Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
I don't want any more guns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

el B posted:

I don't want any more guns.

I like the surprise. And it is fun to use bad guns in PvE.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Seriously tho I'll do any gunsmith gun that can be done on Siege of the Warmind checkpoint.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Seriously tho I'll do any gunsmith gun that can be done on Siege of the Warmind checkpoint.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Keep a checkpoint at the end of Silent Fang for fallen too imo

Tensokuu
May 21, 2010

Somehow, the boy just isn't very buoyant.
Might be the wrong thread to ask in but any PS4 bros that are around mind helping me knock out the Sunless Cell strike for the exotic swords? Need to get solar and void, so we can wreck the arc knight when we drop in and try and kill the other two together + alak hul at the end to do it all in one go.

I'm getting a whole lot of nothing from Fireteams on reddit. :sigh:

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

Tensokuu posted:

Might be the wrong thread to ask in but any PS4 bros that are around mind helping me knock out the Sunless Cell strike for the exotic swords? Need to get solar and void, so we can wreck the arc knight when we drop in and try and kill the other two together + alak hul at the end to do it all in one go.

I actually need to do that boss for the solar sword, so you can send a message to poooM tonight. I'll be on around 10 est

Tensokuu
May 21, 2010

I can wait until then, for sure!

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Tensokuu posted:

My roommate and I are planning on doing it too.

He needs the void sword, I need the arc and solar.

Tensokuu
May 21, 2010

If you want to add Tensokuu if you haven't I'll gladly help you guys too

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

I got my solar one from a pub group. Took a second try because the first mission bugged out ofc. Have thorn now as well, and that thing is fun.

Kadath
Aug 17, 2004

Put Your 'Lectric Eye On Me, Babe
Grimey Drawer

PathAsc posted:

I got my solar one from a pub group. Took a second try because the first mission bugged out ofc. Have thorn now as well, and that thing is fun.

Ularg and I tried to do the arc sword with a pubbie a few weeks ago. He wasnt on mike but we made a point of going into party chat and yelling "please dont kill the arc one! I need the arc sword!" a few times to let him know not to loving kill the arc one. We get through 15 mins of painful nighfall level strike with a pubbie and the arc dude shows up first in the boss battle. loving dude supers it and kills it instantly.

We killed the other two knights immediatley and then slow rolled killing Ala Cool until the window had way passed because gently caress pubbies. Ran it again with 2 other goons and knocked it out in like 10 mins.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Tensokuu posted:

If you want to add Tensokuu if you haven't I'll gladly help you guys too

Awesome, shot you a friend request.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Kadath posted:

Ularg and I tried to do the arc sword with a pubbie a few weeks ago. He wasnt on mike but we made a point of going into party chat and yelling "please dont kill the arc one! I need the arc sword!" a few times to let him know not to loving kill the arc one. We get through 15 mins of painful nighfall level strike with a pubbie and the arc dude shows up first in the boss battle. loving dude supers it and kills it instantly.

We killed the other two knights immediatley and then slow rolled killing Ala Cool until the window had way passed because gently caress pubbies. Ran it again with 2 other goons and knocked it out in like 10 mins.

I had to have gotten lucky with the matchmaking. We zoned in, everyone pulled out a legendary solar sword, and I think that made it really simple to know we were all on the same page. I'll be forever cursed with jajajajajabrbr pub groups from now on, surely.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Last sword I needed, matchmaking kept putting me with some rear end in a top hat who seemingly for sport was killing all the knights as fast as possible at the end. Leave, try again later, same oval office killing the knights outright. When I sent him a message finally he acted offended because he said he was trying his best and no group was up to the task.

Moral of the story, literally every person who plays DESTINY is unfathomably stupid.

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k
I had the one pub run which actually worked. Best part was the pubs dying and a well placed tether finishing off all three knights and Allah-Cool in the time limit.

Kadath
Aug 17, 2004

Put Your 'Lectric Eye On Me, Babe
Grimey Drawer
I wish friendly fire was off for people not in party chat. Those are the real agents of the Darkness.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

This is my favorite middle eastern cigarette brand

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

This is my favorite middle eastern cigarette brand

^ thisbposter drinks piss

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe
How does wrath of the machine compare to kings fall. I really liked that raid.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Darth Windu posted:

One is like a slightly wet poo and the other is diarrhea

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Darth Windu posted:

The Taken king raid has annoying parts and the machine one is more straighforwad pew pew pew daka daka.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Darth Windu posted:

Taken king raid is annoying because if some piss pants dies the encounter probably needs a wipe.

