games are cool and good and this is video game related..

:siren: Reminder, you have until TODAY to log into Heroes of the Storm and claim one of the FREE 20 Character Mega Bundles! :siren:

Guh??????

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Is Heroes of the Storm on Switch???

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Policenaut posted:

Is Heroes of the Storm on Switch???

It could be :colbert:

Do you know what should be on the Switch?
Overwatch
(And D3 would be nice, because I heard it's pretty dope on the PS4)

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Infinitum posted:

Or don't because HotS is loving shite.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Or do and find out if you like it or not

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Hero's of the Storm is like the only tolerable MOBA because it doesn't hold onto outdated mechanics for the sake of complexity so grognards can feel better about themselves compared to new players

All MOBAs are still trash

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Hey anyone else looking forward to the Crash Bandicoot remakes?

Meldonox
Jan 13, 2006

Hey, are you listening to a word I'm saying?

Dr. VooDoo posted:

All MOBAs are still trash

I hope the Switch gets a MOBA so I can stop wanting everything for it.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

bef posted:

Hey anyone else looking forward to the Crash Bandicoot remakes?

I sure am, gonna get it and Tekken 7 next month!

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Everyone look at this watch:

How much would you pay for it? Check the spoiler to see the real price

fukkin $258,000

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Uhh, In switch related news add me : 2192-6791-8130

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Guys I've watched several videos of ARMS and I dunno, it just doesn't look that good to me. It looks kinda janky imo.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Will there's a demo so just try it yourself next weekend

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Frankston posted:

Guys I've watched several videos of ARMS and I dunno, it just doesn't look that good to me. It looks kinda janky imo.

K

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Whens okami 2 gonna be on this thing?

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
Playing the Animal Crossing level in MK8 has got me imagining what a fully 3D AC would be like and I think I like the idea.

Meldonox
Jan 13, 2006

Hey, are you listening to a word I'm saying?
I feel like they could really take the AC formula and do something interesting with it on this thing, sure.

Guess I should go check out my New Leaf town though. I haven't set foot in my office in like three years, I hope elections aren't coming up. :ohdear:

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Bill Barber posted:

Playing the Animal Crossing level in MK8 has got me imagining what a fully 3D AC would be like and I think I like the idea.

Seriously. I'm going to be disappointed if Animal Crossing Switch does the tired old rolling camera yet again.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Isabelle rules the town with an iron fist and has set you up as figurehead for life, someone with no real power who could be used as a scapegoat when necessary.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Zaphod42 posted:

Also I really want another Rock and Roll Racing game.

An HD 4 player Rock 'n Roll Racing for the Switch is a game I'd drop money on without thinking twice.

Dr Cheeto posted:

When Waluigi isn't playing tennis or racing karts with the gang he's just straight kicking it and living the easy life, that's why there's no Waluigi game.

Little known fact: the main character in The Guardian Legend is actually Waluigi.

The Bloop posted:

I suspect porting things is usually a bit more complicated and often a lot more complicated than people seem to think. Certainly it's not just flipping on a "make money" switch. And yes, I know you didn't mean that literally.

It also depends on the engine and the platform you're moving to/from. UE4 or Unity will generally port PC <-> PS4 much easier than some random engine a studio made with a specific platform in mind.

Well I have something to track down and watch now.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe

McDragon posted:

Would you even want that? Capcom has the rights to Okami but all the people who made the game left a decade ago.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

McDragon posted:

I believe Clover Studios dissolved and most of the head honchos ended up founding Platinum yeah? So licensing hell + 'never' would be my best guess.

An Okami HD release would be a very nice thing indeed, because I absolutely adore that game.
It'd actually work out pretty sweet because you could draw the abilities on your touchscreen :3:

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Nintendo should get The Last Guardian on the Switch but instead of a giant dog bird they should replace it with a giant Waluigi

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Isabelle's brother Digby breaks into your house every day during the wee hours of the morning. Do you honestly think he's just cataloging your furniture and seeing how good you are at feng shui?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Dr Cheeto posted:

Isabelle's brother Digby breaks into your house every day during the wee hours of the morning. Do you honestly think he's just cataloging your furniture and seeing how good you are at feng shui?

When confronted he breaks down in tears, revealing that Isabelle makes him stand in the same spot all hours of the day no matter the weather and at night is forced to steal and fence furniture to fuel her ever growing coffee addiction

• Locked thread