Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rorac
Aug 19, 2011

Well then. :stare:

My group got hit with a word of chaos trap. One of the other player's character's had to roll a will save, failed with a 1, got banished. Nobody had any reason to suspect the individual had any sort of extraplanar ties. We've been playing for out of game years. Did not see that coming.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Rorac posted:

Well then. :stare:

My group got hit with a word of chaos trap. One of the other player's character's had to roll a will save, failed with a 1, got banished. Nobody had any reason to suspect the individual had any sort of extraplanar ties. We've been playing for out of game years. Did not see that coming.

Hahaha, that's amazing, how is he/she gonna get back?

Rorac
Aug 19, 2011

We have a plan, this happened right before we went to capture some dragon hatchlings (we need to lure out a dragon for reasons, this happened literally one room before we're doing this, goddamn), but we were going to take them, planeshift away to throw the parent off, and then plane shift again closer to where we want to go, at which point we would just teleport to the precise location. If that sounds convoluted, it's basically the only way we can take 3 ornery hatchlings to the person we need to. The situation is complicated.

So ultimately all that's changed is that our primary mage is ahead of schedule. :v:

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
Is Ms. pleasurable rotting meat new to gaming? Because I've seen that kind of obnoxious poo poo from newbies who take 'you can do ANYTHING in an RPG!' to heart.

MadDogMike
Apr 9, 2008

Cute but fanged
Well, my group managed under tremendous stress to finally kill off Strahd this evening as the culmination of almost a year's worth of Adventurer's League sessions. Took a month of weekly sessions to get through the castle itself considering we had plenty of screw-ups and the DM played Strahd as very VERY smart and used all the advantages, vampiric and otherwise, he had available to him fighting us.

[SPOILERS FOR CURSE OF STRAHD]
We had, by the time we finally approached the castle, done a hell of a lot of preparation and running around Barovia doing drat near everything else. This had included taking Casimir the dusk elf to the Amber Temple so he could cut a deal with the Dark Powers to raise his sister, recruiting a werewolf the card reading had told us would help, and in general hero-ing all over the drat place and dragging several NPCs behind us. So, Strahd apparently felt obliged to send us an invitation to come to his castle for dinner. Not wanting to be rude to the evil overlord who put such effort into hitting the proper notes for a traditional gloat/threaten before trying to murder us in his fortress scenario, we cheerfully walked into the obvious trap, joking all the way naturally. It was hilarious roleplaying through all this, particularly the black carriage bring us from the castle gates (my bard called shotgun with the paladin in the driver's seat, we had such a large group many folks were stuck hanging on the outside, and the druid had a funny conversation with Strahd's carriage horses who were obviously not all there) and the meal itself was great stuff too. Strahd greeted us by playing organ music (Toccata and Fugue in D Minor naturally) and a fun meal spiced with snark and threats ensued. Most of us cheerfully tucked in on the principle if we were going to be fleeing for our lives in the next hour or so we might as well do so on a full stomach; we jokingly asked Strahd why he wasn't joining in and he replied "Oh, I'll be dining later tonight" :drac:. Then he vanished and blew all the lights out; after the other bard in the party properly mocked him by playing a cheerful tune on the organ right afterwards (with my bard accompanying on my bagpipes) the hunt was on. We went down since we had been informed we'd find Strahd in his brother's crypt by the card reading early on, and in any event we wanted to find Casimir's sister's body since we had risked our necks and souls getting him to the Amber Temple to raise her before this. After several fights we managed to finish most of our "sidequests" in the castle; got the icon and holy symbol items hidden there, we found the skull of a silver dragon we needed to return to its castle, we located the werewolf's mate locked in the dungeons after some hilarity with people falling or nearly falling into a lot of trap doors to neighboring cells, and we recovered Casimir's sister after her banshee form screwed up several folks (including her poor brother) with her wailing. We had burned a lot of resources and picked up several fragile things/NPCs by then so we decided we'd postpone fighting Strahd and just sneak out of the castle. Strahd however had other plans and met us on the way out with his chamberlain Rahadin. Much chaos ensued as Strahd used invisibility to cause havoc and seal and lock doors to block off the party from each other. The monk we had who was stuck in the room alone with Rahadin (and looking like he was going to go down by the time we broke through the doors) managed to brilliantly save himself by running in a nearby room and pulling a iron door off his robe of useful items to seal himself off. Eventually Strahd summoned a ton of bat swarms to keep us busy while he fled (our paladin has the sunsword and has been generally designed to be a smiting nightmare with that thing, so the DM quite wisely ensured Strahd did not hang around to get smacked in the face by him when events got the paladin freed up to get to Strahd) and Rahadin vanished along with him. We managed to drag our somewhat mangled and exhausted selves out of the castle, with our escape only somewhat impeded by an attack by werewolves loyal to Strahd and the last remaining hag from the Bonegrinder mill showing up to take long-delayed revenge (since our only PC deaths had been to the other hags at Bonegrinder and the hag Baba Lasaga, many jokes about "no, our only weakness!" were made). Paladin made sure to scratch a "4" in the castle gateway since Strahd had been run off by said paladin three times previously.

