Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
i hope the story apes off of bioshock infinite so nerds go insane with rage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

Ape Has Killed Ape posted:

Oh I doubt that any rest stop bathroom in Montana is headless.

:buddy:

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice
montana is a super cool place to visit so video game montana should be a super cool place to murder like ironic secessionists im guessing?

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice
also #whitegenocide

Tofuslob
Jul 9, 2013

i hope you get to play as a dudebro tourist from germany. i want to be a german backpacker boy called klaus with real bad tats who thinks he is the dali lama because he dad hosed he mum and made a lil rich boy who could go to other countries and suck at basic sergice jobs..i wanted a LARGE cappa you Dumb gently caress Klaus.

A LARGE

Dean of Swing
Feb 22, 2012

Robo Reagan posted:

That would be amazing and wonderful.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

BIG PUFFY NIPS posted:

also #whitegenocide

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Tofuslob posted:

i hope you get to play as a dudebro tourist from germany. i want to be a german backpacker boy called klaus with real bad tats who thinks he is the dali lama because he dad hosed he mum and made a lil rich boy who could go to other countries and suck at basic sergice jobs..i wanted a LARGE cappa you Dumb gently caress Klaus.

A LARGE

Also they love German techno. German techno plays a large part in the plot and characters back story. Sound effects are techno

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Robo Reagan posted:

it would piss off both sides of the spectrum so much

the right cuz you're slaughtering nationalist pricks left and right

and the left because Infinite's message was "the slaves were just as bad as the slavers!"

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
I hope we can play as pagan min and ride elephants

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice

CharlestonJew posted:

and the left because Infinite's message was "the slaves were just as bad as the slavers!"

it kinda wasnt dude

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

BIG PUFFY NIPS posted:

it kinda wasnt dude

you start off in a crazy nationalist dystopia where minorities and other undesirables are segregated and put into slavery

then you travel to an alternate universe where the slaves have weapons to fight back and they're slaughtering women and children left and right while covering their faces in war paint and hollering like indian warriors

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN posted:

Also they love German techno. German techno plays a large part in the plot and characters back story. Sound effects are techno

German techno is actually cool and good

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

CharlestonJew posted:

then you travel to an alternate universe where the slaves have weapons to fight back and they're slaughtering women and children left and right while covering their faces in war paint and hollering like indian warriors

Sounds rad to me

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

shut up blegum posted:

German techno is actually cool and good

Do they even make techno anywhere else?

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice

CharlestonJew posted:

you start off in a crazy nationalist dystopia where minorities and other undesirables are segregated and put into slavery

they are doing pretty normal violent revolution stuff dude the game shows both sides doing bad things but it leaves the moral judgments up to you

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Those democrats sure look nuts.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

BIG PUFFY NIPS posted:

they are doing pretty normal violent revolution stuff dude the game shows both sides doing bad things but it leaves the moral judgments up to you

yeah the left doesn't like that stuff.

at least the side of the left that complains about video games on the internet

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

CharlestonJew posted:

the side of the left that loves to vaguely call for revolution but doesn't have any idea of what that entails

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice

CharlestonJew posted:

people should try consuming media before criticizing it

its been a while but im like 90% sure they werent slaves it was a just a racially segregated society going through a violent labor revolution that the main characters were having they weird disneyish adventure in the middle of

it was a p good game

Fushigi Yuugi fansub
Jan 20, 2007

BUTT STUFF

CharlestonJew posted:

well at least that's historically accurate

ultrabindu
Jan 28, 2009
Why didn't Ubisoft set the new Far Cry in a favela or Fyre Festival if the want to be super edgy?

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

Please get rid of the eagle attacks.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
the dudes should be fatter

as it stands they look like they run a craft brewery in portland

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

BIG PUFFY NIPS posted:

it kinda wasnt dude

Its message was "Ken Levine is an enormous hack" and it delivered that message perfectly.

If they want to make these guys all insane racists (and, of note, they ought to have taken them down to the Deep South or Eastern Texas to really soak up that goodness) then they shouldn't half-rear end it like Bioshock did. It's loving hilarious that the only racial slur actually uttered by the racists of Columbia is "Patty-O'Malley" to refer to Irish people.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Universe Master posted:

Please get rid of the eagle attacks.

They are bald eagle attacks now.

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice

8-Bit Scholar posted:

Its message was "Ken Levine is an enormous hack" and it delivered that message perfectly.

If they want to make these guys all insane racists (and, of note, they ought to have taken them down to the Deep South or Eastern Texas to really soak up that goodness) then they shouldn't half-rear end it like Bioshock did. It's loving hilarious that the only racial slur actually uttered by the racists of Columbia is "Patty-O'Malley" to refer to Irish people.

they didnt want to make them insane racists just normal racists my dude sorry the video game didnt attempt to validate your worldview

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

8-Bit Scholar posted:

(and, of note, they ought to have taken them down to the Deep South or Eastern Texas to really soak up that goodness)

Richard Spencer is from Montana.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

Fun Shoe
Set it in Louisiana, make the enemies fat wheel chair cajun olds wearing maga hats

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

BIG PUFFY NIPS posted:

they didnt want to make them insane racists just normal racists my dude sorry the video game didnt attempt to validate your worldview

They wanted them to be racist "but not too racist" because they didn't want anyone to think that THEY were being racist

They made them whitewashed racist.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

scrubs season six posted:

Richard Spencer is from Montana.

You do get all sorts of odd ducks up north. Most folks I'd say aren't really racist so much as they're really badly educated.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

Fun Shoe

8-Bit Scholar posted:

You do get all sorts of odd ducks up north. Most folks I'd say aren't really racist so much as they're really badly educated.

"You know... Morons!" lol, Montana

Dean of Swing
Feb 22, 2012
"Will Far Cry 5 be the dark souls of the series?"

"Is Far Cry 5 the dark souls of open world games?"

"Is Far Cry 5 villain the Andrew Ryan of dark souls?"

"Top 10 ways that Far Cry 5 pulls a dark souls?"

"How Far Cry 5 villain is the Donald Trump of videogames (also dark souls)."

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice

8-Bit Scholar posted:

They wanted them to be racist "but not too racist" because they didn't want anyone to think that THEY were being racist

They made them whitewashed racist.

please describe your ideal video game racist

hell if you tweet it to they might even be able to squeeze them into fc5 for you

Dean of Swing
Feb 22, 2012

BIG PUFFY NIPS posted:

hell if you tweet it to they might even be able to squeeze them into fc5 for you

A big dude in armor who is weak to headshots and asks me "why isn't the local mosque denouncing the Ariana Grande bombing" when I walk close to him and press (A). Or when he is walking around his cotton field so I know when he is close and can press(B) to sneak attack.

Dean of Swing fucked around with this message at 15:02 on May 25, 2017

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

I'm ready for the mandatory scene where the pc seduces the hottest of the redneck women and cures her racism with his dick.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

BIG PUFFY NIPS posted:

solid snake but he says friend of the family a lot

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice
creeping through the wooded ranges you come across an enemy camp

from a safe distance you shoot the lock on a bear cage with your silenced rifle and watch as the bear mauls the enemy soldiers

each va delivers his death cry in a condesending monotone as the bear kills him

"so much for the tolerant left"

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Waffle House posted:

This, and also I'm pretty sure the game is set in Appalachia (Tennessee, Kentucky, Virginia, the Carolinas) based on the topology presented in this teaser image

There's snow capped granite peaks in the picture.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
Will we atleast be able to bodyslam a reporter? Because it wont feel like an accurate Montana simulation without that

• Locked thread