Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

the good fax machine posted:

Actually I guess I can't laugh too much

Whoa, don't let that stop you. Look at it again. Customized Destiny Age of Triumph shirt.

Lmfao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
^^Yeah, owning a t-shirt with "DarthMilasMentor" printed on it is super tempting, now that you mention it

In this case I express my enjoyment for such things by playing them (a lot), and not by making myself even more easily identified as a dingus.

the good fax machine fucked around with this message at 15:33 on May 22, 2017

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Probably just a coincidence, but Luke Smith's hoodies during the reveal stream corresponded to the two colors of the expansions revealed so far:

Earlier I correlated the designs on the blue (second) hoodie to several planets using the original alpha lupi array diagram, which raises questions, but I can't figure out what to make of the yellow one; it's not an emblem or concept that I'm aware of in the game.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum

Waffle House posted:

Probably just a coincidence, but Luke Smith's hoodies during the reveal stream corresponded to the two colors of the expansions revealed so far:

Earlier I correlated the designs on the blue (second) hoodie to several planets using the original alpha lupi array diagram, which raises questions, but I can't figure out what to make of the yellow one; it's not an emblem or concept that I'm aware of in the game.

Do you think it might be because he works for bungie

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
No more out-of-game Grimoire cards

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

moist turtleneck posted:

Do you think it might be because he works for bungie

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Press X for story.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Also the problem I have with the AoT shirt is the gamertag is only on the shoulder and is too tiny and crappy looking to be worth the fanfare.

I want my gamertag hand lettered by Luke Smith himself to be dropping $35 on a shirt only a neckbeard would wear.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

:eyepop:

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

PathAsc posted:

They're dedicated, just not run by Bungie. They're run by dedicated fans like yourself!

i like this

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

it's very good

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Scorpio will be the premiere solution for running a dedicated Destiny 2 server.. preorder now.

I'm gonna run one on my raspberry pi though.

Spiv
Oct 9, 2006

When life throws lemons at you, nuke the fucker!
I hope that Bungie reveals the PC port is actually a setup to connect them and run dedicated servers for console players, and not actually a game.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Spiv posted:

I hope that Bungie reveals the PC port is actually a setup to connect them and run dedicated servers for console players, and not actually a game.

And yet somehow there would still be goon recommendations in the Steam thread.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
A couple little things I noticed watching strike gameplay..

-You still have the completely meaningless level number displayed on the waypoint marker for your name, gg Bungie
-UI color seems to be determined based on subclass, so Striker titan has blue icons, Gunslinger has orange, etc. This is extremely good if you are a dummy like me and frequently forget what subclass you are playing.
-I'd give my right nut to be able to turn off ghost dialogue
-Harpies deal void damage now with a sentinel beam style laser rather than solar auto rifle style
-Titan barrier wall provides visual feedback for damage taken
-Spotted some Vex Fanatics in the strike, they were only present in VoG previously
-Looks like the dream is dead for an emote wheel (at least for this particular build)

the good fax machine fucked around with this message at 18:20 on May 22, 2017

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Also I definitely heard somebody say that they were moving back to more of connection based matchmaking, but I've been watching/listening to so much of this crap that I can't remember what the source was. Fingers crossed, anyway.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

-Looks like the dream is dead for an emote wheel (at least for this particular build)

jfc its not hard bungo, look ill do this for you

make the down dpad the single emote button, allow people to assign a single emote for quick use on tap, bring up the wheel when you hold down the button. if you're feeling spicy then maybe assign a button for dances and repeat this process.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

-UI color seems to be determined based on subclass, so Striker titan has blue icons, Gunslinger has orange, etc. This is extremely good if you are a dummy like me and frequently forget what subclass you are playing.

I hope they have a plan for colorblind users, should probably change the shape as well.

Also I definitely heard somebody say that they were moving back to more of connection based matchmaking, but I've been watching/listening to so much of this crap that I can't remember what the source was. Fingers crossed, anyway.

This is far from the first time they've said this, it's the stock answer for when they get cornered about it.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

haveblue posted:

I hope they have a plan for colorblind users, should probably change the shape as well.