So, we ran out and turned in our various sidequests and rested/restocked a bit (extra holy water and the like). Casimir declined to return because he had what he wanted but his sister insisted on going back with us to help out, as did the werewolf mated pair, Ismark and Ireena, and Esmerelda (we wound up recruiting a LOT of help since we never found a roleplay opportunity we scorned really). We even tried to see if we could treat a mad archmage we had run into earlier since I leveled up high enough to cast greater restoration, but our cunning plan to contact him failed when our sending spell asking to meet him got a response of "OH NO THE VOICES IN MY HEAD ARE BACK AGAIN!!". So, dragging our small army of NPCs behind us, we returned to the castle to seek out Strahd. Funnily enough the DM actually apparently rolled Strahd as a random encounter when we went downstairs again and for what had to be a suddenly thrown together plan it again came off as brilliant tactics by Strahd. He hit us from behind, and when I dispelled his invisibility this time he merely ran further along into a teleporter room we had seen earlier. We tried to blast the teleporter before he could use it but merely triggered some guardians before Strahd triggered the portal. Faced with the guardians, we all frantically ran past them before they could block us and jumped in the portal, yelling at the NPCs to follow us. We were teleported to the top of the highest tower in Ravenloft, where thanks to several tricks and the paladin actually closing in to wail on Strahd for tons of damage this time, we got him on the ropes. He proceeded to dive off the tower (probably to turn into a bat, or maybe just to play vampire lawn dart for all I know) causing several people to split off from the main group via dimension door to the ground and a monk abusing fall damage avoidance to get down before he did. Some ranged fire managed to actually take Strahd to gas form before he hit, but the session ended with the party split in several pieces and the DM giving us an off-scene explanation of all our NPCs not showing up because right after we left Casimir's sister turned on them with the help of Rahadin who had been waiting on the other side of our party from Strahd to attack.

Next session saw us trying to reassemble the group and piece together what happened. The group left on the tower made an abortive attempt to head downstairs, which lead to being attacked by a bunch of animated objects. We managed to fend them off and killed a crystal heart that apparently was the source of Strahd's constant healing when we fought him previously (it was particularly appropriate that it was taken out by our monk "staking" it with his spear), but decided it was asking for trouble to keep going that way and by some fancy Macguyver work with our ropes we managed to get ourselves down to ground level from the outside like the others had. Said others had run back to the NPCs only to find the remnants of a battle and a dead Ismark, and a trail of blood leading off. We reunited and I used speak with dead with Ismark to find out in-character what had happened and then spent the rest of the session frantically chasing after the traitor who had taken the other NPCs. We wound up fighting through several traps along the way, including a charmed Esmerelda who waited until we healed her "badly wounded" form to lash out, a cursed set of armor apparently worn by Strahd himself in life, and several animated objects. One in particular was a rug one PC rather stupidly stepped on deliberately and was entangled by, leading to the rest of the party beating the hell out of him in the process of attacking the rug to the tremendous amusement of the DM. He was somewhat disappointed the last person before the trapped PC choose to delay until the PC escaped, especially since he proceeded to crit and kill the rug at that point. Finally, being very ragged by this point, we made it to a room where the traitor NPC was waiting in ambush with Strahd's brides and an additional assistant vampire spawn. Session ends on THIS cliffhanger.