In Wotm you can tea bag their corpse while the other 5 just pick up the slack.

Also it doesnt have a stupid long jumping puzzle x2 and a stupid maze to run through.

Kingsfall had the right number of encounters and difficulty but was a bit too much like a puzzle game, wotm got the puzzles and encounters right but couldve used a bit more filler imo.

I would like to see a little more randomness added to raids and strikes. Most of the time after 2 or 3 play throughs I can play drunk as hell and have no worries doing my thing because I know where to stand and when and where enemies come from and when and how many.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

BlindSite posted:

I would like to see a little more randomness added to raids and strikes. Most of the time after 2 or 3 play throughs I can play drunk as hell and have no worries doing my thing because I know where to stand and when and where enemies come from and when and how many.

With "randomness" do you mean the number of shielded snipers and nerfs to good encounters right? Because that is what has happened to updated y1 strike (that Vex black garden strike from fun and quick and an orb factory became slow and annoying) and Heroic SABER for a long time was unfinishable with pubbies.

Bungie is good as designing and tuning one version of a strike. Random variations? Not so much.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Could I get one piece of loving armor from Crota's End :argh:

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Alteisen posted:

Well, you are going to get a good sample of "Fun in Destiny" from Crota's rear end.

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k

limaCAT posted:

Well, you are going to get a good sample of "Fun in Destiny" into your rear end.
ftfy

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

limaCAT posted:

Well, you are going to get a good sample of "Fun in Destiny" from Crota's rear end.

Nice.

And I got 3 pieces on my titan, figures, I just wanted some warlock ones.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D
Some PvP highlights and random funny poo poo.

https://youtu.be/Ws0fd6hr1yA

Also liberal use of the word "oval office"

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

That is guaranteed fun, unlike Destiny where it's RNG.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Alteisen posted:

This wouldn have been a epic title when crota was released.

Also the Taken King raid is awesome, but everything else said about it is also true.

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k

limaCAT posted:

That is guaranteed fun, unlike Destiny where it's RNG.

I got some sick drops last raid. It was great. :parrot:

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

The Meat Dimension posted:

Treads Upon Stars. Use a skeleton key in a Cabal strike

What kinda roll Should I be looking for? Firefly and triple tap?

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

The Meat Dimension posted:

I got some sick drops last raid. It was great. :parrot:

I got an incredible amount of stuff over the last few raids that I've done. It is a pretty stark contrast from the days of vanilla, where you could run a raid multiple times in a week and literally get nothing but materials to upgrade the gear that you don't have.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

I have a god roll Imago and a god roll Treads Upon Stars, and they don't feel like Y1 Fatebringer/Vision of Confluence.

The magic is gone.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nothing ever will, those guns in particular were OP as gently caress, and I think Bungie learned their lesson with that one. I can appreciate that they've come up with some good unique perks/ combos for raid weapons since, though. I'm eager to see some Cabal raid weapons.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

the good fax machine posted:

Nothing ever will, those guns in particular were OP as gently caress, and I think Bungie learned their lesson with that one. I can appreciate that they've come up with some good unique perks/ combos for raid weapons since, though. I'm eager to see some Cabal raid weapons.

"Achilles: you can only be damaged by being shot in the hands or toes"

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Funny that discussion about the Sunless Cell came up, I just ran it for Dark Drinker last night. Dropped into a game, they immediately added me to the party. Two different swords required between the three of us. We hosed up and killed one of the knights the first time around, but the guy stuck around to help us on the second run. Totally smooth experience.

Sdoots
Nov 3, 2013

I did this and could have stopped it, but nothing in nature ever follows a gaussian curve. Sure, they'll tell you that it does. They say that every five minutes someone dies in a car accident, but how often are there seven hundred and sixty one armless and legless corpses in one hangar?
Got the PS4 digital edition paid off. Watched some more gameplay and it looks like they have the guns taking up slightly less of the screen, which was part of why I wanted the FOV adjustment the PC has. With that as a non-issue, I'll stick with where my friends are.

I am looking forward to punching Cabal real hard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down
Wonder what is in the TWAB later today? Probably an announcement of when they are going to make an announcement.