Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

civ 6 first impression:

fuckin weird

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

its so loving bizarre. If they put every zelda game on steam I'd probably buy the ones from ocarina of time onwards.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

i still play the iphone fire emblem game

idk its fun and the app is well made

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

also its fuckin hilarious nintendo sold a rom that was dumped online

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-01-18-did-nintendo-download-a-mario-rom-and-sell-it-back-to-us

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Reverand maynard posted:

I just wish nintendo would give up on their loving consoles and just focus on releasing games. They have a stable of games that always seem really cool but I don't want to buy a console just for zelda and mario kart. If they were on xbox or PC I'd be all over that.

The internet, or maybe just goons, seem insanely hostile to this idea and it's the weirdest thing

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Buca di Bepis posted:

The internet, or maybe just goons, seem insanely hostile to this idea and it's the weirdest thing

its the super die hard nintendo fans that want to keep everything console exclusive. I wouldn't even give a poo poo if they waited three years after release to port games.

so many companies are legit retarded when it comes to their distribution method. I was talking to HCT about the new star trek and its going to be on netflix for every country EXCEPT the US and canada. I guess this means they want me to steal it?

PookBear fucked around with this message at 02:36 on May 23, 2017

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

How on earth is the new Far Cry going to make Montana seem like an interesting place to explore

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Buca di Bepis posted:

How on earth is the new Far Cry going to make Montana seem like an interesting place to explore

Montana has a lot of really cool places. Its where yellowstone is man.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

you can emulate everything through most Wii-U games on a normal PC anyways so who cares

the 3ds and wii/wii-u emulation scene is pretty hardcore, thanks to all the smash spergs

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

also montana is a really cool idea for a farcry

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Reverand maynard posted:

Montana has a lot of really cool places. Its where yellowstone is man.

They're pretty far apart

But yeah it's a cool idea. Didn't expect them to go there

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

I mean its also Montana so if they make poo poo up wholesale they can just ignore the 20-30 people that compromise the venn diagram cross section of video gamers and Montana residents

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
https://youtu.be/BJESLxEd0Tk

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP

Reverand maynard posted:

If they put every Zelda game on steam I'd probably buy the ones from A Link to the Past onwards.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

WAR CRIME SYNDICAT posted:

They also gently caress pc gamers other ways, like convincing devs to include really cool poo poo only on the WiiU. See: Shovel Knight.

See also: Bayonetta 2, probably :(

Buca di Bepis posted:

I don't know, I'm pretty interested to sneak around a creepy Christian ~*don't tread on me*~ cult camp and open some arteries with a shiv or what have you.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Looking forward to committing hate crimes against a simulated rascal army.

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

I've never played a Far Cry game, but if it has massive glacially carved landscapes it could be interesting.

Or maybe that's just my longing to go back to Glacier national park talking.

A similar reason had me reinstall FONV for the Honest Hearts DLC a year ago.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Now that I think about it, a crazy religious cult out in the middle of nowhere is fairly topical. A bizarre mix of Scientology and sovcits thrown into a blender.

Or, you know, classic crazy loving Christian weirdos.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

The Rat posted:

I've never played a Far Cry game, but if it has massive glacially carved landscapes it could be interesting.

I love farcry 2 and 3

2 was awesome for being able to set wildfires in the savannah and destroy anything that ran out

3 was awesome for how ball-out crazy it gets and the dude who played the villain

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Far Cry 3 is A Good Video Game. The actor who plays the villain got a nice amount of work after the game came out.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

cowboy elvis posted:

Far Cry 3 is A Good Video Game. The actor who plays the villain got a nice amount of work after the game came out.

they changed the whole character to fit him in after his audition

hes really good in better call saul too

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP
I'm behind the times, and just now getting PUBG. Any tips for first timers?

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Kuroyama posted:

I'm behind the times, and just now getting PUBG. Any tips for first timers?

Go big or go home. Drop in highly contested places and get used to the combat. Join the GiP discord: https://discord.gg/wTgaVxm and group up with us. There's usually a squad or two playing in the evening.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

The Rat posted:

Or maybe that's just my longing to go back to Glacier national park talking.

A similar reason had me reinstall FONV for the Honest Hearts DLC a year ago.

Far Cry 4 takes place in the Himalayans so it might be up your alley!

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

Man I got Witcher 3 on sale and I can't even be arsed to put hours into that. Feels like my gaming enthusiasm has gotten more and more dulled at this point. Now when I think of some giant open world game with crafting and quests and a unique leveling system, all I can think is "gently caress, that sounds like so much WORK."

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

The Rat posted:

Man I got Witcher 3 on sale and I can't even be arsed to put hours into that. Feels like my gaming enthusiasm has gotten more and more dulled at this point. Now when I think of some giant open world game with crafting and quests and a unique leveling system, all I can think is "gently caress, that sounds like so much WORK."

Witcher 3 is a pretty intense commitment. I put 120 hours into it including the DLC. Totally worth it, for me, but I get it if you're not interested.

Tiny Timbs fucked around with this message at 05:31 on May 23, 2017

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

The Rat posted:

I didn't really the touch the crafting in witcher 3 much. Once you have a certain potion it replenishes every time you sleep and you find enough gear from poo poo you kill.

TCD
Nov 13, 2002

Every step, a fucking adventure.

Pesticide20 posted:

Go big or go home. Drop in highly contested places and get used to the combat. Join the GiP discord: https://discord.gg/wTgaVxm and group up with us. There's usually a squad or two playing in the evening.

I'm the dude that always drops in far off spots and loots in peace - runs right with the gas wall shooting dudes in the back.

It normally gets me into the top 10.. except for a game tonight where the guy who was just on the other side of a rock/cement wall right at the gas/fence border was 3rd person bush whacking all of us.

E: I got an AWM 395m running kill shot over the weekend right as the dude ran into a building.

Probably a personal gaming '17 highlight.

TCD fucked around with this message at 05:39 on May 23, 2017

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Capn Beeb posted:

I don't know, I'm pretty interested to stomp around a creepy Christian ~*don't tread on me*~ cult camp and open up with an MG42.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Is this what all those militias have been training for 🤔🤔

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Is this what all those militias have been training for 🤔🤔

theyre gonna play it to learn strategies

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
And now for something completely different

cowboy elvis posted:

The mission where you go apeshit on a weed farm with a flamethrower while a rad song plays on the background was extremely my poo poo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnYsPz4O3a4

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Weird I swore this was how you spelt far cry the best version and best music period

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDL9mkuoTO8

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Missionary Positron posted:

The mission where you go apeshit on a weed farm with a flamethrower while a rad song plays on the background was extremely my poo poo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnYsPz4O3a4

That's pretty much the best mission in FC3

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=281RgomoCC0

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
The best mission in Far Cry 3 was Blood Dragon.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
This month's PUBG update will include not only the VSS, but a dirt bike. :getin:

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

Godholio posted:

This month's PUBG update will include not only the VSS, but a dirt bike. :getin:

I'm just stoked about the godamn aiming mechanics being fixed.

Shockules
May 2, 2017
The patch also includes air control for the bikes so you can do some sweet tricks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

Shockules posted:

The patch also includes air control for the bikes so you can do some sweet tricks kill yourself loving up a sweet trick.