So, tonight's game finds our intrepid heroes, rather exhausted from hurling everything they had at Strahd and burning even more resources fighting our way up here, faced with several vampire spawn and a traitor who turned out to be an extremely powerful mage (when she opened up with Time Stop the general response was "oh poo poo"). Fortunately the paladin did what he typically does to vampires and scythed through them to get to the mage before she got off more than one nasty spell, and since she burned her reaction blocking another attack my bard managed a silence spell through her counter-spelling to block the inevitable slaughter. Faced with that situation she apparently gave some kind of hate filled speech about how we had ruined her plan to become bride to her beloved Strahd (which the silence hilariously blocked) and hurled herself to her death out the window in despair. We recovered Ireena in the next room, leaving us only down the werewolf NPCs, but we realized Strahd was about to come back to life within 20min since we spent so much time trying to save the NPCs. Queue frantic rush back to the crypts, in particular one area we had found blocked off by teleportation traps. While two more PCs managed to trigger the traps again and get sent too far away to help, the rest managed to open the crypt and we located a fancy coffin which we knew had to be Strahd! Along with a horde of remaining vampire spawn. We dusted them with pretty much the last of our spells and with only 2 minutes to spare charged into the room (we had used AOE spells to damage the vamps and blast open the coffin to confirm it was Strahd) and ended things with my bard frantically pounding a stake into the bastard while the paladin took his head off with the sunsword. Of course Rahadin shows up and attacks us in despair, leaving us REALLY frantic since at that point we were down to the paladin, myself, and the other bard with only one spell between us and some pretty significant damage. After much heroic rolling, we managed to win the day, found our missing werewolves, reunited Ireena with her ghost husband, escaped the area finally, and brought sunshine and peace back to Ravenloft and Barovia! At least until Strahd apparently was brought back by the Dark Powers several months after we left, who with the permanent departure of his beloved Ireena/Tatiana's soul has nothing left but to plot his revenge... Oops, guess we missed a spot?

All in all a really fun campaign. It helped that everybody was really good about roleplaying instead of just going in hacking like morons, and our DM was extremely talented, both in playing NPCs smart and in keeping time pressure on us so we didn't use the whole "fight a few times then rest" thing that can pop up in 5th edition D&D. The final push through the castle was beautifully tense since we had not even a second to waste, so by the end we were badly drained and running on the edge. Gonna be starting up a replacement game with Traveller in a few weeks, should be interesting considering I've never played that.

Augustus
Oct 10, 2004

God damn it.
Okay, so apart from the obligatory "run like gently caress, jesus christ", you really should talk to this person how they're playing a cooperative team game and running it off a cliff.

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

You are the first crack in the sheer face of god. From you it will spread.

Bieeardo posted:

Is Ms. pleasurable rotting meat new to gaming? Because I've seen that kind of obnoxious poo poo from newbies who take 'you can do ANYTHING in an RPG!' to heart.

I was thinking the same thing when I read the story. Sounds like the player is both staggeringly unfunny and a rookie. Bad combination.

Robindaybird posted:

With someone like that, you have two options: You ask her to not come back, or keep her and end up with 2-3 players quitting down the line because they can't stand it

Yep. Cut her loose. Find a way to do it. It sucks but it's like ripping off a ban-aid. Do it once, quickly, and it will save you a lot of trouble later.

Razorwired
Dec 7, 2008

It's about to start!
Yeah she sounds like the fat dude from a TGWTG liveplay years ago who kept shrieking "Where are the bitches at?!" while looking increasingly confused that nobody was laughing.

It you're her first group tell her to call down and cool it with the edgy tryhard poo poo. If there's a sea of broken groups in her wake though :sever:

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

You are the first crack in the sheer face of god. From you it will spread.
I think part of the issue is that it sounds like an all evil campaign. I don't mean that as a criticism of OmanyteJackson, but a ton of cat piss stories start with, "So I was running this evil campaign and..." Those games tend to attract and enable bad players, or otherwise good players who let loose with some bad habits. I've seen those campaigns turn otherwise good, cooperative, sane players into screeching morons. I don't want to say they're a bad idea across the board... but I also don't know how else to end that sentence. :/

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

:regd10:

MadDogMike posted:

At least until Strahd apparently was brought back by the Dark Powers several months after we left, who with the permanent departure of his beloved Ireena/Tatiana's soul has nothing left but to plot his revenge... Oops, guess we missed a spot?

If I remember correctly, in 5e you can't kill Strahd, like ever, because the evil entities take great delight in his eternal suffering. Or am I mistaken about the lore behind the 5e setting?