To clarify just a bit, it's not the color of the entire UI. Only the boxes of unspent abilities are filled in with the color of your current subclass. But I agree, accessibility options are good.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Is limiting PvP to 4x4 a good thing or a :bungie: thing? Asking for a friend.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

super macho dude posted:

Is limiting PvP to 4x4 a good thing or a :bungie: thing? Asking for a friend.

They say it's been done to focus a bit more on teamwork over attrition. I doubt there's a technical reason for it. No way to see if they've succeeded until a lot more people are playing and with more modes and skills levels in the mix.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Can you grab ledges and climb up like Titanfall 2?

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

hiddenriverninja posted:

Can you grab ledges and climb up like Titanfall 2?

I think I read something like that

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yeah I've heard from multiple sources that you automatically vault up on to ledges now.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Simple feature QoL style idea:

A option to "sent to my titan" or something, so from one character we can send to other. I know with external tools is unnecessary, but it would be nice for some people.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Blackfyre posted:

Right I'm coming back after a hiatus and the dust has settled. Whats the consensus on D2 then, are the old gang still gonna be playing D2 or does it look real lovely.

I am going to play it on PS4 if anything because my buddy
is still going to be on it. Dude saved my interest in destiny because patrols and grind used to become boring soon. Game looks dope anyway, loved the strike and loved the first mission they showed.

Blackfyre posted:

Have a lot of people now decided to play it on the PC. What do people think of the use of Battle.net?

Better alternative than Steam.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
battle.net launcher is solid

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Launchers are stupid because everyone feels obligated that they stay running in the background 24/7 just in case I need to start up a game RIGHT THIS SECOND.

Steam is the worst of the bunch because you can't go three days without the fucker prompting you to restart it for an update.

Why can't they use a download app to get the game on my computer, and if they need to phone home, do it when I launch a game? :iiam:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Oops, I didnt realize I was posting about bnet on the console thread. Sorry!

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

eonwe posted:

Oops, I didnt realize I was posting about bnet on the console thread. Sorry!

I, for one, want you to have fun gaming on your platform of choice.

treiz01
Jan 2, 2008

There is little that makes me happier than taking drugs. Perhaps administering them, designing and carrying out experiments that bend the plane of what we consider reality.

el B posted:

I, for one, want you to have fun gaming on your platform of choice.

Let us all be shiny happy people holding hands

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

I like how most of the subclasses are basically Sunbreakers. PvP is going to be a hot mess :getin:

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Yeah I've heard from multiple sources that you automatically vault up on to ledges now.

I hope they've been hard at work on perfecting this, because it was hilariously finicky the last time I saw it in action.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
Caught some Sniping game play yesterday that got me wet like a damp cellar

https://youtu.be/G5qXzz_VR4I

Mmmmm mildewy

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Some fine sniping there

I also just want to say, as the guy that struggles with callout names, that I am immensely pleased that they added callout names under the radar and for power ammo pickups.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

el B posted:

Caught some Sniping game play yesterday that got me wet like a damp cellar

https://youtu.be/G5qXzz_VR4I

Mmmmm mildewy

I didn't watch the whole thing but it sounds like the hand cannon has LitC? I was hoping that perk would :rip: in loving pieces.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Some fine sniping there

I also just want to say, as the guy that struggles with callout names, that I am immensely pleased that they added callout names under the radar and for power ammo pickups.

Nah, player created names are always the best.

Like "a-hole" to describe that broken hole in the wall next to A on rusted lands.

Or butthole on dungeons.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

xzzy posted:

Nah, player created names are always the best.

Like "a-hole" to describe that broken hole in the wall next to A on rusted lands.

Or butthole on dungeons.

While I agree that player created names are better, I always forget what things are called in the heat of battle and always end up saying "They're.. uh... mid?" That one little piece of information being immediately accessible is going to help me, personally, a whole lot.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

While I agree that player created names are better, I always forget what things are called in the heat of battle and always end up saying "They're.. uh... mid?" That one little piece of information being immediately accessible is going to help me, personally, a whole lot.

That will still happen, you'll just stammer over yourself trying to remember what the official name is and moving your eyes to go read the label.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
It certainly is at least partially a case of me being a dumbass. The text is in extremely close proximity to the radar though, and my eyes tend to be up that way a lot, so I think it might help a little.