Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Trickjaw posted:

If it was an attack then it seems like an odd concert to target.

Why? Anything that makes the spectacle more horrifying is entirely the point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

https://twitter.com/NBCNightlyNews/status/866806307159986176

NBC got the scoops.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Namtab posted:

This is one way for May to brush away her recent performance
It'll turn out it was an electrical fault, but she'll still say that she needs to see your WhatsApp messages.

duckmaster
Sep 13, 2004
Mr and Mrs Duck go and stay in a nice hotel.

One night they call room service for some condoms as things are heating up.

The guy arrives and says "do you want me to put it on your bill"

Mr Duck says "what kind of pervert do you think I am?!

QUACK QUACK

Tsietisin posted:

In not surprised there are not any camera phone pictures of any devastation. If there was any by now, I would have expected to see it.

Ariana Grande has used yondr at gigs before so might have been using it for this one. Yondr is a pouch everyone is given to put their mobile phone into and the pouch seals inside the venue and only opens when you leave.

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry
Goddamnit. Here comes 60% Conservative, watch it loving happen

minema
May 31, 2011
Can confirm the confused revolutionary man is still in bed and not the culprit.

Seriously though the hospital I work at is half an hour away from Manchester centre, I wonder if they'll be redirecting to us.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

https://twitter.com/showcasemassive/status/866800691263700992

darkwasthenight
Jan 7, 2011

GENE TRAITOR

Trickjaw posted:

If it was an attack then it seems like an odd concert to target. Also, to add to the tragedy to the poor fatalities, and their families, May will be all over this to show 'strong and stable'

It's a bunch of people in a confined area with constricted exit routes so you can maximise damage; I imagine anything else would be a bonus after that.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Thank God for the 24 hour news cycle, allowing us to hear that journalists know nothing in real time

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Lordy the state of modern media

Christ getting trampled to death in a fit of mass hysteria over nothing is one of the worse ways to go :smith:

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Namtab posted:

Thank God for the 24 hour news cycle, allowing us to hear that journalists know nothing in real time

I took me half an hour to remember why I don't bother with bbc news 24. News agencies reporting other news agencies who are reporting other news agencies.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

minema posted:

Can confirm the confused revolutionary man is still in bed and not the culprit.

Are you Diane Abbott?

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Chris Matthews of MSNBC was spreading a 20+ death count within moments of the "bombing" hitting twitter. I have no idea if NBC has people on the ground there now, just leaking loving everything or what, it's pretty awful.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Namtab posted:

I really appreciate them doing their best to milk witnesses/victims for as much information as possible, including crucial questions such as "Can you describe how it makes you feel that you could have been in the explosion if you had walked out earlier?"

Rakosi
May 5, 2008

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
NO-QUARTERMASTER

From the river (of Palestinian blood) to the sea (of Palestinian tears)
19 confirmed dead by the Greater Manchester Police

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

https://twitter.com/gmpolice/status/866808564316344321

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

Time passes quickly on the weekend.

If this was a terrorist, it's just probably helped create a government that will go after their country and countrymen with bombs.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Yeah, that's the election done with.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

TheRat posted:

I really appreciate them doing their best to milk witnesses/victims for as much information as possible, including crucial questions such as "Can you describe how it makes you feel that you could have been in the explosion if you had walked out earlier?"

Theyre gonna travk down a balding middle aged man with a massive beer gut who looked at the ariana grande concert ad once out the corner of his eye

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Tsietisin posted:

If this was a terrorist, it's just probably helped create a government that will go after their country and countrymen with bombs.

That's what they want.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

Tsietisin posted:

That's often the exact plan. Nothing would be a more effective recruiting tool.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
Police statement released.

19 confirmed dead. Around 50 others injured. Currently being treated as a terrorist incident until police know otherwise.

https://twitter.com/gmpolice/status/866808564316344321

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Tsietisin posted:

ISIS' best recruitment tool is collateral damage from US/UK etc bombings, it fuels their "Islam vs the West" narrative.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Bit early to say its a terrorist attack. We don't even know if he was brown or not yet. For all we know it could just be a crazed, mentally troubled white man.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Gorn Myson posted:

Bit early to say its a terrorist attack. We don't even know if he was brown or not yet. For all we know it could just be a crazed, mentally troubled white man.

Pretty sure Irish are white.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

Can still keep hope that it's a terrible accident until they say the magic words "explosive device".

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Sinteres posted:

Pretty sure Irish are white.
They're not white, they're Irish.

spectralent
Oct 1, 2014

Me and the boys poppin' down to the shops
Getting people to invade the middle east again is the stated goal of IS's apocalypse-cult agenda.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

spectralent posted:

Getting people to invade the middle east again is the stated goal of IS's apocalypse-cult agenda.

Getting Bush and Blair to invade was bin Laden's too.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Gorn Myson posted:

Just a quiet gardener.

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...
MSNBC are also reporting that Manchester is the second biggest city in the UK, so yeah.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Welp

https://twitter.com/DavidBegnaud/status/866809792878215169

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

how the gently caress does CBS know what was going on?

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry

Unkempt posted:

MSNBC are also reporting that Manchester is the second biggest city in the UK, so yeah.

What we know so far:

- Manchester is a city
- It's big but also on a bigger island
- There was an explosion
- 19 people died

Rakosi
May 5, 2008

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
NO-QUARTERMASTER

From the river (of Palestinian blood) to the sea (of Palestinian tears)

JFairfax posted:

they dont and are full of poo poo.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

American news have no loving idea what happens in America, why the gently caress would they know what happens in UK before UK news does?

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

This will definitely secure a Tory government.

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

Time passes quickly on the weekend.

I was checking Twitter, there's a video of a girl having a nail pulled out from her leg/foot. Looks like it's going that way

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

JFairfax posted:

You do realize CBS/NBC/ABC/CNN are all international organizations who have foreign offices in London (and probably Manchester) right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stoltec
Dec 9, 2014

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Lordy the state of modern media

Christ getting trampled to death in a fit of mass hysteria over nothing is one of the worse ways to go :smith:

Pappy always told me: "Push out your elbows, lift up your legs, and let them carry you out"

• Locked thread