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Railing Kill posted:

I think part of the issue is that it sounds like an all evil campaign. I don't mean that as a criticism of OmanyteJackson, but a ton of cat piss stories start with, "So I was running this evil campaign and..." Those games tend to attract and enable bad players, or otherwise good players who let loose with some bad habits. I've seen those campaigns turn otherwise good, cooperative, sane players into screeching morons. I don't want to say they're a bad idea across the board... but I also don't know how else to end that sentence. :/
I would never be in an evil game with people I had not already been in at least a couple games with. They aren't a universally bad idea, but you need you need to be playing with people you know and trust and might worry about losing the respect of by being a disgusting cockroach of a human being.

mediocre dad okay
Jan 9, 2007

The fascist don't like life then he break other's
BEAT BEAT THE FASCIST

Yawgmoth posted:

I would never be in an evil game with people I had not already been in at least a couple games with. They aren't a universally bad idea, but you need you need to be playing with people you know and trust and might worry about losing the respect of by being a disgusting cockroach of a human being.

I find evil games work as long as the group has some good in-character reason to not betray each other (at least most of the time). Also, the overall tone and the boundaries need to be made absolutely crystal clear. If 4 players want to be cartoonish villains and the other 2 decide to go around raping, torturing and selling people into slavery that game isn't going to go very well.

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH

MadDogMike posted:

Curse of Strahd

My group just finished Curse of Strahd a month or two back and it's really interesting to me to see what others did differently. That crazy wandering wizard is Mordenkainen, and my group brought him in by just punching him out. Turns out even wizards are susceptible to a group all casting Fist more-or-less simultaneously.
Then our wizard used his scroll of Simulacrum on the wizard. So for our final fight, we had an extra 18th level wizard with us. Strahd had, in addition to Rahadin, a crazy former party member who had been driven off by one of the other PC's literally shouting that everything he did was evil, so that still ended up being tilted in Strahd's favor.

After hearing your end of the story, though, I'm very glad my GM didn't mention Strahd's return. Even if it happens, we've all left Borovia and have no way of knowing. Why go to the trouble of telling the players that nothing they did actually matters?

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

bbcisdabomb posted:

My group just finished Curse of Strahd a month or two back and it's really interesting to me to see what others did differently. That crazy wandering wizard is Mordenkainen, and my group brought him in by just punching him out. Turns out even wizards are susceptible to a group all casting Fist more-or-less simultaneously.
Then our wizard used his scroll of Simulacrum on the wizard. So for our final fight, we had an extra 18th level wizard with us. Strahd had, in addition to Rahadin, a crazy former party member who had been driven off by one of the other PC's literally shouting that everything he did was evil, so that still ended up being tilted in Strahd's favor.

After hearing your end of the story, though, I'm very glad my GM didn't mention Strahd's return. Even if it happens, we've all left Borovia and have no way of knowing. Why go to the trouble of telling the players that nothing they did actually matters?

Because literally nothing you do to Strahd matters in 5e, he always gets brought back because greater powers delight in his suffering I think. Hell, even in 3.5 Strahd was more Force of Nature than something you could technically kill.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

bbcisdabomb posted:

Why go to the trouble of telling the players that nothing they did actually matters?
Some people really get off on ruining other people's fun, and for those people there are modules like CoS.

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

Carebearz posted:

If I remember correctly, in 5e you can't kill Strahd, like ever, because the evil entities take great delight in his eternal suffering.

Pretty much, the only time they let a Darklord die-die or go is if the Darklord no longer entertains them - Lord Soth retreated entirely into illusionary mirrors so he was circumventing his curse, and Nathan Timothy was actually enjoying being an eternal riverboat captain.

So if Strahd ever just loving leave Tatiana alone and stop obsessing over her, they'll let him go and pick someone else, or merge Barovia with a neighboring realm.

I'm not sure how it is in 5e, but that's pretty much how it's been for Ravenloft, you think it's bad for the adventurers? It's literally designed to be an ironic hell for the villains who can't stop doing the thing

Robindaybird fucked around with this message at 20:52 on May 23, 2017

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

Robindaybird posted:

Pretty much, the only time they let a Darklord die-die or go is if the Darklord no longer entertains them - Lord Soth retreated entirely into illusionary mirrors so he was circumventing his curse, and Nathan Timothy was actually enjoying being an eternal riverboat captain.

So if Strahd ever just loving leave Tatiana alone and stop obsessing over her, they'll let him go and pick someone else, or merge Barovia with a neighboring realm.

I'm not sure how it is in 5e, but that's pretty much how it's been for Ravenloft, you think it's bad for the adventurers? It's literally designed to be an ironic hell for the villains who can't stop doing the thing

I'm like 98% certain that whenever he does try and leave Tatiana alone they gently caress with his mind and essentially force him to keep doing what he's doing.

OmanyteJackson
Mar 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Railing Kill posted:

While it's a campaign about assassination it's not a "let's kill the orphans for lulz" kind of thing. One of the player's basically described the campaign as Ocean's 11, but with murder.

But yeah, attracting weirdo's was my main concern from the get go. I'll have to dig through the player applications to see if there were any gems.

Bieeardo posted:

I think so... her only other experience with gaming was running a brothel in 3.5 so that may be it.

Oh right she linked the book of erotic fantasy in the group discord. HOW COULD I HAVE FORGOT THAT.

Baronjutter posted:

Nerds are really really bad at pruning awful/crazy people out of their social or gaming circles.

There was an incident before the game even started in the group discord chat. A dude just started m'ladying the other female players and went on a 4 page rant because Ms Pleasurable's dragonborn had hair. He left after I threatened to kick him for insulting her and calling her a furry which at one point might have been a red flag but we soared right past that. Any way, that case was easy because it was just a dude being a poo poo head. but she hasn't crossed any other players... yet.

I think I'll be a coward and wait until one of the other players complains. or until she links another anime rape game in the chat.

again. I am a coward.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Where are you meeting these people? I assume it's some random D&D group finding service or something, like these are random local nerds and not friends?

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

OmanyteJackson posted:

again. I am a coward.

Maybe grow a pair then, I mean you came in here asking for advice and the echoing mantra of this thread for years has been "No Gaming > Bad Gaming" and for good reason.

Not trying to be lovely, but this kind of hard decision is good for your growth as a DM too. Make the call!

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

OmanyteJackson posted:

I think I'll be a coward and wait until one of the other players complains. or until she links another anime rape game in the chat.

I dunno, I think you've got your justification right there. No need to wait for a repeat offense.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

OmanyteJackson posted:

again. I am a coward.
At this point, you've recognized there's a problem, and your players are putting their trust in you to deal with problems.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Look we'll help you out.

If you :sever: there's one person who might say something mean to you once before you block them.

If you don't we'll mock you whenever you post about it, which will be at least two or three mean things.

Pretty clear what option is scarier, let your cowardice set you free.

Coward
Sep 10, 2009

I say we take off and surrender unconditionally from orbit.

It's the only way to be sure

OmanyteJackson posted:

again. I am a coward.

Speaking with the authority of my username, it will save a lot of difficulty later if at the very least privately mention to her that you don't think her character's playstyle is meshing with the game you're running and ask if she'd like to change her approach or bid farewell to find a more comfortable fit elsewhere.

BadSamaritan
May 2, 2008

crumb by crumb in this big black forest

If you are worried about being judgmental, harsh, or unfair- take the player aside and Talk With Them *very clearly* about expectations going forward. If they are actually clueless and you don't talk to them about their weird, uncooperative behavior, they won't know it's a problem. Explain what isn't appropriate and how their wacky ideas are messing with others' fun. Be explicit and direct- it will be awkward, and you'll probably feel bad. Give them ONE chance to show that they can not bring their weird poo poo to the table. If they fix it immediately and keep it fixed, cool and good.

If they can't (or won't) not bring their weird poo poo to the table- sever. You gave them a chance, please don't let them keep ruining other people's experience. Is it more important that one person enjoy a game or do you and the other players not matter? Some players will only bring up problems with other players when things are really horrible, others will just leave since they figure that's the style of game that is being encouraged and oh well.

Evil characters and evil campaigns can be a lot of fun, but require way more meta/social awareness and active group cooperation than a standard 'heroic' game. If you have a couple people at the table who don't take hints well, I can't see a mixed or evil campaign lasting very long. The current game I play in (as a paladin, to make it easy) has two decently evil characters in the mix, and if everyone weren't committed to the story and character interactions it could have gone down in flames- PVP or otherwise- a bunch of times by now. It has been an amazing game, but has required us to be very mindful of our interactions as players and characters.

JUST MAKING CHILI
Feb 14, 2008
Or just give me her number and I'll break up with her on behalf of your group via text message.

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

Don't wait until a player complains if you're already aware there's an issue, because guess what? People don't like to complain if they think the GM is perfectly fine with what's going on. You're not fine with it, you noticed players are not having fun with this girl, she's shown a tendency to gently caress players over ICly, and a severe lack of respect for boundaries OOCly with linking rape games and trying to steer the game towards sexy times.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

To be short, OJ, you have two options here. 1. Deal with it, or 2. Be the goon in the well.

BadSamaritan
May 2, 2008

crumb by crumb in this big black forest

Yeah I was trying to be generous but really just kick her out.

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!
I finally understand everything there is to know about axes!
You don't have an obligation to include her to try and reform her. You're not an organisation, you aren't accountable to anyone. Confronting her might be difficult and unpleasant, but it's just one possibly rough confrontation. If you don't do something she'll almost certainly pull more stunts and frustrate the group more.

Pull the bandaid off now otherwise it will fester and worse in the long run.

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.

JUST MAKING CHILI posted:

Or just give me her number...
I see what you did there. :colbert:

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

OmanyteJackson posted:

:siren: her only other experience with gaming was running a brothel in 3.5 :siren:

OmanyteJackson posted:

:siren:Oh right she linked the book of erotic fantasy in the group discord. HOW COULD I HAVE FORGOT THAT.:siren:

OmanyteJackson posted:

:siren::siren:or until she links another anime rape game in the chat.:siren::siren:

Hi, Omanyte? It is Omanyte, right? Good, good. Hey, listen...these things are warning signs. Big bad warning signs. Now, any one of them by themselves might be enough on their own, but combined along with what you have already pointed out is more than enough. These could not be bigger red flags if they were being prominently flown over Tienanmen Square.

But this is not to harp on you as GM. You are being very generous with your time and your own personal comfort to try and appease someone else. But look at it this way, if you were a player in this game, and you had to deal with Ms. Personality making the situation weird and uncomfortable and your GM was sitting on their hands, how would you feel?

And actually, that doesn't matter. Because you are already creeped out by her behavior. One of your players already killed an NPC to avoid having to deal with her creepyness. I'm not in your loving game, and she's creeping me out.

If you really are squeamish about giving her the boot because you are afraid of hurt feelings, ask the other players what they think. If they are all cool with what she's been doing, dump all of them. If, on the other hand they are all rational actors and they say the same poo poo that you are hearing here, drop her stupid rear end.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

JUST MAKING CHILI posted:

Or just give me her number and I'll break up with her on behalf of your group via text message.
what did we just say about sticking it in crazy

OmanyteJackson
Mar 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Thanks everyone for the advice and most importantly, the reality check. I sent her a message telling her she's been kicked from the game after kicking her from the discord. Not going to bother with warnings or anything because I doubt telling somone "be less of a creep" would lead to an improvement, also not my job to teach social edicit around strangers

Baronjutter posted:

Where are you meeting these people? I assume it's some random D&D group finding service or something, like these are random local nerds and not friends?

Just random's off of Roll20.net except for one player who is a good friend. I asked him about the problem player last week and we proceeded to just say nothing but half "she is... special right" "...maybe?"

I almost wonder, because her behavior has been escalating week after week. But there was no way it could have gotten worse... could it have?

No wait. I'm remembering a time like 5 years ago where somone linked there bad dragon collection during an online game of cards against humanity. It can always get worse.

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop
Weakling! What about our content!? Huh!? You didn't think of that did you? You must suffer for the vicarious pleasure of this forum. Oh well, too late now. Remember for next time.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
Her heritage is red and her breath weapon is flags.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Splicer posted:

Her heritage is red and her breath weapon is flags.
I just want to say that this made me guffaw shamefully loud for it being almost midnight.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

OmanyteJackson posted:

Thanks everyone for the advice and most importantly, the reality check. I sent her a message telling her she's been kicked from the game after kicking her from the discord. Not going to bother with warnings or anything because I doubt telling somone "be less of a creep" would lead to an improvement, also not my job to teach social edicit around strangers

As much as I want to congratulate you on learning a lesson in group management, I also really wish this would have just kept on playing out because this thread has had a chronic lack of entertaining cat-piss stories lately.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

OmanyteJackson posted:

Just random's off of Roll20.net
I have had exactly one group off roll20 that was not a giant bag of cat piss, and the game fell apart because while the people were good, a bunch of them were flakier than mom's biscuits and the ST got way more bogged down by finals than she thought so the game died.

I wish I had any good stories from them, but most of them are just poo poo like "dude threw a fit when I wanted to play a non-core class" or "I asked a question about his homebrew and he killed the game to avoid answering". But I could tell these stories if people want me to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Yawgmoth posted:

I wish I had any good stories from them, but most of them are just poo poo like "dude threw a fit when I wanted to play a non-core class" or "I asked a question about his homebrew and he killed the game to avoid answering". But I could tell these stories if people want me to.

Okay, so what was the non-core class, and what was the question about this guy's homebrew?

I'm sure the latter isn't as amazing as hope it will be, but I can just imagine someone plugging the plug on their LAN cable in a cold sweat and a mad dash when you pipe up about elves or something.